Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? (71311 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Are They Taking Me For Granted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by iamHighDee(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2017
Sir, your wife needs help. Search deep and try to find out the one person she would never turn down or disrespect. That's the person that needs to reach out to her. Try one more time and give it a year (you've been married for 11 years so I guess a year more wouldn't hurt). Even though on the surface it might seem like she's slowly growing to be a huge pain in the butt, sit down, take a pen and write down a few things about her. What she was like before you guys got married, the things you loved about her (then and now), the things she keeps complaining about etc.
You might need to be firm on this one. Show her you have nothing to lose if worst comes to worst. Talk sense into her head but be careful about how you go about it.

lisbonabdulahi:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need you advice before I finally end this marriage.
I know I was at fault at the beginning for not stamping my authority , I showed her so much love, because she is a product of a broken home, I wanted her to know there is much more to life, now she has turned my love to foolishness, I do not want my kids to grow up without a father. That is why I have been very patient, but now … please read on.

I have been married for 11 years, with 4 kids. The truth is that we have never had really peace in the home for these years, everything is trouble, from the way I talk, eat, dress, use the toilet and sleep, just name them. The situation has been bad from the beginning, but the last three years has been hell for me and the kids, my wife shouts and complain over everything, she cannot go one full day with Joy, there is always one thing that annoys her, she has to be right on all issues, The very sad part is that whenever she does anything wrong and I ask her, there will be trouble, she will refuse to speak with me for as long as she like. We can go for weeks without really speaking with each other she enjoys it, she does not just bother at all. Each time these things happen, I am always the one that try to initiate peace.

I will like to give only one example to summarise everything going on in my home: two years ago, she will just leave the home without telling me, I called her and told her it is not right, she replied me promptly that it is her life, I can’t control her, and it is my life as well, I should do whatever I like with it. well I thought it was anger, however, I never mind, anytime I want to leave, I make sure I tell her till one day she called me and tell me that even if I keep informing her about my movements, that she is not going to change, she is not under any obligation to tell me where she is going to. My people, for two years counting now, that is how we have been doing it, we just leave without telling each other. BUT OCCASSIONALLY FOR SOME REASONS I DON’T KNOW, SHE WILL JUST TELL ME SHE IS GOING OUT TO XYZ.

She always insults me and even the kids, for any mistake they make and she never fails to tell them that they did not inherit their bad character from her, that they inherited their character from me, she says this consistently even when I am there. There is no insult she has not poured on me, I have had to explain to her mother severally but the woman is simply helpless, her mother is dead scared of her. She exhibited some of these characters during our two years of courtship, but her mother and some brethren advised that she will change after marriage. She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door. She stopped me from sleeping in same room with her, when I asked why, shy did not say anything but after 4 months she said it was because I was snoring at night. Trust me anytime I am opportune to make love to her I make sure she climaxes…

It is so bad that even her sisters sometimes rebuke her in my presence, presently, she is not in talking terms with any of her siblings, and this has been on for the past three years. I am stuck with this lady, her mother cannot talk to her, no family member she respects. She is a loner.
To the extent that she makes friends and they always break up, she has no real close friends, even if they are close, trust me, before 6 months the relationship has gone sour.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by dowjones(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2017
Guyman02:

Not made up perhaps, I am facing near similar scenario and want to see matured opinion on the issue.
If you check the time I am reading and posting this is not because I want to be awake but because I spend a lot of time thinking, my wife is inconsiderate, my kids school fees is due, she has money but won't support and the responsibilities are much for me alone with meagre income etc

But why? I'm curious to know why men marry terrible women. How does it even happen

This same thing is happening to a friend's brother. MTN collapse has made the man a little broke but the wife has tens of millions in the account won't provide one naira.

Even their kids have been in Nigeria since last year because they can't pay school fees on the UK. Which she forced the husband to take them to.

Can you share with me why you actually married her in the first place?
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by atkenzie(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2017
A man of God ones said "you don't prepare in marriage,you prepare for marriage" more also the second worst thing in life after Hel fire is a broken marriage.Give her time wen she gets to the climax of her behaviour she will calm down
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Prettyenit18(f): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2017
cry I doubt any counseling would solve that woman's problem, she enjoy's who she is and she's not going to change it's the op that needs to change I.e stop caring so much.
PaperLace:
This is what happens when you try to do the job of a therapist.

Marriage is not a rehabilitation centre for dysfunctional people _ don't go marrying people with the plans of changing them in marriage.

