Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,157 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa (1009 Views)

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Ifedimma Onwugbufor / The Rise And Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu By Shaka Momodu / Biafra: Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by Nkemakonam62: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
Listen brother KANU , I understand the frustration. I wish things can work that way. But everything that happens in the world has a precedent and there is something called international law. That's where the elites and intelligentsia are important for the struggle.

John Garange was elite of the South Sudan he was instrumental to the peace talk that led to independence of South Sudan. After he died in a plane crash, Silva Kiir, his lieutenant, who was also another elite, took over and led the country to Independence.

Our people should be very careful so that they do not shoot themselves in the foot. Things do not happen by emotions. The international law does not recognize emotions.

First and foremost Nigeria is an independent sovereign state, a member state of the UN, AU, Commonwealth of Nations and Ecowas. She has diplomatic relations with over 100 countries in the world. Her sovereignty is respected and protected under the UN law, it means that until she decides by herself to partitioned herself, no country in the world will recognize any part of Nigeria that forced itself out of Nigeria.

A country is a country when it is recognized by other countries as a sovereign state recognized by the UN and member states.

I give you an example of what will happen when the elite of Igboland do not engage Nigeria in discussions about self determination. By the way the 1999 constitution does not have any provisions for self determination of any part of the federation like the US or U.K. Constitution, for a debate or discussion to happen about letting a part to go the constitution which is the supreme law of the law must be amended or changed.

This is what will happen if you fail to act within the international law framework. You will become like entities such as Northern Cyprus which broke away from the south in 1974 with the support of Turkish Army; which after 42 years, no country in the world other than Turkey recognized.

The north Cyprus does not do business with any country in the world, they do not have international passport recognized by any country in the world, their citizens are given Turkish citizenship so that they can travel out. Their money is not recognized by world bank and they cannot trade with the outside world. But they have been existing on their own for 42 years now. Currently they are agitating for reunification with the South which is called Greek Cyprus.

This is a precedent to look at. Somaliland was colonized by Britain while Somalia was colonized by Italy. After independence, Somaliland willingly join their Somali brothers to become the republic of Somalia. When civil war broke out in Somalia about 25 years ago, Somaliland which was very peaceful and functioning, withdrew from the Somalia republic.

25 years after, even though Somalia is a failed state and Somaliland has been having peaceful democratic elections and functioning like a state, no country in the would recognized Somaliland as a country. Her citizens are still called Somali and can only travel outside with Republic of Somalia passport.

Somaliland is living on international aid because it cannot do business with any country in the world. Their money cannot exchange for international currencies because it's not recognized by world bank and IMF. This is a precedent in our own Africa.

The two breakaway regions of Georgia known as South Ossetia and Abkhazia are recognized only by Russia more than 10 years after they broke away from Republic of Georgia with Russian support. Till this day only Russia recognized them as a sovereign entity. No one does business with them. In order for them to travel out they took Russian citizenship and obtain Russian passports. But by international law they are still Georgians.

Ukraine conflict is still on till this day. The East broke out of the Ukraine with the help of Russia military. The war is still on. Even though for 3 years the Ukrainian government is not in control of those regions. No country in the
full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/07/open-letter-to-nnamdi-kanu-by-modesty.html?m=1

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by Heromaniaa: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by Godwin2016: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
I still want my Biafra whether recognised under international law or not.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by ShootToKill: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Another lamentation from anti-biafran buffoons. IPOB will not shift grounds, Arewa if you shift ground God punish you.

grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by laudate: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nkemakonam62:
Listen brother KANU , I understand the frustration. I wish things can work that way. But everything that happens in the world has a precedent and there is something called international law. That's where the elites and intelligentsia are important for the struggle.

John Garange was elite of the South Sudan he was instrumental to the peace talk that led to independence of South Sudan. After he died in a plane crash, Silva Kiir, his lieutenant, who was also another elite, took over and led the country to Independence.

Our people should be very careful so that they do not shoot themselves in the foot. Things do not happen by emotions. The international law does not recognize emotions.

