Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,356 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags (28825 Views)

Doyin Okupe And Wife Tested Positive For COVID-19. Pictured At Isolation Centre / How Sanusi, Family Members Were Harassed — Lawyers / Proscribed IPOB Members Storm Church With Biafran Flags In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Hopeful20100: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2017
Doyin Okupe, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has said watching members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), waving the Biafran flags while welcoming Nnamdi Kanu, made him shed tears.

He said that the way the IPOB members, particularly youths, waved their flags in Nnamdi Kanu’s compound, shows a people that have been traumatized, in a position of hopelessness.

Okupe was speaking in reaction to the video of IPOB members who visited Nnamdi Kanu in his residence.

“This morning,” he said, “I could not withhold the tears from my eyes when I saw the video of thousands of ibos, mostly youths, waving Biafran Flags and chanting in Nnamdi Kanu’s compound ‘all we are saying is give us Biafra.’

“I cried because I empathised with them and I wondered how we managed to push a people to such a position of hopelessness and despair. I also fearfully wondered if by any act of commission or omission I have played any role in this ignoble act (s).”

The Igbos, under the umbrella of IPOB as well as other groups, have been agitating for the creation of an independent state of Biafra, citing marginalization.

http://www.herald.ng/wept-saw-hopelessness-when-ipob-members-were-waving-biafran-flags/#OmKBhocQVJwhZj8G.99

17 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 25, 2017
This Doyin man is something else. Was he not part of the people that looted this country.
I'm not supporting APC.

The third poster below me must be a heady flatron grin

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by APCsupporter: 11:02am On Jun 25, 2017
All these useless politicians are only after ipob votes for their presidential ambitions but it won't work. They can cry blood if they like but the government will never spend all of its revenue on the south East alone

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by hmbassey1960(m): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2017
When he was in the government what good did he do for the people

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Hopeful20100: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2017
All posters above and 4 below are afonjas....you can never ever reason with them. Never!

210 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Atiku2019: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Doyin Nigeria youths are wiser than your political gimmicks

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by MhizValentina12(f): 11:14am On Jun 25, 2017
lol...shed tears? maybe its tears of joy from ur air conditioned cars or ur fascinating mansions.... pls clean those your crocodile tears biko....we dont need it now...#igbo_Amaka

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Cadamlk: 11:16am On Jun 25, 2017
I also fearfully wondered if by any act of commission or omission I have played any role in this ignoble act (s)

You don't need the Holy Spirit to tell you that you are among the actors.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 11:19am On Jun 25, 2017
Atiku2019:
grin grin grin grin

Doyin Nigeria youths are wiser than your political gimmicks
ipod youth will fall for his gimmicks the same way they did for FFK who once claimed to have phucked biana ojuku before.

It is very easy and simple to manipulate the emotion of an average ibo man. You are also a ibo man but you have started campaigning for Atiku even before his own Hausa people.

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by valboy20(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Okupe getting emotional to garner IPOB support

7 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by adadike281(f): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2017
yes Doyin, no need to ask, u played a role

14 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Atiku2019: 11:46am On Jun 25, 2017
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
ipod youth will fall for his gimmicks the same way they did for FFK who once claimed to have phucked biana ojuku before.

It is very easy and simple to manipulate the emotion of an average ibo man. You are also a ibo man but you have started campaigning for Atiku even before his own Hausa people.

Atiku2019 cool

6 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Icecomrade: 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
Tlokz

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by 1Rebel: 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
For all those who are opposing the Biafran project, I have just one sentence for you:

Don't believe us, just watch
cool

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by gentlechyke(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
okay

How to permanently end Biafran agitation

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?

Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Calabar, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.

3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.

4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.

7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .

8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.

If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month. Meaning that Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc etc.

The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said... Really? Don’t you think South South and South. Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs?

He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow, you are right but it never occurred to me.

I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo. Let each region develop at her own pace, with Airport, Seaports, industries, major projects open to be developed in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism!

Let Nigeria be fair to ALL irrespective of tribe, religion, and place of birth. Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federal character in Nigeria. Let's have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria. That is what Biafra agitation is all about.

THE SIMPLE TRUTH

Whoever tells you that if Biafra succeed or gain her independence that Igbos leaving in the North or Yoruba land will loose their properties and that things will become worst is an enemy and is among the people that are benefiting from the fraudulent arrangement that exist in Nigeria.

