Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly (29649 Views)

Mercy Aigbe is back in my house - Lanre Gentry / Lanre Gentry Celebrates Mercy Aigbe's 40th Birthday. "You Are Still My Wife" / Lanre Gentry, Bimbo Akinsanya Were Married Before Mercy Aigbe Got Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by ivolt: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2017
Mercy will be a fool to accept an apology,
if she goes back to that man's house, she
probably won't come out alive.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Thelmerh(f): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2017
UnknownT:
We won't accept this!!!!! He wasn't the one that typed this, therefore the apology is not accepted. grin grin
Someone help me with that Orubebe's pic with a mic cheesy grin grin
thought I was d only one DT noticed. dis man dat writes abi n types poorly. all of a sudden he is perfect
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by phyla(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2017
Someone must have helped this man to type,he isn't that coherent with grammar.I hope she truly forgives him
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Origin(f): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2017
An apology is good but can never be enough for attempted murder.

Till we let victims get justice and let peeps pay, domestic violence will continue.

The life you may be saving could be YOURS.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by jummiepearl(f): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2017
*in jenifa's voice*

Radarada
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Olukat(m): 10:37am On Jun 30, 2017
delishpot:

How do you know no where is better? That every man beats his wife or?
Yes couples have missunderstandings even parents with their kids but beating each other is not in every home.

I am not an advocate of domestic violence, I hate it with passion.
However, 'nomadic' marriages isn't a solution to domestic challenges.
Understanding the environment we find ourselves and avoiding issues that will ignite violence is what I suggested there.
Can Mercy state the truth why they got to the point of fighting? Is she a submissive wife?
That's their issue to resolve, good the man has apologies to her.
What you see before leaping from point A, may just be better off than when landing at point B.
Sincere discussion, respect, openness etc builds love and stable home.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by ALAYORMII: 10:46am On Jun 30, 2017
fatymore:
see them.. Supporting his fellow men...

Not in any way supporting domestic violence but they say two wrongs don't make a right

When you start standing up to ur husband, who do you think has more to lose??
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by delishpot: 10:54am On Jun 30, 2017
Olukat:

I am not an advocate of domestic violence, I hate it with passion.
However, 'nomadic' marriages isn't a solution to domestic challenges.
Understanding the environment we find ourselves and avoiding issues that will ignite violence is what I suggested there.
Can Mercy state the truth why they got to the point of fighting? Is she a submissive wife?
That's their issue to resolve, good the man has apologies to her.
What you see before leaping from point A, may just be better off than when landing at point B.
Sincere discussion, respect, openness etc builds love and stable home.

If she says yes she was submussive? What other reasons would you then give? Have you asked her why she did not cook and take to the hotel? Do you kniw if he uses that food to feed his babes and she found out about it and decided not to cook again. I know first hand of a guy that does it. He is my cousine. His babe woukd ask for soecial delicacies that she ate from his cooler at work and he would call his wife to make it. The poor woman woukd run to the market cook and bring it he woukd tell her to drop it with the receotionist that he isnt at the office. Tell me if she finds out and decides to stoo cooking would you say she wasnt submissive. Being submissive doesnt mean being foolish. She is human and has brain to think too. Niw, I am not saying Mercy was right or wrong I am saying if a people start using violence when their better half doesnt live up to religious and societal expectations(note that sometimes men also dont live up to every expectation of marriage too) would that be permissible or it is only to be seen as a small offence when a man does it because his wife fell short?
What if she leaps from point A to point C which turns out to be even more better than point A and B? Point B may not be better but this world does not have only points A and B. I know of a woman who left her point A for the same reasons and she landed in Point C where she lived in peace and understanding till death parted them. If your hands are ckean then you need not fear to leave an abusive partner because even the universe would stand by you. The only time one has to fear is when ones hands are not clean and he or she wants to carry that same bad attitude to enter another marriage or relationship that is where the problem lies. But we should not say someone to remain in a bad place with threats of point B may be worse.

