Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,557 members, 7,840,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House (26791 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / Will You Buy A House With A Maid's Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Obas101(m): 10:57am On Jul 04, 2017
businessman7:
Good day Nl members I'm a single guy a student of Lagos state polythecnic and I earn a salary of #60,000 monthly and I want to put up something to start living in with my parent I'm fed up of paying for rent please I need advise on what to do and how to go about it thanks y'll
You must be high. I make about 60k monthly and i barely sustain myself with it in a month. undecided
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2017
businessman7:
Good day Nl members I'm a single guy a student of Lagos state polythecnic and I earn a salary of #60,000 monthly and I want to put up something to start living in with my parent I'm fed up of paying for rent please I need advise on what to do and how to go about it thanks y'll

Depends on many factors, for instance, do you already have land? Where's the location?
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Augustap(f): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2017
Caustics:
Assuming you save 30,000 every month, it will take you 100 months (over 8 years) to save 3 million. which will not even be enough to buy land by then.

so NO, you can't build a house in lagos on 60k per month salary.
The heart of maths is wicked... grin.
In other words, my guy shud forget it

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by jay2smart19(m): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2017
businessman7:
I will say yes and no. yes if its somewhere you can get a good space for #400,000.
No if you can't get a within that range.
the idea is go into a contribution dat will get u a land the first year. the use d contribution to build ur house for as long as it takes. I knw u tired of rented apartments BT u still have to be there for a couple of years to actualize ur dream. it would have been easier if its outside lagos
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by 4evaYung(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2017
capital YES! at my village in Ogbomosho smiley
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by fufuNegusi(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2017
IJOBA2:
WHICH ONE BE FUFUNEGUSI AGAIN BROS

Lols grin grin
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
yes its very possible being single,its now depends on where you stays and where you want to build the house.where you stays will determine how much you are going to save per month while where you wish to build the house will determine how much you are going to spend,but its very easy be determined and start saving between 30k and 40k per month. As a single man 20k is enough for you in a month though you will deny yourself many things for now which is for your future gain,you can still get land of 150 and 200k even around Lagos but be sure you are dealing with genuine land owner,you can even join like cooperative or ajo to save money depending on where you work.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by spokesboy: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
DemisigOfficial:

Please can you kindly share me the article on demisig001@gmail.com?
Unfortunately, the link to the original, detailed, practical step-by-step, article is no longer connecting (maybe due to change of url) http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2007/10/19/how-to-build-your-house-from-10000/

However, I stumbled on something similar on another website, though not as detailed http://99propertyng.com/how-to-build-your-house-from-a-10000-salary/
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Mypeople2(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
osayuwamwen:
If u can save 40000 from yr income monthly, I can assure you, u will own an average 3 bedroom flat within 3 years even wen u don hv a land yet.
Bros for which area and which state ?Don't forget,40k every month for 3years is N1.44m. I am interested please .I live in Delta
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by scentpepper: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
Op who told you it's not possible?
One younglad bouht a small piece of land last week now the house is at window level. That is how the guy bought small piece of land and build a room self contained on it and rent it off.
Don't let anybody deceive you and yes the land is in Lagos state. Ibeju lekki precisely. Now that sallah is moving nearer you go see awoof land buy from all those omoniles.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Trybes(m): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
For having the thought of owning a house with 60k salary I salute your courage. Some niggars out there earning up to 100k don't think they can ever build a house. Be determined and save towards it. May you get helpers too.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
TINALETC3:
undecided y nt u 4get house 4 now and invest in sumtin else dat wl fetch u more cash, Wat if u start d foundation of d house and u got fired at work , u no hw village pple work na. Nt wishing u bad luck ooo, am jst thinking
Chei u are just thinking amadioha fall on u.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by temmym4(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
Bro. I love your courage.
Yes It is possible. Wanna know why?

