Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? (15853 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? / These Are The Dirtiest And The Most Germ-riddled Parts Of Your Car-By Motorpoint / Ever Mistaken Someone Else's Car To Be Yours??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by jashar(f): 7:52am On Jul 04, 2017
When we get car, we go talk.... grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by FunmyKemmy(f): 7:55am On Jul 04, 2017
Funny thread.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2017
Honda cars do that,baby boy and halla but not the ignition,just the door,I have locked my car keys in the car back then,all I had to do is look for 3 diff baby boy car keys,one will definitely work....

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by ikevictor: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2017
This is not possible...even if the keys and seat adjustments are the same, how about the smell which is mostly unique to the owner?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by islandmoon: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2017
I went to a place with a friend of mine few years back to relax, his father called him and he stepped outside to receive the call only to see a lady searching his car, he went close and check the plate number, checked again and said , Hey!! girl, but this is my car!!!, he dragged her out and people began to gather, the lady quickly said " one military Baba sent me to pick something for him from here, but my friend is a military officer also, infact a mad one in the MP, so he said take me to that military officer, and he was led to Baba inside on another table, the military Baba sensed danger so he quickly send for two soldiers who came in a hurry from a check point near by.

because my friend was not ready to listen, they later realized my friend senior the Baba who sent the lady , my friend order the soldiers to return to their duty when he found out that the military Baba came with similar car just like his own and the key opened each others, honda cars are just like runs girl, any key will open their assss.

but personally, I can not make such mistake.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
you have owned over 100 cars ? how old are you ? like ninety something ? lmao

Not all of us are poor as a church rat. Some of us also take our hobbies seriously.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by islandmoon: 8:07am On Jul 04, 2017
muller101:
advance liar. That's what u are

its a true story, I heard the gist then, it was a honda Hola, it happened in Jos and not Bauchi

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 8:08am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Not all of us are poor as a church rat. Some of us also take our hobbies seriously.
that notwithstanding, over 100 cars ? you must be over 90 years old . and for an old man your typing skills are impeccable. i salute sir

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by islandmoon: 8:08am On Jul 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

in the north, bauchi to be exact, a house wife came back home with the wrong car (honda accord 1997) same colour and everything. When she noticed, she went back, parked it at same position. Locked it up, found hers and drove home grin

True story

very true, I heard the gist then. it happened in the night.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by jayjayjay: 8:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Some years ago in ABU Zaria, I went to the pool in the main campus (Samaru) with a group of friends. One of us drove us in his dad's white Mazda (don't remember the model). When I got tired, I left the pool, showered and took the car keys to go change and wait in the car for others.

I got to the car, opened it with his keys and sat in front. I was on my phone in the car for a while, before I decided to kill time by watching a movie on the laptop. So I went to the boot where we dumped our bags, opened it and found nothing. I thought we had been robbed.

As I was making my way back to inform the others, I saw another white Mazda of the same model and I realized I was in the wrong car all along!

Knowing how Nigerians, especially students, administer jungle justice with relish, I was paralysed with fear of what could have happened if the car owner had met me in his car with car keys. I was genuinely terrified, and couldn't stop thanking God.

When my friends returned and I told them, we went over and tried it again to prove it wasn't a tale. It still worked, in fact both front doors could be opened by the keys.

It most probably happened because I wasn't familiar with his car, but it happened.

Finally, save for the day I mistakenly almost pee'd on the walls of a mosque in a park in Zaria, I count this as one of my luckiest escape ever.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by touchmark(m): 8:11am On Jul 04, 2017
Someone had mistakenly opened and try to enter my car as I stood aloof in a supermarket waiting for my wife. It was a look alike car though but I wasn't sure whether I locked the car or not. The guy apologise and we both move on. So it's most likely to be an error.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
that notwithstanding, over 100 cars ? you must be over 90 years old . and for an old man your typing skills are impeccable. i salute sir

Like I said, some of us take our hobbies seriously.

If you have to be 90 years old to have used 100 cars then I suggest you have a rethink about your direction.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by babamadiba(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2017
Kjnwancaro:

I think it is very possible When the mind is preoccupied with something entirely different and person is not really conscious of the surrounds. At that time he/she is not actually looking but is moving with the general idea that they're supposed to get into a midsize car. They have the trim and the color at the back of their mind. If they're unlucky the lock will open. What I do not understand is how they still do not realize they're in the wrong car after getting in.
if u check it from the original story, I remember the guy saying stuffs Like when the brother got inside the car, he noticed something strange about it n suddenly someone came knocking on the window of the car before they descended on him.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Daddyis: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2017
myners007:
This is the dumbest question i have heard since this year. Why would you open someone else's car if you are not a thief or car snatcher?
if it has never happen to you shut up and let people discuss, don't be a dumb ass cos shit happens.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Like I said, some of us take our hobbies seriously.

If you have to be 90 years old to have used 100 cars then I suggest you have a rethink about your direction.
ok lets put it to the numbers. so lets assume you started buying cars at the age of 20, and every year you buy two cars since the age of twenty, you will have to be over 80 to have bought over 100 cars. are you telling me you have bought over two cars every year for the past 70 years ? shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
ok lets put it to the numbers. so lets assume you started buying cars at the age of 20, and every year you buy two cars since the age of twenty, will will have to be over 80 to have bought over 100 cars. are you telling me you have bought over two cars every year for the past 70 years ? shocked

Why are you consumed by this?

