Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? (71312 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Are They Taking Me For Granted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by dealslip(f): 5:36am On Jun 29, 2017
Is she the breadwinner. Next time she goes out without informing you. Please lock her out. She clearly has deep seated emotional problems. You are not qualified to handle it. She may be suffering from childhood emotional neglect and abuse. Her subconscious mind needs serious help.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by emvz: 5:42am On Jun 29, 2017
She is typically demon-possessed. Take her for deliverance. That is the honest truth.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by veraiyke(m): 5:42am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need you advice before I finally end this marriage.
I know I was at fault at the beginning for not stamping my authority , I showed her so much love, because she is a product of a broken home, I wanted her to know there is much more to life, now she has turned my love to foolishness, I do not want my kids to grow up without a father. That is why I have been very patient, but now … please read on.

I have been married for 11 years, with 4 kids. The truth is that we have never had really peace in the home for these years, everything is trouble, from the way I talk, eat, dress, use the toilet and sleep, just name them. The situation has been bad from the beginning, but the last three years has been hell for me and the kids, my wife shouts and complain over everything, she cannot go one full day with Joy, there is always one thing that annoys her, she has to be right on all issues, The very sad part is that whenever she does anything wrong and I ask her, there will be trouble, she will refuse to speak with me for as long as she like. We can go for weeks without really speaking with each other she enjoys it, she does not just bother at all. Each time these things happen, I am always the one that try to initiate peace.

I will like to give only one example to summarise everything going on in my home: two years ago, she will just leave the home without telling me, I called her and told her it is not right, she replied me promptly that it is her life, I can’t control her, and it is my life as well, I should do whatever I like with it. well I thought it was anger, however, I never mind, anytime I want to leave, I make sure I tell her till one day she called me and tell me that even if I keep informing her about my movements, that she is not going to change, she is not under any obligation to tell me where she is going to. My people, for two years counting now, that is how we have been doing it, we just leave without telling each other. BUT OCCASSIONALLY FOR SOME REASONS I DON’T KNOW, SHE WILL JUST TELL ME SHE IS GOING OUT TO XYZ.

She always insults me and even the kids, for any mistake they make and she never fails to tell them that they did not inherit their bad character from her, that they inherited their character from me, she says this consistently even when I am there. There is no insult she has not poured on me, I have had to explain to her mother severally but the woman is simply helpless, her mother is dead scared of her. She exhibited some of these characters during our two years of courtship, but her mother and some brethren advised that she will change after marriage. She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door. She stopped me from sleeping in same room with her, when I asked why, shy did not say anything but after 4 months she said it was because I was snoring at night. Trust me anytime I am opportune to make love to her I make sure she climaxes…

It is so bad that even her sisters sometimes rebuke her in my presence, presently, she is not in talking terms with any of her siblings, and this has been on for the past three years. I am stuck with this lady, her mother cannot talk to her, no family member she respects. She is a loner.
To the extent that she makes friends and they always break up, she has no real close friends, even if they are close, trust me, before 6 months the relationship has gone sour.
hmm for years! Oga first and only advice, go check the paternity of the children you call your own.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Renegadefrank(m): 5:52am On Jun 29, 2017
If I were in your shoes, I'd cut all ties with her, for the sake of my children and my sanity. Whatever you do though, best wishes Sir.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by middlebeltboy: 5:53am On Jun 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You will hate me if I tell you the truth..

But I didn't start typing this just to please you.

That your wife that treats you like trash melts at the sight of another man,
I doubt she has called you petnames in recent times but I can swear on Mungo Park's grave that she calls another man pet names.

She locks herself up in another room right? I'd tell you why...it's because she is either masturbating or having nude videocalls with one of her many social media, 'abroad-based' young lovers.

You want to sound like a good nice man, but Mr Man, you are a sissy...no real woman wants a sissy. They want a man who can exert his authority on them, in the home, on the bed, everywhere!!!!