I pity the innocent kids you brought into all this, such emotional trauma from a mother that should be loving. I won't say you should divorce her, but I am very concerned about the well being of your kids. The way she lashes out at them with insults isn't good for their psyche. I am sure you know that. You owed them the duty of getting he best mum, something you've failed on. You might wanna consider removing them from that environment for the time being _till you fix the mess you created.

Encourage her to go for counselling, something you should have advised her to do 11yrs ago, instead you put a ring on it.
That woman needs to heal.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by aycorporat(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2017
toksbisola:
@OP; hmmm how sad. IMHO, you’re a bit too soft; (no offence) toughen up a bit as your wife have wrapped you round her little finger (she has seen you finish; as in no respect what so ever). Aside that, there’re two important things you need to know when dealing with women viz;

1) Never ever let a woman know/sense that you love her more than she loves you. If you do you’re game. Your wife knows that, hence a possible reason for her mis-behaviour.
2) Never ever let a woman know what your weak point is as a man. If she knows it, you’re game. Your wife knows that you can’t do without her, hence another possible reason for her mis-behaviour.

The thing that upset me the most is that you saw this entire attitude in her during your 2 year courtship and you still went ahead and married her, thinking she would change right? WRONG MOVE. I suspect your wife is pretty or earns more than you which could be other reasons you couldn’t let her go; aside the fact of her nasty attitude and the other things you mentioned.

What baffled me the most was why you and your wife decided to bring 4 innocent children into a toxic environment. Another surprising thing is the fact that your wife was this nasty and you had the 1st child, then her nastiness continued; you had the 2nd child, then it got even worst; you had the 3rd child and the nastiness graduated and you subsequently had the 4th child. What on earth was going on why you couldn’t sort out the chaotic situation currently existing in the home front before you started popping out babies like they were going out of fashion? (I’m not judging you) I’m just bemused.

From another angle, you have painted your wife as a monster (excuse my language) but painted yourself as an innocent person which I find hard to believe. If your wife were to come here and say her part of the story, it mostly likely would be slightly different from your version as there are always 3 sides to a story; your side, their side and the truth.

Just to digress, a husband came here to describe the wife as a nasty piece of work and kept his side of the story squeaky clean until his wife found out about the thread and came here to say her side of the story. Needless to say, the people who were calling her a bad wife when they heard the husbands' side of the story shifted the blame to her husband when they heard the wifes' side of the story and instead started calling him the bad one as the wife mentioned terrible things the husband had done to her which the husband left out when he narrated his own side of the story. HOPE YOU GET WHERE I AM GOING.

Moving forward, there is only one question you need to ask your wife and the answer to that question would determine what to do next. Ask your wife DOES SHE STIIL WANT THIS MARRIAGE? If she answers YES you know what to do but if she says NO you know what to do. No one can tell you whether to leave or stay; that’s your call entirely as only you wear the shoes and only you know where it pinches the most.

You and your wife have set a very bad precedent for your kids. That said, one piece of advice I’ll give you about the kids is this; as they grow older and get into the dating game, endeavour (just a suggestion) to use the example of you and their mum to teach them that when they see things they are not happy with during courtship, it should be addressed immediately. If the person with the problematic attitude isn’t willing to change then they should run faster than Usain Bolt as what you know you can’t take during courtship, would only get worse (if not corrected) after marriage.

Lesson learnt to all others who are courting and hoping the relationship would lead to marraige

1) Never ever marry anyone out of pity simply because you have been with them for a long time and you don’t want them to lose out.

2) Marry for true love so that when the challenges start occurring in the marital bond, (and best believe challenges would arise) the love both of you have built up would be able to withstand the ups and downs that would occur; take note that MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES.

I rest my case
Waoh. Nice one Sir. Can you give me the link to that thread Sir?

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 29, 2017
The worst we can ever do in life marry someone who knows not the value of love. There are some key traits you have to be careful of out here if you want to build a sustainable marraige

1. Avoid spouses that abuse parents and family to get back at you
2. Avoid spouses that use kids as weapons against you.
3. Avoid anyone who doesn't love you but doesn't have the courage to let you go in peace. Some keep Leaving things behind forcing you interact eventually to get rid of it some of it is for selfish entertainment some for evil purposes to remain valid
4. Avoid anyone that feels that because things didn't work out with you it won't for anyone else so they have to paint you bad to the world.
5. Avoid anyone who is capable of emotional revenge and bringingg you down emotionally to satisfy themselves and their new love
6.Don't force anyone who is not willing to meet you halfway in love don't even express it to them sadly not everyone's heart is conditioned for love
7. Lastly be careful hope you treat those you date you set yourself up for a hopeless marraige if you haven't loved honestly and truthfully.

