Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? (38344 Views)

The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" / I’ve Recorded 90–100 Songs & Can Drop Two Albums Today – Paul Okoye Aka Rudeboy / Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by larrypourl(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
When the education system give honorary awards to looters, are they not glorifying corruption and fraud, these artists too are replicating what is happening in the education system. The entire nation is gone. Only God can redeem this country called Nigeria.

Any ways Quality leather/suede loafers available for sale at cool prices. Check my thread for more pictures.

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by mikolo4us: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
And has d so called Falz D Good Guy shaded Naija Politrickcians for stealing our money....

This whole shade this shade that is making me puke men...Me I go soon go Shade Designer for him PANDA.
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by miqos02(m): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2017
Papiikush:
Falz is the only educated fellow amongst those Niggas you listed.

EDUCATION always make you stand out.
only you with 434 likes?? habaaa

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by IdeyFindWife: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Limerick:

So wit all this thing wey u type, na one like you get..

Not here to earn "Likes" from wankers and furkers who may never know me and who I certainly don't give a sh!t about; we all just yarn-dust and move on.
You like it, ur problem; your hate it, your funeral; it's that simple. Nobody needs spread a mat here or earn ulcers over online strangers except we planning to meet offline, then the shyt gets real! /that's the whole point of my Siggy, if you could read tho/

y3mi:
A real life example of the cops moving faster than the rap bars of a rapper-turned-suspect was that of the crime bragging artist Bobby Schmurda with his brash 'Hot Nigga' track and explicit video.
The slide started and persisted so long it's become our reality here. People keep arguing about American artistes doing drugs and crime while singing about it but they forget that we seem to have higher percentage Drug Pushers outside Int'l borders earning enough National embarrassment for the country and other prospective travelers.

Many Visa-Denied Applicants do not even realize that the Yahoo-Yahoo sector contributed quite a heavy quota to the denting of Nigeria's image abroad until it got to a point many white dummies felt another word for "Fraud" was Nigeria but they keep hailing those boys all the same. To me, only thieves defend thieves that fiercely.

kpaminose:
You have only succeeded in praising others and destroying your own. So you actually did not make any point. Americans sing about crime and many of them practice what they sing about and a whole lot of them have been arrested and jailed and some of them know how they keep their game with the Police and the FBI. Those arrested and jailed come out without losing their image or popularity except if they lose their voice from the trauma of jail. American singers write and sing about crime and they actually practice what they sing about. some have been caught with drugs. some have been caught with powerful dangerous weapons. some have been caught in fraud. others have been caught in rapes and paedophilia. I just don't understand why people like to praise foreigners and destroy themselves insensibly. I would understand if actually what you wrote is true. but it's not. American law enforcers are also corrupt. believe me

You're talking percentages bro, it's all about the numbers.

They got more upcoming wannabes rapping about "da game" than actually being in tha game! What would Eminem, Paul White, Li'll Bow Wow, Nicki Minaj, Drake, etc tell you about packing-heat, moving-goods and coming up the Streetz way? They even burst one another caps about not being real in diss tracks, Battle-Rap sessions etc but out here the hustle is real and a whole lotta of upcoming boys resorted to earning their breakthroughs the yahoo way. i've worked in entertainment for a while, i know enough of how the scores go and i don't trust any baga easily when it comes to that.

The sad thing is that while the American drug pimps max out at criminal levels, many Nigerian yahoo-yahoo fraudsters often feel the need to upgrade to fetish yahoo-plus levels where they start snatching girls, cutting breasts and pubes upandan. Take the stats. You'd be surprised how many yahoo-boy artistes are will be willing to be part-time murderers and ritualists to augment their game to keep the "good life" going or to get fame, money, Respect, good-fortune etc. That is where we should've drawn the line but, when they flash blings on IG, everybody starts showing them love and suddenly they're legit.

Some so-called celebs are even talent-less but they keep throwing dope videos all over the place, throwing weight behind their PR work and using their dirty money to forge collabs with better acts that eventually earn them the respect in the industry. Hell, i could even make you a star that way. If U got ur kish ready, the network's there from your audios to your videos to PR and artiste portfolio mgt. my guys'll neat you up and get you sounding hip & smelling all nice.

Some are going that way already. Making pay first, then storming the industry. A few videos, some collabs, some appearances here and there, a lot of DJ/Vj palm-greasing-for-Airplay plus creative Social Media mngt and suddenly they are item for discussion. That wouldn't be bad but you yourself wouldn't be happy to learn that all that issh was powered by dirty money. Pple will celebrate their glory, but you, when you know their story, you'll always feel pissed. And you should, in a country, where fake pastors are being busted and multiple human heads and limbs are being found in their churches, how much do you think they'll find on our yahoo friends? Which is partly why SARS boys are always on their case.

