Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

"Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo (13723 Views)

Nigerian Lawyers React To Kano’s Removal Of Police From Criminal Prosecution / Ambode Has Done Well, deserves Second Term - Osinbajo To Tinubu / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by pitlaterine(f): 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
Sequel to https://www.nairaland.com/3889440/osinbajo-declares-every-thursday-taxthursday Acting President, Osinbajo has also offered nine months grace period to tax payers to regularise their tax status or face criminal prosecution for tax offences.

Osinbajo gave the ultimatum in Abuja on Thursday at the inauguration of the Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDs).

He said the scheme was specially targeted at taxpayers who had not declared their taxable incomes and assets, as well as those who don’t pay at all, and those who had been underpaying or under remitting.

Osinbajo said the scheme would cover all federal and state taxes such as companies’ income tax, personal income tax, petroleum profit tax, capital gains tax, stamp duties and tertiary education tax.

Osinbajo said that those who failed to take advantage of the nine months grace period would face criminal investigation and if found guilty may face up to five-years jail term.

Also, only 214 Nigerians pay taxes of about N20 million annually and about 900 Nigerians pay N10 million as tax every year.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/06/pay-tax-face-criminal-prosecution-five-years-jail-term-osinbajo/

mynd44

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Dbboy(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
Come suck my balls I wont pay when you were busy messing up the economy you never thought of this outcome, my resolution is that till this govt is out of power no more personal income tax or company tax or any thing called tax.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by SaulRazor: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
No Nigerian is owing the Nigerian govt any dime but instead it's the Nigerian govt that is owing us for years of Neglect of the duties and responsibilities to us...No electricity yet we are charged monthly , no roads, no potable water supply , no security , absolutely nothing to show for all the years of Tax we have paid ....

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by psucc(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
After all, small time I don enter the promise land. So now it is tax that you people offered to Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by pitlaterine(f): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
psucc:
After all, small time I don enter the promise land. So now it is tax that you people offered to Nigerians.

Why not? when the minister of finance studied in the UK

2 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by nwaanambra1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
pay tax to a country that doesn't provide nor subsidize anything for its citizens! angry

let the government start by providing 24 hours electricity, portable water in every home, good hospitals and good road, well equipped schools and recreational centres, then they wont have to force us to pay tax - we will willingly pay it! angry

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Chikelue2000(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
SaulRazor:
No Nigerian is owing the Nigerian govt any dime but instead it's the Nigerian govt that is owing us for years of Neglect of the duties and responsibilities to us...No electricity yet we are charged monthly , no roads, no potable water supply , no security , absolutely nothing to show for all the years of Tax we have paid ....
Seconded!!

28 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
Only if the taxpayers money will be duely invested into something tangible and not looted as usual.

6 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by feelgoodInc: 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
we don't need taxes all we need is referendum

10 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
we should ask him , how much govs, senators , reps and others paid from the funds embezzled . politicians will continue to feed fat while 180million mumus watch and lament.

4 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Papiikush: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
Well, I am surely going to jail grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by victorazy(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Osi needs money like Nigeria grin
The virus is indeed spreading.

1 Like

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by dessz(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
nothing is more humorous Dan a person demanding funds for services "not" rendered..its like ur barber dragging u for money when u never see any barbing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by femo122: 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2017

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by OfficiallyMad: 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Seconded!!
Thirded angry

8 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Koval12(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Still want to impoverish a society that is on the blink of collapsing??

2 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by cristianisraeli: 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
everyday comedy in naija daily...all the tax wetin una don use am do...?even lagos state way they collect billions tax money..wetin them don use am do and please dont say building roads and bridge and free wifi.he should start by sending those oga on top to jail.i can bet say buhari no day pay tax,nigerian government always thinking of how to milk the poor...if we pay tax now..una go loot the money...talk ur own and no quote me.

11 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by KingTom(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Papiikush:
I swear down grin
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by DokitaDave(m): 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
SaulRazor:
God bless your thinking sir. ��

10 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by fittty(m): 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hush puppi and Inj
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Buylekkinownow(m): 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
tax to become the new oil money of APC

well you don't need tax to check my signature cheesy
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
Let's see if this would turn to a "revo" or if naijerians will cower
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by AHCB: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
... My reply to the acting president is this: Fulfil your election promises or be voted out of office like Jonathan and PDP. grin

4 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by sukkot: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
5 years tho
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Papiikush: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
KingTom:
I swear down grin
Long time boss
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by mayorjosh(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Yahoo boys too must be taxed angry
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by sirfemoz(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
From Stamp Duty to payment of Tax. The ones I have been paying to Lagos state Government for the past 4 years, yet I still generate power for myself, still swim inside water when going to work cos of bad road. It is well. Na only God go deliver Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
the government is indirectly saying there is no
money to loot. na people hard earned money dem
wan threaten collect.. 2019 no far na.....

1 Like

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by Mcreloaded(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
They can start by taxing religious houses and traditional shrines you just might be surprised the amount of money in there
Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by dessz(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Papiikush:
see u there bro we are in it 2geda grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by soleexx(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2017
Which bank can i pay ma regular tax into

1 Like

Re: "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo by pauljumbo: 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
Osinbanjo look at the tensions in Naija liv tax for now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Angry, Deny Collecting Signatures For Buhari’s Impeachment / INEC Reacts To Sale Of PVCs On Alibaba.com, Foreign Website / Anxiety, Uncertainty In Military Over Service Chiefs’ Succession Battles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.