There are people we want to move mountains for that isn't part of Gods plan so instead of flowing along we pitch tent and expend energy on a faulty foundation.

For your kids it's worth smoothening the relationship
If your wife doesn't exhibit any of the listed then this it's just a personality clash counseling could help but if she does have traits like above you both need to sit down

Yesterday I was begging for closure on a matter but to my surprise they won't offer that because they are not ready for it but they are ready to delay your life though and torment you but not take that concerete step towards giving you another fresh start it's selfishness and that is an enemy of love. this issue is one that didn't really need to drag on for this long it's painful because you love them and spiritually you want what's best for them because you can see the decline but they have to say want it too. They have to want to be better for love it's not enough that you want it .

Two people met somewhere person A had nothing on person so person B helped person A . Person A always had a special affection for person B since then now when person B hits a bad time person A steps in out of love to assist person B proving comfort and emotional stability until when person B meets person C person B now begins to break person A's spirit with insults and rejection because of person C person A is distraught and seals up affection for Person B but is never quite able to say no when person B has to provide for his child. Person A is rejected and publically humiliated by Person B and person C the influence of their toxic love person B's sudden disdain for person A is so apparent many wonder what happened because she doesn't even love person B. Now time passes and person B is jobless and approaches person A for help skeptical of the past person A doesn't want to be at the center of the job quest but will gladly forward all the contacts they know to assist person B. They do so and copy person B for a job opportunity. One day because of the frustrations of a bad relationship with person C who y'all can remember brought the spirit of attack and the insults that were first showered on Person A During a normal argument person B gets angry and copies every business contact meant for building of B and insults person A to her colleagues and bosses. Person B is just using the same methods Person C used to establish herself in his life. Person A cannot believe it that that one gesture she reluctantly did he turned and used to hurt her again. She gets on her knees and prays. She loses her job and travels out She is replaced while away. years later person C and Person B fall out and C kicks out B and person A once again is called to assist person B everyone in person A's life is in objection that he doesn't deserve any help and that he has already betrayed you twice in the past but Person A doesn't listen Person A can't stand seeing Person B suffer especially since she as seen the devastation of choosing the wrong Love but she does she goes to pick him from Person C's house where Person C made a scene and called police. person A risked her life and reputation to help Person B ...he moves into her home temporarily in transition. Person A thinks the worst is over till Person C and person B get back together again and once again she is in the middle in the home person B begins to resent person A and how good she has it though she stepped in only to help and out of love he decides to leave property behind and storm off not before abusing her mother to her face.

Person A gets her job back though it's not a paying position by earning it and the respect back from her colleagues while Person B is still trying to build with Person C

I am Person A I have been in your shoes

Person B has no job now but more importantly Person B failed to see Person A just was there by divine intervention each time not selfish interest but he didn't care because he is so focused on building on the wrong foundation that person C offers.

Choose love wisely not everyone has the strength to stay fighting for good love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by MissGracy(f): 8:01am On Jun 29, 2017
> Proverbs 21:9
Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages.
About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy |
Terms of Use | Media Kit
© 2004 - 2015 by Bible Hub
New International Version
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by dinggle: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2017
But you be yeye man oh! You are alive and a woman is mentally abusing your kids...in the name of "wife" and torturing you, as Nigeria is with the mental abuse we receive from our politicians so you still get home to suffer?.... Divorce the idiot......wetin you dey ask us 4 again. Na nash you marry no be woman...because she no get head.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2017
fluxbush:
This your case is very strong. If all you say is true, then you have really tried your best. Don't come and kill yourself for another person. You aren't new to house chores and staying celibate for long periods of time,so you won't miss her much when you tell her to leave. Tell your wife to leave and get help. It isn't only when a person strips naked that we say he he or she has a mental problem. Such environment is even unhealthy for your kids to grow up in. Insist that she must get help, whether spiritual or psychological. We don't want to wake up one day and read the news that a wife killed her entire family. It's better to be happy alone than miserable for an entire lifetime. If she really wants the marriage to work,she will carry her legs,seek help and come back to you.

Again, as I always say, divorce isn't as bad as people paint it. If all has been exhausted, divorce her ass biko.

