Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) (37919 Views)

Arrest On Delivery Bikes: Lagos State Government Takes Its Stand / See This Man's EYES as Obasanjo Reaches Out To Shake Buhari (Photo) / ACF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, PANDEF, Others React As Obasanjo Bombs Buhari Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by INTERMAN: 8:44am On Jun 30, 2017
I am sure
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by fendorf(m): 8:45am On Jun 30, 2017
It is well
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by bewla(m): 8:45am On Jun 30, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Cowards are the one that will commit suicide.
What can make me to commit suicide God will never allow it to happen to me
Ami o
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by profnigga(m): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2017
eeri MI eyin kosi beerei

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by BiggyBamBam: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2017
Oladimejyy:

When there is life, there is hope.
Cowards die twice before their death
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by obonujoker(m): 8:47am On Jun 30, 2017
So APC has left GEJ govt to frolick on OBJ's govt.....
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by playboy99(m): 8:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Danny287:
Stop propaganda you cant compare 2004 to 2017 tell your pay masters that we didn't buy the product you just sold period
sorry bro this is reality the masses are the ones who suffers not the elites PDP or APC all created all this mess we in today.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by NwaAmaikpe: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Oladimejyy:

On the contrary...they are very brave.

It is the fear of death that has kept people from commiting suicide.
These guys have conquered that fear..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by arcane0(m): 8:51am On Jun 30, 2017
Sniper12:
buhari worse o. even horses are not left out(buhari is a killer) as seen on my way to work. karma is currently treatin his f up in london. slow and painful d@@th
that's right

I'm out

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by fpeter(f): 8:51am On Jun 30, 2017
Benjom:
So, the searchlight is now on OBJ, abi? The fact still remains that suicide rate is prevalent in this era than any other administration I've witnessed. During the period in question, my family operated within the lower class status and interestingly we still enjoyed three square meal but now that I've moved to the middle class, I've started taking calculated steps economic wise.

#MyThought

You really think there's a middle class in Nigeria? IMO, you're either poor or rich in Nigeria...no middle status.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by felixomor: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2017
Does this change the fact that this current government is failing?

No it doesn't.
Besides they promised "change" from these things
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by solonazzy: 8:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Benjom:
So, the searchlight is now on OBJ, abi? The fact still remains that suicide rate is prevalent in this era than any other administration I've witnessed. During the period in question, my family operated within the lower class status and interestingly we still enjoyed three square meal but now that I've moved to the middle class, I've started taking calculated steps economic wise.

#MyThought
lwkmd.....mayb cos u take more responsibility nw....just my thought too
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by mckazzy(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2017
The Nigerian media houses were a major factors contributing to the nations woes and making it worse.

Also, if we continue playing the politics of calumny and propaganda, we still have a long way to go to achieve any meaningful development.

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Agimor(m): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2017
Trash... From the dailies it's obvious that things were relatively better then than now. The rate of suicide in this Bubu regime is unparalleled; so, Op don't even try to juxtapose anything there.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by factwriter(m): 8:58am On Jun 30, 2017
Oladimejyy:

you have just contradicted yourself by trying to HIDE behind God after declare people who commit suicide are cowards.

Wonder which of your two hands you use in the toilet.

...you probably interchange them.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2017
A coward takes their own life, a real _ni66a_ dies everyday..
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by pannyman(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2017
This shows that nothing is really new. Most Nigerians on social media are young people who have no knowledge of things that happened even in the recent past, and so to them everything is such a new experience.

Nigeria's economy has actually been on the downturn since the 1980s. Between then and now we have had periods of seeming prosperity and difficult times. Generally, that is just the cycle of life.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Joel3(m): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2017
its a known fact that obj killed this country. the problem of this country is the military. and the same military that killed it are still in power. take it from me buhari will be the last military to ever govern Nigeria.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Ngokafor(f): 9:03am On Jun 30, 2017
playboy99:
no searchlight bro it just showos that from 99 till date we haven't moved forward.it like the isrealites in the desert we have been going round around n still we haven't gotten to the promise land.PDP or APC all have been failures from the onset.

..I dont know what planets you guys are from but things were a billion times more bearable in 2004 than this plague called buhari/apc administrations.

.You lots should desist from insulting our intelligence with these shenanigans of yours before thunder does the needful

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 30, 2017
playboy99:
THROWBACK:22 NOVEMBER,2004
SOURCE:THE NEWS,TELL

MORE NIGERIANS TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES TO ESCAPE THE HARSH ECONOMIC SITUATION INFLICTED BY THE 66MONTH OLD OBASANJO-PDP GOVERNMENT.