Yugoslavia broke into 6 countries namely: Serbia,Macedonia,Solvenia,Bosia and Hezegovia,Montengro, and croatia and heaven did not fall.They did not leave their Job,leave their formal country before voting to leave....... after voting to leave, all those in the new created countries automatically become foreigners.

Malaysia broke into 2 namely: Malaysia & Singapore and heaven did not fall.

Pakistan broke into 2 namely: Pakistan & Bangladesh and heaven did not fall

United Arab Republic broke into 2 namely: Egypt & Syria and heaven did not fall

If Biafra go, it doesn't mean we can't travel anywhere again provided we have our traveling documents ready.

Why is it that Hausas & Fulanis see Biafra break up as war? Are you not tired of sucking & stealing our oil down to Kaduna reserve, Bornu reserve, and now Liberia reserve?

Allow Biafra to go because Biafrans have suffered a lot of humiliation,intimidation & marginalisation in the hand of this wicked contraption called Nigeria.

#Copied

174 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Philinho(m): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
stop over hyping d polity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by kolafolabi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
Biafra can't be actualized unless South South and South East Federal Lawmakers demand and push for it.

8 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by burkingx(f): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by burkingx(f): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
cool

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Juni4jay(m): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by burkingx(f): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by itiswellandwell: 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
All i see in the man talk is greed. What did you do when you had the opportunity? You saw the nos of head count in in kanu residence and you shed tears of failure if you should try to contest for any post if those people are finally granted their request. That head count means a lot to the success of your political ambition. Tell us the truth.

Check my signature for your quality customised Atm card flash drive

4 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by experimentist: 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
ipoop yutes has suffered grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
After you and your boss GEJ looted Nigeria blind for 6yrs. Only gullible fools take these people serious.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by StateNews: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by kingthreatz: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
Okupe, stop shedding tears over flatinoes. Even if 90% of national revenue is given to them, they willl still want Biafra. Arewa is right, let them go.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
gentlechyke:
okay

How to permanently end Biafran agitation

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?

Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Calabar, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.

3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.

4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.

7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .

8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.

If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month. Meaning that Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc etc.

The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said... Really? Don’t you think South South and South. Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs?

He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow, you are right but it never occurred to me.

I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo. Let each region develop at her own pace, with Airport, Seaports, industries, major projects open to be developed in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism!

Let Nigeria be fair to ALL irrespective of tribe, religion, and place of birth. Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federal character in Nigeria. Let's have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria. That is what Biafra agitation is all about.

THE SIMPLE TRUTH

Whoever tells you that if Biafra succeed or gain her independence that Igbos leaving in the North or Yoruba land will loose their properties and that things will become worst is an enemy and is among the people that are benefiting from the fraudulent arrangement that exist in Nigeria.

Yugoslavia broke into 6 countries namely: Serbia,Macedonia,Solvenia,Bosnia Hezegovia,Montengro and heaven did not fall.They did not leave their Job,leave their formal country before voting to leave....... after voting to leave, all those in the new created countries automatically become foreigners.

Malaysia broke into 2 namely: Malaysia & Singapore and heaven did not fall.

Pakistan broke into 2 namely: Pakistan & Bangladesh and heaven did not fall

United Arab Republic broke into 2 namely: Egypt & Syria and heaven did not fall

If Biafra go, it doesn't mean we can't travel anywhere again provided we have our traveling documents ready.

Why is it that Hausas & Fulanis see Biafra break up as war? Are you not tired of sucking & stealing our oil down to Kaduna reserve, Bornu reserve, and now Liberia reserve?

Allow Biafra to go because Biafrans have suffered a lot of humiliation,intimidation & marginalisation in the hand of this wicked contraption called Nigeria.

#Copied

Trash!!

Sudan broke into Sudan and South Sudan u know d rest.
Besides UEA never broke into Egypt and Syria, pls in a bid to pass such ignorant message don't try to twist history...

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Captain1Nigeria(m): 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
Make efcc come carry is man abeg too the talk too much

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags by Pesuzok(m): 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
Most youths in this country living in despair not SE alone.

But my igbo brothers, how come we say we are doing well and at the same time living in despair

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Why Tinubu May Look Elsewhere / Dino Melaye Was At COZA As Benny Hinn Ministers (Photos) / IPOB Members Set IPOB Journalist Up In Rivers State,Brutally Attack Him(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.