Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,476 members, 7,840,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? (12065 Views)

Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by vivalavida(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
emynike2001:

MY brother what u said IS the REAL TRUTH, U forgot to add group meeting contributions now its called otu amara, otu udo and so forth, AM ALSO AN ANGLICAN, truth they say SHALL SET US FREE.

Like u attend my church. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by emynike2001(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
vivalavida:

Like u attend my church. Lol
Hahahahaha, IS good we tell ourselves the truth
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by XaviDayo(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
Who ever started or posted this topic is Senile. The question should have been,

How many times did your mother drop you #Fagggort on Ur malfunctioning #Brain.

Continue, u go learn very soon. Since u have decided to make God's business your business. #Oponu Lasan Lasan
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Victornezzar: 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:
you are not a Christian
I don't understand
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by vanvino(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
hatbricker:
Stupid question, you people should stop giving atheists something to chew on. Christians wake up!
if our light did shone to the world as Christ ask us to, trust me they will have nothing to chew on...lets admit that we have fail so that we can retrieve our step

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Princewell2012(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
ZZ22:
money is needed to take the gospel to every nook and cranny in the world

Unfotunately it has been diverted for a difference purpose.
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by malcom2x(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
profhezekiah:
What do U intend to gain frm this rubbish,are those paying complain, U wouldnt mind ur bizness,just going everywhere to spread problem

No disrespect but its high time we approach alot of things logically with the rate at which they multiply. This is exactly what leads to extremism both in churches and in the mosques. We worship the pastors and imam instead of the God who works through them. Anything they says is infallible no matter the circumstance.
Tell me, if you were born in the Muslim and u parent are strong Muslims wouldn't you be one as well and condemn any act that will tarnish the faiths image? Same goes to the Muslims too, what if you were born into a Christian family?
Worse case, if it was in a very religious countries of the world, would you dare practice another faith? You'd most definitely find a reason to even be frevent and spread your religion.
We're All hypocritical about our faiths. Take it or leave. God will not accept your soul on the judgement day on the basis of your religious affiliations. Don't be surprise that most atheists will make heaven more than us. Live a good life and be helpful to one another rather than finding a dividing line between you and your fellow humans.
We human always find a way of creating a dividing line between ourselves. We created different races(blacks, whites, asians etc) even in this our black race that the two main religion were forced on us took it more seriously and deadly that the people that introduced them. We tend to form another dividing line. Even in Christianity we have the roman Catholic etc while in the Muslim world we have the shitte etc.
Finally, everything is now centred on money especially for the Christians. Wen money is involved, we tend to loose our moral standard. You cannot give to the poor beggars in the street but you can buy cars for pastor that can afford 5 square meal a day.
Finally, let us try and look beyond our differences and think logically in fighting this poverty in Nigeria with the highest number of churches in the world and the highest deposit of human and natural resources in Africa. Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by GoldHorse(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
ZZ22:
money is needed to take the gospel to every nook and cranny in the world

Hmmm? I wonder why none of our powerful and spirit filled jimjim pastors never "take the gospel" to places like Afghanistan, Indonesia, Yemen, etc but prefer taking it back to those who brought it to us in the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, etc lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by blesoh(f): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
vivalavida:
So many offerings in my Anglican Church oo

Offertory
Tithe
Covenant seed
Sunday offering
Charity offering
Mission offering
Societal building competition
And Sunday Thanksgiving.

To go church Don tire me sef
Hahahahahaha this is really funny, na to siddon look u for de do na
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by blesoh(f): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
RCCG, my parish once, and na envelop sef, no one will know if you have or not, we just pass the offering basket
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by oviejnr(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
sirfee:
Nigga whassup?You no go church abi?