First and foremost Nigeria is an independent sovereign state, a member state of the UN, AU, Commonwealth of Nations and Ecowas. She has diplomatic relations with over 100 countries in the world. Her sovereignty is respected and protected under the UN law, it means that until she decides by herself to partitioned herself, no country in the world will recognize any part of Nigeria that forced itself out of Nigeria.

A country is a country when it is recognized by other countries as a sovereign state recognized by the UN and member states.

I give you an example of what will happen when the elite of Igboland do not engage Nigeria in discussions about self determination. By the way the 1999 constitution does not have any provisions for self determination of any part of the federation like the US or U.K. Constitution, for a debate or discussion to happen about letting a part to go the constitution which is the supreme law of the law must be amended or changed.

This is what will happen if you fail to act within the international law framework. You will become like entities such as Northern Cyprus which broke away from the south in 1974 with the support of Turkish Army; which after 42 years, no country in the world other than Turkey recognized.

The north Cyprus does not do business with any country in the world, they do not have international passport recognized by any country in the world, their citizens are given Turkish citizenship so that they can travel out. Their money is not recognized by world bank and they cannot trade with the outside world. But they have been existing on their own for 42 years now. Currently they are agitating for reunification with the South which is called Greek Cyprus.

This is a precedent to look at. Somaliland was colonized by Britain while Somalia was colonized by Italy. After independence, Somaliland willingly join their Somali brothers to become the republic of Somalia. When civil war broke out in Somalia about 25 years ago, Somaliland which was very peaceful and functioning, withdrew from the Somalia republic.

25 years after, even though Somalia is a failed state and Somaliland has been having peaceful democratic elections and functioning like a state, no country in the would recognized Somaliland as a country. Her citizens are still called Somali and can only travel outside with Republic of Somalia passport.

Somaliland is living on international aid because it cannot do business with any country in the world. Their money cannot exchange for international currencies because it's not recognized by world bank and IMF. This is a precedent in our own Africa.

The two breakaway regions of Georgia known as South Ossetia and Abkhazia are recognized only by Russia more than 10 years after they broke away from Republic of Georgia with Russian support. Till this day only Russia recognized them as a sovereign entity. No one does business with them. In order for them to travel out they took Russian citizenship and obtain Russian passports. But by international law they are still Georgians.

Ukraine conflict is still on till this day. The East broke out of the Ukraine with the help of Russia military. The war is still on. Even though for 3 years the Ukrainian government is not in control of those regions. No country in the
full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/07/open-letter-to-nnamdi-kanu-by-modesty.html?m=1

Goodness, gracious me!! shocked How I wish I could dash you 1,000 likes for this post. wink It is one of the most interesting pieces, I have read in a long time. May God increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life!

Getting a country is one thing, acquiring international recognition for such a new nation, is another. Dem think say na beans? shocked

cc:jpphilips, Mujtahida, Sanchez01, Rossikk, Ramdeuter, Lushore1, Fratermathy, Dumaknesset, fulanmafia, wristbangl etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
In order words if biafra breaks out of Nigeria only Nigeria will recognize it as a country. They still need Nigerian passports to travel. Their currency will be useless and the world will not recognize it as a country.
Good information

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by laudate: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
ShootToKill:
Another lamentation from anti-biafran buffoons. IPOB will not shift grounds, Arewa if you shift ground God punish you. grin grin

Nobody is anti-Biafra here. And there are no lamentations. sad We just want you to be well-equipped with the facts, so that you can quickly get your own merry homeland. The sooner you get it, the better for the rest of us.

