Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN (13803 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Northern CAN Officials (Photos) / "Lauretta Onochie Causing Religious Tension" – Northern CAN / How Saraki And Friends Will Plunge Nigeria Into Its Next Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by 2Ebisco: 7:06am On Apr 27, 2018
Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Northern Nigeria, Rev. Yakubu Pam, has advised the Federal Government and the Northern Governor’s Forum (NGF) to halt killing of Christians in the North; before the situation degenerates into a civil war.

Rev. Pam said this, yesterday, in reaction to the murder of two Catholic bishops and 17 others, on Tuesday in Benue, and killing of 44 persons on Wednesday, also in Benue and Nasarawa states.

Pam said the senseless and ongoing killing is avoidable.

“My fear is that if the federal government and the NGF do not do something urgent, the killing of Christians in the North would degenerate one day into civil war. People are being killed on daily basis, yet, nobody has ever been arrested and nothing tangible has been done by the federal government.

“Looking at how professional the attacks are being carried out, I believe that these people are terrorists, they are Boko Haram and government, at all levels, need to respond swiftly; to curtail the menace before the people are pushed to defend themselves which will lead to civil war.”

Rev. Pam lamented that the North, which is backward in infrastructure, its economy is further devastated by attacks.

“I have the firm belief that these attacks are beyond ordinary herdsmen, they are terrorists who unleash terror on innocent persons in the North.

“Government has to declare these people as terrorists and investigate the recent killings in the North.”

Pam, who doubles as the chairman of the Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board, in Plateau State, added that ongoing attacks on churches in the North, if not checked by the government, could plunge the northern states into religious crisis that will be difficult to control.

He urged Christians in the North not to go to sleep over the security challenges facing them, but go all out to secure their places of worship “to avoid being attacked and killed by the enemies of Christian faith in the North.”

The cleric appealed to the people of Benue state to keep faith in God; to expose those who are bent on causing mayhem in parts of their state and other parts of the North.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/killing-of-christians-will-plunge.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by papoudaupolos: 7:10am On Apr 27, 2018
grin cool
It's now you know
The people behind it are the merchants of death profiting from war,they ll stop at nothing. The only thing and unfortunate thing is dragging people in it.

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by SalamRushdie: 7:14am On Apr 27, 2018
Nigeria is already at war

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 27, 2018
angry When GEJ provoked Muslims by removing the Islamic inscriptions on the centenary notes, did we go to war? When MURIC complained about the favoritism like xmas and new year holidays which Christians enjoy in the country did we go to war? When prof Akintola was pointing out the injustices meted out against Islam, like hijab and Waec time table, did we go to war? I think you Christians need to learn to tolerate like we Muslims.Northern CAN or jerican should know that there is no monopoly of violence. Do not threaten war on peaceful Muslims. Islam is the only unifying and true religion

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Omololu2121: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2018
I don't know why African politicians are just so stupid and crazy,if the kind of things happening in Nigeria happened in Europe, they would have all part ways a long time ago... Go and read about the history of Europe.

But in Nigeria Fulani's will come to the middle belt, south south and south east, kill indigenes of the state,and yet most of the politicians from this regions will just keep quiet.

Even during the reign of kings stuff like this do not happen, Fulani's won't invade tiv land and start killing people up and down,it will be see as an act of war,and war will be declared on Fulani's.

Europeans really messed up Africa merging a lot of tribes together to become a state.

West and central Africa nah dem worst past with Nigeria taking the lead.

If Nigeria is divided along ethnic line,80% of our problems have been solved with it.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by ISLAMBAD: 7:31am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry When GEJ provoked Muslims by removing the Islamic inscriptions on the centenary notes, did we go to war? When MURIC complained about the favoritism like xmas and new year holidays which Christians enjoy in the country did we go to war? When prof Akintola was pointing out the injustices meted out against Islam, like hijab and Waec time table, did we go to war? I think you Christians need to learn to tolerate like we Muslims. Islam is the only true religion
If boko haram members could be on twitter and Facebook, I won't be surprised if they are on nairaland.
YOU ARE A SUSPECT.

You keep supporting Buhari because he's a Muslim not minding if Nigerians are dying or not. To you, Islam is more important than any other thing.

140 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Redoil: 7:33am On Apr 27, 2018
No be these northern pastor visit buhari last month and claim/told buhari he is doing the will of the people and they are solidly behind him. Wetin come be all these again

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by PlsBanMe: 7:34am On Apr 27, 2018
Nigeria is already at war.
The killings across the country do not happen in any country at peacetime.