Anyway, most of these same yahoo-artistes are products of the society anyway so the country and the industry need to have their fair share of the blame.
http://www.thecavanproject.com/42-musicians-who-spent-time-in-prison/
https://spinditty.com/artists-bands/10-Rappers-With-Real-Criminal-Records
http://www.ranker.com/list/rappers-in-prison-complete-list-of-rappers-in-jail/whatevayoulike
www.complex.com/music/2012/10/the-30-biggest-criminal-trials-in-rap-history/.....should make interesting reads in your spare time.
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by mikeade11(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2017
You're into your yahoo yahoo activity and you call yourself a self-employed business man, weh don sir.. grin grin grin
Papiikush:

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ogbiwa: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
OP what of Olamide's Story for the gods? That's a song encouraging rape, which is as bad if not worse than fraud

1 Like

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by seun1960(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
femi4:
Falz is educated.....he's lyrically blessed and doesn't sing rubbish
guy calm down falz dey sing rubbish too. When it comes to good music we will b talking the likes of timi dakolo asha and co
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by femi4: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
seun1960:
guy calm down falz dey sing rubbish too. When it comes to good music we will b talking the likes of timi dakolo asha and co
examples
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by StoneColdBiceps(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Naijahelm:
Following rapper FalzTheBahdGuy recent interview with HipTv where he advised his fellow Nigerian musicians to stop promoting and glorifying fraudsters in their songs.

A lot of opinions, hateful comments have been observed on all social media platforms with some section backing the Law graduate turned rapper, while some have blasted him for indirectly shading veteran musician, 9ice 'Living Things'.

The event may now have taken a new turn with fresh facts presented on the length at which this theme has thrived in the industry.

With all the hate finally paving the way for some low self-esteemed, mentally displaced, self-loathing individuals to suddenly be consumed with ego and bragging rights they lack in real life, it should be noted that these norm (glorifying fraud/fraudsters) have actually been in play for a very long time.

To the carriers of the slogan 'I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so I must 'Chache', here are 10 songs by Nigerian acts promoting fraudsters.

D'Banj - Mobolowowon
Olu Maintain - Yahoozee
Kelly Hansome - Maga Don Pay
Reminisce - 2Mussh
9ice - Living Things
Olamide - Prayer For Client
Junior Boy ft 9ice - Irapada [Now this song was meant to be about redemption but instead, it had the artistes hailing fraudsters and giving a couple of them cameo appearances in the video]
Shobzy ft CDQ, Ycee - Eruku Remix
Small Doctor - Penalty
Olalakeside - Elegushi Spender

Heated debates, shades and the likes, have for hours on end been taking place all over the country as to if Falz is right or not. With some agreeing Falz is right, but should have just turned a blind eye like few others have been doing, and others suddenly locating the writing spirit in them, composing lengthy open letters....what do you guys really think? Is Falz right and if he is , will he win the brewing war?

Credit: 'Tope Delano @tope_delano

http://www.naijahelm.com.ng/2017/06/10-artistes-that-have-promoted.html?m=1

Good one Falz. Atleast for not practising law, he channels his talent to ridicle societal ills. Like father like son. Ride on bro

1 Like

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by jeff1993: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
Erigga "Yab em" ....... In a line he said "400 years of slavery ... dem neva pay Na"
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by natznext(m): 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
Olamides' 'Prayer for Client' wasn't praising or promoting fraud... it was promoting pure hustle!
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by poweredcom(m): 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
keep hailing dem jare Na dem de make d Naija music industry. de happen

jare falz should keep quiet has e ever suffer for money while he was young
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Emperor88(m): 12:11am On Jun 25, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

NBC?

Those id1ots have been missing the mark since 1802.

While it's true that US Hiphop/Rap genres, of which most of these guys are copy-catting, have an history of hyping Chicks, Cribs, Class, Cars & Blings gotten with ill-gotten Cash while shooting Vids that openly mime and promote these themes even to the point of tacitly endorsing "hood & gang violence" yet in the US, nobody or very few people actually do that. From Brooklyn, to Inglewood to Georgia to Philly, all gees know to keep their sh!t on the lowkey.

It'd be a rare case of stupidity-on-steroids or death-wish syndrome for anyone of them to be, actually, "moving keys" (i.e. kilos of white powder), defrauding folks or murdering people and actually singing about it! The cops would be on you faster than the raps bars you're supposed to be spitting and life can be very difficult for some type of ex-offenders in the US, i assure you, plus all the endorcements and stardom will just go poof once your imagery becomes a bit more than most of the law-abiding public can tolerate, hell, even Gees, pimps, dealers and hoodrats'll tell you they don't "want no cop trouble"!