You chaps are fond of blaming others, when things do not work out the way you planned. We just want to ensure that this time around, you will not be able to shift the blame in the direction of other ethnic groups, by claiming they did not warn you of the loopholes, well ahead of time. The same way African leaders like Habib Ben Ali Bourguiba of Tunisia, Nnamdi Azikiwe of Nigeria and even the late Adeyinka Adebayo of the old Western region warned Ojukwu in the past, and he refused to listen. Everyone saw the result of his decision. Nobody should wake up tomorrow & say we did not do our duty in notifying you. undecided

So, we have spotted the minefields on your path. And have brought it to your attention. Anything that happens afterwards, is solely your own responsibility. sad Daalu zi!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by KahlDrogo(m): 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
Articles like this are meant for human beings with functional brains and not the type of beings we suppose are its target readers. Telling any ipob yoot to read, digest and have a rethink over this is like telling Shekau to dine with the Pope. cry

Ipob yoots are just as radicalised as your average Islamic terrorist. The only difference is that the former aren't blowing themselves up just yet. lipsrsealed

These are people that believe biafra already has embasies in and recognised by over 180 countries over the world. How do you begin to make them think otherwise? shocked

We all know this nonsense is a carefully crafted fraud by a layabout who took advantage of a people's anger and frustration over their loss at a poll to project himself as their chosen Messiah, both politically and religion wise.

As for me, I just wish they get what they are agitating for. It would be a huge pleasure watching from a distance how they build their utopia in a matter of months.

Shalom my Jewish neighbors. embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by Mujtahida: 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

Goodness, gracious me!! shocked How I wish I could dash you 1,000 likes for this post. wink It is one of the most interesting pieces, I have read in a long time. May God increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life!

Getting a country is one thing, acquiring international recognition for such a new nation, is another. Dem think say na beans? shocked

cc:jpphilips, Mujtahida, Sanchez01, Rossikk, Ramdeuter, Lushore1, Fratermathy, Dumaknesset, fulanmafia, wristbangl etc.
By virtue of our constitution secession is illegal. In the US on the authority of the case of Texas versus White the Supreme Court of the United ruled that seccession was illegal even though the court did not rule out the possibility of a state seceding with the consent of other States. It was this case that Azikiwe relied on when he argued against Awolowo's proposal for seccession to be included in our constitution at the Constitutional Conference in 1954 https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/my-role-in-the-civil-war-by-zik/119382.html

Currently they are at least 111 secessionist movements scattered all over Europe with 17 in Spain alone.

But you see laudate back home here what concerns me in all of this is this: What are the things that make such calls appealing. Let us lift the veil and penetrate the depths to find underlying and predisposing factors. What is your view about the current state of Nigeria? Are we to continue this way? Is the status quo one that is cast in stone for all time?

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by ShootToKill: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

[b]Nobody is anti-Biafra here. And there are no lamentations. sad We just want you to be well-equipped with the facts, so that you can quickly get your own merry homeland. The sooner you get it, the better for the rest of us.

You chaps are fond of blaming others, when things do not work out the way you planned. We just want to ensure that this time around, you will not be able to shift the blame in the direction of other ethnic groups, by claiming they did not warn you of the loopholes, well ahead of time. The same way African leaders like Habib Ben Ali Bourguiba of Tunisia, Nnamdi Azikiwe of Nigeria and even the late Adeyinka Adebayo of the old Western region warned Ojukwu in the past, and he refused to listen. Everyone saw the result of his decision. Nobody should wake up tomorrow & say we did not do our duty in notifying you. undecided

So, we have spotted the minefields on your path. And have brought it to your attention. Anything that happens afterwards, is solely your own responsibility. sad Daalu zi![/s]

Are you tired of shouting 'kanu and beans' with your ewedu-stained lips? Oh you want to 'join body' and vote in the Biafran referendum wey no concern you? Did the welsh vote in the scot referendum? Answer the question and stop looking for nylon-bag for your storage of shiit.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by laudate: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
ShootToKill:
Are you tired of shouting 'kanu and beans' with your ewedu-stained lips? Oh you want to 'join body' and vote in the Biafran referendum wey no concern you? Did the welsh vote in the scot referendum? Answer the question and looking for nylon-bag for your storage of shiit.
grin grin

