Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary (28080 Views)

Amaka Ekwo: Nnamdi Kanu Appoints New Press Secretary (photos) / "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts / Charles Eni-Umukoro Remanded In Kuje Prison Over Murder Of Wife, Louisa Eni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
The Urhobo Progress Union Youth Wing Press Secretary has added his voice to the recent denouncements of Biafra by minority groups in the South-South region. This denouncement is against the idea being peddled by IPOB and other Biafran secessionists groups that the South-South and non-Igboid minority groups are parts of Biafra. It can never be stressed enough that these minority groups, especially the Urhobo, share nothing in common with Igbos except for proximity with the Anioma people with whom they share a state. Igbos have their own cause, as the Urhobos also do. The common issue of marginalisation is not enough for the Biafran secessionists to force uninterested groups into their prospective nation. What more? This denouncement of Biafra was first done by UPU (the apex socio-political organisation in Urhobo) in 2014 and yet the wishes of Urhobos to be left alone from the Biafran secessionist plans have not been respected. What more proof is needed that IPOB and other Biafran secessionist groups that they don't respect the wishes of minorities? Let's hear from the horse's mouth:

Following claims by agitators for the resuscitation of the defunct Republic of Biafra that the Urhobos of Delta State in Nigeria’s South-South geo-political zone are part of Biafra, Delta Central Coordinator of the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights (CDHR), Efemena Kelly Umukoro, has declared that “the Urhobo nation has no arrangement with the agitators and can never and will never be part of Biafra.”

Umukoro, who was reacting to the claims by some Biafra agitators that Urhobo is part of Biafra, maintained that Urhobo nation believes in Nigeria as an entity, adding that as long as there was fairness, justice and equality, it would remain undivided and stand with Nigeria.

Umukoro, who is also the National Press Secretary of the youth wing of Urhobo Progress Union (UPU), said that the struggle by Biafra agitators was a joke, adding that when the group started its campaign to break out of Nigeria, it never consulted the Urhobo nation, “but since they have had insight into the potentials of the Urhobo nation, they want to drag the Urhobos into it struggle.

“We know nothing about their campaign and struggle and anybody who tries to drag Urhobo into this campaign is wicked and satanic. The Urhobo nation can never and will never be part of Biafra because we believe in the unity, growth and progress of Nigeria.”

He called on the Biafra agitators not to drag the Urhobos into this campaign, insisting that it would never be part of any arrangement that was capable of destroying Nigeria, while saying that Nigeria has a lot to gain as a nation than as a divided entity.

He however called on all stakeholders in the Nigerian project to ensure equity, fair play and justice in the socio-economic and political administration of the country saying, as long as these values are held sacrosanct in Nigeria, the country would live up to its great potentials.

Source: http://guardian.ng/politics/urhobo-not-part-of-biafra-says-umukoro/
Lalasticlala, Seun

21 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don't think I have ever seen anywhere kanu or those ipob guys said they were adding any one in South south they always been about the south east

Next thing you know even Benin republic will scream that they ain't part of biafra ? Hahahaha

Every tribe wanting to have an opinion

It's good though that's democracy for you

Hey but while we are on the topic of am sure the urhrobo know that no one really wants them in biafra ?

Now I like the itsekiris I wouldn't mind sharing a tribe with then but urhrobo peeps are not really nice men

Met alot they are kinda terrible

Being in the same state alone sounds creepy talkless of a country with them

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:
I don't think I have ever seen anywhere kanu or those ipob guys said they were adding any one in South south they always been about the south east

Next thing you know even Benin republic will scream that they ain't part of biafra ? Hahahaha

Hey but while we are on the topic of am sure the urhrobo know that no one really wants them in biafra ?

Now I like the itsekiris I wouldn't mind sharing a tribe with then but urhrobo peeps are not really nice men

You want Itsekiris but don't want Yorubas? How IRONIC! I'm sure you have no idea that Itsekiri is a Yoruboid group right?

Itsekiri shares NO SINGLE BORDER with Igboland whatsoever.

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by remi1444: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
ahhh big wigs are pulling out.