Let me tell you a story....
When i was younger, during those times when the country just started using mobile phone and the polyphonic "Mid" ringtones were reigning, Dad had a 3310 and i will dodge to compose a tune then put it down in a paper so as to sell as a ringtone in school.
He later found out i spend time with his device so he always grab it from me annoyingly,
I caught him one day telling my little bro to hide his device from me while he goes into the bathroom. This touched me and i cried my eyes out, then i determined no matter how much a phone is been sold for, i ll get one...
My pocket money was actually 50naira then, the device i was aiming for was sold at 15k... Then i decided to save 20naira everyday till i could get 15k
Wheneva anyone knows about my plan of buying a phone, they ll laugh at me, the looks on their faces was.. How will he do it, where will he get money...
I didnt lose focus.. It will take me 720 days to save up 20 naira to get 15,000. That was about 2years + ...
Started like a joke, whenever i think about the day my little bro hid the phone and those who never believed in me, it gives me more strength to go ahead.. There were days i get cash gifts during celebrations and sometimes i put the whole pocket money to hasten up the savings.. Whenever i notice the 20 naira notes are getting too much, i exchange with a bigger notes when i am bn sent an errand. For instance 200naira note is given to me for an errand, i exchange this with my own 10 pieces of 20 naira notes.

This i did for more than a year and i got about 10k, then it came to the era of Motorola L6, fell in love with the device and the price was 13,000 at that time.. 3k more to go... I was close to my Mum, so this time i was so excited to tell her about my progress and that i ll be having my own soon. She was shocked and so suprised, then she decided to pay me some cash i borrowed her, i once gave her 2k from my savings when stuffs were tough at home, instead of returning 2k to me, she gave me 4k.

Bro, i couldnt sleep well the day i was going to get the device, it was more like a dream come true. I made sure i wrote my name boldly on the receipt grin eventually got it for N12,500

It took a very long time, yeah, but at the end i achieved what i wanted to achieve. And i was proud of myself. That was me, about 11 years ago

Tell you what bro, never let anyone tell you what you can't do. If u can think it, and can plan it, then you can do it!

If i can save up 20 naira to buy a phone of about 13k....
If i can buy and own a car while earning 10k as salary......

Then YES! You can build a house while earning 60k

It's step by step bro... Struggle, push hard and get a proper land, get one at a cheap area if possible... U are not a millionaire so u aren't competing with anyone living in Banana island.
"Land" That is the hardest part, the rest is easy...
The day u can afford just 20 blocks or even just 3 bags of cement... No rush yourself... U go dey do am small small. You ll even get help along the way, even opportunities will arise for u.. Before u know it, u wont believe how far u have gone and u will be a proud owner of your own building!

I like your courage bro. I pray you get a future partner that thinks like you. That will really help u in your journey of life! That helped me a lot.

Never let anyone discourage you. Never develop the mentality of having thousands or millions before you do something meaningful.

I hope to see you soon at the property section with the pictures of your building work in progress. Don't forget to tag me then.

It is well with u!

8 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by temmym4(m): 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
Obas101:

You must be high. I make about 60k monthly and i barely sustain myself with it in a month. undecided

That is your own personal view and livelihood bros.
You cant compare his own area with yours actually.
But if you are at an average nigerian city, you earn up to 60k monthly and you actually find it hard to sustain yourself with it in a month, then u actually need a spending manager. Go hire one.

Some people needs serious discipline when it comes to Living and expenses.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by amjustme2: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks. I do enjoy your posts too.

I wish such these information here can help the OP

Investnow2017:

You are always true to yrself. Love yr contribution here.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by MathsChic(f): 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2017
igwegeorgiano:
with GOD
lol cheesy
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by larrypourl(m): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
My brother it's possible but you just have to deny yourself of so many things.

Quality leather and Suede loafers available for sale at affordable prices. Size 40, 43, 44, 45, 46 and 47 available. Click my signature below for pictures and more details.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by SplendorWhite: 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=businessman7 post=58096509]Good day Nl members I'm a single guy a student of Lagos state polythecnic and I earn a salary of #60,000 monthly and I want to put up something to start living in with my parent I'm fed up of paying for rent please I need advise on what to do and how to go about it thanks y'll [/quote

Certainly Sir. IN a matter of months you could have your house standing. I'm pretty sure I can get you a place at ibeju lekki with this amount in a matter of weeks. If you inbox me we could talk about location, prices, payment plans and you'd have your building.

Whatsapp or call: 09039914997/08029732866...

By the way, anyone interested in real estate consultancy please chat me up. ...
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Aleora(f): 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
MrMcJay:
OP, the truth is bitter, but I'll tell you as it is.

