Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa (815 Views)

South African Student Missed The Russian Plane Which Crashed With No Survivor / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City / South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by afrikanbabe(f): 7:31am On Jun 25, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

So I'm a South African sista planning my mission to relocate to Lagos, Nigeria - to read more on my quest, please see the link: https://www.nairaland.com/3841147/south-african-wants-live-work

I'm looking to get help on getting the right visa. Ideally, I'd like a residency card/green card and for that I know I'd need a STR (having obtained from my country) and go on to get the green card once in Nigeria. Problem is, I don't have all the documents needed such as expat quota. how hard is it to get the quota? What if the company is an npo? Can I maybe come with a business visa and apply for a green card once in Nigeria? Is this the same coming on a tourist visa?

How much would getting a green card cost?
Yes, I'd like a green card as I'd like to work legally in Nigeria.

The agents here in SA are asking for an arm and a leg and I simply cannot pay so much as leaving with an str, how sure am I that once I apply for green card in Naija that I'll get it??

I'm confident that where there's a will there's a way so I'm sure someone out here knows the ins and outs of Nigerian immigration.

Looking forward to any feedback on this

Thank you all
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by sholatech(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2017
To obtain a green card in Nigeria, you have to obtain str visa from your home country. You can't obtain str from within Nigeria. Do you already have an employment letter from company or NGO IN Nigeria? If yes, they could provide you with Expat Quota for processing the Str visa
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by afrikanbabe(f): 10:29am On Jun 25, 2017
sholatech:
To obtain a green card in Nigeria, you have to obtain str visa from your home country. You can't obtain str from within Nigeria. Do you already have an employment letter from company or NGO IN Nigeria? If yes, they could provide you with Expat Quota for processing the Str visa

Hi sholatech,

Thank you for your response. Points noted.
So what you're saying that it's impossible to get an str with Naija?
I could get a company to write me a letter but it's an ngo and don't think it makes the said money needed on the requirements to get the quota. Because the company applies for this quota yes?
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by sholatech(m): 10:40am On Jun 25, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hi sholatech,

Thank you for your response. Points noted.
So what you're saying that it's impossible to get an str with Naija?
I could get a company to write me a letter but it's an ngo and don't think it makes the said money needed on the requirements to get the quota. Because the company applies for this quota yes?

Yeah, you can not obtain str visa from within Nigeria. The Ngo can really get Expat Quota from Nigerian Immigrations to enable you process Str Visa from Nigerian Embassy IN SA
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by afrikanbabe(f): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2017
sholatech:

Yeah, you can not obtain str visa from within Nigeria. The Ngo can really get Expat Quota from Nigerian Immigrations to enable you process Str Visa from Nigerian Embassy IN SA

Okay thanks Shola
Is it difficult to get an expat quota (on the company's part)
Also, what if I leave with business visa, can I apply for residency once in Naija?
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by sholatech(m): 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Okay thanks Shola
Is it difficult to get an expat quota (on the company's part)
Also, what if I leave with business visa, can I apply for residency once in Naija?

No, It Is not difficult to get Expat Quota. Business visas cannot be converted to Residency in Nigeria, only STR.

Business Visas can be extended in country but for long stay, are expensive
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by afrikanbabe(f): 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
sholatech:

No, It Is not difficult to get Expat Quota. Business visas cannot be converted to Residency in Nigeria, only STR.

Business Visas can be extended in country but for long stay, are expensive

Okay that's good if it's not difficult. I've sent you an email Shola. Kindly let me know if received
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by samtol4(m): 5:22am On Jun 26, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Okay that's good if it's not difficult. I've sent you an email Shola. Kindly let me know if received
Visit Nigerian embassy in Joburg you will get information on this . More importantly you should start applying for jobs before u travel to lagos
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by afrikanbabe(f): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
samtol4:
Visit Nigerian embassy in Joburg you will get information on this . More importantly you should start applying for jobs before u travel to lagos
The embassies don't help much.
I'm applying in the meantime
Considering niger wives visa
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by afrikanbabe(f): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Nairalanders, what do you think of a foreigner marrying for Niger wives visa? Do you know of people who've done this? Please share
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by samtol4(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
afrikanbabe:

do you qualify for Naija wives visa ?
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by afrikanbabe(f): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
samtol4:
do you qualify for Naija wives visa ?

How do you mean? The requirements aren't so difficult
Re: Help! South African Needs Nigerian STR Visa by claremont(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2017

(1) (Reply)

9 World Stunningly Picturesque Oases / Why You Should'nt Go To America / Train Ride From Lagos To Minna In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.