Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar (3263 Views)

Sultan Of Sokoto, Oni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha, Obong Of Calabar In Imo For Summit / Ayo Da Silva: I Will Sue Presidency For Claiming I Endorsed Buhari / Osinbajo Conferred With Highest Chieftaincy Title In Calabar By Obong Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by ISKANDER23RD(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2017
The Obong of Calabar, Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi Otu V, has dissociated the palace and people of Efik kingdom from the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu and his agitation.

The monarch also called on the Police to arrest the man who recently visited Kanu, claiming to be his ’emissary’.

This is contained in a statement on Saturday by Chairman of the Etuboms’ Traditional Council, Palace of the Obong of Calabar, HRH Etubom Bassey Okor Bassey Duke.

It described the man whose identity remains unknown to the palace as an impersonator, who must face the full wrath of the law.

The statement reads: “The attention of the Obong of Calabar-in-Council has been drawn to a video currently making the rounds on social media in which a person is seen claiming to have been sent by the Obong of Calabar to ask Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB to visit him.

“The Obong of Calabar is one of only eight rulers recognised by the Federal Republic of Nigeria as Natural Rulers and Treaty Kings whose kingdoms existed hundreds of years before the amalgamation, and who interacted with, and signed Treaties and Agreements with Sovereign Nations in Africa and Europe.

“The content of this video is therefore a ridiculous insult, and the Obong of Calabar-in-Council dissociates itself completely from everything to do with the person and fake message carried in the video.

“From the poor illegitimate dressing, intonation, accent and comportment, it is clear that the person is a petty impersonator with dubious intentions. While freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Nigerian Constitution it does not extend to endorsing the propagation of falsehood of making fraudulent claims.

“The Obong of Calabar-in-Council, therefore calls on the security agencies to live up to expectation and immediately arrest and prosecute the impersonator whose face can clearly be seen in the video.”

http://biafrasay.com/p/326688/biafra-arrest-emissary-claiming-i-sent-him-to-nnamdi-kanu-ob

SOURCE : http://biafrasay.com

Mynd44, OAM4J

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Flatties: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2017
When beerfraud was scammed.

grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2017
Obong of Calabar, Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi Otu V, is an Afonja grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by edoyad(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2017
Lies, deceit and fraud.
Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by vanbonattel: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2017
The obong has only one vote, let's remember that.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by StOla: 11:53am On Jul 02, 2017
Hahahaha!

IPOB and propaganda.

Na so dem claim say "Afenifere visiting director" by staging a visit for us to believe.

Same propaganda of "Kunle and Alhaji" discussion.

Same propaganda as "Yoruba wife of IPOB member in Europe" calling the pirate hate radio station to declare her support for Biafra.

Same propaganda as "Gov Amosu and Gov Kashim" phone discussion.

Same propaganda as "Finance Minister tweets Igbos are irrelevant".

Igbos are yet to learn from their failed propaganda policy of the failed Biafra.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by edoyad(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2017
With the kind of people championing this affair, if the country eventually materialises even the constitution would be filled with lies

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by hmbassey1960(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2017
Eyak etong uwem esong fi obong mi

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by lytech1(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2017
I laugh when i see youths/group or some elders in the south distancing themselves from biafra issue.

They are all paid agent by the FG,
trying to fustrate NNAMANDI KANU to drop his agitation for BIAFRA.

I Felt sorry for this man and also for the future of Nigerians.

I doubt anything good can come out of this country without breakup..

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by hmbassey1960(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
grin
wetin?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Warship: 11:56am On Jul 02, 2017
Fake news

In this modern age, no TV station could authentic this news

Propaganda won't stop Freedom

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by seunmsg(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2017
“From the poor illegitimate dressing, intonation, accent and comportment, it is clear that the person is a petty impersonator with dubious intentions. While freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Nigerian Constitution it does not extend to endorsing the propagation of falsehood of making fraudulent claims.

Lies, blackmail, fraud, propaganda, falsehood, character assassination, impersonation and crass misrepresentation. Pretty much sums up the entire ipob agitation.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Every body avoiding beer Fura like its a plague

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Warship: 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
lytech1:
I laugh when i see youths/group or some elders in the south distancing themselves from biafra issue.

They are all paid agent by the FG,
trying to fustrate NNAMANDI KANU to drop his agitation for BIAFRA.