Your wife leaves the house out of anger IMAGINE THAT NONSENSE!!!..where do you think she goes to? You think she goes for Night vigil at SYNAGOGUE Ikotun abi....she is in the house of one small fûckboy moaning his roof down and cursing the day she met you.

From the way you are going, very soon she'd give you the towel to hold while she bathes with another man in your bathroom.
I'm sure the few times she let's you touch her, she calls out another man's name.

Nwoke m, mepe anya!!!

Open your eyes and be a man

That dangling rod in between your leg is not for fancy, use it and cane some sense into her.
Use it and drive away the evil spirit out of her.
If you aren't so good, then use a real cane
no mind op, he is a damn weakling,
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by yunnyp(m): 5:54am On Jun 29, 2017
MizMyColi:
The worst thing that can happen to a man is to live with a woman who has no love, thoughtless and inconsiderate.

A man cannot change a woman, neither can a woman change a man.

When you get married to a human being, you need to understand that your marriage will not work unless you are ready to invest heavily in the virtues of love and kindness.

It pays to be open.
It pays to have a heart that is willing to let go.

I guess the woman harbors a lot of unforgiveness and hate in her heart.
She needs to become aware. She needs to connect with her truest and purest self.

Dear OP, I don't know how you will do it, but I think you have endured long enough.

Try to engage in things that make you happy.
Pray, seek divine counsel on what to do.

I will advise that you make peace with your current situation and try to avoid the negativity, all kinds of negativity.

I wish you well Sir.

You've said it all my sister unlike some Nairalanders that will be advising the Op to divorce his partner..

Dear Op, I supported what my sister said.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Lloydfolarin: 5:55am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need you advice before I finally end this marriage.
I know I was at fault at the beginning for not stamping my authority , I showed her so much love, because she is a product of a broken home, I wanted her to know there is much more to life, now she has turned my love to foolishness, I do not want my kids to grow up without a father. That is why I have been very patient, but now … please read on.

I have been married for 11 years, with 4 kids. The truth is that we have never had really peace in the home for these years, everything is trouble, from the way I talk, eat, dress, use the toilet and sleep, just name them. The situation has been bad from the beginning, but the last three years has been hell for me and the kids, my wife shouts and complain over everything, she cannot go one full day with Joy, there is always one thing that annoys her, she has to be right on all issues, The very sad part is that whenever she does anything wrong and I ask her, there will be trouble, she will refuse to speak with me for as long as she like. We can go for weeks without really speaking with each other she enjoys it, she does not just bother at all. Each time these things happen, I am always the one that try to initiate peace.

I will like to give only one example to summarise everything going on in my home: two years ago, she will just leave the home without telling me, I called her and told her it is not right, she replied me promptly that it is her life, I can’t control her, and it is my life as well, I should do whatever I like with it. well I thought it was anger, however, I never mind, anytime I want to leave, I make sure I tell her till one day she called me and tell me that even if I keep informing her about my movements, that she is not going to change, she is not under any obligation to tell me where she is going to. My people, for two years counting now, that is how we have been doing it, we just leave without telling each other. BUT OCCASSIONALLY FOR SOME REASONS I DON’T KNOW, SHE WILL JUST TELL ME SHE IS GOING OUT TO XYZ.

She always insults me and even the kids, for any mistake they make and she never fails to tell them that they did not inherit their bad character from her, that they inherited their character from me, she says this consistently even when I am there. There is no insult she has not poured on me, I have had to explain to her mother severally but the woman is simply helpless, her mother is dead scared of her. She exhibited some of these characters during our two years of courtship, but her mother and some brethren advised that she will change after marriage. She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door. She stopped me from sleeping in same room with her, when I asked why, shy did not say anything but after 4 months she said it was because I was snoring at night. Trust me anytime I am opportune to make love to her I make sure she climaxes…

It is so bad that even her sisters sometimes rebuke her in my presence, presently, she is not in talking terms with any of her siblings, and this has been on for the past three years. I am stuck with this lady, her mother cannot talk to her, no family member she respects. She is a loner.
To the extent that she makes friends and they always break up, she has no real close friends, even if they are close, trust me, before 6 months the relationship has gone sour.

