Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

What's The Meaning Of Your Name? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Meaning Of Your Name? (5134 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Sherikoko ? / For Those Who Dont Know The Meaning Of MGTOW / What Is The Meaning Of This Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
room089:
Omolade - Child is king
The igbo rendition of the name is Nwa bu eze
Child is king biti bawo?
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:

Save for Abiodun, the rest are weird names (no offence)
cheesy cheesy

There is nothing weird in those names and they are really lovely names with good meanings.

Tanwa or Omotanwa : Means the child we have been looking for . It's most likely that she's the first female of the family after many combatant boys.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
Child is king biti bawo?

Layman translation should be child is crown but I am sure the meaning is much deeper than that
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
kayzat:

There is nothing weird in those names and they are really lovely names with good meanings.

Tanwa or Omotanwa : Means the child we have been looking for . It's most likely that she's the first female of the family after many combatant boys.
Well, i think the name is ........... an anomaly, so to say. I've never heard or seen someone go by the name 'Emiloju'. I only know its a catchphrase in Yoruba..........
It's all relative, isn't it?

#Dyt#, Once again, no offence meant
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
Well, i think the name is ........... an anomaly, so to say. I've never heard or seen someone go by the name 'Emiloju'. I only know its a catchphrase in Yoruba..........
It's all relative, isn't it?

#Dyt#, Once again, no offence meant

Airin jina la o ri Abule okere. I once have a friend bearing that name as him surname and there is another family in my hometown with Emilandu as their surname.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
kayzat:

Airin jina la o ri Abule okere. I once have a friend bearing that name as him surname and there is another family in my hometown with Emilandu as their surname.
Emilandu shocked shocked...... Let me hop on the bandwagon. Shift for me, let me faint

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
Emilandu shocked shocked...... Let me hop on the bandwagon. Shift for me, let me faint

Be careful with your head while you're fainting ma.

But actually I have heard some of the worst names . One of my teacher's was bearing "Kuse" and if I should tell you the full meaning you will go to bed immediately.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Dyt(f): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:

Save for Abiodun, the rest are weird names (no offence)
cheesy cheesy

Someone wants me so badly
cheesy cheesy cheesy

kayzat:

Idayat is Arabic name . The best woman in my family bears that name.

She's the coolest human being I have ever known.

I think I am actually
Mucheche
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by aysuprano(m): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
Mukhtar- The chosen one
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I think I am actually
Mucheche

You think you're what ma Yeepa, I yaff died . You used to be one the trouble makers on this section but I have not been seeing much of your troublesomeness for some times here.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Dyt(f): 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
kayzat:

You think you're what ma Yeepa, I yaff died . You used to be one the trouble makers on this section but I have not been seeing much of your troublesomeness for some times here.

Iyaf sheng
cry cry
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Cuddlebugie(f): 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
kayzat:

Be careful with your head while you're fainting ma.

But actually I have heard some of the worst names . One of my teacher's was bearing "Kuse" and if I should tell you the full meaning you will go to bed immediately.
You sef, i no just understand. Are you from the 18th century? How come you know all these people with 'ogbonge' names? BTW, you haven't told us your name and its meaning.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
You sef, i no just understand. Are you from the 18th century? How come you know all these people with 'ogbonge' names? BTW, you haven't told us your name and its meaning.

Maybe because I be local boy. I don't think I have any weird name(s) sha .

Abiola

Olanrewaju

Adeola
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dyt:

Iyaf sheng cry cry

Indeed.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Cuddlebugie(f): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
kayzat:

Maybe because I be local boy. I don't think I have any weird name(s) sha .

Abiola
Olanrewaju
Adeola
They are common names........Omo Ola.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by kayzat: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
They are common names........Omo Ola.

Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by pulsatingpen: 1:15am On Jul 06, 2017
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Mist100: 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
EfemenaXY:
Efemena - my wealth
Urhobo right?
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by EfemenaXY: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mist100:

Urhobo right?

No. Isoko.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by DarkRebel69: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
EfemenaXY:
Efemena - my wealth

Affix the letters ‘T’ and ‘E’ accordingly to your name and it'd sound less like “my wealth” and more like that English word for “sissy boy”.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by EfemenaXY: 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Affix the letters ‘T’ and ‘E’ accordingly to your name and it'd sound less like “my wealth” and more like that English word for “sissy boy”.

It's really quite hot and the temperature ever soaring I'm in no frame of mind to decipher cryptic writing.

Break it down Darkenedrebel.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by DarkRebel69: 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
EfemenaXY:

It's really quite hot and the temperature ever soaring I'm in no frame of mind to decipher cryptic writing.