This makes sense.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Manutd19: 8:11am On Jun 29, 2017
Always two side to a story like this. I doubt the man is saying the while truth. This sides of the story only pointed out his good and the woman's bad ways.........not complete jare. I know this kinda story wella, the man is hiding his own flaws here.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need you advice before I finally end this marriage.
I know I was at fault at the beginning for not stamping my authority , I showed her so much love, because she is a product of a broken home, I wanted her to know there is much more to life, now she has turned my love to foolishness, I do not want my kids to grow up without a father. That is why I have been very patient, but now … please read on.

I have been married for 11 years, with 4 kids. The truth is that we have never had really peace in the home for these years, everything is trouble, from the way I talk, eat, dress, use the toilet and sleep, just name them. The situation has been bad from the beginning, but the last three years has been hell for me and the kids, my wife shouts and complain over everything, she cannot go one full day with Joy, there is always one thing that annoys her, she has to be right on all issues, The very sad part is that whenever she does anything wrong and I ask her, there will be trouble, she will refuse to speak with me for as long as she like. We can go for weeks without really speaking with each other she enjoys it, she does not just bother at all. Each time these things happen, I am always the one that try to initiate peace.

I will like to give only one example to summarise everything going on in my home: two years ago, she will just leave the home without telling me, I called her and told her it is not right, she replied me promptly that it is her life, I can’t control her, and it is my life as well, I should do whatever I like with it. well I thought it was anger, however, I never mind, anytime I want to leave, I make sure I tell her till one day she called me and tell me that even if I keep informing her about my movements, that she is not going to change, she is not under any obligation to tell me where she is going to. My people, for two years counting now, that is how we have been doing it, we just leave without telling each other. BUT OCCASSIONALLY FOR SOME REASONS I DON’T KNOW, SHE WILL JUST TELL ME SHE IS GOING OUT TO XYZ.

She always insults me and even the kids, for any mistake they make and she never fails to tell them that they did not inherit their bad character from her, that they inherited their character from me, she says this consistently even when I am there. There is no insult she has not poured on me, I have had to explain to her mother severally but the woman is simply helpless, her mother is dead scared of her. She exhibited some of these characters during our two years of courtship, but her mother and some brethren advised that she will change after marriage. She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door. She stopped me from sleeping in same room with her, when I asked why, shy did not say anything but after 4 months she said it was because I was snoring at night. Trust me anytime I am opportune to make love to her I make sure she climaxes…

It is so bad that even her sisters sometimes rebuke her in my presence, presently, she is not in talking terms with any of her siblings, and this has been on for the past three years. I am stuck with this lady, her mother cannot talk to her, no family member she respects. She is a loner.
To the extent that she makes friends and they always break up, she has no real close friends, even if they are close, trust me, before 6 months the relationship has gone sour.

Truth! Your wife had a terrible childhood/adolescence. She trusted at an early age and got burnt. In one of my sessions as a marriage counsellor and attorney, I met a young couple that were having issues in their marriage.
Both from broken homes. The woman was so damage there was nothing llike trust for any man in her dictionary not even her husband who was determined to keep the marriage cos he didn't want his marriage to end up like that of his parents.
The woman was far worse than yours. She would yell, cry , starve herself, smoke, drink. All manner of attitiude that the husband sought divorce before we met.
And we were able to get her to talk about her past especially. Childhood. We discovered she had a lot of stuffs from the past buried deep down. She just couldn't open up to nobody except her mother who was far worse than herself.
She is still a work in progress and she is recovering fast.
My point is this, just suprise her and suggest you wanna take her out. Have a heart to heart discussing with her . She needs help, only you can help her . She is fighting so many battles you don't understand. She is fighting against the world . She is hurting and taking it out on you and the kids.
Does she love you ? Absolutely. But she cannot express that love cos she does not know how to. She needs to heal first. Help her love and trust again. It's not gonna be easy. Seek a therapist if need be or a pastor she respects.
She has serious trust issues. She can't trust nobody not even you cos of the abusive past. She is used to being hurt and you loving her makes you an enemy.
I once met a lady who couldn't leave an abusive relationship and could keep a non abusive relationship cos that was how she knew to leave. She even confessed that she only enjoys sex when the boyfriend beats her up before the make up sex.
We knew she needed help . A dig into the past revealed she was violently abused by her step father and her mother did nothing about it. It could be that you yourself have even triggered some reaction unknowingly.
The best solution is get her to talk about her past voluntarily.
Not until she lets go of the past and she hurts she is suffering, she won't get better.
Pm me if you need assistance. Thanks.