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by bejeria101(m): 11:02am On Jun 30, 2017
fatymore:
A time is coming when the table will turn round from you guys.. That's when you know women too have power....Maybe when ladies start standing up to you.. A blow for a blow.. A slap for a slap... Men would stop beating women

Eziokwu! When the day come pm me thanks
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Berekeshele: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2017
gede7744:
well that's courage but pls stop beating her couples do have misunderstanding but beating up your wife is s cowardice way of approach

l pray she finds it in her heart to forgive you

You don't know the real sorry dear. Mercy is stubborn i heard from a right source that she is aggressive.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Berekeshele: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2017
ivolt:
Mercy will be a fool to accept an apology,
if she goes back to that man's house, she
probably won't come out alive.

How are you sure the fault is from the man. Well time will tell.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Olukat(m): 11:11am On Jun 30, 2017
delishpot:

If she says yes she was submussive? What other reasons would you then give? Have you asked her why she did not cook and take to the hotel? Do you kniw if he uses that food to feed his babes and she found out about it and decided not to cook again. I know first hand of a guy that does it. He is my cousine. His babe woukd ask for soecial delicacies that she ate from his cooler at work and he would call his wife to make it. The poor woman woukd run to the market cook and bring it he woukd tell her to drop it with the receotionist that he isnt at the office. Tell me if she finds out and decides to stoo cooking would you say she wasnt submissive. Being submissive doesnt mean being foolish. She is human and has brain to think too. Niw, I am not saying Mercy was right or wrong I am saying if a people start using violence when their better half doesnt live up to religious and societal expectations(note that sometimes men also dont live up to every expectation of marriage too) would that be permissible or it is only to be seen as a small offence when a man does it because his wife fell short?
What if she leaps from point A to point C which turns out to be even more better than point A and B? Point B may not be better but this world does not have only points A and B. I know of a woman who left her point A for the same reasons and she landed in Point C where she lived in peace and understanding till death parted them. If your hands are ckean then you need not fear to leave an abusive partner because even the universe would stand by you. The only time one has to fear is when ones hands are not clean and he or she wants to carry that same bad attitude to enter another marriage or relationship that is where the problem lies. But we should not say someone to remain in a bad place with threats of point B may be worse.

You have a point!
However, the man has started the process of reconciliation
I believe lessons has been learnt from the dark days of their union.
Let's hope they admit their responsibilities, forgive each other and build a better relationship.
In that case, there won't be any need to try other "points"
Have a great day!
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Aragon: 11:15am On Jun 30, 2017
gede7744:
well that's courage but pls stop beating her couples do have misunderstanding but beating up your wife is s cowardice way of approach

Beating her ke? Where is he going to see her to Beat again? She is gone jare!
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by toby0000: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2017
He has done the right thing by apologizing...its never late to do the right things. All u need do now is be consistent in ur apology and pray to God to touch her heart to forgive and come back to you. Let peace reign.
Get to know God more and see how he turns ur situation around for good. Trust me I am a living example.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by bigerboy200: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2017
gede7744:

She should forgive but not go back to him cos he would beat her silly again...a one time neighbour was like this..he would beat hell out of his wife, when she runs away, he would find and begin to plead and apologise and then she'll come back..he would beat again and repeat same process..until she once had miscarriage from the beatings and finally left d man.. a woman beater can't help it..it's in their blood..they don't deserve to have partners..

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Ruler2: 11:17am On Jun 30, 2017
djpop100:
that's what a real man should do
and for d wailers who has turn it to an habit of making fun out of wrecked family, u all shall not succed and to them​! liberal woman, humbleness is the guy to an happy home
Humbleness? Really?
RIP English
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by IamShiningStar(f): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2017
hischoice:
Sounds more like:

"In my heart of heart, I don't want to apologize, but you are taking this sh*t too far and it's affecting my business. So just take this sorry, get lost, and don't forget to drop my keys"

Sincere apologies don't start with "For peace to reign." But for our women, anything to make them appear the winner is good.

Look at this:

"The events of the last couple of weeks between my wife and me have taken me to the lowest of lows. I have made mistakes, and unfortunately, the victim of my mistakes is this innocent lovely woman. I am not proud of my actions....

