Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. (22804 Views)

Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Ennyholar: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
Sorry bro
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by fibonacci2526: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
princetom1:

I tell u. This is like, if u look anyhow, u go see anyhow. OP, sorry o,

I swear.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by aPr: 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2017
Abeg, make una take am easy

1) One can get a good Android @ computer village for 20k
2) You can patronise the street show glass guys/babes they are different from street hawkers, but they sell chinko version
3) Street hawkers/boys don't even talk to them when they approach you, ignore them totally they will realize you know whats up.
4) Some of those street boys are ex convicts trying to make a living, i know what i am talking about.
5) Buying from any shop is guaranteed.
6) The seller is not the IDIOT here, he is a THIEF[b][/b] a smart one

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by chuggy(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to Ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.

There was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday, having heard a lot of tales about Ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town I saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market, i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones, I stopped to check some and walked past some.

I went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets, he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k, fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an ATM withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasn't selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .

He gave me back my money n i returned the phone to him, and then i left . i walked a few poles n decided to check my money only for me to discover to my chagrin , what i had was pieces of paper cut to the size of money and folded in a bunch just exactly as my money was.
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked. I went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home, I lost my 20k just like that to an idiot. That bright Saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. Now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.
JJC welcome to the streets of ikeja
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning....

My attention is drawn to 2 things in the op.
First, you learnt the wrong lesson and second, you are the idiot, not the guy. He's just street smart, though a crook.

In summary, I'm merging my 2 observations to recommend thus:
1. Road side sellers are not the problem.
2. What happened to you, can also happen in a shop or the altar of a church.
3. Never ever pay until you have verified your product. Either in a shop or anywhere else.
4. Never show too much enthusiasm or your luck.
5. Never take a vendor to the ATM. Dismiss the bargain or promise to be back, collect phone number then withdraw and go back.
6. Taking him to the ATM gives you out as JJC and vulnerable, then it shows that you have a lot of money left in your account.
7.This is the most important LESSON: Whenever you are receiving money from anybody, always count. Do not release the product in your hand until you are sure. This applies anywhere, at home with friends or at church. This is because there might be a missing note or 2, which would make your loved ones doubt your integrity, that is, in case you come back later to say it's not correct.
8. Whenever you are buying tech products, hold cash and ensure you stay longer cross-checking the product before you pay. You can be playful, or asking other things just to ensure all is well. Some products will show their true colours after a few minutes. Laptop batteries are culprits.
9. Always collect receipt.
10. Don't be in a hurry or at least, dont show it.
11. Always do a little research on any major purchase you want to make henceforth. Google is not only for music download.
If you had spent 30mins on the TECH section on Nairaland, you would have landed with a no-tale deal or at least, have an idea of the varieties of what you want, specs, pros and cons etc.
12.Welcome to Lagos. Shine your eyes.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Tobisco911(m): 12:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Hmmmmm...sorry 4u[color=#000099][/color]

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 25, 2017
I have learnt my lesson the hard way.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by 2sexycom(m): 9:11am On Jun 25, 2017
sammydirectly:

7.This is the most important LESSON: Whenever you are receiving money from anybody, always count. Do not release the product in your hand until you are sure. This applies anywhere, at home with friends or at church. This is because there might be a missing note or 2, which would make your loved ones doubt your integrity, that is, in case you come back later to say it's not correct.
I was shocked that he didn't even count his money.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Amadaz(m): 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
ndcide:
You see. They gave him his money and he didn't check it immediately.

If I tell you what they did, some fools will attack with scientific nonsense.

It's juju manipulation. To make you do whatever they want. We are all learning from your experience. Thanks for sharing.
of all the comments i've read here so far, yours made the most sense. I strongly believe its juju manipulation because i've once been a victim to a similar but different incident and i knew juju was real

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Amadaz(m): 1:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
ProIyke:
I have learnt my lesson the hard way.
kelo... Hahahaha, Nnah men, some guys here no get chill at all. Imagine person talk say u be 6yards of maga material. I don die
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by scarr: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
Loop1:
The truth is there is no one living or born in Lagos that has never been scam .it makes you extra smart .lesson learnt from experience .
Bro speak for yourself
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by pauloman83: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
krattoss:
life is all about experiences and lessons..

