Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car (12878 Views)

Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Factfinder1(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by ItalianWine(f): 9:27am On Jun 23, 2017
Lalasticlala we already have this on the front page now

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by TechPanda(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2017
Tyche:
My 2 years+ daughter can't seat anywhere but the front seat

In Falz Voice: Wehdone Sir
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by BiggyBamBam: 9:38am On Jun 23, 2017
diablos:
African kids though, cuz an 8-10yrs old american child is big enough for the front seat, they grow so fast and big in contrast to their counterparts over here.

Do not say what you don't know.
In the Beautiful State of Maryland, USA where I reside, a child that is less than 13yrs old cannot sit in front.

If you try it and you're caught, you will be charged with "Child Endangerment" or some other laws. If found guilty, your child will be taken away from you and given to another parent not related to him or her. Your loss will be somebody else's gain.

I believe this also applies in all 50 States.
US is not Nigeria where an infant can be in the front seat, while her mother is holding her.

Nigeria is a lawless country!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Lipseals: 9:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Funjosh:
Some kids won't accept, after seeing them at the back seat they will still move to the front seat unless you tape them with swat belt lipsrsealed

There is nothing like 'some kids won't accept'.
It will amaze you how smart these kids are.
Have you taken time to explain to the child the danger of sitting in the front seat?

Each time my daughter insist on sitting in the front seat, I just tell her the policeman will arrest her. That does the trick. And when I eventually drive into the compound, she will move to the front and tell me, 'there are no policemen here, Mom'.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Originalsly: 9:48am On Jun 23, 2017
helphelp:
how much be car seat now sef?
How much be hospital bill now sef?... or funeral expenses now sef?..... some people just have to learn the hard way....many kids are suffering and have lost their lives because of ignorance and stubbornness of their parents. Great thread....those who have ears....

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by asahnwaKC: 10:39am On Jun 23, 2017
It's a pity when you see some Nigerian parents carrying a baby and driving at the same time....thinking they are showing love. In the western world..na straight to jail.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Tyche(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2017
chronique:

That's because you don't want to discipline her and be firm on her. Is it because she cries non stop for not sitting in front? If yes, that's the beginning of rebellion. Children should be firmly made to understand these things early enough, especially in this era where they grow pretty fast.

I can't stand her cries of "I want to sit down my sit grin , although my wife doesn't allow that in her car though
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by chronique(m): 11:57am On Jun 23, 2017
Tyche:

I can't stand her cries of "I want to sit down my sit grin , although my wife doesn't allow that in her car though

You have to stand it and be firm or else, she'd start crying to get everything she wants from you and that's not a good way to raise kids. The earlier they learn that "no" means "no", the earlier they adjust. You have to start threatening her with not allowing her to go out with you when she cries to sit in front, and enforcing it swiftly. That way, she would adjust.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by rezzy: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
I no kukuma sabi drive and I don't have a car. My boys ages 2.7 months and 1.4 months can open the door if you are not looking at them. There was a day my second son opened the door shocked shocked. Thank God we were on a street with pot holes.

My older son doesn't even sit. Even if he is feeling sleepy. Last month, we went to a wedding at Ajah. , he stood on the seat from Igando to Ajah. No matter the Police with catch you talk , he won't listen.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by SUNDICOS(m): 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
GdexFolami:
see as human being reason ..kai!!!
don't mind dat person, the name goes with the quote
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by SUNDICOS(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
Camlot000007:
Oya
ikparikpa for you!
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Tyche(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
chronique:

You have to stand it and be firm or else, she'd start crying to get everything she wants from you and that's not a good way to raise kids. The earlier they learn that "no" means "no", the earlier they adjust. You have to start threatening her with not allowing her to go out with you when she cries to sit in front, and enforcing it swiftly. That way, she would adjust.

Omo, she can cry for Africa oooooo
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by chronique(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
Tyche:

Omo, she can cry for Africa oooooo

You are making excuses for her. Crying doesn't kill a child when you are correcting her. Anyways, it's your call to make.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by classicblue234(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
helphelp:
how much be car seat now sef?

a good car seat should be between 30k to 40k. I bought a very good car seat that comes with a roller. it has a dual function. u can use it as a car seat or roller.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Tyche(m): 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
chronique:

You are making excuses for her. Crying doesn't kill a child when you are correcting her. Anyways, it's your call to make.

Thanks for your time
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by helphelp: 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
classicblue234:

a good car seat should be between 30k to 40k. I bought a very good car seat that comes with a roller. it has a dual function. u can use it as a car seat or roller.

Thanks a lot for this info. Although, my initial post shouldn't have come with a question mark.

I was only trying to say how much is a car seat, that one would risk having a child not well protected in a car.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Mcreloaded(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
I have seen some stupid women carrying their child and driving though men do it all the time which makes them more stupid
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by Tyche(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2017
chronique:

I found a way to make it work. I was going out yesterday when she started crying she wants to follow me, initially I wanted to object, but with this thread on my mind we made a deal.

I said " Ok, you can go with me but you sit at the back", she rejected that and continued crying. I headed for the door, then she stopped crying and said, I will fowo grin you, then I took her and we headed for the car. She now asked for permission to come with some toys her granny bought for her, we went back, packed them and she was seated at the back playing with the toys.
Re: 5 Reasons Kids Should Not Sit In The Front Seat Of Your Car by chronique(m): 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
Tyche:

I found a way to make it work. I was going out yesterday when she started crying she wants to follow me, initially I wanted to object, but with this thread on my mind we made a deal.

I said " Ok, you can go with me but you sit at the back", she rejected that and continued crying. I headed for the door, then she stopped crying and said, I will fowo grin you, then I took her and we headed for the car. She now asked for permission to come with some toys her granny bought for her, we went back, packed them and she was seated at the back playing with the toys.

Lol. Nice one. Now, she knows her place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vital Tools You Should Have In Your Car / Akure International Auto Market: - ‘the Cotonou’ In Ondo: / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.