Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,105 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Father Won't Accept To Change Plans - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Father Won't Accept To Change Plans (439 Views)

Women Are Very Calculative, Don't Accept Financial Assistance From Them / Ladies Will You Accept To Marry This Man? (photo) / Name One Thing You Won't Accept In Your Next Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by Shaftcraft: 6:37am On Jun 30, 2017
Finally me and bae plan to walk the isle ... well fast forward .. I started making plans Na as a man .. I went to �� the parents.. on my first meeting I met both parents ... I've met her mom on several occasions but was the first time of meeting her dad ... fast forward I let the man know my plans of getting married to her daughter ... he told me step by step how to go about it since they're from akwa ibom and I'm from the south south they started from the knocking of the door ... which Was fulfilled ... fast forward he requested for the pride price list from his villagers like he mentioned ... I was given that list that was 2months ago ... fast forward I made plans towards the event and when will be comfy for me as per the date since I'm always busy wit work .. me n soon to be wife agreed on the date ... fast forward every arrangement was made towards the event like. The hall , decor , food for the day and the INVITATION Letter too with date on it ... we sold out cloths the aso Ebi to the Yoruba friends which every one purchased and was very ok with the date in July ...

Well last week I n my family fast forward to the bride compound to proceed with the marital rites given on the list ... everything was provided but the father is insisting the traditional must hold in his compound well I no argue my thought was it would be something within both families ... he said he has about 100 guest or more coming and we have to make provision for the meals and drinks ... canopy .. the couples chair etc .. even tho nothing on the pride price list could be bargained for but we paid all just to ease matters ...

The event part taking place in his compound is not our plan n. Not included in my budget ...

The father sound like if the party is not holding In his compound nothing will be done ... and that sound like a party that will be messed up with his own people... which I'm not comfortable with.. Nobody want his day to be messed up ... after working really hard to plan your event .. I feel the father is stealing the show for his day if the event is holding in his compound .. or he doesn't want to spend his own cash for his people.. cuz everything he mentioned or needed has been provided

The hall is non refundable.
I'm not comfy with the occasion in his compound
It's going to be rough
Well the bride price items has been provided but not returned yet ...

I believe I have my own stand as the husband .

My mind says let's meet at the hall and do all traditional rite where we have all facilities he mentioned ... chair canopy n so on ... hall even get ac sef ... don't know what to do pls advice ... serious minded people only cuz the traditional is suppose to take place next week .. and we only had plans for traditional at the event center
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by Arian11(m): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2017
talk to your wife she should be able to convince her father and if thats not possible... you talk to him of course in a polite manner ..like you said you're a husband to be and you should have a say .
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by briyane: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Guy, Easy Bro!
He is the father of the girl and and i think he has a say on deciding where the traditional marriage would be held.

It will be better if you send his bad to reason it out with him or you talk to your MIL to talk to him.

Even if it doesn't go as planned, let it go, complete the wedding and enjoy your married life without them!
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by torres89: 6:51am On Jun 30, 2017
Oga do the traditional rites in her father's compound
that's wat tradition and respect demands
after the rites every one goes to the hall to chill
no big deal
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by ElSherriff: 6:55am On Jun 30, 2017
'Fast forward'...yet you de narrate everything. Now hear this real slowly...As a young man you think you have 'rights' as the husbandnaaa. you have'nt married her yet and so you have zero rights. Again, what manner of sense are you trying to knack with the 'I didnt include that in my budget', 'no one wants his day messed up' etc. sense of entitlement at its highest.

Were you there when he trained the daughter?, were you there to tie napkin and pampers? now many years later you bring your low budget mentality to come and claim rights.

Its his daughter, if he wants you to marry her on the moon, prepare for it. When you marry her, use her tie wrapper, na you get am.

If you can't fulfill these, hide in shame and stay single, hushpuppi no senior you.

Dont even quote me if you are single!

1 Like

Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by Nutase: 6:56am On Jun 30, 2017
Compromises must be made for any African marriage ceremony to be successful. Otherwise frustration will be your portion.
Why don't you arrange few canopies in his house for his guest and after you don collect your wife you can go and meet your guests in your AC hall.
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 30, 2017
I was wondering if letter "B" no dey Op keypad. i jus dey see pride price....
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by Shaftcraft: 7:06am On Jun 30, 2017
His arrangement n calc says 400k for this things ? How much be my salary wey I wan spend extra 400k for that

Drinks
Food
Rentals
Mc
Dj
Traditional dancers

I already got the list above ( no need for rental ) are you saying I should do this twice

I can't spend double money.... I just want something that will be done once n for all .. I can't get hall money back which is like 400k with decor ...

If both families can't come to conclusion what's their to unite as one ? And if the father doesn't hear
Me out it's a sign he will have authority over my marriage ...
Oga wey dey mention hush puppi for my matter ... do you have any pride ? This is not about being proud of yourself ....
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by shortiespro: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2017
This one strong gan ooo.. lol let the dad marry her daughter. Or just take a walk .. I'll go for the hall for security reasons. After all I'll be responsible for all the spending. Guy u go like drink Garri with your wife after wedding? Just talk to the man ..
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by Homeboiy: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2017
Are u mad.?
u want to do the traditional marriage in a hall

U mean d bride price will be paid at d hall
go sidon

Traditionally it must be the mans compound

u can do party at d hall after
Re: Father Won't Accept To Change Plans by shege45: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2017
everyone mustnt marry...

(1) (Reply)

Lmao: See What Kim Annie Send Special Birthday Shoutout To Her Dad - Photo / Very Emotional!! As Twitter User Needs A Husband For His 53yrs Old Mother / #chimbuchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.