Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Understanding Men (part 1) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understanding Men (part 1) (895 Views)

Top 100 Things That Attract Women To Men - Part 1 / Understanding Men (part 2) / Bored, Lonely, Starting To Hate Nigerian Men: (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Men (part 1) by Pogistega(m): 10:49am On Jan 29, 2010
Before I commence, I must "tell" a short story.
A young Christian wife organized a crusade, and as she was about to leave the house for church, her husband gave a directive that she was not to leave the house. She pleaded with her husband that she was the main organizer, and that her absence would portray her n a very bad light, and more so that the crusade was just between 6 - 8pm, but her husband was adamant. She left for church all the same. When she returned around 8.15pm, her husband had locked up the houses. All her knocks and calls were fruitless. She finally resigned herself to the floor by the back door, troughout the cold mosquito-filled night. In the morning, her husband, nonchalantly opened the door (as if to say that, same fate awaits you today). As the woman came in she said, "morning dear, what do you want me to prepare for you before you go to work". The man stopped in his tracks. He was expecting fire from his wife, not this. The woman reached him and put her arm around his shoulder lovingly, leaning slightly on him, and repeated, "what would you like to eat this morning". When the man turned to face his wife, tears sprang into his eyes, and the reality of what he had done hit him like a stone. He cried, "I locked you out? I don't know what came me! Please forgive me!". The woman replied that she should be the one apologising as she refused to follow his instruction, but the man replied that he knew when she returned, but intentionally refused to yield to her calls, and pleaded for forgiveness.
The lessons to be learnt:
1. For several weeks to come, after that incident, the man appreciated his wife anew, and, on many occasions, when returning from work, bought gifts for her.
2. The following sunday after that incident, for the first time since their marriage, accompanied his wife to church.
If you were the woman that was locked out, what would have been your reaction? I'm sure you would have released a good hiss, first.
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by vivaladiva(f): 10:56am On Jan 29, 2010
any man that locks me out of my own house for mosquito to bite bite me and make me catch malaria, can stick his smelly gifts up his smelly anus, wat is it wiv nigerian women and all these pathethic stories, if a woman locks a nigerian man out of his house, wld he open the door and swing his arms around her, and fell all warm and fuzzy cos she cried, bliv me in the uk if a man locks u out of ur own house,,,,we calling the po po to come sort some shit out, peace,,,,,so he went to church the nxt sunday, so bloody wat,
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by vivaladiva(f): 10:57am On Jan 29, 2010
a very pathethic condescending story, oh my, am fuming
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Basildon1(m): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2010
I think that any guy that can do this to his wife is a real and true animal, who give a fast fuk. if he went to church or not, any guy that will pull this on my sis had better have extra lives cos he def going to lose one, even mai guard no fit sleep for outside,
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Rooneyboy(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2010
Is this one tales-my-moonlight or what ? ~Sigh~ . Off to another thread.
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by g1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
@ poster any b.astard that can lock his wife outside for mosquitos to bite her through out the night is a sadistic pric.k and deserves to be shot, i am not even a female but i am so disgusted by this story, and poster is making it look as if the womans reaction the day after is a good behaviour nigerian women should copy angry angry,

if my sister's husband dare locks her outside and her response the next morning is anything but a dirty slap on the face of the slime ball of a husband, i will be disappointed with her,  angry angry angry
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by sistajay(f): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
@ poster, . . . . that aint a short story, way too long for me!!
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by DarkRahl: 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2010
once in a while we guyz tend to mistep, we do miserable things that we regret ,no need for the foul words , we are humans, i dont blame the man he exercised his authority and i d love such a loving wife , get real people
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Basildon1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
^^^ Cave man,
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by DarkRahl: 3:12pm On Jan 29, 2010
talking to me? undecided undecided
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by uniqued(f): 3:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
mehn any guy that can do this to his wife is crazy. to ur question most women will react badly as u said hissss and walk away. suych is life. sad sad sad
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by kpolli(m): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2010
so hw is this story meant to help girls understand men
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by 190: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
abeg which kin wahala come be dis naw