I Felt sorry for this man and also for the future of Nigerians.

I doubt anything good can come out of this country without breakup..

The news is fake

Why can't he invite an international TV station to authentic his disapproval

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Warship:
Fake news

In this modern age, no TV station could authentic this news

Propaganda won't stop Freedom
nnamdi cownu's Biafra is propaganda

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by ESDKING: 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Power belongs to the masses not elites.
If you want to know what people actually want, go to the street and ask a common man his opinion about a particular issue, you will be surprised that his opinion would be different from that of their leaders.

You can't tell the feelings of the masses from the opinion of their leaders.

Saying all these doesn't mean that this news is authentic, because mischievous people are every where.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Warship: 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
xstry:
nnamdi cownu's Biafra is propaganda

Completely fake news
A news like this would have being Televised by international Media.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Warship:

Completely fake news

A news like this would have being Televised by international Media.
shut up please. Them don deny una u dey argue the authenticity of the source.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Warship: 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
xstry:
shut up please. Them don deny una u dey argue the authenticity of the source.

Fake news peddling is a crime

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Warship:

Fake news peddling is a crime

If it was a crime, then y'all guilty as well

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by obong(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
ESDKING:
Power belongs to the masses not elites.
If you want to know what people actually want, go to the street and ask a common man his opinion about a particular issue, you will be surprised that his opinion would be different from that of their leaders.

You can't tell the feelings of the masses from the opinion of their leaders.

Saying all these doesn't mean that this news is authentic, because mischievous are every where.
so that means the views of the masses differ from those of nnamdi kanu?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Recent Nairaland syndrome: ( This is supposed to be a social media not a Tribal Media against perceived Enemy)

Move every anti-IPOB Thread to FP,
Leave every pro IPOB/IGBO Thread in its sections
Move every Igbo Divisional Thread to FP, including turning Church issue to Igbo Tribal Problem
Delete completely every Northern Thread Against Yorubas,

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by SwiftNerd(m): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Show us some VIDEO as prove. After all, the said emissary was on video saying the Obong sent him.

If it's a fake news, then HRM will want to protect his image by making a video of him refuting the said NEWS.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Kellibae(f): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
FAF!!. Fake as ff

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by gartamanta: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
There is so much fake news these days that it is getting to a point where I only believe videos. I saw the video where the man told Kanu that the Obong of Calabar wants to meet Kanu and Kanu agreed to do so.

I dont know if the messenger was real or fake same as I dont know if this letter said to be from the Obong is real
Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by adadike281(f): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
my new name is look look. na to dey look una I dey
Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by oilyngbati(m): 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
edoyad:
With the kind of people championing this affair, if the country eventually materialises even the constitution would be filled with lies
And your zoo constitution is filled with truth, kwo? Coming from a fool whose people is being decimated by Fulani herdsmen, lol!
Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nigerian government and its Gimmicks.. no be today.

if Ohanaeze South East governors, dey misyan.
how much more UBONG..
alot is at stake..

and we understand.. a

actually took him a week to issue rebuttalm

obviously alot went down.

no biggie.. Ubong we feel your plight. IPOB never forget.

make Afonjas come masturbate gallantly on the thread.

the SPIRIT is alive..

IPOB is the movement.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
Obong na old coward

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by KahlDrogo(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
No need for the arrest sir, because no such person even exists to start with. These people live, eat, and breathe lies. It is just the way they survive. cheesy

You don't expect anything less from a people whose chosen leader worships the bones of dead animals. grin

13 Likes

Re: Biafra: Arrest ’emissary’ Claiming I Sent Him To Nnamdi Kanu – Obong Of Calabar by SARMAT: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
bounty007:
Nigerian government and its Gimmicks.. no be today.

if Ohanaeze South East governors, dey misyan.
how much more UBONG..
alot is at stake..

and we understand.. a

actually took him a week to issue rebuttalm

obviously alot went down.

no biggie.. Ubong we feel your plight. IPOB never forget.

make Afonjas come masturbate gallantly on the thread.

the SPIRIT is alive..

IPOB is the movement.

correct

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive: Fayemi Buys N1.2bn Mansion In Lagos, Rakes In N2bn From Primary / Buhari Minister, Audu Ogbeh, Defeated Roundly In His Country Home By PDP / Kwara Decides: PDP Takes Early Lead As Military, DSS Takes Over State With Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.