6 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Igbos will never have sense

Yes they are lazy leeches but they are still better than Igbos

They will be with us in Oduduwa republic

Anyways coming to think of it we don't want them either you can have them

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Igbos will never have sense

Yes they are lazy leeches but they are still better than Igbos

5hey will be with us in Oduduwa republic

Anyways coming to think of it we don't want them either you can have them

I shall ignore the insult

Nope you can have the urhrobo

I don't know about the term leeches I just know generally they ain't nice people

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

You want Itsekiris but don't want Yorubas? How IRONIC! I'm sure you have no idea that Itsekiri is a Yoruboid group right?

It's not about geography itsekiris are awesome people

Who said anything about not wanting yorubas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

It's not about geography itsekiris are awesome people

Who said anything about not wanting yorubas

Awesome indeed! I guess like the Igbos right?

You may want them. No problem. But they don't want you and they have made that QUITE CLEAR on more than one occasion.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/ipc-denounces-itsekiri-inclusion-planned-biafra-republic/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Dude like I said any two or three peoel can go on record and claim to speak for a continent if they like doesn't make it true though

Trust me ibos prefer and like itsekiris

Urhobos are very strange people , fetish , mean and not really the kind of people you want around you

Just saying from personal experience sorry for generalizing

I don't really care what you think of Urhobos man. No hard feelings. I could say the same of Igbos and how I feel towards all of them.

But make no mistake of assuming that the Itsekiris actually want to be a part of your Biafra! In fact, I doubt if Itsekiris like Igbos. I don't want to speak for them so I've tagged Itsekiris on Nairaland to say it themselves.

CC:
Wirinet, Onuwaje, Efewestern, Jolomiurenyi, Sanchez01, Opharhe

Mind you, IPC is a known body in Itsekiriland and this is not the first time that Itsekiris have denouced Biafra. The Olu himself (apex leader of Itsekiris) has come out to denouce Biafra sometime in 2015.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
remi1444:
ahhh big wigs are pulling out.

They can't pull out from what they were never in. So your statement is technically inappropriate.

They are only stating facts and clearing the air, especially for those who may think Southern Minority groups are Igbos or share some form of sympathy with Biafra. These people were never consulted before IPOB, MASSOB, BIM, etc FORCED them into their maps, antics, structures, etc. What did they expect? That the minority groups will sit back and keep quiet?

29 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

I don't really care what you think of Urhobos man. No hard feelings. I could say the same of Igbos and how I feel towards all of them.

But make no mistake of assuming that the Itsekiris actually want to be a part of your Biafra! In fact, I doubt if Itsekiris like Igbos. I don't want to speak for them so I've tagged Itsekiris on Nairaland to say it themselves.

CC:
Wirinet, Onuwaje, Efewestern, Jolomiurenyi, Sanchez01, Opharhe

Did I say they wanted to be part ? I said I wouldn't mind because most ibos like itsekiris I do , and alot of my family do .

Now the thread is about urhobo claiming igbos want them as part of biafra which is say is very false cos on a real no one really likes urhobo

They are usually bitter , vindictive , fetish dudes from my and many peoples experience

I could be wrong but the ones I haven't fall into this stereotype

Itsekiris on the other hand are very civil, nice, warm people .

i have never read anywhere ipob said in all bodies or articles that urhobo or itsekiris are part of biafra but I said if both tribes did offer I would strongly oppose admission of urhobo but itsekiris would be a dream come true I love them

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
CC:
Laudate
IpobExposed
Sarrki
OmenkaLives
Amarabae
Ntoakwaibom
Kirigidi
LKO
DocMD

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Did I say they wanted to be part ? I said I wouldn't mind because most ibos like itsekiris I do , and alot of my family do .

Now the thread is about urhobo claiming igbos want them as part of biafra which is say is very false cos on a real no one really likes urhobo

They are usually bitter , vindictive , fetish dudes from my and many peoples experience

8 have never read anywhere ipob said in all bodies or articles that urhobo or itsekiris are part of biafra but I said if both tribes did offer I would strongly oppose admission of urhobo but itsekiris would be a dream come true I love them

I am glad you don't like Urhobos. Because trust me, the feeling is more than mutual. Very very mutual.

Let me present you with the cause for these statements, restatements, clarifications and what have we.