I ll simply say you are an idiot.

Turn the table around and see all these stupid men here telling her to dump you that she deserves a better man.

Life is too short to waste your life with one hoe who is cheating on you.

Those kids ll move on as soon as you pass on. Trust me, I have seen it so many times.

Listen, there would never be peace in that house cos she doesn't love you anymore. The whole lust has faded away hence all her reactions towards you.

She is only staying too cos of those 4 children. Take those 4 kids out of scheme of things and see your black ass being dumped.

Let me even shock you about wife family, forget what they say or do in your presence but conscious of what goes on behind your back, speaking from experience.

To revive this type of situation with hope that things will change is like waiting for your mother to become USA president.

your happiness should be your priority.

Trust me, even the men who are presently dying in their marriage here ll tell you to carry on with it or better still, they ll ask you to pray. Stop fooling yourself. Move on but ensure you stay in touch with your children.

There are thousands of ladies out there that ll treat you like a king if you choose to

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by jefy(m): 5:57am On Jun 29, 2017
What a big terrible shoe! Hum,certainly. I once took this path,and trust me,the situation is hopeless. You cant change a dirty smelly pig,it will mess up your thoughts and drive you to sucide..Your kids need you,when they grow up,they will understand...That lady will not go if you ask her to. Bro biko,relocate to a place unknown,divorce her,start your life anew,and give those kids the best...

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi

Do you work? Do you have a job? That makes everything worse. Honestly it's her personality and she isn't going to change. I have the same personality and my hubby has learned to deal with it. If he wants to leave, he can but I still won't change. He just laughs and waits for his dinner most days.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by olumig(m): 6:01am On Jun 29, 2017
Bros check the paternity of those children, live your life, ignore her totally and if the children are yours shower your love on them, enjoy life .
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Celdanstar: 6:01am On Jun 29, 2017
Your wife needs spiritual help., some men out there have reconfigured her mentality, she enjoys their company and attention at your expense, take her to TB Joshua, nothing is impossible with God.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by CHARLOE(m): 6:03am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
the truth is dat she does occasionally like once in six weeks come to my room if I am sleeping for sex, afterwards, she is gone
Once in six weeks? Bro do dna on ur kids ASAP! I could swear with my left ball ur wife's cheating on u!
D solution' tell her n her family u want a divorce, if she's still interested she'll change, else dump her sorry ass.
And don't forget, do d dna.test.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by oodua1stson: 6:04am On Jun 29, 2017
If everything you listed here is true then it's time she kick rock.....

Get another woman, life is short
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 29, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Rent an apartment and move in with your kids. Make it explicitly clear that she will be welcomed there if she changes. And if she doesn't change , remind her to initiate the divorce proceedings and serve you the goddamn papers.
This is your best solutions: rent an apartment, if she refuses your kids following you, don't worry go but never you allow her into your new apartment unless she agrees to change. I have 4 closes married friends having exactly similar issues. They solved it this way.
I feel your pain
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Lloydfolarin: 6:05am On Jun 29, 2017
PaperLace:
This is what happens when you try to do the job of a therapist.

Marriage is not a rehabilitation centre for dysfunctional people _ don't go marrying people with the plans of changing them in marriage.

I pity the innocent kids you brought into all this, such emotional trauma from a mother that should be loving. I won't say you should divorce her, but I am very concerned about the well being of your kids. The way she lashes out at them with insults isn't good for their psyche. I am sure you know that. You owed them the duty of getting he best mum, something you've failed on. You might wanna consider removing them from that environment for the time being _till you fix the mess you created.

Encourage her to go for counselling, something you should have advised her to do 11yrs ago, instead you put a ring on it.
That woman needs to heal.

