Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders (3129 Views)

Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says / Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN / Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is War – Northern Elders Spit Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Niceboyx4(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
The Northern Elders Forum and the Northern Elders Council have disagreed on the call by the coalition of northern youths to the acting President to organise a “referendum that will ease out the Igbo out of the country, saying that the only way for break up is through war”

The Chairman of the NEC, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, said the referendum would be unconstitutional.

He added that “any secession could only be actualised by war.”

But the Secretary of the NEF, Prof Ango Abdullahi, believed that the northern youths had made a workable recommendation since both warring parties had not shifted their grounds.

Yakasai stated, “You know that in the Nigerian constitution, there is no place where there is a national referendum for secession. If they (the youths) don’t know what they are doing, you should know what you are doing.

“Only the Independent National Electoral Commission can organise a referendum. That is all. Nobody has the power to organise a referendum. The acting President has no power to organise a national referendum. We are governed by our constitution.

“The only way for any group to secede is through war. There is no provision for any part to secede legally.”
Abbdullahi, on the other hand, said, “The fact that there has been a contact with the elders by the acting President has not yet brought out any resolution to the position taken by both sides.

“So, it looks like there is still a lot more work to do. I believe that what the youths have done is to raise a suggestion. They are emphasing that whatever happens in Nigeria should happen peacefully, and this includes the possibility of separation.

“So, I do not know what the worry is all about. What the boys are doing is to more or less make a suggestion.”
http://www.loadedchuks.com/2017/06/biafra-only-way-to-break-up-nigeria-is.html

1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by hypernikao(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
Been on Nairaland for a while now and to be honest, the hate amidst the youth here is disappointing. We are suppose to be at the helm of the affairs in this country, but we are here hating on eachother, we should be ashamed of ourselves. If we channel the strength we use in searching for names when any news on crime comes up to fighting for eachother, we would be better. This is why the old people at the helm of Nigerian politics since independence are still thriving till today because we as youths have refused to take our stand in the affairs of the country instead, we fight against eachother and the old politicians attend eachother's events. This is what they want, they want us to fight eachother and as long as we fight, they would have the tools and time to perpetrate their selfish acts and remain at the top as long as the youths are looking for the right things at the wrong places. This is not the way forward... Instead of hating online, I suggest that we use our internet presence for something positive for the youths and the future of our country... Something that will reiterate our presence in this country as a force that must be reckoned with.

11 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Homeboiy: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
OK let the war begin

Nobody only one person go die

my papa survived 1967 war

@d age of 9

why will I not survive this one at the age of twenty something

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
Shut up old man, go sip ur kunu for one side, who go fight the war for you, take gun urself & prevent d refrendium

19 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by hammerF: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
These Northerners are confused.

They need Paracetamol and cold shower to calm down. cool

18 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by IslamicRebel: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
Évil parasites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by TheKingdom: 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
hypernikao:
Been on Nairaland for a while now and to be honest, the hate amidst the youth here is disappointing. We are suppose to be at the helm of the affairs in this country, but we are here hating on eachother, we should be ashamed of ourselves. If we channel the strength we use in searching for names when any news on crime comes up to fighting for eachother, we would be better. This is why the old people at the helm of Nigerian politics since independence are still thriving till today because we as youths have refused to take our stand in the affairs of the country instead, we fight against eachother and the old politicians attend eachother's events. This is what they want, they want us to fight eachother and as long as we fight, they would have the tools and time to perpetrate their selfish acts and remain at the top as long as the youths are looking for the right things at the wrong places. This is not the way forward... Instead of hating online, I suggest that we use our internet presence for something positive for the youths and the future of our country... Something that will reiterate our presence in this country as a force that must be reckoned with.

The problem is not with the youth, but that England put different nations into a fake nation for their own benefit, and called it the N.igga Area where folks would think and behave like dumb N.iggas.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Ngozi123(f): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
Niceboyx4:
The Northern Elders Forum and the Northern Elders Council have disagreed on the call by the coalition of northern youths to the acting President to organise a “referendum that will ease out the Igbo out of the country, saying that the only way for break up is through war”

The Chairman of the NEC, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, said the referendum would be unconstitutional.

He added that “any secession could only be actualised by war.”

But the Secretary of the NEF, Prof Ango Abdullahi, believed that the northern youths had made a workable recommendation since both warring parties had not shifted their grounds.