1. The purported map of Biafra:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-REk3IMlg9oQ/VlQcxNkh6II/AAAAAAAAMfQ/e0gelrqN7vU/s1600/biafra.jpg[/img]

Notice how Urhoboland and Itsekiriland are carefully crafted into the map

2. Biafran government structure
[img]http://1.bp..com/-eyOWaPQoaUo/WLVsGDv6WQI/AAAAAAAAFCM/q_26CY9nxq4nNmcbg_fywPdzZZ6EaE0EQCLcB/s1600/FB_IMG_1488284641602.jpg[/img]

Kindly assess and observe the inclusion of Itsekiri, Urhobo and other minorities in the map.

3. ONE of the MANY Interviews of Nnamdi Kanu where he categorically said the South-South is Biafran Land (and even explicitly mentioned Isoko and Itsekiri):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pIKNoDEfM

It'll do you well to scan through the video, especially around 11:00 and listen to what he said.

Now that I have proven to you that you and and ilks want to force Urhobos and other minorities into Biafra, do you still think this rebuttal is not necesary?

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by wristbangle: 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Getting more interesting. Watching the whole drama with my periscope

17 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

I am glad you don't like Urhobos. Because trust me, the feeling is more than mutual. Very very mutual.

Let me present you with the cause for these statements, restatements, clarifications and what have we.

1. The poported map of Biafra:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-REk3IMlg9oQ/VlQcxNkh6II/AAAAAAAAMfQ/e0gelrqN7vU/s1600/biafra.jpg[/img]

Notice how Urhoboland and Itsekiriland are carefully crafted into the map

2. Biafran government structure
[img]http://1.bp..com/-eyOWaPQoaUo/WLVsGDv6WQI/AAAAAAAAFCM/q_26CY9nxq4nNmcbg_fywPdzZZ6EaE0EQCLcB/s1600/FB_IMG_1488284641602.jpg[/img]

Kindly assess and observe the inclusion of Itsekiri, Urhobo and other minorities in the map.

3. ONE of the MANY Interviews of Nnamdi Kanu where he categorically said the South-South is Biafran Land (and even explicitly mentioned Isoko and Itsekiri):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pIKNoDEfM

It'll do you well to scan through the video, especially around 11:00 and listen to what he said.

Now that I have proven to you that you and and ilks want to force Urhobos and other minorities into Biafra, do you still think this rebuttal is not necesary?

Dude that map was drawn by who?

Why not walk on the street and ask the average ibo person if anyone wants urhobo near biafra

I can guess the answer ...

Listen to the video calmly it's clear semantics

No tribe is forced to be part of biafra but any tribe who indicates interest is welcome except the Urhobos

Relax we don't want them at all
As in we would rather have Syrian rebels than urhobo

It's not personal it's just that they are horrible people

If itsekiris said they wanted to be part which is doubtful it would be a huge honor to share a nation with those wonderful people

Any one can wake up tomorrow use Adobe cs and create a map adding even Yoruba land and label it biafra claiming the ibos are spreading it

Think it's free

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Dude that map was drawn by who?

Why not walk on the street and ask the average ibo person if anyone wants urhobo near biafra

I can guess the answer ...

Listen to the video calmly it's clear semantics

No tribe is forced to be part of biafra but any tribe who indicates interest is welcome except the Urhobos

Relax we don't want them at all
As in we would rather have Syrian rebels than urhobo

It's not personal it's just that they are horrible people

If itsekiris said they wanted to be part which is doubtful it would be a huge honor to share a nation with those wonderful people

Any one can wake up tomorrow use Adobe cs and create a map adding even Yoruba land and label it biafra claiming the ibos are spreading it

Think it's free

I'm very glad that you say Urhobos are not needed. If you want the Itsekiriris, Ijaws, Ibibios, etc, and THEY ARE INTERESTED TOO, then you guys can do whatever you like.

Just tell your God, Nnamdi Kanu, to stop using blanket statements to lump Urhobos into Biafra. Tell your map makers to stop adding Urhoboland into Biafran maps. Tell your fellow foot soldiers and online trolls to accept the reality of Urhobo uninterestedness and stop adding the Urhobo part of Delta State into their maps. In fact, when the word "Delta" is being used, it should be qualified by ethnicity so as to avoid ambiguity. i.e. Delta Igbo, Delta Ijaw, etc.

