Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over (4212 Views)

Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by muhsin(m): 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
TUNJI OLAWUNI & KEHINDE AKINTOLA, Abuja
Thursday, 28 January 2010 11:11

Sixty five days after leaving the country rudderless while seeking medical attention in Saudi Arabia, the Senate yesterday directed President Umaru Yar’Adua to hand over power to his deputy in a decision that signaled the triumph over the antics of the president’s hard line kitchen cabinet.

Rising from two consecutive days of closed door meetings, the Senate overcame its lethargy and seemingly redeemed itself in a move political watchers saw as a reprimand of Yar’Adua for failing to notify the National Assembly of his search for medical care outside the country.

On the other side of the Three Arms Zone, however, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) expectedly voted “unanimously” that Yar’Adua who appointed them is capable of continuing in office, according to Michael Aondoakaa, federal attorney general. FEC’s decision is apparently in compliance with the ruling of Justice Dan Abutu of the federal high court who on Thursday, January 21 gave the FEC 14 days to decide whether Yar’Adu is fit to exercise the powers of his office.

After two days of heated debate behind closed doors by Senators on the state of the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua who today marks 65th day outside the country, the upper chamber yesterday resolved to ask the President to comply with the constitution and formally notify the National Assembly of his medical position.

“President Yar’Adua has to honour the Constitution by writing that he has proceeded on medical vacation even though in arrears”, Ayogu Eze, Senate spokesman, said yesterday while briefing journalists on the outcome of its two-day deliberations.

Read more
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by DatNiggaAk(m): 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2010
let them impeach him,
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by OhGrey(m): 2:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
The PIGS justy woke up? <hissing in disgust>
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by ayettymama(f): 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
but even if he's on vacation

shouldnt he still hand over to the vice??
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by angelo5uk(m): 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
animal farm
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by tayo4lif: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2010
what
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Wilfem(m): 3:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
@ ayettymama, Pls kindly edit your signature to something else other than this 'yaradua must die'. I quite understand how disappointed and disgusted you might have felt as a result of his despotic and tyrannical attitudes, but that does not give you enough room to openly wish him dead like that.
@ topic
I'm in total support of this if it is actually true that they've asked him to constituionally hand over to Goodluck. But lets wait and see with our finger crossed.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by chibobo121: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
what a ruthless politics with the lives and the future of millions of people. it was a dangerous move to seek for medicare abroad, it was a agaist the constitution for not notifying the national assembly, the nation has been leaderless for 2 months plus without the people knowing the fate of their "leader" and someone is comfortable enough to state unfounded cases that allows the lifeless president to hold the nation to ransom as long as he wants.
people are better than all these cacofunies the politicians are using to blindfold the masses. the people want something of the 21th century and not out dated politics of zik and awolowo
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Wrex(m): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
I honestly do not understand what is happening in nigeria.Yar'Adua is dead and the senate is telling a dead man to hand over power.I am really confused?
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by calabaman(m): 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2010
What an embarrasing saga. . .I hope he will adhere 2the senates decision
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by ayettymama(f): 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2010
Wilfem:

@ ayettymama, Pls kindly edit your signature to something else other than this 'yaradua must die'. I quite understand how disappointed and disgusted you might have felt as a result of his despotic and tyrannical attitudes, but that does not give you enough room to openly wish him dead like that.
@ topic
I'm in total support of this if it is actually true that they've asked him to constituionally hand over to Goodluck. But lets wait and see with our finger crossed.

im very sorry if it sounds offensive

but yoruba people have a saying

it says

'leyin aponle abuku lo kan'

we have been kind, we asked him nicely he refused

so now

YARADUA MUST DIE!!!
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by stevemike1: 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
@ ayettymama, pls do not wish the poor man death, death is inevitable it would defientely catch up with all of us.
It is wrong to wish someone death.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by mrblack: 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
stop blaming yar adua for everything,people putting all blames on this man simply because hes ill or maybe dead,yar adua right from time told obj he cant govern nigeria but obj insist becuase hes the only man he believe can cover his whole evil deed and not to prosecute him,only obj and the senates can tell the truth about this whole thing.those black devils most especially the north have been playing pranks for the future of nigerians for a decade now they only care for themselve and childrens,they are all married to satan,no amount of prayer can change their mind,which i think this is the opportunty for us to install our own leader for the good of our belove country nigeria,wake up nigeria hand over to jonathan can never solve our problems,obj owns jonathan and till date obj is the one rulling this country and as long those satan husbands like obj etc remain in power expect backwarding for nigeria.either you agree with me or not the millitary should come back because nigeria is not that fit to continue with civillian regime if not nothing can stop nigeria from falling into seriose war soonest.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Wilfem(m): 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
@ steve mike, thanks for the  corroboration.
@ ayettymama. Pls stop wishing him dead.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by koolchicco: 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
The saga continues. . .
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by ayettymama(f): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2010
ok ooo

in that case let him live long

in fact let him serve another term from soudi

sebi its nigeria??