N:B. If you have been judging her, stop it. If she is angry, scared or shy of talking about the past , understand her and be patience with her but be persistent. Don't give up. Just keep apologising and getting her comfortable enough to talk about it. She might have been sexually abused too and the family did nothing about it and you might have also judged her in the past unknowingly.
She can't keep friendship too. Means she can't reveal what she burying deep down, except she can trust you.
Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by edlion57(m): 8:14am On Jun 29, 2017
toksbisola:
@OP; hmmm how sad. IMHO, you’re a bit too soft; (no offence) toughen up a bit as your wife have wrapped you round her little finger (she has seen you finish; as in no respect what so ever). Aside that, there’re two important things you need to know when dealing with women viz;

1) Never ever let a woman know/sense that you love her more than she loves you. If you do you’re game. Your wife knows that, hence a possible reason for her mis-behaviour.
2) Never ever let a woman know what your weak point is as a man. If she knows it, you’re game. Your wife knows that you can’t do without her, hence another possible reason for her mis-behaviour.

The thing that upset me the most is that you saw this entire attitude in her during your 2 year courtship and you still went ahead and married her, thinking she would change right? WRONG MOVE. I suspect your wife is pretty or earns more than you which could be other reasons you couldn’t let her go; aside the fact of her nasty attitude and the other things you mentioned.

What baffled me the most was why you and your wife decided to bring 4 innocent children into a toxic environment. Another surprising thing is the fact that your wife was this nasty and you had the 1st child, then her nastiness continued; you had the 2nd child, then it got even worst; you had the 3rd child and the nastiness graduated and you subsequently had the 4th child. What on earth was going on why you couldn’t sort out the chaotic situation currently existing in the home front before you started popping out babies like they were going out of fashion? (I’m not judging you) I’m just bemused.

From another angle, you have painted your wife as a monster (excuse my language) but painted yourself as an innocent person which I find hard to believe. If your wife were to come here and say her part of the story, it mostly likely would be slightly different from your version as there are always 3 sides to a story; your side, their side and the truth.

Just to digress, a husband came here to describe the wife as a nasty piece of work and kept his side of the story squeaky clean until his wife found out about the thread and came here to say her side of the story. Needless to say, the people who were calling her a bad wife when they heard the husbands' side of the story shifted the blame to her husband when they heard the wifes' side of the story and instead started calling him the bad one as the wife mentioned terrible things the husband had done to her which the husband left out when he narrated his own side of the story. HOPE YOU GET WHERE I AM GOING.

Moving forward, there is only one question you need to ask your wife and the answer to that question would determine what to do next. Ask your wife DOES SHE STIIL WANT THIS MARRIAGE? If she answers YES you know what to do but if she says NO you know what to do. No one can tell you whether to leave or stay; that’s your call entirely as only you wear the shoes and only you know where it pinches the most.

You and your wife have set a very bad precedent for your kids. That said, one piece of advice I’ll give you about the kids is this; as they grow older and get into the dating game, endeavour (just a suggestion) to use the example of you and their mum to teach them that when they see things they are not happy with during courtship, it should be addressed immediately. If the person with the problematic attitude isn’t willing to change then they should run faster than Usain Bolt as what you know you can’t take during courtship, would only get worse (if not corrected) after marriage.

Lesson learnt to all others who are courting and hoping the relationship would lead to marraige

1) Never ever marry anyone out of pity simply because you have been with them for a long time and you don’t want them to lose out.

2) Marry for true love so that when the challenges start occurring in the marital bond, (and best believe challenges would arise) the love both of you have built up would be able to withstand the ups and downs that would occur; take note that MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES.

I rest my case
my brother u are wise
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by henrycantona(m): 8:14am On Jun 29, 2017
Thank God say u fit achieve one thing in her life that's to make her cuuuum you strong man jare grin
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by ollamy22: 8:15am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:

Sir, if i may advise you, this is the time to take the bull by the horn and make it clear that you are the man of the house. all these emotional advises will lead you to no where.

First, you need to change your apartment and get a smaller one to the one you currently occupy. for whatever reason, dont ever participate in cooking food for the family and stop all the house chores you have chosen for yourself. be more authoritative and never go violent. bros, please take the lead from there on

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by ngwababe(f): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
As I am typing now, she is praying in her room

May God forgive her. Bros, its well!
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by nuele(m): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
thanks, but the cost of that perseverance though cry cry cry cry cry

Actually, dt was a retype of the original message, it failed to deliver, was lazy to retype thus summarized that, was so excited you noted my humble advice thus wud unleash another remix.

