Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba (7828 Views)

Court Dismisses Certificate Suit Against Buhari / Two Different O-level Results Bear Andy Uba’s Name- Both Were Issued Same Year / WAEC Confirms Andy Uba Forged Secondary School Certificate - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by sirequity(m): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
AN Abuja High Court sitting in Apo, Gudu District, on Friday, dismissed a certificate forgery suit filed by one Uchenna Nnadi against Senator Andy Uba.

Justice Valentine Ashi ‎said the law says that he who asserts must prove; and that the plaintiff had failed to lead the court with further evidence.

Ashi said that the ‎plaintiff should have investigated and gotten his facts from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which cleared the defendant as being eligible for elections.

He said the plaintiff should have also conducted checks at Union Secondary School, Awkunawu, Enugu State, where the defendant said he obtained his School Leaving Certificate as opposed to Boys’ High School, Awkunawu, which the plaintiff claimed.

The judge dismissed the suit and said the plaintiff failed to investigate the defendant’s claims and therefore failed to prove the forgery case against him.

‎Nnadi had sued Uba on the grounds that he presented a forged School certificate from Boys’ High School, Awkunawu, and so unqualified and ineligible to stand for elections.

Uba, in his counter affidavit, ‎however, denied ownership of the said certificate and maintained that he graduated from Union Secondary School, Awkunawu, which he submitted to INEC and was properly cleared.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/court-dismisses-certificate-forgery-suit-andy-uba/

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
angry grin

- the fear of Biafra is the beginning of wisdom for Nigeria judiciary.

6 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by sirequity(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Sahara Reporters try again grin

This Nnadi should be flogged 36 strokes of cane for wasting the court's time over hear say.

ANDY UBAH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by AngelicBeing: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
It can only happen in a jungle, nonsense, useless judgment angry
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by ojobek: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
AngelicBeing:
It can only happen in a jungle, nonsense, useless judgment angry
That is not ur expectation abii

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by NwaNimo1(m): 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
Technicalities ...
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by NwaAmaikpe: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
shocked

How does this reduce the price of Durex in the mall undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by akoredebadru(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
kkkkkk
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
grin mad man

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by donofdons: 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
mehn. God punish Jesu. Buxton university is fake. This man never finished at any university but claimed to be a phd holder and a seasoned intellectual. why can the courts investigate the other claims? God have finished nigeria

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by DesChyko: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
Whatever happened to building a watertight foolproof case?? angry
Somebody will just take a case to court without exploring all possible strategies of his/her adversary and end up losing the case because of a careless loose end. That'll be after they've bought newspaper headlines as a stage to showcase their inefficiency.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by pmc01(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2017
Since morning when the news first broke. Nairaland always late to the party.
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by DesChyko: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
pmc01:
Since morning when the news first broke.
Nairaland always late to the party.
Nairaland is Me and You.
Since morning you heard the news but refused to call the party.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by pmc01(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
How does this reduce the price of Durex in the mall undecided
How does the price of Durex bring back our presido?
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by bangging(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by Allylic(f): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by FTbomb(m): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
pmc01:

i wonder.
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by Nackzy: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
Finally my suspension on nairaland has been lifted.. I wonder how Ali Ndume n jibrin are coping...Admin u try..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by solidstone9ja: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
as usual. It's not a new thing. Did you expect him to be charged? In Nigeria? Where only the rich and influential exceed the laws very easy?
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by duality(m): 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2017
Since we excused Buhari, any certificate scandal is bullshitt.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by seXytOhbAd(m): 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
Heineken commentary live from somewhere in the capital :

Hmm.... Some things people do that you just see, shake your head and keep watching in HD and wonder who is fooling who. Our brothers from the east keep shouting "Nigeria is a zoo. Nigeria is being ruled by animals. Please I have a question sirs and gentleladies of the east. Hi av a questeeon. It is an honest question not meant to insult anyone. After all I am just an" ewedu and amala eater". Have you been to a proper zoo? I mean like the Johannesburg or Twycross zoo in Leicestershire. They have quite the collection of chimpanzees. Remember. I do not mean to insult or demean anyone or any tribe. So calm down. I have not had any bottles. Yet. I want to eat first.
OK. I've eaten now.
That's how some fools will think that there is no aristocracy In Nigeria. The Yorubas have their traditional chiefs towing the line, the north has its Emirs and chiefs, now the federal govt has given the iPod youts their Nnamdi kanu aka leaking brain and now recently Andy Uba (well, he has been with Obj since the beginning). Well played. You can see why Sir. Tinubu chose a wise vice, acting president. Some people are trying to move Nigeria forward. Others are just forgetful of history and think they can play games with people's lives. I wonder the true actual count of ibos who died during the civil war and those who still bear scars on both sides .... I have not seen any Ibo man bow sha. It is what I admired them for. But I still like to dobale sha. Anyway, it's Friday and I'm buying drinks for whoever can meet me up.
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by bejeria101(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
pmc01:

Una presido fit use durex? Just asking. I wan faint biko! Hehehe
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by Fourwinds: 3:59am On Jul 01, 2017
Kangaroo judgement and useless country.... Corruption stinks in d judiciary
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by toolovely(m): 4:12am On Jul 01, 2017
donofdons:
mehn. God punish Jesu. Buxton university is fake. This man never finished at any university but claimed to be a phd holder and a seasoned intellectual. why can the courts investigate the other claims? God have finished nigeria

so na court work to go do investigation?
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by nwoye72: 6:26am On Jul 01, 2017
always dismisses court cases against corrupt politicians in nija.shame on the whole of nija government
Re: Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba by HottestFire: 7:55am On Jul 01, 2017
Arrangee suit and arrangee verdict wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu / East Economy To Boom As Seplat 95% Completes It $700 Million Gas Plant In Imo / Lagos Guber: Gbadebo Files 21 Grounds Of Appeal Against Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.