God punish you scumbag for blaming this dude again despite what he has been through.

Shut the Bleep up and bleep off Cunt.

Therapist my foot!!!

What you fools don't know is that when love or lust fades away, no amount of Therapists or counselling ll change that. They might pretend at beginning as if the counselling is working but with time, reality ll set in again...

The only solution to loveless relationship or marriage is separation. I know it's a hard choice and decision but it pays off when you are finally out.

Trust me, 90% of men in marriage are going through the same thing as we chat here.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Lightening: 6:06am On Jun 29, 2017
dadde:
Such a touching story. I would like to ask if this woman has always been like this before u married her. If yes. It means she has not settle some issues with herself or she's not emotionally ready to be married or to be sub missive. You should dig deep into her past to see what has happened to her or someone so close to her in a marriage. She could be struggling with some of the baggage of her past.

Furthermore, if she was not like that before, it appears something went wrong at the early days of the marriage. It could be the husband has probably done something wrong to her which precipitated such attitudes. People don't just change without a trigger. It's impossible for a man to shower love on her wife and she begin to put up strange attitudes. If you can identify to source the problem is half solved. Thanks

It is very possible for a man to shower love on his wife and gets attitude in return. Women don't take kindly to weak men. They so detest them that even their love is abused. If the OP can do something crazy to the marriage, you will see that power will change hands immediately. The woman certainly knows what she is doing and enjoys the intimidating effects it has on her husband. Just kick her out (with her kids if she insist) and give her 6 months, her head will reset automatically.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by chalerea(m): 6:07am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:

I will advise that while praying for her, isolate her completely. If possible, relocate with your children a another place where she will not be able to find you guys.

If your story is completely true I think the woman is in love with another man. Her real passion burns for another man.

The worst part is that you are a weak man and have lost control over your own home which is one of the worst thing a man can allow to happen. You cannot regain this control by peace and this is the pure truth except by war. She will only obey a superior power in form of strength or love. If she is in love with you she will obey you easily or if you are more tougher than her then you can control her. The war am talking about is not about fighting or beating her but tactical emotional and mind game. But first of all, despair with your children from her and see her reactions. You will be surprised how fast you will begin to win your home back if the woman truly loves you.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by DWJOBScom(m): 6:07am On Jun 29, 2017
MadCow1:

Please take a trip or a holiday to a nice place all alone. Relax, kick back and think your situation through. Be honest with yourself. Are there things you do she complains about that you have not stopped. Make sure to do a wholesome review of your marriage and try to find out when things changed. What caused the changes and what have you done to fix them. You don't have to be right.

Also try marriage counselling from a professional counsellor (not your church or Pastor). A vacation for just the both of you may also be nice where you guys can sit in a relaxed atmosphere and talk.

If your assessment and efforts still brings you to the conclusion that you have not done anything to deserve her behaviour and you are certain you have exhausted all possible means of resolution then do what you think is right for you and the kids.

Life is too short to live in a perpetual state of unhappiness especially in ones home.

Best of luck.

MadCow

You know am a fan right?

3 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by linearity: 6:08am On Jun 29, 2017
lalanice:
I've read a similar story before, makes me feel this story is made up.

There are 7.2b people on earth, a quarter of those are couples; and why do you think, the thunder only strike in one place?
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by kelvinos2002(m): 6:10am On Jun 29, 2017
No love at all.... bros, move before she move you.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by bayulll011(m): 6:20am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
I know I was at fault at the beginning for not me, before 6 months the relationship has gone sour.

Our father has seen it all,they said That the fact woman gave u kids doesn't mean she can't kill u,I for once will walk away from any marriage that's not working or refuse to work my brother is a known fact you married your enemy the only way u can divorce her is if you caught her cheating cos am going biblically,I.wish that marriage can still work
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by vickykeyz(m): 6:20am On Jun 29, 2017
she's from Imo state I guess
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Daboomb: 6:22am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need you advice before I finally end this marriage...........