Yakasai stated, “You know that in the Nigerian constitution, there is no place where there is a national referendum for secession. If they (the youths) don’t know what they are doing, you should know what you are doing.

“Only the Independent National Electoral Commission can organise a referendum. That is all. Nobody has the power to organise a referendum. The acting President has no power to organise a national referendum. We are governed by our constitution.

“The only way for any group to secede is through war. There is no provision for any part to secede legally.”
Abbdullahi, on the other hand, said, “The fact that there has been a contact with the elders by the acting President has not yet brought out any resolution to the position taken by both sides.

“So, it looks like there is still a lot more work to do. I believe that what the youths have done is to raise a suggestion. They are emphasing that whatever happens in Nigeria should happen peacefully, and this includes the possibility of separation.

“So, I do not know what the worry is all about. What the boys are doing is to more or less make a suggestion.”
http://www.loadedchuks.com/2017/06/biafra-only-way-to-break-up-nigeria-is.html

Only a savage would reason like this. These people are supposed to be the leaders of the country and they reason like savages. I'm truly disgusted undecided.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Kdon2: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
hypernikao:

Everyone,i mean the nigerian masses are tired of the nigeria enterprise abeg! They are not enjoying any thing worthwhile in the coexistence only mutual suspicion.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by hammerF: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ngozi123:

Only a savage would reason like this. These people are supposed to be the leaders of the country and they reason like savages. I'm truly disgusted undecided.

Ngo the baby... Kedu!

This is the reason we are fed up of Nigeria, it is a savage country. Igbo are better organised and can do better. This is our believe.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Omoluabi16(m): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
A war nobody is willing to fight, unlike last time out. The middlebelt who are the perpetual pawn are tired, the west is indifferent and can stand on its own the SS will happily break away, the east wants to. So what exactly will be the unifying factor to fight this 'war'? eediothic elders forum!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Ngozi123(f): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
hammerF:

Ngo the baby... Kedu!

This is the reason we are fed up of Nigeria, it is a savage country. Igbo are better organised and can do better. This is our believe.

O di nma. Ke nkwanu?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by deedeedee1: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
SHAKE MY FUUCKKING HEAD!!!!
This man must have thought Nigeria of 1960s is same as today.Everybody wants out of niger. The yorubas, niger-deltans, and the middle belt will not fight for Nigeria if the igbos declare Biafra. This I am certain. Everybody is tired of this country.
A country with a bad system cannot work. Nigeria itself is a bad system. A country with almost 200 ethnic groups!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Shome36(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
hammerF:

Ngo the baby... Kedu!

Did you just say Igbos are organized? It seems you don't know a thing about traditional history, Igbos were the must the disorganized people on planet earth (stateless society)
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by kingzizzy: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
hypernikao:

The only disappointment in your write up is that you are yet to realise that Nigeria is not a nation but a colonial contraption.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by hammerF: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ngozi123:

O di nma. Ke nkwanu?

onwe ife na eme... Ndi zoo na pa mu amu...

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Pcharles2(m): 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
Omoluabi16:
A war nobody is willing to fight, unlike last time out. The middlebelt who are the perpetual pawn are tired, the west is indifferent and can stand on its own the SS will happily break away, the east wants to. So what exactly will be the unifying factor to fight this 'war'? eediothic elders forum!
My brother, unfortunately this is a war that nobody wants to fight. The question is, fight for what and for who? Knowing the kind of leaders we have, I don't think anybody is ready to lay down his/her life for this country called Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Omoluabi16(m): 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
Pcharles2:
My brother, unfortunately this is a war that nobody wants to fight. The question is, fight for what and for who? Knowing the kind of leaders we have, I don't think anybody is ready to lay down his/her life for this country called Nigeria.
That is the simple truth. I wish we remain one, but if division is inevitable then so be it. Is it the nigeria of obj, babangida amaechi or tinubu I should spill my blood for? these people have ensured that there is no reason to fight for this country. Nigeria's freedom from the whites was won wiyh blood and sweat that's why people fought for it. but today's Nigeria? noo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by hucienda: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
lol ... Who will fight who? Old man still thinks this is the '60s.
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Aufbauh(m): 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ngozi123:

The savage just told you guys the ignorant fantasias the bitter truth. Nothing but the truth.
The NASS which should have facilitate the legality of secession is not interested. Any other means call for a forceful and violent separation by the barrel of gun.

