Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,867 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex (1514 Views)

Naira Marley: 'Dolapo Badmus Wants To Have Sex With Me But She Is Really Ugly' / Would You Remain Friends With An Ex? / Will You Go Back To An Ex That Slept With Your Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by saasala(m): 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
There are reasons your ex is your ex. Even if bad sexual chemistry isn't one of the reasons, having sex with your ex partner is still a bad idea.

Even just the phrase, "sex with the ex" will get a spectrum of responses from people. Most people will acknowledge that sex with an ex is a hazardous activity.

Why do people do it? A number of seemingly convincing reasons: It's familiar; the sex is always good; make-up sex can be hot; the inability to let go and move on, and the most dangerous of all: the hope that sex might lead to a reconciliation.

Often, when exes hop back into bed together, they each have a different reason for being there. One might be scratching a sexual itch with a tried and reliable partner, then the other is thinking dangerously along the lines of reuniting. Yes, sex with the ex is a very, very bad idea.

So the first thing you have to ask yourself is why do you want to recycle lovers rather than move on? What would you gain from going back into the bedroom with an ex? If you have an emotional reason, stop right there and don't even consider the idea.

Whether you have recently broken up, or you've been apart for some time, if you're seeking to reconnect to a former partner emotionally, and using sex as the way to do it, you're asking for confusion and trouble.

If your answer is because of the physical pleasure that you get from sex with this particular ex, again, why invite confusion and complications into your life? If you want a casual partner for casual no-strings sex, your ex is not the answer. It doesn't take long for old patterns – and new – expectations to creep back once you become intimate. No matter how you slice it, sex is intimate and don't kid yourself that sex with an ex is a simple act.

Often, one or both of you will regret the sex. The feelings afterwards that ignite your memories of one another – either good or bad – can make for the desire to turn the clock back. Or worse, only one of you wants to turn the clock back to before you got between the sheets together, while the other wants to turn the clock back all the way to before you broke up.

Either way, spare yourself the head smacking and heart ache and stay strong, where you are right now. Remember why you both broke up.

You've moved on successfully this far. So keep looking forward to new sexual and romantic possibilities and keep the old ones where they belong: in your past.

It's difficult when you see your ex regularly, but you can stay strong by arranging to see those mutual friends in different circumstances rather than where you know you'll run into each other. And if that's not possible, absolutely engage your support team: if they know you really do not want to get back with your ex, in any way, they will help you (to what extent they can, but really in the end the choice is yours).

And of course it's common sense, to not be around your ex when alcohol is involved. Drinking may make your ex seem more alluring and attractive, and it will definitely cloud your judgment. A clear head is a smarter one when it comes to anything to do with sex and love, and tenfold that for exes!

In this modern era of greater acceptance of casual sex, it may seem there's little harm in sex with the ex. But few people are mature enough to separate current sex from past patterns, and even fewer get into bed for the same reasons, and stay there for the same reasons.

Do yourself a favour: leave the past alone and go out there and get your future.

Source: http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/sex-relationships/sex/is-it-ok-to-have-sex-with-an-ex/news-story/bc6ea021d3b649048aa9005255b10d5b
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by naijaboiy: 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
Before we talk of sex, friendship shouldn't even be encouraged at all.

You both should move the Fück on and dump whatever you had in the past. cool

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by Papiikush: 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lord knows I will fück the shìt outta my exes.

It's called retirement benefits if you don't know undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by makydebbie(f): 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
naijaboiy:
Before we talk of sex, friendship shouldn't even be encouraged at all.

You both should move the Fück on.
Been a while, busy days?
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by naijaboiy: 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Been a while, busy days?
Hello chocolate. smiley

Yea I've been busy and not just around.
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by makydebbie(f): 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
naijaboiy:

Hello chocolate. smiley

Yea I've been busy and not just around.
Oh okay, noticed your absence. I'm sure very soon, you'll go MIA. wink

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by naijaboiy: 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Oh okay, noticed your absence. I'm sure very soon, you'll go MIA. wink
Lol...let's see about that. I may be around for a while.

How's Ghana?
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by Kondomatic(m): 11:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
If you're still fvcking an ex then s/he is not an ex.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by makydebbie(f): 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
naijaboiy:

Lol...let's see about that. I may be around for a while.

How's Ghana?
It'll be nice seeing you around.

I'm currently in lagos. Tho, I miss Ghana.
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
makydebbie:

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by makydebbie(f): 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2017
Aderola15:
Looku Looku. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Looku Looku. grin

Hahahäha cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

My favourite pinshure cheesy

And that's how missed out on the grand finale? embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by naijaboiy: 11:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
makydebbie:

Lol...my presence is not usually something to be missed.

I'll catch you around later. Got to go now. smiley
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by makydebbie(f): 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
Aderola15:

Hahahäha cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

My favourite pinshure cheesy

And that's how missed out on the grand finale? embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed
Me too dear, guess I've to do it the way I've been doing it. 10pm to 1am. And where I stay is very far from lekki. Plus it's on a week day. So painful. sad embarassed sad
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by makydebbie(f): 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
naijaboiy:

Lol...my presence is not usually something to be missed.

I'll catch you around later. Got to go now. smiley
Goodnight. kiss
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by naijaboiy: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Goodnight. kiss
Goodnight.. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 29, 2017
makydebbie:
Me too dear, guess I've to do it the way I've been doing it. 10pm to 1am. And where I stay is very far from lekki. Plus it's on a week day. So painful. sad embarassed sad

My cousin didn't even let me finish explaining myself before turning down my beautiful request with reasonable points. And he ended the call saying God will hear my voice from Ibadan. angry angry
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by jakandeola(m): 1:23am On Jun 29, 2017
Aderola15:

My cousin didn't even let me finish explaining myself before turning down my beautiful request with reasonable points. And he ended the call saying God will hear my voice from Ibadan. angry angry
it is well
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 29, 2017
it's hard letting go of an EX that was very caring or good in bed.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 29, 2017
sex with an ex is cool BC there are no strings attached.
that's truth
Re: Why You Should Not Have Sex With An Ex by makydebbie(f): 9:10am On Jun 29, 2017
Aderola15:

Hahahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy
Your cousin is funny. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out / Is She Truly A Virgin / How To Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.