Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) (58451 Views)

FUTA Students Arrested For Beating Up 100 Level Female Student / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth' / Two Benue State University Students Drown In A River During Outing. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Margy:

The nigerian family see swimming to be immoral!,...i repeat teach them to swin...lasss warnnninng!

How? Is it because you have to wear a swimsuit?! I saw that most people at beaches in Nigeria rarely wear a swimsuit.

spinna:

Teach us cPR too..i'm sure no one tried cpr . i must learn that now

Absolutely right, they seem to have brought them out and just look at them.

claremont:

Swimming is in the kindergarten curriculum for most developed countries, it's something that can be inculcated into the Nigerian curriculum in our nursery schools. This is the responsibility of government. The average Nigerian parent who is struggling to feed the kids properly cannot pay for swimming lessons, I wouldn't blame them.

I do understand yeah, but then these people who can't swim have to RESPECT water, and stay well away from rivers and beaches then. The water doesn't even look that deep in these photos. All these schools near rivers/ ocean should have compulsory lessons then.... This is so crazy that so many drown in this day and age.
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by apache4: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
spinna:

Teach us cPR too..i'm sure no one tried cpr . i must learn that now

You are just an incompetent Fool..............
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Laple0541(m): 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Teach your kids how to swim; teach your kids how to swim; TEACH YOUR FUKCING KIDS HOW TO SWIM!!!

wat abt adults that can't swim, is it too late to start?
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Margy: 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=58032986]

How? Is it because you have to wear a swimsuit?! I saw that most people at beaches in Nigeria rarely wear a swimsuit.

Yes...and also the associate water with maami water spirit.. but honestly an average nigerian should know how to;
Drive
Swim
Just incase...i repeat...just incase
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Laple0541:

wat abt adults that can't swim, is it too late to start?

It's never too late, unless they stay well away from oceans/rivers and swimming pool

1 Like

Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
If you don't know how to swim don't joke with water, run for your life no forming.

All the resources their parents spent on them, have wasted. Will the school refund their fee as they had gone
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
Margy:
Yes...and also the associate water with maami water spirit.. but honestly an average nigerian should know how to;
Drive
Swim
Just incase...i repeat...just incase

Such am unfortunate state of mind. Yeah, see them already blaming Mamii water
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by NavalObi37: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
a tragedy indeed God show mercy on this world
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by hermosa7: 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Teach your kids how to swim; teach your kids how to swim; TEACH YOUR FUKCING KIDS HOW TO SWIM!!!

AND WHEN THEY'VE LEARNT HOW TO SWIM, SOMETHING OTHER THAN DROWNING WILL STILL KILL THEM undecided
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Chibest2000(m): 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
people have got to stop this madness of taking selfie at any imaginary locations they found themselves. if the guys had succeeded in taking the said selfie you would have seen them all over the social networks. posting the pictures with comments like: water side assignment things, fishing things bla! bla......
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
hermosa7:

AND WHEN THEY'VE LEARNT HOW TO SWIM, SOMETHING OTHER THAN DROWNING WILL STILL KILL THEM undecided

We all die eventually bro, but these unfortunate deaths could have been prevented
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by ogtavia(m): 11:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
daddytime:
Wonderful press release from a student union P.R.O. It is well...
RIP English ba..
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by hermosa7: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

We all die eventually bro, but these unfortunate deaths could have been prevented

I get you. We're no doubt on the same page but PREVENTED isn't the word; it's INEVITABLE. smiley
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by talk2emma: 12:04am On Jul 02, 2017
Rip
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Shaev7(m): 12:15am On Jul 02, 2017
Spiritual Blindness
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by ncoolsome(m): 12:30am On Jul 02, 2017
chyy5:
Forget selfie,, na mamiwater called them.

And their phone battery was fully charged to pick the call..
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by august2224(m): 12:53am On Jul 02, 2017
a selfie to d other world, RIP. NB: situations of anguish, pain and tears are being used to tk snap shots for online post and garnering of lyks.
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Urchmanny230: 1:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Very unfortunate it ended dis way.... Killed by selfie
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by iweecureyou: 1:16am On Jul 02, 2017
OHIsIManuEL:
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY STUDENTS UNION

July 1st 2017. PRESS RELEASE

With our heart full of pains , we announced the demise of two of our colleagues, OLABIYI EMMANUEL , from the department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (AGE) 300level, and OLOKUN BABATUNDE ALEX, from the department of Project Management Technology (PMT) 300level.

The news reached us that they at the place for their Entrepreneurship training (ENT) at the laboratory for Fishery and Aquaculture, at the back of great hall, Obakekere. After the training, four of them decided to take a selfie on the canoe packed at the venue, during that process, the canoe which the four of them where in capsized, in which they drowned inside the water, and two of them narrowly escaped because they were able to swim, while the other two find it difficult to swim which leads to their death.

Therefore, we implore you all to pay your last respect to our colleagues we lost in this disaster.

RIP to the deceased, we which you both AlJanah Fridaus.

Signed:

comrade FOWOWE AYOMIDE
FUTASU P.R.O

comrade OLASEINDE ADEYINKA
FUTASU PRESIDENT

Sole Media®2017
http://www.futaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=38#p38
cc; lalasticlala
Hehehe pliss shown pinshore of the selfis abeg lemme sea if diar fine sefsmiley
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Xtfield(m): 2:32am On Jul 02, 2017
This press release can not be from an undergraduate. Too many errors.

1 Like

Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Lartoph(m): 2:40am On Jul 02, 2017
I see a lot of comments about mammy water and river and these made me smile. The body of water in question is an artificial pond which was made by excavating and subsequent influx of water due to rain. I was shocked when I read the news, I did my EMT there last year and after numerous warnings, I still can't believe some students went to the extent of using the canoe. I believe their time is up and pray that all their sins are forgiven. RIP to the dead ones.

1 Like

Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by raphaeladeyele: 2:48am On Jul 02, 2017
what a lost to deir parents. hmmmmn
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by heybee72(m): 2:52am On Jul 02, 2017
Wait I'm not getting.. Iz it died by selfie?
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by iluvpomo(m): 5:27am On Jul 02, 2017
chy5:
Are you serious?? Mamiwata?? Let me call our dear NL village idiöt, Edmanpumpin to come and see this ... he believes in mamiwata and amerrakan lady carrying poisonous tea bags grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by iluvpomo(m): 5:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Xtfield:
This press release can not be from an undergraduate. Too many errors.
Even Masters degree students from some naija universities no sabi engirrish oh grin
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by sddiamond: 5:32am On Jul 02, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
That's if the parents knows how to swim? like me I don't know how to swim.
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by pek(m): 5:48am On Jul 02, 2017
RIP to the dead. RIP to English.
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by rainbow2020(m): 6:26am On Jul 02, 2017
chyy5:
you might be right you know?
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by homesteady(m): 6:37am On Jul 02, 2017
daddytime:
Wonderful press release from a student union P.R.O. It is well...

I decided to read through the comments just to see If anybody would also notice how useless the writeup is!

He doesn't know how to construct a sentence, so many grammatical blunders, SMH!
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by daddytime(m): 6:43am On Jul 02, 2017
2n2k:

Even countersigned by the president!

Atrocious. How did they campaign?

I bow give them oo
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by Kreme(m): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2017
jonsnow92:
Ah Omo yii Ponu sha
o tun fofun gan
Re: 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) by barragan: 7:03am On Jul 02, 2017
This is my first time of hearing that there is a big enough water in Futa (obakekere for that matter) to drown anyone and I was in that school for good 6 years. Sad stuff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Message University Of Liverpool Issued To Students Masturbating In Toilets / Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) / If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.