Happy new month and sunday
Boss, i dey oh. Wish you the same. Me na Eckist, na wen I c say chicks full one church na him dey make me enter der grin
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Coolgent(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
SCAM
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by sirfee(m): 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
oviejnr:
Boss, i dey oh. Wish you the same. Me na Eckist, na wen I c say chicks full one church na him dey make me enter der grin
I go report you lol

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by oviejnr(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
sirfee:
I go report you lol
hehehehe grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by chukzyfcbb: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
vivalavida:

Offertory
Tithe
Covenant seed
Sunday offering
Charity offering
Mission offering
And Sunday Thanksgiving.

why do I have a feeling we attend the same church and same branch
over here they start with :

- offertory then
- convenant seed & Sunday offering
- Tithes and special vows offering
- then birthday Thanksgiving offering
- Wedding thanksgiving
- Prophetic harvest offering if it's 1st Sunday of da month
- Sunday thanksgiving offering (this offering is just to thank God for seeing another sunday lol )
- then lastly any offering to support society or any ongoing church project

I swear its no different than what u just posted, I am Anglican too.
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Lordtunji(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
vivalavida:

Offertory
Tithe
Covenant seed
Sunday offering
Charity offering
Mission offering
And Sunday Thanksgiving.

I'm an Anglican so I can relate
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by profhezekiah: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
malcom2x:

No disrespect but its high time we approach alot of things logically with the rate at which they multiply. This is exactly what leads to extremism both in churches and in the mosques. We worship the pastors and imam instead of the God who works through them. Anything they says is infallible no matter the circumstance.
Tell me, if you were born in the Muslim and u parent are strong Muslims wouldn't you be one as well and condemn any act that will tarnish the faiths image? Same goes to the Muslims too, what if you were born into a Christian family?
Worse case, if it was in a very religious countries of the world, would you dare practice another faith? You'd most definitely find a reason to even be frevent and spread your religion.
We're All hypocritical about our faiths. Take it or leave. God will not accept your soul on the judgement day on the basis of your religious affiliations. Don't be surprise that most atheists will make heaven more than us. Live a good life and be helpful to one another rather than finding a dividing line between you and your fellow humans.
We human always find a way of creating a dividing line between ourselves. We created different races(blacks, whites, asians etc) even in this our black race that the two main religion were forced on us took it more seriously and deadly that the people that introduced them. We tend to form another dividing line. Even in Christianity we have the roman Catholic etc while in the Muslim world we have the shitte etc.
Finally, everything is now centred on money especially for the Christians. Wen money is involved, we tend to loose our moral standard. You cannot give to the poor beggars in the street but you can buy cars for pastor that can afford 5 square meal a day.
Finally, let us try and look beyond our differences and think logically in fighting this poverty in Nigeria with the highest number of churches in the world and the highest deposit of human and natural resources in Africa. Thanks.
U are commenting out of context extremist in religion is high condemned but talking about what people voluntarily gave,offerring and church membership is never by force,no church that is based on CHRIST and d HOLY BIBLE will ever force U for anything ur comment is just frivolous and sentimental,offerring collection and giving should never be anybody bizness once d giver is nt complaning, d thread and ur comment is certainly out of hatred and jealous, we can condemn forceful offerring,but voluntary offerring should even never be mention. Pleas if U are to condemn or address issues,condemn issues that are detrimental like extremism,killing,hatred,terrorism,religious intolerance etc.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by VajanahDischaj(f): 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
xboyelyusuf:

We don't collect tithes in the mosque..only voluntary offering strictly for mosque maintenance with an update on how much is gotten,how much has being spent and what is remaining.Thats why all authentic Imams have their own job either teaching in schools or trading in markets and not solely depending on ppl's mosque offerings to be flying private jets and buying jeeps for stephaniess
i am not even talking about any 4kin tithes or bloody imam or pastor flying private jets. Why must there be a sensitive topic pushed to fp concerning christians on Sundays? Nothing about ogboni, nothing about islam, nothing about Buddhism. Why?