NIGERIA HAVE. ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS THE INTERNET JUST CREATED THE LIGHT WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN DARKNESS .

CC:LALASTICLALA

Brow biko stop talking nonsense........... The obasanjo price increment took years, under bubu prices of ALL goods n services either Doubled, Tripled or quadrupled.

Stop defending bubu
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Bluffly: 9:04am On Jun 30, 2017
Useless points everywhere. The government is not responsible for anybody that commits suicide. It is the laziness, greedy and study nature of the individuals. Everyone wants to live like a big man, no creativity but only to consume. Even those that left the shores to study abroad spending millions will still come back to consume rather be creative. Woe betides anyone who justifies suicide.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Investnow2017: 9:05am On Jun 30, 2017
Oladimejyy:

You are very wrong. 90% of people who commit suicide have underlying psychiatric issues. Very hard for a normal human to take his life. Meditate on Ecclesiastes 3:11 and stop being boastful.

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by playboy99(m): 9:08am On Jun 30, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Brow biko stop talking nonsense........... The obasanjo price increment took years, under bubu prices of ALL goods n services either Doubled, Tripled or quadrupled.

Stop defending bubu
just trying to make facts known we stop deceiving our selves did you know there was clamour for restructuring during obasanjos regime and he killed it off?am just trying to create awareness on things that weren't on the internet then so everyone can see WHR we all got it wrong
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:09am On Jun 30, 2017
yellowbar demons nah them spoil this con3
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by webincomeplus(m): 9:09am On Jun 30, 2017
rottennaija:

Show proof of the suicide rate in this administration than others.
Don't mind them. They have forgotten that social media is the reason why we are aware of more suicide cases in this era. People have been committing suicide from time immemorial, even in countries where everything is abundant. Many suicide cases have nothing to do with the economy.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by playboy99(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2017
Ngokafor:

..I dont know what planets you guys are from but things were a billion times more bearable in 2004 than this plague called buhari/apc administrations.

.You lots should desist from insulting our intelligence with these shenanigans of yours before thunder does the needful
don't have time to defend anybody nine is to share the facts that wasn't on the internet then so we know the origins of our problem.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by factwriter(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2017
Benjom:

#MyThought

...others too will repeat exactly what you have just declared a decade or so from now.
...Saying that their family enjoyed Three square meal during Buhari administration and bla bla bla.

It's a retrogressive circle where one evil (past situation) is used to evaluate another evil (present situation).

A tenant with no true ambition to relocate elsewhere "soother" can continue to deceive himself/herself by changing the paint colours on their wall and swapping the carpet annually.

Truth is: they are still in the same den.

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by webincomeplus(m): 9:17am On Jun 30, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Stop defending bubu
How much did oil sell for at the international market during Obasanjo years? I'm not defending Buhari, but people should try to be a bit reasonable when criticising.

Prices doubled simply because the naira crashed against the dollar. The naira crashed because world oil prices crashed and oil is Nigeria's only financial backbone. It wasn't Buhari's fault that the country foolishly depended on oil for decades.

And just so you know, what we are experiencing in Nigeria has little to do with Buhari because during the oil price crash, other countries like Venezuela who depended solely on oil were also badly affected. They still haven't recovered, just like Nigeria.

Buhari might not be a saint, but the truth is, the present economic woes would still have happened no matter who is president. The problem is more than any president can handle in few years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by burkingx(f): 9:18am On Jun 30, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
When Fayose said he institutionalized corruption in this country people were calling him names undecided

The truth is that OBJ set the wrong antecedents and until these set of leaders are overthrown by the youths or selfless leaders, Nigeria will never heal again!

However no matter how bad Obasanjo's tenure is, This regime needs no nomination!

The worst administration award should go to Buhari! The second time, he is ruling shocked shocked shocked he is just not fit to be a leader!

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by burkingx(f): 9:19am On Jun 30, 2017
Benjom:

#MyThought

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 30, 2017
playboy99:
just trying to make facts known we stop deceiving our selves did you know there was clamour for restructuring during obasanjos regime and he killed it off?am just trying to create awareness on things that weren't on the internet then so everyone can see WHR we all got it wrong

Pls forget long stories, bubu has destroyed nigeria. He did it in 1983 (over 400%) increment in prices of goods n services in just around 20 months, he's doing it again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari With Commandant Of US Army War College In 1980 (Throwback Photo / Yusuf Buhari With Yahaya Bello In London (Photo) / Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.