Break it down Darkenedrebel.

When a greek goddess, one that is profound in beauty and unparalled in wisdom, asks a mere mortal to “break it down”, one can only deduce that there must indeed be a swelling disturbance in the force. grin

If we append the letters ‘T’ and ‘E’ to Efemena, it becomes “Efemenate”. And that sounds unmistakenly familiar to “effeminate”, aka “sissy boy”.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by EfemenaXY: 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
DarkRebel69:

When a greek goddess, one that is profound in beauty and unparalled in wisdom, asks a mere mortal to “break it down”, one can only deduce that there must indeed be a swelling disturbance in the force. grin

If we append the letters ‘T’ and ‘E’ to Efemena, it becomes “Efemenate”. And that sounds unmistakenly familiar like “effeminate”, aka “sissy boy”.

Well....

Let's just say my Ying isn't aligned with my Yang thus the cosmic imbalance.

Effeminate?? angry sad cheesy

Tsk...tsk
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by DarkRebel69: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Well....

Let's just say my Ying isn't aligned with my Yang thus the cosmic imbalance.

Effeminate?? angry sad cheesy

Tsk...tsk

It's a good thing that I'm quite versed in the well-coveted craft of the ancient Hindu Brahmins. cheesy
Now, place your trust on the flat of my palms and allow me serve as your cynosure, that patient flourescent flame that guides you into the fifth dimension, as the Poet Virgil guided poor Dante out of the Inferno. Give me your hands and let me take you on a tour which only ends when a certain cosmic wholeness descends upon your shoulders and that ostensible imbalance is forever banished into the glooming dungeons of nothingness.

All you have to do... is to close your eyes and give me your hands. grin
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by EfemenaXY: 5:46am On Jul 13, 2017
DarkRebel69:

It's a good thing that I'm quite versed in the well-coveted craft of the ancient Hindu Brahmins. cheesy
Now, place your trust on the flat of my palms and allow me serve as your cynosure, that patient flourescent flame that guides you into the fifth dimension, as the Poet Virgil guided poor Dante out of the Inferno. Give me your hands and let me take you on a tour which only ends when a certain cosmic wholeness descends upon your shoulders and that ostensible imbalance is forever banished into the glooming dungeons of nothingness.

All you have to do... is to close your eyes and give me your hands. grin

You really are an enigmatic, abstruse yet paradoxically the most quintessential character I've ever come across on nland.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by udysweet(f): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2017
The will of God
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by DarkRebel69: 7:46am On Jul 13, 2017
EfemenaXY:

You really are an enigmatic, abstruse yet paradoxically the most quintessential character I've ever come across on nland.

Efe! All these adjectival fireworks just for me? Today must be my lucky day.

It would be unfair if I didn't reciprocate by proferring a topographical description of you as well. So, who is Efemena?: Efemena is a woman who has a photo on her DP which I reckon was intentionally put there for the purpose of keeping the imagination running wild with guesses; she also is one who's too stingy with her books, who didn't want to send Mysterious depths to me so I could peruse through without payment, like the Ijebu man I am. grin

You had quoted my other post before, the one wherein I posted that YouTube video portraying those tonsured monks. Was that a slip-up? I was thinking that the video touched you in a way, and poor me was already itching to refer you to more of those Gregorian chants, hopefully to get you initiated into its cult of listeners.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Efe! All these adjectival fireworks just for me? Today must be my lucky day.

It would be unfair if I didn't reciprocate by proferring a topographical description of you as well. So, who is Efemena?: Efemena is a woman with a photo on her DP which I reckon was meant to keep the imagination running wild with guesses; she also is one who's too stingy with her books, who didn't want to send Mysterious depths to me so I could peruse through without payment. grin

You had quoted my other post before, the one wherein I posted that YouTube video portraying those tonsured monks. Was that a slip-up? I was thinking that the video touched you in a way, and poor me was already itching to refer you to more of those Gregorian chants, hopefully to get you initiated into the cult of listeners.

Kai!

Rebel..
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by DarkRebel69: 7:52am On Jul 13, 2017
daylyt:

Kai!

Rebel..

Kai!

Daylyt..

Good morning, sir.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 13, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Kai!

Daylyt..

Good morning, sir.

Good morning bro.

You ain't on rap section anymore. Why na?
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by DarkRebel69: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2017
daylyt:

Good morning bro.

You ain't on rap section anymore. Why na?

It's not just me, the section's been Mary Celeste for a long time. I guess people got busy with other things.
Re: What's The Meaning Of Your Name? by Buffalo2(m): 10:06am On Jul 13, 2017
TEGA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? / My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House / Teaching Your Wife How To Drive!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.