Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. (22803 Views)

Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by eluquenson(m): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2017
This guy is a dullard, how come you collected cash without counting it.
The fraudulent guy was very smart.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Bahddo(m): 10:53am On Jun 24, 2017
antzlaive:

Am not understanding, who is the idiot?
lolz! Easy bro grin
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by oshe11: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to Ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.

There was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday, having heard a lot of tales about Ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town I saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market, i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones, I stopped to check some and walked past some.

I went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets, he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k, fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an ATM withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasn't selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .

He gave me back my money n i returned the phone to him, and then i left . i walked a few poles n decided to check my money only for me to discover to my chagrin , what i had was pieces of paper cut to the size of money and folded in a bunch just exactly as my money was.
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked. I went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home, I lost my 20k just like that to an idiot. That bright Saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. Now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.

I smell lies.....

only U say U dn hear tales of computer village n fell for this

wat were the tales u heard abt

dat phones fall on U from above like manner for free

U r the Idiot for collecting ur moni back without counting it b4 giving him the phone.....

I KNOW YOU ARE LYING BUT KORNTEANEW undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by vannessa7(f): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2017
I just got me this my Techno for 25k at computer village about a month ago, I went to slot straight when I got there, I did not turn to the right or left, these miscreants have been perpetrating their evil acts for long, and on Sunday they will troop to Catholic Church, don't even know what the influence of that church is in their life, they bluff God everyday and I'm sure they have a special place reserved for them in hell and they don't care, for every crime committed by other people in this country they have committed hundred and their mother and wife welcome them home with open arms.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by jerab(m): 11:03am On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
it was really a sad experience for me which took me time to recuperate, this will never happen to me ever again. now i have become one careful and skeptical guy.
how come you did not check the money asap...abi paper don change colour to money colour ni
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by tosinjay(m): 11:14am On Jun 24, 2017
Op wanted an high end phone with 20k. eyah pele. If you no smart well you'll fall for another type again. That one was cheap sef. Sorry.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by skeleton5050(m): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2017
Ola Ayeni Boys

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by nnamokenna(m): 11:22am On Jun 24, 2017
20k for a high-end phone? Well, you asked for it!
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by persius555(m): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2017
OVA200:
Everyone keep learning every day that's why they say learning never stops. Take heart OP

But can't the government do something to reduce this computer village fraudulent activities because almost all Nigerians know how dangerous that place is they can't tell me they don't know about it.

The security officials task with arresting these criminals are in on the crime. They get their own daily commission.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by 2sexycom(m): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to Ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.

There was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday, having heard a lot of tales about Ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town I saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market, i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones, I stopped to check some and walked past some.

I went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets, he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k, fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an ATM withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasn't selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .

He gave me back my money n i returned the phone to him, and then i left . i walked a few poles n decided to check my money only for me to discover to my chagrin , what i had was pieces of paper cut to the size of money and folded in a bunch just exactly as my money was.
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked. I went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home, I lost my 20k just like that to an idiot. That bright Saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. Now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.

Do you know why he did that? He noticed you were a JJC and you acted as one. This remind me of a similar experience i had in 2010 when i was sold a china cloned nokia phone. My request for refund with 24 hours of purchase fell on deaf ear meanwhile, he told me i was buying a real nokia phone.

That was the day I vowed I will never purchase any item that is not new and I have kept my words by working harder for the money. I bought my plasma TV new, my gen new, my next phone new and I will keep at that. It is more expensive, yes, but if you had been patient enough to raise more money by working harder, I am sure you would have walked in and out of SLOT with a piece of mind.

I no longer patronize those guys with show glass standing on the road. And to further help you save money, you can search Aliexpress.com for some phones within that price range and choose free shipping to enable delivered to your area while you go to post office to pick it up/

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by OVA200(m): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2017
persius555:

The security officials task with arresting these criminals are in on the crime. They get their own daily commission.

What a country we are!
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Goodmorning0010: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2017
Big Congratulations to yesterday's inevitable winners. Don't miss out on the opportunity to win big today (24/06/2017).
See images below for more

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by xrenzy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
Techpaded:
Buyers of secondhand phones , which a lot of people - majority from the east - call "belgium phones" are classified into two groups; (1) the lucky and (2) the unlucky. Apart from 2nd hand devices being unbelievably cheap and few in good conditions which some lucky buyers pounce on, the unlucky fellows might get a bitter treat.

You may not buy secondhand phones after reading this: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/06/you-may-not-buy-secondhand-phones-again.html
ma guy I checked your website the site correct nice one keep up d good work one love ma broda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by oneclot: 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
Please, always count your money whenever anyone returns your money. Count it immediately in front of him.
This ensures your money is complete and you are given the real money and not something illusive.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by ndcide(m): 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
You see. They gave him his money and he didn't check it immediately.

If I tell you what they did, some fools will attack with scientific nonsense.