Do you a girlfriend or better yet a money making hobby you can get involved with?
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by abhosts(m): 8:18am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:
There's an ongoing debacle that I'm currently in with another userid on here.

He stated that his brother not only opened the wrong but similar car but was actually trying to start the ignition before being accosted by the owner.

Now, I've owned quite a number of cars, well over 100, and have rented many and I have never ever tried to open the door of another car, let alone get inside that car and try to start it.

Personally, my cars are customized somewhat that they always stand out, but by the time I get inside the car I would have known. Smell, seat adjustment, placement of items, etc

So, have you done this before and if so what were the parameters to cause you to violate another man's ride in such a uncouth manner grin

Now that you can see others with similar experiences, don't you think the person you abused and called his brother a thief in the previous thread deserves an apology? Or do you think all of them are liars and deluded?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by hollo: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2017
No, he's not a liar. One day i went to the atm. After withdrawing, i met a guy trying to open my car. Bt it wasnt opening. I was amazed, and i accosted him. His car was actually parked near mine. Same color same model. So......yes it happens, especially when you are absent minded.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Osiris16: 8:19am On Jul 04, 2017
It happened to my sister. It was our family car, we had gone out with my brothers, were waiting for her in her in the car, it was night then. A similar car, same colour and make parked beside us. She came out, opened the other car and got in. She only realised when she looked up and the people in the car were staring at her in shock. She jumped out and we had also been looking at her in shock wondering what she was doing.
My friend also told me she had tried to open a similar car by mistake. In her case the door wouldn't open and she started struggling with it, till car owner nearby shouted at her to leave his car alone. They both laughed it off when she showed him her car next to his and the exterior was the exact same

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Why are you consumed by this?

Do you a girlfriend or better yet a money making hobby you can get involved with?
all am saying is, make you lie with common sense na lol. this ya own lie is of gargantuan proportion. even otedola and dangote have not owned over 100 personal cars in their lives talk less of a nairalander . daz all am sayin brah. top of the morning to you my kind sir

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by adatemi: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Yes, I have! Then I saw a car seat (my kids are teenagers) & was confused. Quickly shut the door and alas, opposite was my van. Told my husband immediately I got home & we laughed about it. I've heard about it but didn't believe until it happened to me.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
all am saying is, make you lie with common sense na lol. this ya own lie is of gargantuan proportion. even otedola and dangote have not owned over 100 personal cars in their lives talk less of a nairalander . daz all am sayin brah. top of the morning to you my kind sir

Hopefully you'll meet someone that can shift your thought process from this poverty mindset.

And it's not because I live in the US. Before I left Nigeria at age of 19, I've already owned 5 cars and as many motorbikes.

Of what gain is it to me if you believe me or not? You think I give a rats patootie about you or your opinion?

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by GeneralOjukwu: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2017
Only someone who wants to commit suicide by being lynched.

I said the same in the earlier debate. The guy was silly and he didn't value his life much.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Well, his Brother was at a market buying stuff so he wasn't drunk.

Drunks don't count by the way. Drunks who shat in their car thinking they are sitting on the toilet, vomit al over the door thinking the window is open, etc.

The doors of a car and the ignition become ashawo locks after some years so it's possible for another car to open it.

The driver maybe absent minded wen doing such and also once u slot ur key to a car door and it pops open, psychologically u already feel it's ur car.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Hopefully you'll meet someone that can shift your thought process from this poverty mindset.

And it's not because I live in the US. Before I left Nigeria at age of 19, I've already owned 5 cars and as many motorbikes.

Of what gain is it to me if you believe me or not? You think I give a rats patootie about you or your opinion?

smiley
the poverty mindset is in you trying to convince us that you have owned over 100 cars when we all know its a lie lol. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2017
abhosts:

Now that you can see others with similar experiences, don't you think the person you abused and called his brother a thief in the previous thread deserves an apology ? Or do you think all of them are liars and deluded?

I stand with my original comment.

Hopefully you're not delusional enough to be waiting for an undeserved apology that will never ever come.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
the poverty mindset is in you trying to convince us that you have owned over 100 cars when we all know its a lie lol. cheesy

Me? Poverty mindset?

Okay.

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by kingi777: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2017
Those saying it can never happen have not really used cars for long or don't even have at all. It happened to me. I stepped out of a shop and went straight to where I parked my ash colour Toyota corolla hatch back but there was another Peugeot 307 same colour close by, I used my remote control key and the Peugeot opened, it was when I got inside that I saw a different dashboard, I had to quickly rush out and now realized mine was in front. I really thank God that day cuz I can't say till today if people saw what happened.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by dee02(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:

grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

smiley
There is no how you can own over 100cars, shuu , haba ..You sir just lied,

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Me? Poverty mindset?

Okay.
bros change ya username to pinocchio. awon oniro lmao cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Many Of These Single-axled Cars Can You Name? (photos) / PAN Introduces Chery Tiggo8 At Kaduna Trade fair / $3million Bugatti Chiron Hypercar Gets A Worldwide Recall Over Bad Seat Welds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.