Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (40936 Views)

Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) / Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
God is merciful
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by olayinka63: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
Jazakumullahu khayra for maintaining your integrity. despite the hardship your family still have considerations for others. God bless your family.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by heskeyw(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
Comot 1,000,000 from the money , stake on sure 1.7odd, make 700k gain , then return the money to the government
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by bossrillboss: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
Nonybb:
I don't understand this couple.. Why did you return the money, explain it correctly to me
....abeg my guy enta kogi go ask dem personally by urself it will help ur understanding...lol
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by alizma: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
some people think they refund the money for fear of being caught.
even if EFCC had announced in the evening of that day, that some money was mistakenly paid into Mrs A's account and therefore are trying to get to Mrs. A, for refund, I bet that some crooks would have said efcc should go to hell
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
Omotayor123:
Nice Gesture.
Their honesty Will definitely pay off someday.

It's not everyone that has the Liver to Steal.. But I wonder how they overpaid such amount of money.
lol....d person dat sent it wud ve com for his own share.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Orpe7(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
Na sack get the accountant wey transfer the money
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by dingbang(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
The man should just pray that the kogi state govt pays him his arrears if not.. He is the most foolish man on earth...
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Burshh: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:
she replied, “....I know that at the end of the day if they found out, I would be punished.”

Thers a big difference between honesty and fear smiley
Sir... You won't say that, only if you read this...
" On what first struck her mind when she got the alert, Husseina said, “When I saw the money, what went through my mind was that there were many people out there suffering because they had not been paid and then mistakenly the government paid the money into my account. I immediately knew the money was meant for other people, not me.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Ilefoaye(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=KingRex1 post=57853270]she replied, “....I know that at the end of the day if they found out, I would be punished.”

Thers a big difference between honesty and fear smiley[/quote
well said

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by habdulafeez(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2017
its a good gesture from the couples actually.....honesty pays .
the best thing the government can do at this point to repay the kindness of the couple is to clear the husband so that he can start getting his Salaries again.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by agrovick(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
I will like to know whose salary it is that was wrongly paid into the woman's account, I mean close to 2 million naira per month for a government worker!

This Nigeria sef
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by enemyofprogress: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by obafemee80(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:
she replied, “....I know that at the end of the day if they found out, I would be punished.”

They both work hand in hand
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Jabioro: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
Fear has nothing to offered you, it can killed your potential dream prematurely, it can ruined you instantly, it can make you shivering before your potential wife, the deny you of handsome, beautiful children. Is a great disease that can only be cured by you, you only. What stopped him from doing legitimate business with that fund,and if eventually busted you can easily refund it.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Partnerbiz3: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
blackberlin:

Even if it was done out of fear, it was still a righteous act. Some people are bold to commit crimes and do dishonest things. . . All the same, it wouldn't be a criminal act if she had withdrawn the money... She didnt steal it.

And u think u are smart.
? I hail u
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

wrong bro!

its a jail-able offense - its called wrongful/illegal acquisition - she and her husband knows the implication - they are both accountants.

Guy forget. As long as she didnt steal the money all that one na grammar. If they arrest her, they'll leave her last last... Na this country everybody dey.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

And u think u are smart.
? I hail u

Oga gboju! Shey she stole the money ni?
You know how many people collect such money daily? People are suffering ooo... Dont tempt anyone with money man cos they didn't steal it.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by whizzyleejr(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
Judging it wordly, she ought not to return it but i like her she judge it religiously, honesty is righteousness
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by buffalowings: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
Nonsense

I should come fry akara abi

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by gradeA(m): 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2017
Jabioro:
Fear has nothing to offered you, it can killed your dream prematurely, it can ruined you instantly, it can make shivering before your potential wife, the more than of your handsome, beautiful children. Is a great disease that can only be cured by you, you only. What stopped him from doing legitimate business with fund, if eventually busted you can easily refund it.

Oboi my eyes are teary after reading this.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by muller101(m): 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2017
Ancient news. Who moved this nonsense to FP
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by lonelydora: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
Tolulopefinest:
Nonsense. In this economic downturn, you're returning money to a nonsnse government.

That's FOOLISHNESS. sad

I wonder why this type of mistake don't come my way. Chai.....i cast out every spirit of fear in my life.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by AngelicBeing: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:

Gbam grin

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:

So what are u trying to say grin
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by gradeA(m): 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
His point is clearly stated in that statement. ....
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by bsideboii(m): 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:

Whichever way...The right thing was done

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by FirstCounsel(m): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2017
Something definitely must be wrong with the accounting processes of the Kogi State government. It's the second time I have read the account of a staff was wrongly credited with a huge amount in excess of the exact salary

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by tommenoh(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2017
However further investigation showed that it was her husband who finally decided what should be done with the money. He was reported to have added his voice to that of his wife that the money should be paid back to government.

“It was the decision of my husband. He said the money must not stay more than a day before returning it. My religion also teaches me that it is not good to take what does not belong to one

you can see the guile of the wife,displayed here!lol!knowing the husband is not earning because of the turn in his employment wt the govt,she stylishly is pointing attention to him,so govt can fast track his re-enlistment.
people,not all those returning monies wrongly sent into their accounts,ARE HONEST O!In these days of BVN and identities being so easy to trace,any wrong moves to run wt such monies,is so easily traced!No even think it,especially if u are a civil servant or a paid employee with a domiciled account!na fear of geeting ur info ,spilled out to the public and chasing by police,plus including hijacking of ur siblings where u don jarr!,na hm be basis of sense,in the act of returning such.
MAKE I NO WRITE PLENTY N COME N BE GOING!
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by cococandy(f): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
If it's from the government, spend it. It's your money.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary / 20 Successful Under-40 Entrepreneurs In Nigeria / 9 Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.