even all the books ive read in my entire life hasnt sumed up to just this 1 single post

why cant u let us have peace in our house poster~
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by chidipupay(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2010
lol nothing wey we no go see 4 NL
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by iice(f): 8:04am On Jan 30, 2010
Chaii grin grin Woman nor even suppose talk. . .dudes don finish story cheesy
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Pogistega(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2010
I do not subscribe to the beastly man's attitude, but only wanted to guide the women on the proper way to react in extreem situations. The point is, fire cannot fight fire.
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by sexyLeamon(f): 8:28am On Jan 30, 2010
and there will be a part 2 to this hissssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by sugarpp: 9:35am On Jan 30, 2010
@ poster wat were u tryn 2 achieve wit dis intellegience-devoid post? men shld b encouraged to treat women wit respect n women shld b taught to demand that respect. If my husband shld lock me out the hse i hv tons of options but sleepin outside the hse n then rewardn his "insensitivity" with food wldnt b wat i wld choose.
Is that your own example of a happy, healthy n equal relationship tlkless of marriage? understandn men my backside!
if i were d woman i wld hv cookd him nice efo riro with dog food for extra flavour grin
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by sugarpp: 9:44am On Jan 30, 2010
Pogistega:

I do not subscribe to the beastly man's attitude, but only wanted to guide the women on the proper way to react in extreem situations. The point is, fire cannot fight fire.
not every woman likes drama either but hvn said that that doesn't mean u shld bcum a doormat. Proper way 4 her 2 hv reacted wld b 2 get a locksmith to break the door open (afterall it was only 8:15pm) n then quietly walk to her room to sleep n if d man was makn noise n causin drama she shld hv packd a week worth of clothes n stayd wit a friend. Or she shld hv jst left the compound that night n slept at a hotel or at friend's n wait till the husband was out of the house break the door change the lock n let him see how it feels to b locked out.
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 30, 2010
Obviously, this is not a Nigerian couple.
Like wtf haha. grin
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by googles: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2010
[size=13pt]wtf that is no way to treat a woman you call your wife,thats crap so after sleeping with all the mosquies in the world she went to kiss his smelly buttin the morning there are many ways to sort things out locking your wife outside is def. how to mess things up imagine the woman not being a churchy person lipsrsealed and must she sleep by the door she has no friends or relatives around undecided[/size]
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Pogistega(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
All Posters I do not subscribe to those antics. I have only one wife, and we have been happily married for ten years now. All I wanted to point out in the story is the reaction of the affected woman. I wanted to show that, in extreme situations, a woman's reaction could turn around the situation to her advantage.

Most of you out there are only interested in the kind of silly "what if", "can you you marry a blind man", etc stories.
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by sugarpp: 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ poster on behalf of all the posters (wit atleast a trace of a brain cell) we r sayn thanks but no thanks to your analogy tongue mayb ur wife n daughters might b interestd in how ur brain works n ur theory on relationships wink
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2010
As much as that was a barbaric act on the man's part. . .I guess what your trying to say is that sometimes throwing Tantrums or screaming isn't the way to sort out issues? undecided
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Pogistega(m): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

As much as that was a barbaric act on the man's part. . .I guess what your trying to say is that sometimes throwing Tantrums or screaming isn't the way to sort out issues? undecided

I really thank you, Thonia. That is precisely the message I'm trying to heave through.
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2010
Now I get your point. . .but change your examples. there has got to be a thousand other examples you can use that would pass the message across without offending peeps. . .you might not be in support of such barbaric act. . .but your examples make you look like you are actually in support of it!
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
In other words, the woman should bend over backwards and be treated like sh1t just to be married undecided No way.
Re: Understanding Men (part 1) by ayettymama(f): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
this is one of them stories they tell u in deeper life!

hmm

well not everyone would have reacted like that
if it were me he wouldve woken up wifeless!

(1) (Reply)

What Does Love Mean? / Men - Which Do You Care More About? / 2 Brothers And A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.