Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (40937 Views)

Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) / Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Tinyemeka(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
LOL. I see an FT staff answering a hot, difficult-to-wriggle out query. smiley

Or maybe it was just a case of wrongly-inputted akant number by the KGSG staff(s) who prepared the salary schedule.

Totally unfair on the poor lady.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Gebbson007(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
Liemuhammed:
That is laudable

Abeg, seun and co, do something about this your error 521 o undecided

I been fink say na only me oo
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by engrjacuzzi: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
if any of our looters see such error, they won't return it back to government. all the stolen money outside the country, where is it
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Jabioro: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
gradeA:

Oboi my eyes are teary after reading this.
I correct the omission when I settled.. thanks
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by victor8269: 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:
she replied, “....I know that at the end of the day if they found out, I would be punished.”

Thers a big difference between honesty and fear smiley
Though you know both of them, it's clear you have none
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by victor8269: 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:
she replied, “....I know that at the end of the day if they found out, I would be punished.”

I am sure even your pastor can't differentiate honesty from the fear of God

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Alexis0147(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2017
MuMu dey smell!
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Mmaxix: 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2017
No big deal honesty here.. She would have been fished out and sacked. Civil servants don't have a hiding place. It just to get hold of her bvn and she will be traced to her desk.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Tobium1(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
The returned the money because of de spirit of Ramadan fast, make i hear say na july she get de alert, she will go AWOL and elope
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
but come o, the govt is owing the woman and some others several months salary but could conveniently wire over a million naira into a single person's account. someone is obviously diverting public funds that would have been used in paying salaries. that one is a crime in itself and the person behind such transaction wouldnt want to implicate his or herself by going to the police if the woman refuses to return the money.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mmaxix:
No big deal honesty here.. She would have been fished out and sacked. Civil servants don't have a hiding place. It just to get hold of her bvn and she will be traced to her desk.
hardly will that happen, the govt is owing her and her colleagues their salaries but someone somewhere authorized a transaction in a little over a million, do u think its a legit transfer? last last she'll stop coming to work relocate with her husband to another state
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Playwhizard(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:

i bin dey think say na only thought of it
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Alajiki(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:

So, what's your point? That the money was returned out of fear and not honesty?
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
KingRex1:

ova sabi turn detective ,, b it honesty or wateva u r insinuating... d family dd d rite tin.
so Rex ur brain n stop rackin it ova non criminal case
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by KingRex1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
Alajiki:

So, what's your point? That the money was returned out of fear and not honesty?
You said it yourself
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
Just Wish His Is The President Of This Country.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by ashawopikin(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mtcheeew

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by mechanics(m): 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
they should look into the case sharply, how I know how it feels for one not to be paid for months.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by hashman(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
Uncle u have made me proud.u and ur wife are always a learning point for me. I remember when hold my hand to kogi poly and get me admission. God will surly pay u in many ways. U have left a good legacy for the family.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by tomdon(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2017
mjbaba:
They wouldn't have got away with spending the money tho. It was credited into a salary account. An account that has your full details and that of your office. If u spend am, ajekun iya, loje

How won't they get away??
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Caseless: 1:23am On Jun 27, 2017
KingRex1:

her husband is the honest one.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by BentSpoon(m): 1:30am On Jun 27, 2017
shocked
The fear of EFCC is the beginning of honesty

Ur generation will not forgive u Weak man
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by hadaydhollarpo(m): 5:20am On Jun 27, 2017
KingRex1:

@least give her the credit. You as a person would have dare the consequence not minding the end result. Corruption in ya bloodstream like kilode....
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by entrepreneurmic: 5:37am On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=Tolulopefinest post=57858579]Nonsense. In this economic downturn, you're returning money to a nonsnse government.

That's FOOLISHNESS. TAKE THE MONEY AND YOU WILL KNOW WHO IS MORE FOOLISH. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. KUDOS TO THE COUPLE.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Mayflowa(m): 6:10am On Jun 27, 2017
rugipp:
They returned the money because of the eventual negative aftermath.. kudos to them anyway. Hope the government appreciates them with something

Do armed robbers give a damn thought to eventuals?
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by rukis360(m): 6:53am On Jun 27, 2017
Something just tells me the main idea of returning the money wasn't really for conscience and all that, they wanted to be commended and they thought they'll be compensated and recognized by the government as being honest and patriotic, well this is Nigeria, sometimes it doesn't work... U see at the end they were only appreciated, their suffering continues, I'm sure theyll be regretting not taking the money

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by pimper24: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by Carter4luv(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2017
From today ur family story will change. Greater things will come ur way.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by sshalom(m): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2017
KingRex1:

You are right.

However, the fact that they didn't decide to take the money and abscond in the face of their poor financial status shows that they are decent people.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) by younglekky19: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
34k salary

What a life

This government are indeed wicked

1$ = 490#

Rice is 26k

Salary of a level 7 C.S is 34k

What a shame to Kogi state gov.

How can a family live on 34k monthly?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary / 20 Successful Under-40 Entrepreneurs In Nigeria / 9 Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.