You were the one caught at a downtown buka begging for ewedu soup, have you forgotten? shocked And you (as well as your brothers) have been begging, praying and fasting that the Nigerian authorities should give you chaps permission to conduct a referendum, not so? As long as they remain oblivious to your request, or withhold their permission, you are stuck here. Even the constitution does not allow referendum. You should actually be thinking out of the box, and strategising on how to get the state authorities to agree to your request for a referendum, instead of clamouring for a bag to store your shiit!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by SirVintageCock: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

You were the one caught at a downtown buka begging for ewedu soup, have you forgotten? shocked And you (as well as your brothers) have been begging, praying and fasting that the Nigerian authorities should give you chaps permission to conduct a referendum, not so? As long as they remain oblivious to your request, or withhold their permission, you are stuck here. Even the constitution does not allow referendum. You should actually be thinking out of the box, and strategising on how to get the state authorities to agree to your request for a referendum, instead of clamouring for a bag to store your shiit!
What's your obsession with a people you HATE so much?
Why can't you chart your own course and leave Biafrans alone?
Someone asked you a vital question up there but you will evade it as if it is no there. Answer it and stop sitting on the damn fence.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by fastjett: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

The constitution does not support restructuring. There is no where the 1999 constitution support restructuring so if Nigeria must restructure, they will amend the constitution and we will push for referendum to be included so stop taking drugs for Biafra matters.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by laudate: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
SirVintageCock:
What's your obsession with a people you HATE so much?
Why can't you chart your own course and leave Biafrans alone?
Someone asked you a vital question up there but you will evade it as if it is no there. Answer it and stop sitting on the damn fence.
I do not hate the Biafrans. sad I have said it clearly that I hope & pray they get their Biafra, as quickly as possible. undecided And I only answer intelligent questions, not those designed to cause distraction. Let me ask you a question too. The United Kingdom, is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Would the Scots have been able to hold a referendum without the agreement of the UK govt?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by Aufbauh(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Biafra: a tale and litany of woes championed by a psychopath and believed by indolent mofos.

Meanwhile KahlDrogo writes like one of my bruh. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by jpphilips(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
@OP, why on earth do you want to spoil our biafra fun?

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by jpphilips(m): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Godwin2016:
I still want my Biafra whether recognised under international law or not.

Reality is a b!tch!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by jpphilips(m): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
laudate:

Nobody is anti-Biafra here. And there are no lamentations. sad We just want you to be well-equipped with the facts, so that you can quickly get your own merry homeland. The sooner you get it, the better for the rest of us.

So, we have spotted the minefields on your path. And have brought it to your attention. Anything that happens afterwards, is solely your own responsibility. sad Daalu zi!

Funny it is an Igbo man that just advised his igbo brothers, do you expect people who tie choker with baseball cap to have common sense?

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by Curlieweed: 2:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mujtahida:

By virtue of our constitution secession is illegal. In the US on the authority of the case of Texas versus White the Supreme Court of the United ruled that seccession was illegal even though the court did not rule out the possibility of a state seceding with the consent of other States. It was this case that Azikiwe relied on when he argued against Awolowo's proposal for seccession to be included in our constitution at the Constitutional Conference in 1954 https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/my-role-in-the-civil-war-by-zik/119382.html

Currently they are at least 111 secessionist movements scattered all over Europe with 17 in Spain alone.

But you see laudate back home here what concerns me in all of this is this: What are the things that make such calls appealing. Let us lift the veil and penetrate the depths to find underlying and predisposing factors. What is your view about the current state of Nigeria? Are we to continue this way? Is the status quo one that is cast in stone for all time?

Now, this is a man thinking.
Re: Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Modesty Vitus M Ezenwa by laudate: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mujtahida:

Guy, if you had asked me this question on Quora or any other forum, I would have responded with facts, figures and detailed observations. But there are too many brainwashed myopic minds on NL running amok, that would just take delight in launching missiles of hate to discredit anything one says. Let me finish dealing with them first on another thread, before coming back here to respond to your questions, as briefly as I can.

(1) (Reply)

Why Only The Poor Want Biafra..nairalanders Point Of View / I'll Return To Nigeria Once My Doctor Gives Me The Go Ahead - Buhari / How Nigerian Army Pushed Igbo Spirits Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.