I guess this won't happen in ur life again

though that may not happen in ur life again but another may happen to u again.
let me tell u my own story, 2009 I have but so called fufu, though I fell into trick because I was greedy. because Nokia express music just came out and it was around 16k. but that particular day, I took 4k to computer village to buy a phone, has I was pricing phone in a shop, I saw a guy calling me to buy an express music phone, I laughed because my money couldn't buy that. but he asked me to say how much with me. but immediately I realise dat d guy na jagba (pocket picker), I boldly told 4k and he ask me to bring my sim card to test d phone, as he did dey put d sim, he ask me to bring d money, I tested d phone, and even called with it, when I dey count d money na DAT time he change the phone to empty casing with fufu inside so DAT it will be strong. as he gave him d money, he said police was looking at us DAT he dey go chap chap, i was happy DAT me don see cheap phone. but as d guy don't go, I was happy to check the phone but surprisedly d phone was fufu. I first sweat, but I dey consoling myself because I know na my greedy caused that.
coming to my statement that ' if u have fell victim like me does not mean u cant fall to another trick even if u are not greedy again'. though I thank God that u share ur own trick because I never know DAT they don add DAT one again. let me continue, after 8yrs I fell into their trap, since then I thought I done become Lagos boy DAT don wise, bro na lie o. l went to computer village to sell my phone Worth 10k. I met a guy with a cool face at otigba street, thinking DAT this one couldn't handle me, we negotiation to 7k and I agree. d guy begin to carry waka, immediately I told him I am not selling my phone again but he beg me DAT he want to collect money from his brother, I sald OK. we met three giant guys with amugbo face, he gave them d phone to check and dey him some money to give me, but immediately he counted d money, he begins to angry with those guys that am his friend and he can't sell the phone for that amount. I thought he was with my side not knowing DAT it was another trick. he gave me d money to count, it was 5k and immediately I begin to shout that dey should giv me my phone that am not selling again. but they started saying dat na d same phone someone stole from one shop that d police was still on d case. I started knowing there trick. no sooner than latter, another guy came to d show and he started acting as if he dey my side, he said chairman don't mind them, since I have my receipt in pocket here, I should follow them to any police station but I told him I didnt have my receipt again, the guy started advising me that I should just take dat 5k like that because police will collect d phone and d 5k, they can even arrest me. immediately I begin to clap for all of them that they are gud.
pls guy buy ur phone in another place rather than computer village because is a village of fraudsters. I know some will say na only slot and 3c hub or what do dey call them?
since I believe in all dis ibrand phone seller, I decided to patronise one, last 2months, I went to 3c hub at computer village to buy itel s511 for my office sug, which was tagged 26,500k. I paid that amount but since I don't believe that they can trick me too, I didn't bother to check my voucher. but when u got to surulere where my office dey, in other to tender d receipt to d accounting officer, she asked me about d remain change because I suppose to buy d phone 26,500k but dey wrote 24k inside d receipt. since today I never get my money back. pls guy if at all u want to buy phone computer village pls shine ur eyes!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
pauloman83:

though that may not happen in ur life again but another may happen to u again.
let me tell u my own story, 2009 I have but so called fufu, though I fell into trick because I was greedy. because Nokia express music just came out and it was around 16k. but that particular day, I took 4k to computer village to buy a phone, has I was pricing phone in a shop, I saw a guy calling me to buy an express music phone, I laughed because my money couldn't buy that. but he asked me to say how much with me. but immediately I realise dat d guy na jagba (pocket picker), I boldly told 4k and he ask me to bring my sim card to test d phone, as he did dey put d sim, he ask me to bring d money, I tested d phone, and even called with it, when I dey count d money na DAT time he change the phone to empty casing with fufu inside so DAT it will be strong. as he gave him d money, he said police was looking at us DAT he dey go chap chap, i was happy DAT me don see cheap phone. but as d guy don't go, I was happy to check the phone but surprisedly d phone was fufu. I first sweat, but I dey consoling myself because I know na my greedy caused that.
coming to my statement that ' if u have fell victim like me does not mean u cant fall to another trick even if u are not greedy again'. though I thank God that u share ur own trick because I never know DAT they don add DAT one again. let me continue, after 8yrs I fell into their trap, since then I thought I done become Lagos boy DAT don wise, bro na lie o. l went to computer village to sell my phone Worth 10k. I met a guy with a cool face at otigba street, thinking DAT this one couldn't handle me, we negotiation to 7k and I agree. d guy begin to carry waka, immediately I told him I am not selling my phone again but he beg me DAT he want to collect money from his brother, I sald OK. we met three giant guys with amugbo face, he gave them d phone to check and dey him some money to give me, but immediately he counted d money, he begins to angry with those guys that am his friend and he can't sell the phone for that amount. I thought he was with my side not knowing DAT it was another trick. he gave me d money to count, it was 5k and immediately I begin to shout that dey should giv me my phone that am not selling again. but they started saying dat na d same phone someone stole from one shop that d police was still on d case. I started knowing there trick. no sooner than latter, another guy came to d show and he started acting as if he dey my side, he said chairman don't mind them, since I have my receipt in pocket here, I should follow them to any police station but I told him I didnt have my receipt again, the guy started advising me that I should just take dat 5k like that because police will collect d phone and d 5k, they can even arrest me. immediately I begin to clap for all of them that they are gud.
pls guy buy ur phone in another place rather than computer village because is a village of fraudsters. I know some will say na only slot and 3c hub or what do dey call them?
since I believe in all dis ibrand phone seller, I decided to patronise one, last 2months, I went to 3c hub at computer village to buy itel s511 for my office sug, which was tagged 26,500k. I paid that amount but since I don't believe that they can trick me too, I didn't bother to check my voucher. but when u got to surulere where my office dey, in other to tender d receipt to d accounting officer, she asked me about d remain change because I suppose to buy d phone 26,500k but dey wrote 24k inside d receipt. since today I never get my money back. pls guy if at all u want to buy phone computer village pls shine ur eyes!
lol... ur story is different.. But all the same it's still the same trick but only recycled..

if it's me.. from that first day, I can never have business with computer village again...

personally.. when I want to buy something, if my money Is not up to the price of the original.. am not buying.. unless it's from a closed friend of mine who I can confront anytime any day I have issues with that stuff I bought..

But all the same, it's still part of our stories shaa..
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by oloriLFC(f): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
ProIyke:
it was really a sad experience for me which took me time to recuperate, this will never happen to me ever again. now i have become one careful and skeptical guy.
that sounded exactly like one that happened to my cuz, just that he isn't a Lagos JJC. Or IK, is that you?
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Youngtrice(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
Homeboiy:
sorry bro, The more u look, the less u see

We don't do like that at ring road Benin city

BT for ring road, u go buy oi BT na wen u open am, ur eye go clear
LOL. Na so una sell fake memory card for 1500 for me. Everything that enters the memory card corrupts in few minutes. Hand go meet person one day.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Khunmhi(m): 6:50am On Jun 27, 2017
A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the painting of words. Keep it up. I'm tempted to call you JJC, but I won't. Sorry for your loss.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by okewumi: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Always search nairaland for people's comment before you get involved in any transaction. For instance job invitation screening, buying cars, computed village related topic.
Thank you nairaland. The site has always been helpful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Race Max Q, A Great Improvement To Infinix Phones / An Unbaised Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6 And Unboxing Video / Tecno P3: Is It Better Than Other Low End Smartphones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.