seems u guys like it that way
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by slap1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2010
These Familiar Spirits again. . . . . grin
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by lordbayor(m): 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
well i always laugh when ever i read about the president story and the Nigeria constitution , how can u expect the president u have not seen for the past 65days to write a letter of approval, or a president whom firstly it was said he had brain damage or what so ever , don't we think this people who are pretending now that they are following constitution just to justify themselves are actually making fool of all Nigerians?, Even Ojo Madukwe said he has not seen the president since he left so what are we now saying , like i always say , until the youth decides to choose there rights then these people will still play us like a toy ball, for God sake this is the 65th day he is out , where is [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Turai Yar Adua[/font], look for her and let her tell us what is happening i think she is the only rightful sources now , who knows maybe he is D""grin  embarassed lipsrsealed but for now all theses are shit and they are deceiving  us all but as for me i just cross my hands and see , just like the game of cheese when the Bishop  are been killed then  i think the King and queen will have to fight it out ,
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by chidichris(m): 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
to me, nigeria has no senators as what we have over there are group of criminals brought together by obasanjo to destroy nigeria.
where in the world do u see senators who cannot pass elections.
we all know the story of the senate president(david mark)  and the same is applicable to all of them that is to say from a-z of our senators cld not win election in nigeria.
what do u expect from law breakers who have no interpretations of what the constitution says in situations like this.
what is happening in nigeria today is a very good way of saying the country is been operated on people's feelings and not the constitution.
as long as obasanjo is in charge of pdp and pdp is in charge of the country, we will never make and forward move.
all we will be doing from time to time is a step forward and ten steps backward.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
ayettymama:

im very sorry if it sounds offensive

but yoruba people have a saying

it says

'leyin aponle abuku lo kan'

we have been kind, we asked him nicely he refused

so now

YARADUA MUST DIE

GBAM!!! kiss kiss
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by adamooye5(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2010
WHAT are we calling triumph? according to Sen.Eze-ogu on behalf of the senate "He has to hand over to his vice" who is going to write the hand over letter? someone who we are not sure he can raise his finger, man, lets be straight headed and continue to allow our so called senators to fool us around, No official statement was given to these  senators as to his true state of health, though we know that he is sick, a truth that was reluctantly revealed, As a president, he knew he was to do tht befor and even from information gathered ,,a move to that was made but was cutoff along the line, in order for aoodoakaa and segun adeniyi to have their way, what the senators should be talking about now is declaring that he cant rule and therefore impeached or remove on ground in incabability, that would be worth celebration as a difficult but necessary move. what we have now now in a cover up game, more so,,,thew handicap FEC still have the guts to say he is still fit and infact IN POWER, what a shame and sham,

Awoshakin Adeyemi
suleja
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Johnnoo(m): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2010
ifedy:

GBAM!!! kiss kiss
I totally disagree. . .!

Wilfem:

@ topic
Thanks 4that. I like people like u out here. . .

ayettymama:

but even if he's on vacation

shouldnt he still hand over to the vice??
He will handover. He should not die my dear. We are still very young in the things of Democracy. Gradually, we would get there.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by KokoBeware: 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2010
Why the hell are THEY making a big deal out of this matter,
it shldnt be a big deal if the Pres is sick or dying, His vice should takeover as acting-president, when the president becomes well he comes and takes back his position If he dies, Joe continues, what in the world are they scared of,

President George Bush of the United States of America, President Fidel Castro of Cuba, President Levy Manawasa of Zambia and Prime Minister Aeriel Sharon of Israel and President Ahidjo of Cameroun handed over to their deputies when they were sick in office; the vacuum being experienced in the Presidency was never contemplated by the constitution.
Thats why a vice-president is elected with the President on a joint ticket on the same Political Party

Its only in this our Great nation that such nonsense happen,
Na wa ooooooooo, make we dey watch sha,
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by mezie4u(m): 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
That's a nice move from the red chamber. He should hand over power to his vice pending the time he is fit to rule.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by baslone: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2010
Those idiots in the Chambers are just fooling us! Still
trying to buy time,playing chess with naija's future- if at
all this country has a bright one!
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by deejaid(m): 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
"The Parable of a Tied Cow" depicts the unfortunate scenario we now witness in our political arena. The kabal still holds the rope that tied the sacred Cow. Sure all Animals are equal But some are more, The seen- ate may b playing the gallery 'cos they know Mr President may not be ready to Hand over the Baton. Well, our destiny lies in our own hands. We can be liberated if we are willing and ready. We wish Mr President quick recovery.

Long Live Federal Republic of 9ja
God help 9ja!
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by chelseabmw(m): 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by eniola1310(f): 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
Is this really democracy or a demonstration of crase?
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by yeswecan(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nice move
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by twinskenny(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
story, we shouldnt beleive anything here in Nigeria anymore
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by naijaswag1: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2010
Why are they saying this.He is coming back dead or alive before the expiration of the 14 days.Nigerian Presidency is his birthright.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
Johnnoo:

[b]I totally disagree. . .![/b]Thanks 4that. I like people like u out here. . .
He will handover. He should not die my dear. We are still very young in the things of Democracy. Gradually, we would get there.

Whatever, freedom of opinion,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ndlea Arrest Three Bolivians In Mathamphetamine Factory Bust Up In Lagos / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-gnews!!iyabo Obasanjo Re-confirmed Before Her Letter Was Published / The List/names Of The New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.