You better get your priorities right and stop planning a life of hardship and inconvenience ahead. You earn 60K/Month and you want to build a house in Lagos? Is it dog cage you want to build? Do you even know how much a good chicken cage costs in Lagos?

You want to go and build one concrete hut inside one bush where you'll board 100 Naira bike to greet your neighbors good morning? Please, don't put your folks in solitary confinement inside the bush.

To be honest, 60K/Month is a lot of money but it's insignificant in a city like present day Lagos. Outside Lagos? Yeah! people earning less build houses.

I humbly advise that such money be better invested in building a business that gives you regular side income which in turn increases the funds available for you to build.

Also, I'll suggest you work smart and hard. Seek out new opportunities and distinguish yourself in them. That way, you'll be able to earn more and build more than just a house but build a better life for yourself and your family.
may God bless you
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by MrMcJay(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Aleora:
may God bless you

Thanks, and you too.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by DemisigOfficial(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
spokesboy:

Unfortunately, the link to the original, detailed, practical step-by-step, article is no longer connecting (maybe due to change of url) http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2007/10/19/how-to-build-your-house-from-10000/

However, I stumbled on something similar on another website, though not as detailed http://99propertyng.com/how-to-build-your-house-from-a-10000-salary/

Thanks bro
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by oshiokpu(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=Jessestunch post=58109141]

You dey mind that guy.. People will just come online and display ignorance.. The cost of living in Yenagoa and PH is 10times more than Lagos.. I doubt if that guy has travelled out of Lagos

I think you're the one displaying ignorance here.
Yenagoa and PH indeed!
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by kentochi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Is very possible just follow your dream
And work hard your plan is achievable
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Jessestunch: 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=oshiokpu post=58124893][/quote]

I lived in lagos for 23 years and I know what am talking about son.. That town is one of the most friendly town for low income earners.. It offers the best life to the average man than any other town in the country is only you are willing to cut your coat according to your size.. You can't compare transportation, prices of food stuffs and other basic things in lagos to portharcourt.. When I was transfered from lag, I was initially happy until I came down ND saw things for myself.. Last December I was in Lag, roasted plantain when you go beg to buy 200 na so I chatter them for lagos 80 naira.. As it stands right now, m working my transfer back to that your expensive lagos to enable me save better because portharcourt is almost turning me to a beggar oh..
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Temidayo9(m): 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kendroid:

Most of those teachers u are talking about have other source of income, Most of them don't have any other responsibilities other than to tekia of themselves.

Always try and view things from different angles!!
Someone in my street sell only Ponmo and she build house not mansion. A man in my church build his house tru okada rider. So what re u talking about
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Happyfellow147: 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nobody is talking about using bricks(the one made from clay) At least it will save cost for blocks.
He can use it for the rooms and block for the outer walls and parlour. I learnt the bricks is strong and durable
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by businessman7(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
Obas101:

bros we are not the same your priority is diff from ine please
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by joinnow: 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
Come buy for Ikorodu
Plot 1 badoo street
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Kendroid: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Temidayo9:

Someone in my street sell only Ponmo and she build house not mansion. A man in my church build his house tru okada rider. So what re u talking about

Someone that sells Ponmo has a 70% chance of making it than someone on a govt. payroll.

A woman that fries akara, yam and plantain in my street has 90% chance than someone who works for the govt. A govt. worker only eats when govt. pays salary.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Kendroid: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Jessestunch:

You dey mind that guy.. People will just come online and display ignorance.. The cost of living in Yenagoa and PH is 10times more than Lagos.. I doubt if that guy has travelled out of Lagos

No mindam
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by temmym4(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
Kendroid:

Someone that sells Ponmo has a 70% chance of making it than someone on a govt. payroll.

A woman that fries akara, yam and plantain in my street has 90% chance than someone who works for the govt. A govt. worker only eats when govt. pays salary.

Do you know what kills those who are on a Govt Payroll mostly? They believe it will keep coming like that every month so saving isn't really an option

while that plantain seller uses her head, saving all she could cos she knows when that money is not properly managed, business is dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! / Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) / Pictures Of Burj Khalifa Tallest Building In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.