Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home (58418 Views)

"My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by sekem: 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Why always women? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by holluphemydavid(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
So pathetic
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Some women can be like that, it doesnt necessarily mean she is wicked, I think the best thing you can do is sit her down and remind her that things were not always like this.I cannot spend on a guy, but a husband and father of my child, its no big deal. She needs some serious therapy,she might not even realise she is hurting her marriage with her attitude
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
sonofLuci:

Okay lol as e still they function go put help for mmm na grin grin
lol
u wan murder me??
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by stagger: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
OP,
Move out of your house suddenly and without explanation. See if you can stay with a friend or relative and sort yourself out. Cut off all communication with her. Only pay a certain amount of money into an account to pay for basics for your kid. Forget looking for another job. Start a business or go into farming.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by bayulll011(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Fabulocity:
No mind them. Na so dem go dey run their mouth. The woman is wrong in her actions but I really can't blame her. It takes great grace not to react in the same way the woman did.

hypocrisy of the highest order when they say gender equality u lot will be the first to rant here,woman generally are silly being if not for kids I say they should be left alone,after devil fear woman

15 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by keypad1: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
dingbang:
what kind of stupid woman is that?
are you sure women will go to heaven with this satanic behaviour?
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Bakerdav: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bro just go and rent pond and go for fish farming business
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by tripoli007(m): 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is one of the reason ,I will never support anybody to fully back on 8-5 job anything can happen.. Have something to fall on .. Bros fish farming ain't a bad idea to start up with ,if u have got space
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
It's normal for a woman to loose her cool especially when the finances are down. Just tolerate. The words won't kill you. If she isn't cheating on you, she might still be sane. Truth is, It may be a long road, real long one ahead before the next job comes. I ll advice you find some little hustle that can bring in something however small. You have a car, uber won't be a bad idea bro. Depending on where you are.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
che, women again !!!

Just ignore her & don't pay anything back, Infact behave like the man of the house with confidence like you paid for everything.
Alpha male & all that. infact always sleep in, dont wake up early ( hoho, i can imagine her being very furious & extremely annoyed cheesy )

When she nags, pretend she is a smelly sh#t. after shes done ask her whats for dinner or say something like "oh ur done already"

Never get pisssd off at her.

Get something working at the side but dont tell her till it's too big to hide or she mend her ways.

ALSO DON'T EVER BEAT HER OR SHOUT BACK, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

Trust me it works grin

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Markikus: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Fear them she devils
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Before you mention me to say shît, please get your facts right. Have you ever seen me say I'm an advocate of gender equality? Have I ever called myself a feminist? But why're you men always hiding under the mask of gender equality to abdicate your responsibilities?
bayulll011:

hypocrisy of the highest order when they say gender equality u lot will be the first to rant here,woman generally are silly being if not for kids I say they should be left alone,after devil fear woman

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
dingbang:
what kind of stupid woman is that?

Almost every woman. Go into a marriage, lose your job and you will wake up to the truth.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Btruth: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Women and their mouth ehn! OP please just be calm as much as possible. Don't worry about all her abuses. I know the Lord will sort you out soon in Jesus name. Don't give up, just use all your mental energy to concentrate on how to get a good job or on how to start a small business. It will even be better if you have a work/business that can be taking you out of the house for some days, so that her head can be straighten up. If she provide food, eat. If she doesn't please look for garri to soak, drink and sleep for that night. There's definitely going to be a turn around soon. And please don't foget to come back to tell us her good mood when she will see the glory of God shinning on you. Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thank You!!! You Understand!!!
majekdom2:
It's normal for a woman to loose her cool especially when the finances are down. Just tolerate. The words won't kill you. If she isn't cheating on you, she might still be sane. Truth is, It may be a long road, real long one ahead before the next job comes. I ll advice you find some little hustle that can bring in something however small. You have a car, uber won't be a bad idea bro. Depending on where you are.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
stagger:
OP,
Move out of your house suddenly and without explanation. See if you can stay with a friend or relative and sort yourself out. Cut off all communication with her. Only pay a certain amount of money into an account to pay for basics for your kid. Forget looking for another job. Start a business or go into farming.

why would you advise a man to leave his family. Dude says he doesn't even have money. He can't leave for a private time but not sure time to sort out one's self. That takes time.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by wristbangle: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Fabulocity:
She's not a gold digger. What gold is there to dig in a banker's salary anyway? Many women would react that way especially if they feel the husband has gotten too comfortable with them financing the home, and if he isn't making any effort at finding a new job. She's simply reminding him to be a MAN and resume his responsibilities once again. Although she's doing this the wrong way.

That God your last sentence did a justice to your comment otherwise I would have counter you but it doesn't stop her that inherently she possess a gold digging habit. Do you think it's easy to find job nowadays. It is times like this we know virtuous woman. Sorry she is a padded gold digger and please don't say what's there to pad in banker's salary. Do you know some banker's earn up to 800k plus bonus at middle level management?
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Jettage: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.