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 27, 2018
ISLAMBAD:

If boko haram members could be on twitter and Facebook, I won't be surprised if they are on nairaland.
YOU ARE A SUSPECT.

You keep supporting Buhari because he's a Muslim not minding if Nigerians are dying or not. To you, Islam is more important than any other thing.

Don't be a bigot and try to understand my point. Christian are becoming intolerant this days all because of the few killings in benue. When boko haram bombed mosques and killed Muslims did we fight? Buhari is doing his best to curb the situation. We need to vote for him in 2019 so he can finish the good works
Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by ISLAMBAD: 7:42am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:

Don't be a bigot and try to understand my point. Christian are becoming intolerant this days all because of the few killings in benue. When boko haram bombed mosques and killed Muslims did we fight? Buhari is doing his best to curb the situation. We need to vote for him in 2019 so he can finish the good works
@ the bolded... YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Preshy561(f): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:

shut your trap.
religion of piss indeed.

who kill the people in benue ?aren't they muslims.
who are killing in the north?aren't they your Muslim brothers?

can Christians go to any nothern state to kill and even enter mosque to kill their members without a full blown war in the country.
wonder how you Yoruba Muslims reason.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by GeneralOjukwu: 7:53am On Apr 27, 2018
I am a Muslim but I feel if the Christians defend themselves better these attacks won't be so rampant.

An eye for an eye

PS - i don't mean the herdsmen attacks because those ones are pagans....

Everyone deserves equal rights to worship whatever false God he wishes to serve

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2018
Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by geemarock: 7:54am On Apr 27, 2018
Hold iiiiiiiiiit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by edo3(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by spartan117(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry When GEJ provoked Muslims by removing the Islamic inscriptions on the centenary notes, did we go to war? When MURIC complained about the favoritism like xmas and new year holidays which Christians enjoy in the country did we go to war? When prof Akintola was pointing out the injustices meted out against Islam, like hijab and Waec time table, did we go to war? I think you Christians need to learn to tolerate like we Muslims.Northern CAN or jerican should know that there is no monopoly of violence. Do not threaten war on peaceful Muslims. Islam is the only unifying and true religion
You again you have not still changed you must be a real religious bigot

are you really comparing removing Islamic inscriptions from currency note, holidays and Waec exam to the killing of unarmed civilians.

Indeed Muslims are wicked! No that would be a wrong statement given that I've met some really nice Muslims who genuinely care about their neighbors.

The right statement will be that you personally are a very wicked person whose heart has been darkened by Satan. There will surely be a day of reckoning.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by edo3(m): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:

Sarcasm,,I understand...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by omocalabar(m): 7:57am On Apr 27, 2018
Preshy561:

shut your trap.
religion of piss indeed.

can Christians go to any nothern state to kill and even enter mosque to kill their members without a full blown war in the country.
I can bet he has a dot on his forehead,..that thing takes away their brain and conscience

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Authoreety: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2018
The country is already at war na...

Abi e get war wey pass ds one?

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2018
A war that will kill more Christians .yeah!
Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Ayoswit(f): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2018
Buhari should declare the herdsmen terrorists.
Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by spartan117(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:

edo3:
Sarcasm,,I understand...
I wish so but all evidence points to the fact that the dude is a mad Islamic fanatic.

I honestly don't see any difference between him and Boko haram as well as fulani herdsmen terrorists

14 Likes

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Preshy561(f): 8:00am On Apr 27, 2018
omocalabar:
I can bet he has a dot on his forehead,..that thing takes away their brain and conscience
he even called the killings in benue few killings.
these people are heartless.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:
let them Christians call for war so they can die en mass.
Dem go see shenge !
Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by obonujoker(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2018
Why I pity this country is because Christians are very cool and follow after peace.... the day this country allows Christians to do the impossible... hmmm... buh I know Christians won't, the power of the holy spirit....

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 27, 2018
Preshy561:

shut your trap.
religion of piss indeed.

And who told you I'm a Yoruba Muslim
Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by obonujoker(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2018
Preshy561:

shut your trap.
religion of piss indeed.

Lol... yoruba muslims....

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by AdaFonju: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:

so this is the reason you support the killing of catholic priests and the massacre of other innocent people?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Preshy561(f): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:

And who told you I'm a Yoruba Muslim
okay,almajiri.

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 27, 2018
Politicians using human lives to make a point

Smh...

This ain't no religious warfare, but a political tactic to frustrate the present administration.

Opposition killing humans to undermine an administration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves Nigeria For Niger Republic On Tuesday (REASONS) / Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition / NSITF Management Reject Suspension By Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.