Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) (37905 Views)

Arrest On Delivery Bikes: Lagos State Government Takes Its Stand / See This Man's EYES as Obasanjo Reaches Out To Shake Buhari (Photo) / ACF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, PANDEF, Others React As Obasanjo Bombs Buhari Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
bashydemy:

Truly you have no access to internet in 2004 but you do have internet access to it now reason you don't know..

But go back to front page see the list and image to see how hard it is then..

Bros I have seen all the newspapers u sent, It took 5 years to occur and it's nowhere near 400% incrememnt President Buhari brought upon is, Bubus own took 18 months, 400% in 18 months.

Look at ur newspapers n calculate again.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Cowards are the one that will commit suicide.
What can make me to commit suicide God will never allow it to happen to me

Please read about suicide. It has nothing to do with being a weakling or being someone who doesn't know God.
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by bashydemy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Bros I have seen all the newspapers u sent, It took 5 years to occur and it's nowhere near 400% incrememnt President Buhari brought upon is, Bubus own took 18 months, 400% in 18 months.

Look at ur newspapers n calculate again.

Well FYI i am not the one that posted all those news papers so get your fact right..

Venezuela is in recces ion and worst than Nigeria did Buhari also brought Venezuela into recession? Same goes to Brazil, Russia, Canada and presently South Africa..
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
bashydemy:

Well FYI i am not the one that posted all those news papers so get your fact right..

Venezuela is in recces ion and worst than Nigeria did Buhari also brought Venezuela into recession? Same goes to Brazil, Russia, Canada and presently South Africa..

Let me clear u.

Lets start here - Please what is recession?
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by bashydemy(m): 5:30am On Jul 02, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Let me clear u.

Lets start here - Please what is recession?

LOL see question, Well google can answer...

recession
rɪˈsɛʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: recession; plural noun: recessions

a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.
"
the country (Nigeria, Russia, IRAN, Braizil, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and most if not all Oil producing Nations) are in the depths of a recession"

Now waiting for your response..
Re: More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 02, 2017
bashydemy:

LOL see question, Well google can answer...

recession
rɪˈsɛʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: recession; plural noun: recessions

a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.
"
the country (Nigeria, Russia, IRAN, Braizil, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and most if not all Oil producing Nations) are in the depths of a recession"

Now waiting for your response..

Since in ur understanding Crash in prices of crude oil is the criteria for a nation to go into recession....... why isn't UAE, Qatar, Mexico n Kuwait who are among the top oil producers in the world not in recession now.

Around 10 years ago, the world witnessed the greatest crash in crude oil prices. Crude oil fell from 147 barrels per dollar to 33 dollars per barrel and nigeria didn't go into recession while it drove some countries to recession that period.

Now with ur recession definition - ""temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced , generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters."" We can stress on the word or phrase "reduction in industrial activities as what a recession really is. Now in nigeria we didn't have any reason to fall into a reduction in trade or industrial activity because we had over 30 billion dollars in our reserves +soveign wealth fund and we have been selling at least over 1 million barrels of crude oil everyday for 2 Years now...... Our TSA also had as much as 10 billion naira in those same periods.

The recession wasn't a suprise to me because I clearly saw it coming. For 2 consecutive quarters Nigerian economy was on autopilot, buhari refused to appoint ministers and halted every single government project in the whole country for 2 fucking business quarters.

On the same note buhari for reasons best known to him started hoarding dollars and as he hoarded, the naira was tearing in apart week in week out. The naira cruised from 200 to 500 per dollar in a period of 18 months

Now notice that since the nation eased up on dollar restrictions, the naira has strongly rebounded in a very short while from 500 to 360.

Please our recession was purely man made, many of us kept saying it till it happened but no one cared to listen, we were being called haters of bubu n apc.

Rice which was sold around 7k per bag before bubu came to power rose swiftly to 25k in a short while and this wasn't because of recession, buhari banned rice imports without readying internal rice production.

Will u also say the increment in prices across board in nigeria was caused by recession Recession is not about increment in prices, but bubus policies completely tore apart the naira.

Pls fall in prices of crude oil does not translate to recession for all oil producing countries.

Also united states of America sells 10 million barrels of crude oil daily, does that mean fall in crude oil prices will drag them into a recession?

Finally Iran, Brazil, Russia, Saudi Arabia(which I don't think even fell into a recession) have all recovered and we are nowhere to be found. And Russia, Iran, Brazil n Saudi Arabia didn't get a 200 - 400 percent increment in prices of goods n services, it only happened in nigeria...
(Ignore Venezuela's problems, it's hinged on international politics), something far bigger ai going. on there.

NIGERIA HAS VERY MINIMAL ""INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITY"", WE IMPORT ONLY FINISHED PRODUCTS, THUS WE ARE USUALLY NOT A CANDIDATE FOR RECESSION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Campaigns For Buhari In Edo. Shades Atiku (Photos) / Albert Okumagba's Death: Obaseki Expresses Shock, Sadness Over Banker's Demise / Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.