Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car (12876 Views)

Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by autojosh: 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
If a child is below 13 years old or not big enough for the front seat, then they don't have any business seating in the front seat. It's so sad spotting parents driving with little babies or 3 year old kids in the front seat. Some of these kids even stand up to have a good view of the road ahead when the car is in motion.. Note: It can't get more cruel than this.

Babies that are below 1 year old should ride in a car seat facing the rear of the car.. They can face forward or backward between age 1-4 depending on which is more convenient. 4-7 year olds should use a forward facing car seat after which they can use the booster seat until age 13.. or when seat belts are good enough for them. In addition, height and growth level also have a role to play so you may not rely on age only.

Let me spare you all this plenty gist and stick to the topic for today.

5 reasons front seats are very dangerous for your kids

1) Airbag may not deploy

The front passenger seat of most cars have a weight sensor that turn on the front passenger airbag if the sensor registers a weight up to 30kg (this figure may vary). So if you have a 20kg kid on that seat, the airbag will be off and an major impact is probably sending that child right through the windscreen.. TOO BAD.. You certainly don't want that.

2) Airbag may injure or kill the child if it deploys

If the passenger seat sensor senses the child's weight and the airbag deploys, this may be catastrophic. The front airbags are made to protect adults. They are very powerful when they deploy and this may injure or suffocate the child.

3) Seat belt won't fit them

When we were kids, we used to fit our Daddy's cloths, shoes and belts.. Guess what, they were always to big for us.. Obviously, you can't have a child's car seat in front.. so imagine trying to restrain a 5 year old with the seat belt, it's either a mission impossible or a suicide mission. It would probably injure them rather than save them.

4) They can fiddle with stuffs and distract the driver

How many times have you yelled at your kids.. "stop that!".. "don't touch that!". They'll always look for something to touch. That's their specialty.. then you put them in the front passenger's seat close to the gear lever, controls on the dash, power window and door switches. Sorry pal, they just can't stop fiddling with all that.

5) No child lock on the front doors

I got cracked up when I saw 2 kids arguing that the back doors would never open from inside. They grumbled as they clamoured that it's only Daddy and Mummy's doors that do open. Little do they know it's for their safety. A safety feature children who seat in front are deprived of.

You have any to add? Tell us in the comment section.

Don't forget to like, rate, share and download our android app.

https://autojosh.com/5-reasons-kids-should-not-sit-in-the-front-seat-of-your-car/

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Ephort: 12:01am On Jun 23, 2017
Lovely points

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 23, 2017
Remove the Goddam Airbags..
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by TheHistorian(m): 7:29am On Jun 23, 2017
Buy them a bicycle! undecided

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by GdexFolami(m): 7:29am On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

see as human being reason ..kai!!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by crazyABO(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2017
Some people will even put two kids together at the front angry

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 23, 2017
Good people of nairaland.com, please I need your help here.
https://www.nairaland.com/3877035/need-serious-financial-assistance
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Victornezzar: 7:30am On Jun 23, 2017
grayht:
Remove the Goddam Airbags..
It's like u don't d power of airbags ahbi
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Lincoln275(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2017
nice info
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by helphelp: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2017
how much be car seat now sef?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by hardeywhale2: 7:34am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Camlot000007: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2017
Oya

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Victornezzar: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2017
Autojosh ansa my question na
my mom honda pilot....d seat is very strong
Are dere possibilities dey changed it b4 selling
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by ONeMAnMOPOL: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2017
Lincoln275:
nice info
Great points, weldon OP.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by scarletkinq(m): 7:37am On Jun 23, 2017
Ok children have no business sitting in front
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by PROWESX(m): 7:37am On Jun 23, 2017
no.4 very cogent point
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by ElectronicsGuy(m): 7:37am On Jun 23, 2017
H
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 23, 2017
Why would I let my child sit at the front seat?.. Person wey I carry for nine months and brought to the world with pains.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by diablos: 7:40am On Jun 23, 2017
African kids though, cuz an 8-10yrs old american child is big enough for the front seat, they grow so fast and big in contrast to their counterparts over here.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Gguy4real: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2017
I think you are right
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by ElectronicsGuy(m): 7:45am On Jun 23, 2017
Generator Power Booster | For Iron

Product details

The booster can be plugged to small generator like tiger generator and bigger generating plants. It does not affect the sound of the generator neither will it affect your generator set in any way.

It will allow you to plug your iron in the output of your generating plant without damage to your generator coil e.g: for Ironing of clothes The consumption
rate is small to allow you plug other things like: Tv, Fan, light bulbs, computer,phone charger and stereo system. The booster enhances and prolongs the life of
your generator by absorbing the pressure from your high current appliances.
Has no contact with your generator and therefore does not harm the Coil
No damage to generator.

Gone are the days when you wait for Nepa and PHCN before
you use your appliances. Iron booster is a cautioner between the supplier and the
load. It lightens the load plugged on it. You can use it with small and big generator plants

Importance of booster.
1. Easy to apply
2. Have no negative effect on your generator sets.
3. Does not stop you from using other loads like bulbs, cd, TV sets etc.
4. Does not increase fuel consumptions.
5. Very cheap and affordable.

N4500
Lagos

0811-9387235
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by uju22(f): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2017
Thank you op
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Tyche(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2017
My 2 years+ daughter can't seat anywhere but the front seat
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by chronique(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2017
Nice points. The one that upsets me most is when you see a slowpoke carrying a baby on his laps while driving. If airbag deploys, that's instant death for that child.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by TulsaOklahoma: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2017
I saw a python this morning,it was crawling and going it's way I refused to kill it,u don't want lalasclastica to have a good day today ;DI saw a python this morning,it was crawling and going it's way I refused to kill it,I don't want lalasclastica to have a good day today ;DI saw a python this morning,it was crawling and going it's way I refused to kill it,u don't want lalasclastica to have a good day today ;DI saw a python this morning,it was crawling and going it's way I refused to kill it,I don't want lalasclastica to have a good day today
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by chronique(m): 8:03am On Jun 23, 2017
Tyche:
My 2 years+ daughter can't seat anywhere but the front seat

That's because you don't want to discipline her and be firm on her. Is it because she cries non stop for not sitting in front? If yes, that's the beginning of rebellion. Children should be firmly made to understand these things early enough, especially in this era where they grow pretty fast.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Funjosh(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2017
Some kids won't accept, after seeing them at the back seat they will still move to the front seat unless you tape them with swat belt lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Psoul(m): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2017
Some will even let their todler seat or stand on their laps, that is between the driver and the steering wheel. This is a very bad practice. Some do it to show off. But that show off can turn deadly. You may argue that u are on a very slow speed, but dangerous things can still happen at that speed.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by iamkingzlee(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2017
I don't even want to know. Where i come from, I was taught.. when there is an elder, no child is entitled to the front seat. Periodd!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by XX01(f): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Where I disagree with you is where you said obviously you can't put a car seat in front. Why can't you? Put a forward facing car seat in front, arrange the seat belts in the right positions, raise the chair high enough and then you can put a child like 5/6 years and above in front.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

EXCUSE ME SIR
r u sure ur with ur brain ?? undecided
TheHistorian:

EXCUSE ME SIR
r u sure ur with ur brain ??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vital Tools You Should Have In Your Car / Akure International Auto Market: - ‘the Cotonou’ In Ondo: / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.