Again, I really commend your perseverance and proper understanding of the concept of considerations (seeing ur considerations for ur kids, many won't this far).

I would like to ask you this(rhetoric), would you be very happy if she repent of her ways and be the your amazing wife?

Sure u would and would accept her back, implying the problem is her present behaviours, thus if she changes, you fine, thus the question of the real problem indentified.

Brother, you in a challenging time, its unfortunate but yes u are, its a problem just like an unfortunate ailment, it occurred, what to do now is seeking endless solutions options as you don't know what would yield the exact result you want just like one would do seeking cure for an ailments.

The underlying point is its a life time commitment, no way out. You are in it bro, and forever in the marriage. With this in mind you need to handle this as a man you are, from what I could gather from your wordings, you are a the real man, and be that man you are, saying this cos you would need courage to pass through this, less I forget, more perseverance(s).

So as I said, be less anxious and avoid being radical as some might have advise, a self-controlled person better and more noble and greater than a victorious warrior. Take things calm acknowledge u in a soup lol, but endure it bro, I mean till whenever, I pray and strongly believe won't be long, even God self, seeing this from you would help u out, that's depending on ur motives, but I understand u a sincere one, so he wud help u.

Before I suggest some helpful solutions trials, let me say this, if the situation was the other way round and you see her doing this for you, won't you be elated, I feel we men could b selfish lol, so that is it bro.

Try the following bro,

1. Give her space.
Pls do this, would help her think more, and retrospectively, don't bug her, engaging her in quarrels, pls don't, ensure after it all you look back and beat your chest with distinction.

2. Stop reporting her in ways that she sees as vindictive, judgemental and making her devilish.
Bro, that isn't true, I believe for you to have married her if she was as above, then lol u try. Remember u can explore !more respectful ways of reporting her, let's say her pastor, parent (not junior sisters o, but can be elder she regards, since u said she isn't in good times with them,u might have to suspend that), but try to, to someone mature or elderly she would highly regard.

3. Pray to God who instituted it, and said its a good thing.

4. Be very nice, cordial and thoughtful, you are a very intelligent person (pls don't ask me how I knew lol), and very important creative, get her unaware lol, she won't know how she fell into smiling then laughing, man man man, win her all over again, let her know you dt man that can win her heart anytime, any day and anyways lol.

5. Rebrand yourself.
Bro, if there is something u doing that makes her disrespect you, pls that needs to stop, example example o no be real o lol, let's say the guy is into immoral habits, eg porn, irresponsibilities, late nights, drunkenness, lies, etc this might make her feel she has nothing to lose from the guy aka no respect, so pls bro, I know u don't sound like one, just giving extreme examples yours can b little versions of the above but same family.

6. Bro take it from there.....

In my conclusion, bro you a man, be a man, be strong, calm and calculative, don't blame anything or anyone, also remember her background that might av affected her, I tell u u can change that, give the world a story, make an impact in your generation, let people also benefit from your feats lol not just enjoying and deriving courage from others own. In all be less anxious, have fun(no be wahala bringing type o) infact do that with your kids to avoid her thinking its with another, also that way it won't affect them too, before we begin addressing another in future, God forbid in Jesus name, I pray the Almighty God would see you through, Amen cheers bro.

Should you be interested in reaching me, let me drop my mail.

nueleita@gmail.com (Anyone can mail lol@ spammers).

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by ikukuhero: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2017
Sir, who foots the bills in the home? Who pays the rent, fees, bills, buys groceries, etc? Are you financially responsible for the upkeep of your family? Are you morally upright - I mean, not cheating on her? Ask your wife why she disrespects you so much. If she chased you out of her room and 4 months later told you why ( but wait o, how a whole able bodied man go allow his wife, woman wey e pay bride price put her head chase am commit from his own room? This man sounds like a real weakling), then , there must be a reason behind her disrespect towards you. Maybe something you're doing is triggering her anger and keeps triggering it. If she's not the one singlehandedly fending for the family, then, ask her if she still wants the marriage or not. If no good response from her, then, take a break from her for a while. I mean just separate and move out of the house for a while. That may give her enough room to do some soul searching. But, if she's the one carrying the financial burden in the house, sorry man, you're in soup! She's got you real bad. She's never gonna change towards you.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by debedebe(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:

Same is happening to me right now.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by humilitypays(m): 8:35am On Jun 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You will hate me if I tell you the truth..

But I didn't start typing this just to please you.

That your wife that treats you like trash melts at the sight of another man,
I doubt she has called you petnames in recent times but I can swear on Mungo Park's grave that she calls another man pet names.