As for Urhobos, we will NEVER stop fighting against the plot to label us Biafrans against our wishes by few ignorant Kanu worshipping misguided persons. We will fight against it by all means possible. If that makes us the greatest enemy of IPOB or Igbo, then so be it.

The point has been made and we will always remind you all about it every now and then so that it will sink in. Like us or hate us; despise us or love us; just know that we don't care and we don't go about creating enemies for ourselves. We only protect what is ours and OURS ALONE! We have faithful allies across the nation and that is enough for us.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

I'm very glad that you say Urhobos are not needed. If you want the Itsekiriris, Ijaws, Ibibios, etc, and THEY ARE INTERESTED TOO, then you guys can do whatever you like.

Just tell your God, Nnamdi Kanu, to stop using blanket statements to lump Urhobos into Biafra. Tell your map makers to stop adding Urhoboland into Biafran maps. Tell your fellow foot soldiers and online trolls to accept the reality of Urhobo uninterestedness and stop adding the Urhobo part of Delta State into their maps. Infact, when the word "Delta" is being used, it used be qualified by ethnicity so as to avoid ambiguity. i.e. Delta Igbo, Delta Ijaw, etc.

As for Urhobos, we will NEVER stop fighting against the plot to label us Biafrans against our wishes by few ignorant Kanu worshipping misguided persons. We will fight against it by all means possible. If that makes us the greatest enemy of IPOB or Igbo, then so be it.

The point has been made and we will always remind you all about it every now and then so that it will sink in. Like us or hate us; despise us or love us; just know that we don't care and we don't go about creating enemies for ourselves. We only protect what is ours and OURS ALONE! We have faithful allies across the nation and that is enough for us.

Hahahahhwhahahaha

Dude the way you sound anyone would think you actually want to be labeled as biafra am I missing something?

No one wants Urhobos in biafra ! I have been very clear and succinct on this why you still going back there ?

As I said the itsekiris never said they want to be part nor any other of the honorable tribes you mentioned

All I said is if ever the itsekiris indicated interest which instill said is doubtful, but if by some grace they ever did it would be a huge honor to share a nation with those awesome people

How hard is this to understand?

Your rant is uncalled for kanu , nor any ibo person would ever want Urhobos as part of a progressive nation

I am sure they aren't all bad but I am et to meet a good one

Just saying

Give it a rest no one wants you

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Ereolamide: 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Urhobo are terrible people?

These guys are truly delusional, any tribe that rejects her inclusion in the Biafra project are termed lazy, igbophobic, blabla..., you guys need some growing up to do.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by ScotsReferendum: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

Can't they back up their declaration with video evidence just like Kaduna declaration

I don't believe newspaper without video evidence

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Efewestern: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

8 have never read anywhere ipob said in all bodies or articles that urhobo or itsekiris are part of biafra but I said if both tribes did offer I would strongly oppose admission of urhobo but itsekiris would be a dream come true I love them

Actually the itsekiri don't feel anything for igbo, they see igbo same way they see Hausa, The itsekiri man like urhobo treats strangers well, so don't be deceived but their warm welcoming.

PS: I thought you guys claimed you have nothing in common with Yoruba and edo, so what do you have in common with an itsekiri man?

Oh itsekiri are now cool?, interesting.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ereolamide:
Urhobo are terrible people?

These guys are truly delusional, any tribe that rejects her inclusion in the Biafra project are termed lazy, igbophobic, blabla..., you guys need some growing up to do.

Do you see how they think?

When someone or a group of people denouce your cause; it behoves you who added them in the first place to argue on why they should follow that cause so that they may see reason to or at the very least, be indifferent to you or your cause. However, these guys churn out insults, tribalistic slurs, etc, just because you don't subscribe to their school of thought.

I bet you that the same guy (Uchihaitaci) insulting Urhobos (in an attempt to spark a tribal war -like the children that they are) will be the one to start praising Urhobos if the newswas in their favour.

Such a sad miserable way to live life!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Efewestern:

Actually the itsekiri don't feel anything for igbo, they see igbo same way they see Hausa, The itsekiri man like urhobo treats strangers well, so don't be deceived but their warm welcoming.

PS: I thought you guys claimed you have nothing in common with Yoruba and edo, so what do you have in common with an itsekiri man?

Oh itsekiri are now cool?, interesting.

Hahahahhwhahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by fratermathy(m): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Can't they back up their declaration with video evidence just like Kaduna declaration

I don't believe newspaper without video evidence

But you believed the newspaper evidence that Donald Trump is on his way to actualise Biafra for you guys na?

Why is this different? Because it doesn't favour your cause?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

When someone or a group of people denouce your cause; it behoves you who added them in the first place to argue on why they should follow that cause so that they may see reason to or at the very least, be indifferent to you or your cause. However, these guys churn our insults, tribalistic slurs, etc, just because you don't subscribe to their school of thought.

I bet you that the same guy (Uchihaitaci) insulting Urhobos (in an attempt to spark a tribal war -like the children that they are) will be the one to start praising Urhobos if the newswas in their favour.

Dude I and most ibos I know just dont like them ...is that a crime?

Okay because I dislike Urhobos so I must dislike itsekiris?

Dude which tribal war ? Wtf are you talking about ?

Some gentle man and 8 here where exchanging views what is your problem with that ?

Oh you would rather we insulted each other ?

He had sound views and I responded

Let me guess you are urhobo ?
Men nigerians

11 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by ScotsReferendum: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

But you believed the newspaper evidence that Donald Trump is on his way to actualise Biafra for you guys na?

I believe only videos of KANU and that of Kaduna declaration.

Tell those nonentities to produce a video for future reference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by hammer6: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
PLEASE PEOPLE IGNORE THIS ATTENTION SEEKER.

TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING IS BAD, NOT EVERYTIME.

6 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Ereolamide: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

That's Ipob logic for you, asking for video evidence when press release are published.

Even if video evidence exists, they'll denounce the declaration by arguing that the leaders of the sociopolitical groups can't speak for their numerous Urhobo indigenes they conversed with that has declared their unflinching support for Biafra while travelling in Agofure buses.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Ereolamide: 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:

When someone or a group of people denouce your cause; it behoves you who added them in the first place to argue on why they should follow that cause so that they may see reason to or at the very least, be indifferent to you or your cause. However, these guys churn our insults, tribalistic slurs, etc, just because you don't subscribe to their school of thought.

Don't mind the pseudo-idiots, their tribal vitrols will drown them into bigger mire than the Kaduna declaration, some months before the said declaration a particular Yoruba nairalander 'Alcatraz' sounded a warning of discontent against the insults and curses on Yoruba people.

All I want is for this hateful souls to leave Yorubaland before they force our hands.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ereolamide:

Don't mind the pseudo-idiots, their tribal vitrols will drown them into bigger mire than the Kaduna declaration, some months before the said declaration a particular Yoruba nairalander 'Alcatraz' sounded a warning of discontent against the insults and curses on Yoruba people.

All I want is for this hateful souls to leave Yorubaland before they force our hands.

Hahahahaha

You sound so bitter ...

Amusing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Ngozi123(f): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
fratermathy:
The Urhobo Progress Union Youth Wing Press Secretary has added his voice to the recent denouncements of Biafra by minority groups in the South-South region. This denouncement is against the idea being peddled by IPOB and other Biafran secessionists groups that the South-South and non-Igboid minority groups are parts of Biafra. It can never be stressed enough that these minority groups, especially the Urhobo, share nothing in common with Igbos except for proximity with the Anioma people with whom they share a state. Igbos have their own cause, as the Urhobos also do. The common issue of marginalisation is not enough for the Biafran secessionists to force uninterested groups into their prospective nation. What more? This denouncement of Biafra was first done by UPU (the apex socio-political organisation in Urhobo) in 2014 and yet the wishes of Urhobos to be left alone from the Biafran secessionist plans have not been respected. What more proof is needed that IPOB and other Biafran secessionist groups that they don't respect the wishes of minorities? Let's hear from the horse's mouth:

Source: http://guardian.ng/politics/urhobo-not-part-of-biafra-says-umukoro/
Lalasticlala, Seun

At least they're acknowledging that there are native Igbos in the South-South, unlike those "we the South-South" imposters. I'm completely fine with Urhobos not wanting to be in Biafra; I want Biafra to be an Igbo-only country.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Saraki Fails To Stop Trial: Set To Be Arraigned Today / Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist / Nigeria To Import 2.1 Million Metric Tons Of Rice, Become Top Buyer Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.