A good woman who can find? Most women are like this. They care about the money and food. If serendipity smiled on them when the man falls, they cannot do what the man did naturally without exhibiting pride and arrogance.
Most likely she is opening her lustful door to another lustful admirer in her place of work.
Women are the same everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.

sir base on wat you are complaining of the whole issue you have is compatibility,you guys didn't set priorities right from start,I know it is not a prayer for anyone to loose a job but there should be a system built to tackle this things,of course you should expect this its not her duty to provide,you should know better and not complain

my advice sir get to improve on your values,get your self a job invest on your mental capacity and learn how to manage this kind of situation, first and foremost sir run quickly to God,I recommend a retreat you and your God
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

That's exactly how women are, And I don't see it as a bad thing generally. Women in this part of the world usually do not know how to handle stress. once a woman gets overburdened, She will go haywire n outta control.

My suggestion is that u start something tomorrow, even if it's driving a bus n keke to bring home 3k daily, That'll be enough. JUST UNDERSTAND THAT WOMEN ARE A DIFFERENT KIND OF CREATURE. women can't carry financial stress like men. good day.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
God rested after creating everything but since he created woman both God and man has not rested.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by edeXede: 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
sad
If I talk now, some people will be mentioning me up and down..

But l cant help but talk on this..

Op! you are a fool for coming here to seek sympathy.

A fool for allowing your wife to feed the house.. Either you lost your job or not, always be the man.

You should have used your wife or child for ritual immediately you lost your job but it is not yet late. you know what to do..
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by bezimo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
I have always said most women cannot manage success. They get a little money here and there, they begin to feel like they can call the shots and become disrespectful. I have heard several stories of this scenario..It's so unfortunate.
Guy, try your best and hustle, start business, and double your efforts to get another job while trusting God for his favour. Take responsibility!!!!

Your wife respect and submission to you if it ever was, was fake and based on your financial earnings and not based on your position as the head of the home like someone pointed out.Your wife is a fake fake, callous and selfish person. I doubt if that wife loves you.If she ever claims so. It was fake.

Even if you didn't loose your job, if she got a job that payed more than yours, she would still disrespect you. Because the thing that causes such behavior is part of her. You married a selfish greedy woman who doesn't love you and has been deceiving you. A woman you have been taken care of, sponsored her postgraduate turns back at you because you are challenged. Na fake woman be that

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by udemzyudex(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
That's the worst thing that can happen to a man, being jobless..

That's why i always advice people to learn a skill, if you can't learn a skill, learn a trade, even if it is one month training on how to go about the business, where to get the product and how to market then do your job and keep saving.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by kaziblake(f): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ifyone123:
Its high time you men should stop giving us girls money but rather buy her gifts( d ones u cn afford o) if she cant cope wit it n she cheats or dares to break up..plz wit all joy.. let her go. She ent d kind dat cn giv u peace. Most fat men ar fat not mainly because of d food dia wives feeds on them but because of PEACE!!!

do u knw wat peace can giv? happiness, joy, etc..name dem.....well Op i undastand wat u ar goin tru. It gets into our heads wen we earn mor dan our spouse some/most times.

Advise for men: before u settle with her..make sure she is earning n make contribution for FAMILY(not only a man) upkeep. Marriages can b so sweet wen both couple take up home responsibilities happily because u dint marry her jst fr her to b on d receiving end. OP if she venture asks if u ar a man plzzzz denounce being a man. I swear dat will scatter her head.lol...well u made a mistake at 1st...dats wat Emeka ike is goin through now sha...so key into my suggestion if u can..d choosing is left for u
Looking for cheap likes
Pretender!Go and marry first and see how it feels.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by naturefellow(m): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Pele bro. Wish you speedy financial recovery!
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by diva90: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
It's normal. Hard for a woman to respect a man who doesn't have or bring anything to the table and this has nothing to do with whether she's exposed, well trained or not. Try as much as possible to avoid arguments with her and try to find something to do that will bring income into the house, no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by porozhniy(m): 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Una get a car which I believe was bought from your salary, your problem is 90% percent solved for now.
You have to leave your white collar mentality behind & hit the road (taxi driver).
State governments don't pay much so I'm sure you can easily surpass her take home pay.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
eph12:

So this is normal? How is this normal? This can make a guy depressed or consider doing some illegal shite and we will come back to blame the guy.

It is encouragement for you to hustle harder. No woman wants to take care of a man. It's best you learn this today.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ifyone123:
Lol...ivn d so called investment is a gamble(dats if u knw wat gambling is)..Let me make it easy.

Investment: Risk

gamble: Risk

Investment: Loses ar inevitable

Gamble: Loses ar inevitable

If am stil wrong..fix me right

lol... well... it depends on the type of investment you are talking about.

You are an MMM addict... but I don't wanna stress the argument.

MMM is not an investment. You don't even know where the money is coming from.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Dancos: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ask God to direct you on the next business to do. When ever you are working for an organisation everyday,should be seen as your last day in that establishment because it is not your fathers company. 30% only of your salary should be used for consumption the rest should be saved for the rainy days, though people might laugh at you cos you might not be spending money as your colleague but you have your future covered. Self first is not selfishness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) / Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This! / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.