Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Violence In PDP Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence In PDP Primaries (1456 Views)

No Completed Federal Project In Pdp’s 16 Years Reign – Osinbajo / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence In PDP Primaries by tlops(m): 1:51am On Feb 04, 2007
Due to the recent  primaries conducted by the PDP, one would have thought that the likes of Akala would be relieve of their so called guber race. I thought the re conducted primaries would atleast give the PDP the chance to save their face of all the corrupt practices it is known for. atleast not imposing Ladoja on the precious people of Oyo state.I think it is high time the people of Oyo state showed the world that they are decent and law abiding people.

¨About three persons were feared killed on Saturday in a fierce gun duel between the supporters of the Oyo State Governor, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and his deputy, Chief Bayo Alao-Akala at the Peoples Democratic Party‘s zonal rally for the South-West, held in Akure, the Ondo State capital¨

¨¨Our (The Punch)correspondent learnt that the fight broke out immediately the National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Ahmadu Ali, handed over the party‘s flag to Alao-Akala as the governorship candidate in Oyo State ¨

¨¨Obasanjo, who arrived the venue at about 4.40 pm, thanked the people of the South-West for voting for the PDP in 2003, he urged them to ignore the promises of other parties and stick to the PDP.

He said that the gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party in Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, would soon be visited by the EFCC. According to him, Mimiko messed up while he served as the Minister for Housing and Urban Development.

The President said that Mimiko ignored his plea not to run for the governorship seat in the April election.¨

Obj did not see anything wrong in the 11 month reign of akala and his god father. Ican recall the man, adedibu saying that he deserves at least 2/3rd of the security votes aloocated to Oyo state.The efcc has not been pushed to act on the matter concerning Oyo state because the presidency is fully involve in the scandals going on there. the president has declared Mimiko ¨an estranged prey¨ of  his ¨watch dog¨. I hope Ribadu will act and go first to Oyo state before any of case . why should EFCC be an instrument to fight all the ¨anti Obasanjos¨. The truth is that if the situation was reverse in Oyo EFCC would by now have torn Ladoja into pieces.

Its really a painful situation out there in Oyo state, please Nigerians stand up and fight this mis use of office by the presidency in different statess of the federation.
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by BigB11(m): 4:22am On Feb 04, 2007
Quote by Tlops:
Obj did not see anything wrong in the 11 month reign of akala and his god father. Ican recall the man, adedibu saying that he deserves at least 2/3rd of the security votes aloocated to Oyo state.The efcc has not been pushed to act on the matter concerning Oyo state because the presidency is fully involve in the scandals going on there. the president has declared Mimiko ¨an estranged prey¨ of  his ¨watch dog¨. I hope Ribadu will act and go first to Oyo state before any of case . why should EFCC be an instrument to fight all the ¨anti Obasanjos¨. The truth is that if the situation was reverse in Oyo EFCC would by now have torn Ladoja into pieces.

Excellent point!
This is one of my reasons why I've refused to listen or respect all the shady accomplishment of Mr. EFCC.

In my book, EFCC is nothing, but a well fed presidential bull dog; and they are part of the problem in Nigeria today.

The situation in Ibadan shouldn't have taken place for 11 months if EFCC is as so, so called[b] "credible organization"[/b] as the dead heads portrait it to be.
Have you noticed that RIBADU finally came out few days ago to speak against Adedibu and Akala? Where was Mr EFCC 11 months ago? I guess, he was too busy keeping Mr. president happy.
Have you also noticed that EFCC didn't act on this Ibadan situation till OBJ spoke against it few weeks ago?

To me, this clearly shows me that EFCC is also part of our problem in Nigeria. They are being controlled by a remote control unit located at the ASO Rock. This is wrong and totally unacceptable.

A respectable organization like EFCC should know better and should denounce partiality under all circumstances.

People like Adedibu should have been disabled very, very long time ago.

This is how OBJ's administration and EFCC saw things for almost a years:
"We will stop Atiku and other enemies of Mr president from contesting for the presidential position, but we will allow Adedibu to chose and pick the right governor to lead Oyo state"
[/b]It is a conflicting action and makes absolutely no sense

And when ever you ask Mr. EFCC (the superman) any question regarding OBJ's close friends, his answer is usually [b]"who is this person? this person has only one head, I don't care about this person" 

And the sad part is the fact that the dead heads continue to dance to the EFCC horrible, scratchy music.

When are we going to wake up in Nigeria and address the real problems?
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by mazaje(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2007
tlops:

He said that the gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party in Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, would soon be visited by the EFCC. According to him, Mimiko messed up while he served as the Minister for Housing and Urban Development.

The President said that Mimiko ignored his plea not to run for the governorship seat in the April election.¨

Na wa ohhh which kin life be this? because a person has refused to back down as a gubernutorail candidate the EFCC will come visiting. cheesy cheesy cheesy this thing has now turned into madness and stupidity, mimiko messed up while he served as minister but Andy Uba didnt mess up when he served as presidentail adviser even when he was caught smuggling money into the US. kai i no fit shout again am tired of our open display of madness,ignorance,closed mindedness and backward thinking all in the name of politics.The efcc is not good for this nation as for now since it will only be used to create trouble and get at the political enemies of the president.
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2007
na today?
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by mowapa(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2007
The fear of OBJ is the begining of wisdom grin
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by atiku07(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2007
well they will not know what is befalling them now.

Our fore fathers say "the wise man built his house on the solid rock while the foolish man built his house in the swarm of sand" well i will like intelligent ppl to ponder on that for a while withintelligent reply then i will make my point
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by azorjiu(m): 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2007
A Sqeamish picture of a wounded Akala faithful when his group clashed with Lodoja group.

Who lost? Ladoja and Akala are still alive, eating ewedu soup with amala and the man is dead.

Possibility is that Ladoja and Akala will become good friends in future. Who lost? The dead men, Akala or Ladoja?

We will continue to see many more pictures like this unless thuggery seizes to be part of our political system.

What a horrendous act!

Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by lewa(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2007
PDP is mostly made up of thieves,brigands,misfits,thugs and the like!What do you expect from the 'largest political party in Africa'?
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by ono(m): 8:49am On Feb 05, 2007
I will like all the EFCC supporters and all those who have given one form of praise and kudos on this forum to Mallam Nasir El Rufai to go back home and cower their heads in shame!
Re: Violence In PDP Primaries by atiku07(m): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2007
Well what do u expect from the biggest hooliganism, gangster ism, party in africa what a shame on obassanjo and his cohorts.

At the end of the day they will still like to persuade nigerians to vote for the biggest failure group in africa may God save us.

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party Apologises To Acn, Begs Tinubu / Ayo Oritsejafor Is Biased May God Forgive Him / Boko Haram Will Die Soon - Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.