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by VajanahDischaj(f): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Josh44s:

My thoughts as well. Really Mumu admin. This site is own by a Yoruba Muslim I am beginning to think
they will face what they are seeking very soon. Its obvious the bloody pegan has hatred for the Christians
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Josh44s(m): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
they will face what they are seeking very soon. Its obvious the bloody pegan has hatred for the Christians

Ur profile pic sha lipsrsealed I hope u go church today and pray for forgiveness grin
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by VajanahDischaj(f): 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Josh44s:

Ur profile pic sha lipsrsealed I hope u go church today and pray for forgiveness grin
lool no oh. Pray for me abeg
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Babtunz: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
22times
winkAunty nah so u Drop d Lie Gbamm!!I hail ooo
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by malcom2x(m): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
profhezekiah:
U are commenting out of context extremist in religion is high condemned but talking about what people voluntarily gave,offerring and church membership is never by force,no church that is based on CHRIST and d HOLY BIBLE will ever force U for anything ur comment is just frivolous and sentimental,offerring collection and giving should never be anybody bizness once d giver is nt complaning, d thread and ur comment is certainly out of hatred and jealous, we can condemn forceful offerring,but voluntary offerring should even never be mention. Pleas if U are to condemn or address issues,condemn issues that are detrimental like extremism,killing,hatred,terrorism,religious intolerance etc.

Dear Brother ProfHezekiah.
You said i could condemn extremism and all while this your act breeds such. Too much emphasis on giving does not guarantee salvation. Our worst politicians do give and does that justify stealing? such focus on salvation. Despite the number of churches We still top the list of corrupt nation. Such contrast though.
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by judedwriter(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
lepasharon:
Isn't it interesting that a God who created everything needs ur paper money.

I wonder, does he eat money?
No...it smells like sweet aroma in His nostrils and His servants use it to preach the gospel.
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
How many times have they talked about islam on fridays? Mumu admins of this nonsense nairaland
thy don't talk much abt Islam bcoz of d picture on ur dp

#Nonsense
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by xboyelyusuf(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
i am not even talking about any 4kin tithes or bloody imam or pastor flying private jets. Why must there be a sensitive topic pushed to fp concerning christians on Sundays? Nothing about ogboni, nothing about islam, nothing about Buddhism. Why?
Sorry lady, I'm not sure i understand your point.I mean no offence anywhere.
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Babtunz:
winkAunty nah so u Drop d Lie Gbamm!!I hail ooo
Hehehehehe are you butch?
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by AYOUNG(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
Should this even be a topic to debate on
If you have offering or tithes to give, fine if you don't have ..
Were you under coercion to give..
Smh
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Jsaviour(f): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
profhezekiah:

And who told you that giving is not a major issue in churches. It is, cos I know a friend who they refused to ordain because he doesn't have tithe card but he had all it takes to serve in God's vineyard. One again they refuse to name/dedication her child because she doesn't pay tithe. It is a big issue even more than the extremist you mentioned. They segregate you once you don't pay tithe why? Because they are business men only after the money. Even jesus didnt collect from people but gave. These men are desperate I tell you. The day my pastor said if you don't pay tithe you will go to hell, i stopped going to the church. And its not a small church, One of the 3 biggest pentecostal churches in Nigeria.So my brother, it's a topic that should be well discussed.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
lepasharon:
Isn't it interesting that a God who created everything needs ur paper money.

I wonder, does he eat money?

You already know you are a baboon.

Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by lepasharon(f): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
GodBlessMe4Life:

You already know you are a baboon.

Ur god eats money doesn't he?
Re: How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? by profhezekiah: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Jsaviour:

And who told you that giving is not a major issue in churches. It is, cos I know a friend who they refused to ordain because he doesn't have tithe card but he had all it takes to serve in God's vineyard. One again they refuse to name/dedication her child because she doesn't pay tithe. It is a big issue even more than the extremist you mentioned. They segregate you once you don't pay tithe why? Because they are business men only after the money. Even jesus didnt collect from people but gave. These men are desperate I tell you. The day my pastor said if you don't pay tithe you will go to hell, i stopped going to the church. And its not a small church, One of the 3 biggest pentecostal churches in Nigeria.So my brother, it's a topic that should be well discussed.
U are still beating around d bush a so call church that force U to pay tithe and offering is just a bizness venture, JESUS and the BIBLE never state offering and tithe as a basis for christian, there are some pple that set up a bizness center they call church to make money, am a youth leader and a moderator in my church, I pay tithe and offerring rarely even I remember I never pay anything for 2 and half and no one ever ask me, so brother go to where nothing but the Biblical truth is been taught.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? / What Is Your Favourite Christmas Carol Song? / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.