She locks herself up in another room right? I'd tell you why...it's because she is either masturbating or having nude videocalls with one of her many social media, 'abroad-based' young lovers.

You want to sound like a good nice man, but Mr Man, you are a sissy...no real woman wants a sissy. They want a man who can exert his authority on them, in the home, on the bed, everywhere!!!!

Your wife leaves the house out of anger IMAGINE THAT NONSENSE!!!..where do you think she goes to? You think she goes for Night vigil at SYNAGOGUE Ikotun abi....she is in the house of one small fûckboy moaning his roof down and cursing the day she met you.

From the way you are going, very soon she'd give you the towel to hold while she bathes with another man in your bathroom.
I'm sure the few times she let's you touch her, she calls out another man's name.

Nwoke m, mepe anya!!!

Open your eyes and be a man

That dangling rod in between your leg is not for fancy, use it and cane some sense into her.
Use it and drive away the evil spirit out of her.
If you aren't so good, then use a real cane
I was just shaking my head while reading some comments above yours. You told the op the saddest truth!

I know some bad guys; they are doing many super hot married ladies‎, and most are based abroad.

Nigerian ladies go gaga for young bo‎ys living abroad or young successful guys living alone in Nigeria.

If you are a married man reading this, pls if your wife exhibit any nonsense character as posted by the op, plz divorce her, don't pity her or listen to any counselor nonsense!

Many married ladies are sleeping around nowadays and playing their hubby, don't ever condone that, divorce the woman to go and marry her young lover!

Don't marry any girl who doesn't see u as her hero o!! Marry the lady who worships u, respects u, obeys u, trembles at your sight and smiles when u are talking with other people!

Don't marry any girl u begged to accept your marriage proposal! If Miss A rejects your proposal, abeg smile, laugh and go for Miss B, and if Miss B refuses, Miss C might even be hotter and more better, don't beg any girl to marry you, every man is a king that ought to be worshipped, call me a mysogenist it's alright!‎

For any marriage to work, woman suppose love the man more! Take it or leave it!‎ Don't marry a woman u love more than she loves u, she will frustrate your life!

2 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by RockyEyo(m): 8:37am On Jun 29, 2017
banjicom:
I believe all this things that keeps happening is all your faults, you saw all the signs before your married her thinking she will change but she keeps getting worst. Now you will have to do it the hard way by choosing your choice.

Beautiful SOLUTION
As though he didn't kw the challenge already........
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Biggers82(m): 8:38am On Jun 29, 2017
[b][/b]That Woman will kill you one day
just mind you that she have another man out their and all this you see her doing is telling you that she want a divorce so that she can join that man but if you refused the plan B is to kill you so run for your life That Woman will kill you one day
just mind you that she have another man out their and all this you see her doing is telling you that she want a divorce so that she can join that man but if you refused the plan B is to kill you so run for your life
That Woman will kill you one day
just mind you that she have another man out their and all this you see her doing is telling you that she want a divorce so that she can join that man but if you refused the plan B is to kill you so run for your life
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by abbey621(m): 8:39am On Jun 29, 2017
She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door.

Bro you fall my hand, why na? Why the ef did you get married? No wonder she does not respect you, you've turned yourself into a woman. You took all her responsibilities away. Look here, the honest truth is that you've stopped being a MAN. Yes, it's not just about having sex but being in charge of your domain. Women love men who take charge, you don't have to be controlling but for goodness sake show some balls! Once you let a woman know the worst situation that can happen and that you are not afraid of the worst, that is the day she starts respecting you back. The only reason women disrespect their husband is because they feel they have nothing to lose, change that mentality bro; these women say they like soft, easy going guys but trust me they prefer guys to be in charge, not in an abusive way but in a way that makes the feel secured. Go home now, call a family meeting with her parents and your parents or elders in the family, state your demands and do not COMPROMISE but don't do this if she is the one paying your bills o, otherwise na GOBE be that o grin grin grin
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Mac2016(m): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:

Only the married can realize what this man is saying. Man, never blame yourself for showing love. Most humans misbehave with love overdose!

I believe there is a 50/50 chance for you to improve your home. Find a side chic..(sound odd, right?!)..I know you are the highly romantic type, the essence of you getting a side chic is to funnel all your excessive love outdoors!

Let your wife realize that love is a like a bird which can only fly (be successful) if the two wings are functionally balanced, not lopsided.