"I just hope this woman gives it a thought to consider me fit often her love again. While she is at it, I will be visiting therapists...."
Thank you jare! I thought I was the only one that noticed! what kind of apology is that? He didn't even own up his actions nor expressed deep regrets for his actions nor a willingness of never repeating such!

Imagine, "for Peace to reign"! like Seriously? Who does that? SMH for these breed of men oo!

Whatever happened to "I am really sorry for my actions against you, I have no right to strike you or any woman for that matter. I sincerely regret my actions n therefore take full responsibility for my actions; n seeing a therapist already to get help.
I sincerely plead you find a place in your hrt to forgive me. I'M SORRY".

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by godquality: 11:22am On Jun 30, 2017
You call this apology? This is just a write up and nothing more. Giving the impression that people are making you apologize means he's not sincere with the apology. He has to convince himself first that he's sorry then he can talk to his wife with all sincerity and but all this rubbish.

Edited: what is he apologising for? The beatings or the online back and forth or the family war going on between him mum, brother and his wife? Apologising without specifying is not sincere in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by newslifeop: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2017
Oh
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Bimpe29: 11:41am On Jun 30, 2017
What a bold and remarkable step by Mr Gentry. I hope all that's happened would not repeat itself again, and Mercy could find a place in her heart to forgive and accommodate you.
To err is human, but forgiveness is divine.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Harvest601(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2017
Hacked account,this is nt d gentry i knw.
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Gamusgamus: 11:51am On Jun 30, 2017
gede7744:

That's cool, now you have grown up
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by cruzyteejay(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by delishpot: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
Olukat:

You have a point!
However, the man has started the process of reconciliation
I believe lessons has been learnt from the dark days of their union.
Let's hope they admit their responsibilities, forgive each other and build a better relationship.
In that case, there won't be any need to try other "points"
Have a great day!

Yes, reconciliatiins shoukd always be encouraged if the intentions are pure and not for the sake of cleaning ones character in the eyes of outsiders while still maintaining the same mindset when no one is looking.

The man clearly stated that he is doing it because he is tured of people giving him wahala. E be like how yoruba go put am ......."Oya gba, ma pka mi je"!
What he wrote is nott an appology Mercy could as well come online and say oya o, me too I have heard o. I have forgiven you can I also rest now?

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by KanwuliaExtra: 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
What a lovely couple.
Too bad they could not make it work. embarassed
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Kobicove(m): 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Very soon he will come out to say his account was hacked undecided

These yeyebrities and their drams sef don tire person
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by blessingee: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
The grammar is quite different from the earlier screenshot from Mercy, just an observation! grin grin grin
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by SPIKY12: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
gede7744:

HMMMM
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by enigmaticlion: 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Edo kpomo sweet like fresh mango juice.
whitering:
Don't tell us you are already missing her kpomo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Ifymma(f): 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
free2ryhme:
The truth is this konji don hold the guy grin

Make we talk am as e bi
Stop saying that, did he tell you that he did not see women if truly is konji
Re: Lanre Gentry Apologizes To Mercy Aigbe Publicly by Konquest: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Flexygist:
Nollywood Actress Mercy Aigbe's estranged Hotelier husband, Lanre Gentry has publicly apologized to her.

He took to his Instagram to apologize adding that he wanted to bury the hatchet.

Read what he wrote after the cut...

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/06/30/lanre-gentry-publicly-apologizes-to-his-estranged-wife-actress-mercy-aigbe/

^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^

Good thing he did that... at 52 years of age he is supposed to LEAD by example. grin

In the mean time, Lanre and Mercy Aigbe both need to go for anger therapy and
emotional intelligence training with experts like Lanre Olusola and/or Innocent Usar.

There is nothing to be ashamed of. People are only interested in HOW they
successfully resolve their issues in order to learn from them.

Success to both of them and to any couple going through these marital
challenges that crop up from time to time. Marriage is NOT for kids but for mature people
who are able to GIVE LOVE and RECEIVE LOVE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo's Wife, Busola Dakolo, Stuns In New Photos / Desmond Elliot Donates Tricycles To People Of Surulere Constituency [PICS] / Omotola Shares Her Pregnancy Photos To Celebrate Mothers' Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.