Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi (23741 Views)

PDP Tells Police IG To Reactivate Forgery Case Against Aregbesola / Tinubu, Bisi Akande & Ajimobi Pay Condolence Visit To Aregbesola Over Mum Death / 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by CessyFatos101: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
Press Release
June 22, 2017

Osun has done everything to make Osunwon Omoluabi an acceptable Philosophy in Commerce

The attention of the Government of Osun has been drawn to a protest embarked upon by some market women at the secretariat Osogbo today.
Their protest was ostensibly to press home their rejection of the use of the standard weight and measure (Osunwon Omoluabi) which the government introduced last year as part of the efforts to standardize commercial transactions in our state.
We consider this rather to be sad, unfortunate and totally uncalled for.
For the avoidance of doubts, Osunwon Omoluabi was launched in Osun precisely on June 13, 2016 to bring equity, Justice and fairness in all forms of commercial transactions within the territory of Osun.
It was done to restore confidence in both the buyer and the seller. It was done to eliminate all forms of distrust, acrimony and tensions associated with buying and selling.
Above all it was a move by the current administration to bring our commercial transactions at par with the most civilized and acceptable norm on commerce across the globe.
We recall that long ahead of the 2016 public presentation of Osunwon Omoluabi, this government embarked on a massive public enlightenment, stakeholders engagements and full elucidation of the philosophy behind the introduction of the standardized measure.
As a responsible government, we have given ample room for all stakeholders to be sufficiently prepared for effective take off and full implementation of this scale and measure policy.
It is therefore a surprise that attempts by officials who sought enforcement of the use of the scale and measures in some markets on Tuesday and Wednesday were resisted by some.
We have assured all, including the women who protested today, that the government means well and should there still be a few who are not at home with this new culture we are trying to encourage and enforce, the government will stop at nothing at ensuring that every stakeholder is made to buy into this noble culture.

Semiu Okanlawon
Director,
Bureau of Communication & Strategy
Office of the Governor
Osogbo

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by adetayo234: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

Well I don't know the pulse of the society or those living in osun state towards this issue but from the outside view of ppl this will look as less important issue

Especially because they give you free food where you came from and you don't need to buy anything
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Omofunaab2: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

Noone is complaining. Government has no business in interfering with ppl private business. If a buyer isnt satisfied let the person go to another seller

You are ignorant. .if traders are busy exploiting the buyers in the market, who do you think they will blame?

4 Likes

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by MrIcredible: 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

So market women basis of measurement is suppose to be government top priority for now ,when many months salaries havent been paid? I am sure they intend selling those measures to the poor traders .
Shut up!
Frustrated osu

What salaries are you referring to?
Maybe you should ask your state governor first undecided
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by anthopadua(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Aregbesola aba is that the next agenda. I can't understand
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by lordyugo: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
alcmene:
Pensioners are protesting,

Doctors are protesting,

Teachers are protesting,

Now market women have joined the chorus.

The only state where IDP camp is being set for hungry residents.... no wonder they have all turned human parts dealers to make ends meet.

sw a region best depicted as a horror movie,dnt get me started on their rural areas
thats why everyone of them is from lagos state cheesy cheesy
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Emtol01: 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

So market women basis of measurement is suppose to be government top priority for now ,when many months salaries havent been paid? I am sure they intend selling those measures to the poor traders .
It's not the entire people of Osun are salary earners but the entire populace uses the measuring gauge.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Emtol01: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
alcmene:

Doctors are protesting,

Teachers are protesting,

The only state where IDP camp is being set for hungry residents.... no wonder they have all turned human parts dealers to make ends meet.
if you don't know Osun very well stop posting bad things about the state. the road u posted is not a major road. Even Lagos still has some bad roads.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by omoelerin1: 8:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
i think the governor is too busy for trivial issue like this. the article says it was introduced by the ministry of commerce. but many nigerians will start shouting the name of the president or governor on any public policy that are even the making of govt agency.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by freelanceojet01: 11:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
aregbe's empire has fallen, are these not the iyalojas that we're supourting him before
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by piice: 5:18am On Jun 23, 2017
onatisi:

What do u think the government reaction will be ,it seems you live in osun state. Can the market women force the government to back down?
Hmmmmm, I am not really certain because no matter how good any idea may be, our administrators know how to negotiate that kind of issue with the people involved. They (the government ) may surrender/give up to deliberately favor them and intentionally sly the masses so far they aren't really complaining perhaps because they are used to exploiting them.

