Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Osinbajo Receives A Delegation Of Religious, Traditional And Political Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Receives A Delegation Of Religious, Traditional And Political Leaders (359 Views)

Emeka Ihedioha Receives A Delegation Of Traditional Rulers / Buhari Receives A Delegation Of European Union In Aso Rock Today (photos) / Buhari Meets With A Delegation Of Nigerians Living In Netherlands(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Receives A Delegation Of Religious, Traditional And Political Leaders by presidency: 7:34am On Jun 28, 2017
Excerpts From Remarks by Acting President Osinbajo When He Received a Delegation of Religious, Traditional and Political Leaders in Sallah Homage at His Residence — June 25, 2017
Acting President Professor Yemi Osinbajo:
"I want to say that unity of the faiths is so important; it’s very very important. And the reason why it’s important is because the best attributes of citizenship can be found in the faiths. What are those attributes? Love for one another, Integrity in our relationships, with ourselves, with government resources and funds, the desire to do good for the majority of our people; to do right by the majority of our people."

"What the Government of President Muhammadu Buhari has always emphasized is the unity of the faiths. There is every reason for us to work together as brothers and sisters despite our different faiths. And the President himself has demonstrated that in so many ways, by ensuring balance in everything. And you know that at Christmas, I’m not even around to attend the homage that is paid to him by Christians, I always tell him that that he’s going to do by himself, because I usually take off at Christmas and try and get myself a holiday if I can. So he receives the Christians by himself, and usually I just hear about what happened afterwards."

"The first time that I attended Iftar, Mr President invited me. And I recall asking him, when he invited me, that are Christians allowed to attend Iftar? And he said, so long as you’re hungry, you can attend. If you’re hungry, let’s go and attend this Iftar. Since then he’s invited me to every one. The way the President receives the Muslim Ummah for the Homage — I have attended every single one since 2015 — so I’m very experienced, having been well schooled by Mr. President."

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Breaking : IPOB Insists No Election Will Hold In Igbo Land / Okun Indigenes In Lagos Back Melaye’s Recall / See Alert! Kungfu Victim Receives N3m Compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.