All these silly grown "BOYS" that should still be under their Parents, learning how to deal with a relationship, forming "I am married"!
If after all what you stated, you dont know what to do and you are coming online to ask for advice, then you dont even deserve to be married in the first place.

Nonsense, manufactured stories
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by dfo12(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2017
lalanice:
I've read a similar story before, makes me feel this story is made up.

Similar things happen to different people. Nothing is new in this world.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by 2shure: 6:26am On Jun 29, 2017
I used to av a gf like that
Lazy
Arrogant
Useless.
Baba just end it.
Sex means nothing to women.
Women got nothing to offer.
Id rather remain single
Than to get married
Have kids
And still be miserable

2 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Heineken(m): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2017
Nawao....things dey happen sha. Make God no give us bad wife.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 29, 2017
A lesson to learn...
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by OTEGA1: 6:35am On Jun 29, 2017
Guy run for dear life.U are dying slowly in try to hold wat is broken.....

U will look older Dan ur age and will soon start seeing d effect of over thinking if u no get high bp already..

Wen ur health becomes complicated she will abandon u to die u won't believe she abandon u with all d lov u shown..

Run and stay alive make hail while d sun shine

Word enough for d wise
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by slysteel: 6:38am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:

Why are you here complaining,you are your own problem,stay there dey look am make she go get boyfriend outside,wait till its too late to stamp your authority,keep wasting your time complaining here,you need to wake up and enjoy quarreling her,you need to stop being a good guy and go get yourself a girlfriend and become very out going.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Ayomel(m): 6:42am On Jun 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You will hate me if I tell you the truth..

But I didn't start typing this just to please you.

That your wife that treats you like trash melts at the sight of another man,
I doubt she has called you petnames in recent times but I can swear on Mungo Park's grave that she calls another man pet names

She locks herself up in another room right? I'd tell you why...it's because she is either masturbating or having nude videocalls with one of her many social media, 'abroad-based' young lovers.

You want to sound like a good nice man, but Mr Man, you are a sissy...no real woman wants a sissy. They want a man who can exert his authority on them, in the home, on the bed, everywhere!!!!

Your wife leaves the house out of anger IMAGINE THAT NONSENSE!!!..where do you think she goes to? You think she goes for Night vigil at SYNAGOGUE Ikotun abi....she is in the house of one small fûckboy moaning his roof down and cursing the day she met you.

From the way you are going, very soon she'd give you the towel to hold while she bathes with another man in your bathroom.
I'm sure the few times she let's you touch her, she calls out another man's name.

Nwoke m, mepe anya!!!

Open your eyes and be a man

That dangling rod in between your leg is not for fancy, use it and cane some sense into her.
Use it and drive away the evil spirit out of her.
If you aren't so good, then use a real cane
Come on man. This is too much for him
He want help because he want to know if his stupid.
Yes. You are not just stupid but crazy.

Simple solution.
Do u have you have a good job? If not man disappear
Go away far far away from her because u are already a dead man. She doesn't need you and when she gets tired of seeing you she will eliminate you.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 29, 2017
If all you said is true,I want to ask,what are you still doing with her?,throw her out your kids will fare better without such a toxic mother around. She needs psychiatric help and some anger management class
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by wasiuom: 6:46am On Jun 29, 2017
Readers, this is super story. It is not real. After 4 kids and you claimed that the woman did not allow you to have sex with her @ 99% degree. Where did the 4 kids come from?How do you expect me to believe that this news is not fabricated? I also notice that you lack the skill to manage a woman. Yes, every woman needs pampers and cares, which is lacking in this cock and bull news... You can have sex an unlimited times with your wife, if you know her turn on, for 11years, you don't know how to seduce your wife. Bross, you are weak and lacking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Husband Faints In Labour Room / 'I Fall Ill Because My Husband Starves Me Of Sex' - Sex Starved Housewife / Nigerian Lady Throws A Divorce Party, Celebrates With Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.