But Nigeria's case is the opposite because these NBC theives have been taking bribes and lookin the other for so long the lowlife dregs actually have more sense of authenticity than the "good hardworking folk" now. Enough musical artistes and Nollywood are into yahoo-yahoo, wire-frauds, scams, drug-trafficking, prostitution even petty theft like Seun Egbegbe and co who go around stealing publicly and getting spanked but not quitting like deranged goats.

I guess we had it coming because a corruption-ridden haven like Nigeria can't have musicians doing showbiz "just for the art" for too long!
Listen to Panda by Desiigner....The song was about scammers with a BMW X6 theme and many songs like that too....COCO was promoting drugs. All this songs wins awards too
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by davillian(m): 12:51am On Jun 25, 2017
Olifiz:

Soft work might not literally mean yahoo pls. I see it to mean work you do that pays you over a long period of time. For example making songs can be soft work because u do a lil n make more money. Just saying
Same with yahoo, you do small work nd make more money.
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by wizkidndavido(m): 1:29am On Jun 25, 2017
Papiikush:

one word

#Ekiti
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by BizBloke(m): 1:44am On Jun 25, 2017
adegeye38:
a country where fraud and corruption has become a culture, how can he win?

you cant change the culture of 180 million people overnight

This!

P.S: He doesn't need to win. There's nothing to win. People diving into gutters because of what he said can look for bigger gutters.
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by y3mi(m): 3:02am On Jun 25, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

The slide started and persisted so long it's become our reality here. People keep arguing about American artistes doing drugs and crime while singing about it but they forget that we seem to have higher percentage Drug Pushers outside Int'l borders earning enough National embarrassment for the country and other prospective travelers.

Many Visa-Denied Applicants do not even realize that the Yahoo-Yahoo sector contributed quite a heavy quota to the denting of Nigeria's image abroad until it got to a point many white dummies felt another word for "Fraud" was Nigeria but they keep hailing those boys all the same. To me, only thieves defend thieves that fiercely
I could recall a 2-3 page article I read in one of my Maxim magazines years ago, it was on how undercover Feds busted one of them big time modeling company/record label/club owner who utilizes models for white-dust trafficking round the world, I think he or one of his associates was linked to a murder and where all eventually rounded up with other accomplices. Point here is to second your already made point that no matter how famous a celeb, artiste or any one prestigious is over there, for the fact that their system works, no one is above is above their law irrespective of their social standing or status unlike here where all kinds of oddities reigns in the so-accepted entertainment industry.

I remember telling homies back then that most times many of these rappers we listen to oftentimes aren't involved in the things they rap about but a lot of Nigerian youths so much believe otherwise. They'll say yankee rappers are actually into those criminal deeds they rap about. But, little do they know that as true as it may seem, it's not entirely accurate. The mentality there is most times it's cool to rap about underworld stuff. If everything T.I. alluded to himself on his 'Trap Back' track were exactly true and as depicted in the music-video, he won't have found the time to wax and release subsequent tracks when he'll be jail cooling off his heels. He made several references about being involved in illegal activities ranging from being a cooker/mover to an active gangbanger. Many ignoramuses would watch that video or listen to the track and swallow it without realizing everything he claimed to have done can only be credited to his alter-ego TIP.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by GistFullGround: 7:16am On Jun 25, 2017
This the greatest of all 419 Praise-Singer.

Ibo people love this song ehnnnn,
Imagine one idiot playing this song during his son's naming ceremony.
I asked him why he is playing it and he told me "Nna forget matterrrrrr"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJOuvEcarNs
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by leggybaba(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2017
yungbillionaire:

abeg make una deyy try understand something before u talk about am...soft work is a song that he used to express his love for his passion(music) than his career(law)...."I would have been in chambers but this one, na him dey pay pass"..his father is already a successful lawyer, he felt he needed a name for himself trough his passion, hence falz d bahd guy and even his role in jenifaz diary, which earned him his first AMVCA.

All I'm saying is, dis is not a war, just an advice to make musicians think and understand the kind of influence and impact their music have on d youths...I see no reason why people are judging d boy...yet we want people to speak up for what is right...hypocrites everywhere....#thinkbeforeyoutalk

bro u so on point
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by TheAziz: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2017
falz said the truth. Buh e no consine me
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by yungbillionaire(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2017
leggybaba:

bro u so on point

thanks bro.
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by nollyspoof: 8:45am On Jun 28, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iyanya Shows Off His Macho Body In The Dark,fans React / Mercy Aigbe In UK For Medical Treatment (Photos) / Funke Akindele And Her Husband, JJC At Mo Abudu's Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.