With your change of attitude and new "joy outdoors", you will stop have sex with her til she desires it. Do no chores at home again, you may hire a housemaid, if your wife agrees, to cater your kids but since you have been married for 11 years, your first born may be able to do some chores (better if your first baby is a girl). #Feel like writing forever
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 29, 2017
Bro i think you need to engage in some other things that can make you happy,think less about her.Make more friends,if possible get gadgets like play station,play it till you are exhausted. Don't let her attitude bother you anymore,anytime she does crazy things instead of fighting back tell her things like,you are the most beautiful woman in the world,buy her gifts even if she will not cherish it. For every bad she does against you repay her with good and pray for your marriage.Cover her up when she is asleep,help iron her cloths,I bet you one day she will come crying begging you for forgiveness and she will change totally.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by MizMyColi(f): 8:43am On Jun 29, 2017
AnaCheks:
Will you Marry me? kiss

Yes, if you will be my second husband smiley
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by MadCow1: 8:46am On Jun 29, 2017
DWJOBScom:

You know am a fan right?

Fan Kwa? grin grin

Bro I am heavily flattered.. KAI see as you make me dey blush like babe. grin

Many thanks Sir. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by doverulez(m): 8:47am On Jun 29, 2017
Hmmm, interesting.
From the way I see it mr op, you love ur wife so much than she loves u.(or act like she doesn't)
U give in so much concerns to every of her doings,naggings and she knows dis thats why she continues.
A woman from a broken home will always act like this to command respect,care,undiluted love,attention nd interest towards her, and ure exactly giving her what she wants(who knows! Maybe her mother was given less,maybe she had no say on any issue talk more of all,maybe her father is d nagging nd shouting type which kept both d mother nd d family at bay) she feels her mother was soft and weak now its her time and she doesnt want to be controlled. See op, her life now with u is just a mirror of her mothers nd what she(wife) went tru when growing up. D only difference is that she's calling d shots and with all d advise ure getting now ,sorry oh but I dont think any will take effect on her yet. Remember, u said she doesn't tell u where she goes, who she meets and all that but at time she unknowingly tells u sometimes. This shows she wants the marriage nd to want the marriage she has to love u nd to love u she'll need a heart and hearts that loves feels bad when hurt. Oop, u need to give less Bleep about wat she does now with the "her life" for now. U have the upper hand here, she has no friends,her family is not on her side.The more u show utmost concerns to the things she does she will continue. Its like a battle to her, she is ultra controlling u and her devices is ur love towards her. U are d one who always broker peace each time she stops talking to u,do u think she doesn't enjoy that(d man of d house wining nd crying anytime I do something) let go of that ultimate affection for now and put ur house together. ignore every rubbish she does,turn a blind eye towards her antics and when she doesn't see those concerns,worries and attention. She'll get worried,nd when she knows u dont give a damn about whatever she does or keep,she'll get scared. No woman will lose her husband over her bad characters nd bear loosing her children too. She'll have no choice than to seek out help,maybe from her family members or she'll just come straight to u. I believe this will help, so trust God and urself more cos ure playing the lead role here and this is reality tv my brother every of ur decision should be over thought,weighed and perfectly executed,no mistakes. God bless

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by AnaCheks(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2017
MizMyColi:

Yes, if you will be my second husband smiley
.. Hahaha, noo enjoy your hubby
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by swankmee(f): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by hermeen(f): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2017
I am also woman, we have seen a lot of similar case that later end with negative things, pls am not advising you wrongly but am suggesting you divorce her before you end up killing each other. They is no love between you guys. You know what is good for your self. Pls take time to think. Dnt let anyone kill you untimely.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by hohafrank(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2017
The picture you painted is very similar to mine. The only difference is that she always tells me where she is going to.OP who provide for the home is it you or her or both?Initially when we got married I didn't notice her type of the person you painted the picture of because I was totally in charge of financing the home not until I lost my job.she lost respect for me.She calls me names.She complains of every little things. Why?Because she was making little money from the business I opened for her and help very little with the running of the home.When I noticed this,prayed to God to provide me with good job to make me a real man. Op,honestly my home which was at verge of collapse has returned to a peaceful home. If she helps for the home keeps, try as much as possible to take total control. If she remain the same after charge financially,then you need God's intervention. What I am saying in effect is that lack of Money,money and money is the major reason women disrespect their husbands.Good luck.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Husband Faints In Labour Room / 'I Fall Ill Because My Husband Starves Me Of Sex' - Sex Starved Housewife / Nigerian Lady Throws A Divorce Party, Celebrates With Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.