This is why the agitation for now is a fantasy and a fallacy.
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Iamwrath: 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
Without being a hypocrite , can you tell us who started hate speeches ? threats and the likes ?

i am talking about nairaland which is the subject of your comment

hypernikao:
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ngozi123:

...I am ashamed to hear such from the so called elders. In this 21st century, these guys are still basking with threats of war in resolving issues of this nature that common referendum can take care of.

It is really getting obvious that these guys in 1967 intentionally wage a genocidal war against ndigbo for no just course something that Aburi accord could have resolved. They are bent on repeating the same card again. My forefathers were right after all in 1967 for activating self-defence mechanism.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by EnEnPeecee: 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
These guys up north are complete zombies and illiterates angry angry
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by kingzizzy: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
Pcharles2:

Nna, I dont understand this contant talk of war. Nnamdi Kanu is talking about referendum, people are shouting war. Why?

Is it that "what Lord Lugard put together, only war can put assunder?"

Lugard wasnt even African, why must we fight and kill each other for his legacy?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
kingzizzy:

Nna, I dont understand this contant talk of war. Nnamdi Kanu is talking about referendum, people are shouting war. Why?
Is it that "what Lord Lugard put together, only war can put assunder?"

Lugard wasnt even African, why must we fight and kill each other for his legacy?

The northern establishment has been caught on the back foot by events in the recent past especially the popularity of the Biafran independence movement. They are losing the strategic game and they know it.
Despite all their efforts to acquire and retain political power - sponsoring terrorist groups, capture of the presidency, infiltration into government positions, they are clearly holding a bad card because the tide is turning: the ethnic minorities are militant and agitative and even their historical allies the Yoruba's are showing signs of being fed up with them.
The Hausa / Fulani are at risk of political isolation and relegation for a very ,very , long time.

All they have now is bluster and threat of violence.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:13am On Jun 24, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
These guys up north are complete zombies and illiterates angry angry

What a wasted generation of Northern Elders. U mean a self determination right is now an invitation to War?

If war burst out today, it will be a religious one. It's been long coming.
All the regions versus HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims one way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by limeta(f): 2:40am On Jun 24, 2017
The so call north can not and will not fight any war
This all cheap talk

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by codedguy1(m): 5:28am On Jun 24, 2017
These northern elders are a bunch of old senile rretarded blood thirsty ravenous vampires.

They think because they have their kith and kins at the helm of almost every military and paramilitary establishment in the country that they will win the war and totally subject all of us to slavery.

Everyone is talking about how to basically rejig this Nigeria and move forward with war being the last option, these ones have already made up their minds just because they are bereft of any progressive idea and want the status quo to remain.

I really Dont blame them. Its the southern govs and NASS members I actually blame, they are all a bunch of cowards.

Inasmuch as I Dont think secession or Biafra is the answer, these supposed southern leaders can use this heightened agitation to put pressure on Nigeria for a restructure, but they are just there looking like selfish moronic opportunists.

Its a shame.......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Ngozi123(f): 5:49am On Jun 24, 2017
hammerF:

onwe ife na eme... Ndi zoo na pa mu amu...

Lol.
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Moreoffaith(m): 5:53am On Jun 24, 2017
if the news is true then this people are not worth living with, what a statement in the 21st century.

Heavenly father, every insect disturbing the brain of those behind this statement, oya consume them by fire!!!
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by babyfaceafrica: 6:11am On Jun 24, 2017
No war will happen,no breakup will happen....this country is a joke..but the jokes continues because even the youths are not ready to reason well
Re: Biafra: The Only Way To Break Up Nigeria Is Through War – Northern Elders by Yyeske(m): 6:21am On Jun 24, 2017
Nnamdi kanu and his fellow brainwashed miscreants will have the war they have being praying for soon so that those of us who may survive the aftermath will begin rebuilding just as our parents and grandparents painfully built up after 1970 but everyone should please remind Ndigbo up north about October 1st.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Facts About The Igbanke People Of Edo State / BREAKING!! 7000 Youths Raise N7m To Purchase APC Nomination Form For Orji Kalu / Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.