Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? (595 Views)

Things Guys Say When They Want To Get Down With A Babe: See Hilarious Comments / How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by Lagboyinibadan(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
We see a lot of parents telling their children that they should be careful that they are not ready to be grandparents. Sometimes even protecting their children to a certain age when they feel their age mates are having grand children. My point is, can't an 18 year old girl just decide she's ready to bear the burden motherhood without her parents interfering in her decisions
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by yomi007k(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
undecided

Op....dont take this hard but.....how old are u?
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
yomi007k:
undecided

Op....dont take this hard but.....how old are u?
What's that got to do with what he's asking? undecided

*@Op, Absolutely not. Once an individual is 18 years and above they should be free to make their own choices. This overbearing attitudes of most African parents just have to stop, they always feel they know what's best for their kids but many lives have been ruined via this.
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
Lagboyinibadan:
We see a lot of parents telling their children that they should be careful that they are not ready to be grandparents. Sometimes even protecting their children to a certain age when they feel their age mates are having grand children. My point is, can't an 18 year old girl just decide she's ready to bear the burden motherhood without her parents interfering in her decisions

Bro, there is a huge difference between parents not ready to be grandparents AND parents warning their child about a mistake they are About to make.

Any wise person would warn a foolish 18yr old kid about getting pregnant, as that kid doesn't remotely have a clue about what it TAKES to emotionally/physically/financially have a child AND raise it properly for the next 18yrs.

And as much as this kid has all the rights to have that child, it is her parents DUTY/OBLIGATION to warn her about the possible dangers of such act

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by yomi007k(m): 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
What's that got to do with what he's asking? undecided

*@Op, Absolutely not. Once an individual is 18 years and above they should be free to make their own choices. This overbearing attitudes of most African parents just have to stop, they always feel they know what's best for their kids but many lives have been ruined via this.

18 in Africa is not 18 abroad oo.

They are not to be compared physically, psychologically or socially.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
yomi007k:

18 in Africa is not 18 abroad oo.

They are not to be compared physically, psychologically or socially.
Okay then.
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by yomi007k(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
Okay then.

How many kids do u have?

I work in a hospital and an 18yrd old had to go thru c.s to hv a baby. She n d baby daddy dont hv money n guess who supported dem? The family.

....dem neva even pay finish till now.

Its easy to hav sex, hard to give birth but hardest to raise kids.
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
yomi007k:

How many kids do u have?

I work in a hospital and an 18yrd old had to go thru c.s to hv a baby. She n d baby daddy dont hv money n guess who supported dem? The family.

....dem neva even pay finish till now.

Its easy to hav sex, hard to give birth but hardest to raise kids.
Me? None.

Yeah, I understand that kind of scenerio.

Still we shouldn't overlook this overbearing attitudes of African parents. Most parents control and make decisions for their child(ren)—old enough to tell left from right—which they end up regretting down the line.

From choosing a partner for them to deciding their choice of career based on their own selfish interest, many have been misled. I've seen it bro, it's why I'm saying it.
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by yomi007k(m): 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
Me? None.

Yeah, I understand that kind of scenerio.

Still we shouldn't overlook this overbearing attitudes of African parents. Most parents control and make decisions for their child(ren)—old enough to tell left from right—which they end up regretting down the line.

From choosing a partner for them to deciding their choice of career based on their own selfish interest, many have been misled. I've seen it bro, it's why I'm saying it.

I fully agree.

Parents always want to be a part but dey only do dt because dey knw dt ur failure bcoms dir failure.

I used to think d way u do years back til I finally understod dem.....I used to hate my mum but now she's my number 1 chick...cos no lady ever spent so much doe on me ....never. ...n I doubt even if my wife wud. I love her like no other.

Life is hard, dey jus want to mk it easier.
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:31am On Jun 27, 2017
yomi007k:

I fully agree.

Parents always want to be a part but dey only do dt because dey knw dt ur failure bcoms dir failure.

I used to think d way u do years back til I finally understod dem.....I used to hate my mum but now she's my number 1 chick...cos no lady ever spent so much doe on me ....never. ...n I doubt even if my wife wud. I love her like no other.

Life is hard, dey jus want to mk it easier.
I know right, but it shouldn't be too much. I've seen people regretting choices made for them by their parents. I'm not saying they shouldn't have a say or something, but they shouldn't force their child(ren) to do their biddings.

My own wouldn't shove their ideas down my throat, once you show you've got your own way/idea/plan they give their blessings, it's why I love my mum.

*morning btw
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by Splinz(m): 6:38am On Jun 27, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Bro, there is a huge difference between parents not ready to be grandparents AND parents warning their child about a mistake they are About to make.

Any wise person would warn a foolish 18yr old kid about getting pregnant, as that kid doesn't remotely have a clue about what it TAKES to emotionally/physically/financially have a child AND raise it properly for the next 18yrs.

And as much as this kid has all the rights to have that child, it is her parents DUTY/OBLIGATION to warn her about the possible dangers of such act

Good!
Re: Is It The Choice Of Parents To Decide When They Want To Be Grand Parents? by Lionessza(f): 6:38am On Jun 27, 2017
I feel the parents are not only protecting you from making rash decisions but also protecting themselves from carrying the burden of your mistakes. When you are 18 you should be thinking of getting skills to support yourself and better your life not making kids ( my opinion). The parents have every right to be concerned, because when you struggle to take care of that child , where are you going to take him/ her ? Who is going to feed the kid when you are not yet stable?. Rarely will you find an 18 year old who is ready emotionally and financially to have a kid. Fact !

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To All Unmarried Youngmen. Ladies Keepoff / Gay Cut While Trying To Rape A Boy Hawking / 042 Thread!!! Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.