It's juju manipulation. To make you do whatever they want. We are all learning from your experience. Thanks for sharing.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Techpaded(f): 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
xrenzy:
ma guy I checked your website the site correct nice one keep up d good work one love ma broda

Thanks for your nice words bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by timibare(m): 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
Issalieeeee ,pictures of the fake money or I don't believe

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by oneclot: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
funny op, how will u enter computer village without having an idea of what you want to buy? you ought to have checked online for phones within your budget and where they are being sold. Also dont ever make the mistake of buying anything from the "you wan buy or you wan sell" boys in computer village

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by oneclot: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ajewealth123:
Tips to help you while in computer village.
1) tell them after you've paid,there is nothing like renegotiating or am no longer selling.
Tell them that before you even start pricing or before paying.
2) don't ever return the phone after paying.
Sometimes you loose both your money and phone.
3) be smart and never look like ajebutter
Even in your dealings with them,sound rass,harsh and angry even when not provoked.
4) be the commander,never let them command you and never let their voice be higher than yours.
5) don't follow them to any corner when they tell you police might see them.
Tell them if you aren't doing a shady biz,why do you need to cut corner?
6)take them away from their comfort zone and always make the "EMEKA WHERE UNA DEY CALL,I DEY CORNER( give them ur location)
HOPE SAY UNA NO CARRY THAT IDIOT WEY DEY GYM COME O,I NO WAN WAHALA O
This rule SHIT. Don't buy from them altogether!
Avoid them completely. Rather, go to shops where you are sure you will always find the seller in case anything goes wrong.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by princetom1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2017
fibonacci2526:
The part that got me was you when you said you wanted a "high end Android phone" on a budget of 20k. Hian. Sorry sha

I tell u. This is like, if u look anyhow, u go see anyhow. OP, sorry o,
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
Loop1:
The truth is there is no one living or born in Lagos that has never been scam .it makes you extra smart .lesson learnt from experience .

I was born, bred and buttered in Lagos but I've never been scammed before and I'm certain I never will be, you know why? I'm not greedy neither am I stup.id

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Loop1: 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
skarlett:

I was born, bred and buttered in Lagos but I've never been scammed before and I'm certain I never will be, you know why? I'm not greedy neither am I stup.id

Bros don't let us argue this .It depends on how you define scam either little or big you have once being scammed .

I am happy to hear you live and was born in Lagos which means my citation would be necessary . Have you ever board a bike ,danfo where you are suppose to pay #50 naira and they collected #100 from you .that's a scam bro .

The op narration does not prove he is greedy .in fact you can get a good Android phone for 20k with good functions .he was just being outsmarted which could happen to you . You can never be the smartest person there is someone somewhere who can collect money from you with out sweating it. because you are fortunate not to have transact with such person does not mean you are too smart .

@femi4.

Olrotimi

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Loop1:

Bros don't let us argue this .It depends on how you define scam either little or big you have once being scammed .

I am happy to hear you live and was born in Lagos which means my citation would be necessary . Have you ever board a bike ,danfo where you are suppose to pay #50 naira and they collected #100 from you .that's a scam bro .

The op narration does not prove he is greedy .in fact you can get a good Android phone for 20k with good functions .he was just being outsmarted which could happen to you . You can never be the smartest person there is someone somewhere who can collect money from you with out sweating it. because you are fortunate not to have transact with such person does not mean you are too smart .

@femi4.

Olrotimi

You're taking the argument out of context, in the case you're citing, everyone whether residents or non-residents of Lagos has been scammed at one time or the other. But to the case in question, I've never been scammed in CV or any other place when buying phone or accessories.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Loop1: 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
skarlett:

You're taking the argument out of context, in the case you're citing, everyone whether residents or non-residents of Lagos has been scammed at one time or the other. But to the case in question, I've never been scammed in CV or any other place when buying phone or accessories.

My dear it is you who is taken it out of context .at highlighted ,please go back and read my first comment on this thread .I said and I quote there is no one living or born in Lagos that have not being scam befor.I am generalizing it .scam is scam ,weather it is phone scam or transport scam .shey you get ?
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by femi4: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
Loop1:

@femi4.

Olrotimi
This is out of the context and we are talking about scam where you paid money without receiving goods.

If an Okada man tell me he's collecting N100 instead of N50, I ll have no problem with him provided he took me to my destination. Its called bargaining Power and its not a crime.

Mind you, you can't outsmart those computer village guys cos they move in group. I don't know how you ll outsmart someone with dangerous weapons cos most time they want the transaction done at their hood.

Best advice: Never deal with them.....if you need used phones, go to shops that sells UK used that ll even issue a receipt for you.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
Loop1:

My dear it is you who is taken it out of context .at highlighted ,please go back and read my first comment on this thread .I said and I quote there is no one living or born in Lagos that have not being scam befor.I am generalizing it .scam is scam ,weather it is phone scam or transport scam .shey you get ?

Lol, I didn't know you were commenting off-topic. Apologies for the misunderstanding. But I firmly insist that scam is not scam. Some like the buses and conductors you cited are negligible, too small to be taken to heart. But scams like what the op posted are of a higher degree, if the guy who stole his money is found, would he not be prosecuted for robbery? Can you prosecute your driver, conductor or okadaman for #50-100 difference in fares?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Loop1: 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
@scarlett and femi4 you won.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by frankputer: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2017
I was scammed in similar fashion in same location near GTB, I used GTB ATM to do the withdrawal , he clam he is not selling , I should take my money. He rapped 1k out side and the remaking was N5. The guy disappeared as he realize my Bross is coming to assist me in the market. I have never been scammed in such a way. I have alway been buying stuff for like 8year in that market. Same phone issue.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by doubleZ88(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
nothing sweet pass like to buy phone for street i tell u.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by nnamdiosu(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
Getintouch2004:

Bros, even "Eternal Life"? Lol, you just cracked me up grin grin grin

Haha...Lol. Bro the thing dey pain me for the guy jor. Person go save money for months and lose am in a second. Its well. I hail u Bros

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by originals1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Evans fall on d guy dat stole your moneygrin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Race Max Q, A Great Improvement To Infinix Phones / An Unbaised Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6 And Unboxing Video / Tecno P3: Is It Better Than Other Low End Smartphones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.