Secondly, don't forget election is around the corner, no Bleep up must come from the government this time around because these are the pple who come out to vote most, the victims prefer staying indoor to watch and monitor the election on the tv. Therefore, the government may back down (85% certainty). Thanks.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by sfinkzslot(m): 5:22am On Jun 23, 2017
onatisi:

Noone is complaining. Government has no business in interfering with ppl private business. If a buyer isnt satisfied let the person go to another seller

oga please don't come here and say this misleading people and urself, part of govt duties is to regulate which is what osun govt is doing, other states should follow, I wonder why it's coming this late but it's still a positive step in the right direction
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by onatisi(m): 5:54am On Jun 23, 2017
piice:

Hmmmmm, I am not really certain because no matter how good any idea may be, our administrators know how to negotiate that kind of issue with the people involved. They (the government ) may surrender/give up to deliberately favor them and intentionally sly the masses so far they aren't really complaining perhaps because they are used to exploiting them.

Secondly, don't forget election is around the corner, no Bleep up must come from the government this time around because these are the pple who come out to vote most, the victims prefer staying indoor to watch and monitor the election on the tv. Therefore, the government may back down (85% certainty). Thanks.

Na wa o for osun politics. Lets see how the negotiations will go. Time will tell whether the government will back down or not. Thanks baba.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by tola268: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2017
alcmene:

Doctors are protesting,

Teachers are protesting,

Ewe ti n sunko, ( Juju is no more working) The end is coming for tyranny government in osun state
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by mapet: 7:50am On Jun 23, 2017
onatisi:

Well I don't know the pulse of the society or those living in osun state towards this issue but from the outside view of ppl this will look as less important issue

...and the more reason you should exercise caution in making assertion about an environment you know nothing about
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by mapet: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

onatisi: :

Your opinion is very wrong.

A cardinal duty of the government is to standardize the weights and measures. This has been achieved in parts western Europe for instance, almost 1000 years ago (under Alfred the Great in Britain). That we are still attempting to achieve this in 2017 to much opposition, says very much about our backwardness.

My bros,

You wonder when people brazenly lay ignorance on NL with gusto........ even the proponents of "free markets" understand that there needs to be regulation
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by mapet: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Haha!

This your picture must be in the 80s or 90s. I
You need to visit Osogbo now

http://www.oranmiyan.org/2013/10/19/aregbesola-urban-renewal-the-new-look-of-osogbo-at-night/

Well, we'll have to thank you guys for helping to keep our governor on his toes while neglecting yours
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

abi
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by mapet: 8:02am On Jun 23, 2017
bkool7:

QueenOfNepal: :
Aregbesola is so idle and empty upstairs that he is introducing a measuring scale for market women. Don't Osun have LGA or markets now fall under the purview of state government.

This is an unitiative of the ministry of Agriculture and Food Security which is part of the Osun State govt .
Its obvious you don't know how govt operates You have to be more civil and objective in your comments , this is is not a Biafra thread where you can throw caution to the wind and start imsulting your elders

@bkool,

Save yourself the stress. Unfortunately you are talking to someone "empty upstairs", that is ignorant of standards of the Ministry of Agriculture, yet thinks the governor is empty upstairs. This is why our kids should read their books
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by surgical: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2017
onatisi:

. Not that they intend to sell, they are already selling.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by onatisi(m): 8:09am On Jun 23, 2017
surgical:
. Not that they intend to sell, they are already selling.
Na wa o
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by cyberguy72(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2017
onatisi:

I wonder!this is so disgusting
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by patola080(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2017
temitope277:
do they owe u salaries? Plz dont say wat u dont know
wot do u know about osun state? Osun is d only state in dis country dat is paying half salary, no local government, no promotion 4 it state worker 4d part 7years dis man hv coming governor in d state and I love wot he is do to dis women,i can remember wen d state worker re doing dis dey re d one talking like fools
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2017
mapet:

My bros,

You wonder when people brazenly lay ignorance on NL with gusto........ even the proponents of "free markets" understand that there needs to be regulation

It is not a 'small something'. Many people lack understanding.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Decentitunu: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2017
Worst leadership ever in Osun state, is causing confusion everywhere.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by samteez4christ: 12:59am On Jun 24, 2017
These market women will have to realise that sooner or later they will have to get used to this new weighting scale initiated by the Governor. This is to their own advantage and that of the buyers in other to check any form of biased trading or unequal trading. I'm sure that that when they start using it they will get used to it and realise that is easier to handle.
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Raddie(m): 3:57am On Jun 24, 2017
By now this shouldn't even be an issue.

Nigerians just like extorting/taking advantage of each other.
The other day some women came to buy catfish from a friend they came with their own scale, after weighing with theirs I insisted he weighs with his scale to confirm and lo and behold theirs was adjusted.

Someone should look into PMS and DPK too. You pay for say 5litres and you get 4litres.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Enjoys ‘cult-like’ Followership; Ekweremadu, PDP Govs Supporting Him – BM / Umahi & Obasanjo Honoured By Governor Ortom In Benue State / Photos Of The Six Nigerian Red Cross Workers Killed In Rann Air Strike Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.