Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Products You Really Regret Buying. - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Products You Really Regret Buying. (44786 Views)

... / Reviews On Stretchmark Products You Have Used / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by whiteroses(f): 3:59am On Feb 04, 2010
onyiilady:

Mac studio fix is the ultimate , i'm yet to see the powder that's gonna beat it for me.

yeh true, luv z powder but studio fix fluid makes you look too yellow and matte, altho i'm still using it presently cos uni is not worth it, but if i'm on a date/parri then studio sculpt is the answer

yjay:

i hope u are aware that clinique uses state of the art ingredients in their products that studies have shown to be effective,,,serums, cleansers, toners, sunblocks, scrubs, the list is endless! u might want to double check on your cancerous theory lipsrsealed
no problemo, whoever has hears should listen to what the spirit is saying to the church lol

Iranoladun:

I quite agree with you browncocos. When you have light skin and you are acne prone like me you cannot but use a fade cream or lightening cream occasionally to even out the blackheads/spot/scar.

Also pregnancy make some women completely go darker (I remember experiencing that mostly on my neck & abdomen; gosh it was terribly noticeable especially the neck undecided)

Some other products that i'd advise you not to buy:

1. 21 days Fade Cream by A3.  Completely useless even after 60 days i didn't notice any fading

2. Fair & WHite Exclusive Whitenizer (not worth the money  although smells good)

3. Deep Red perfume. scent does not last and the perf contain some gliterring particles that ended up blocking the bottle dispenser

well my mums a beautician trust me all a lady need to fix discoloration in this life is lactic acid chemical peel at 50% Ph , you'd be glowing and look bright in a healthy way, and you only use it once. another is vitamin e oil, it work wonders all those A3, lady fair whatever breaks my heart lol
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by miraexcel(f): 7:56am On Feb 04, 2010
Ladies biko what's this LATIC ACID CHEMICAL PEEL where can i get it from?
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by browncocos(f): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2010
ive heard a lot about this peels
but have you also heard the horro stories when its used wrongly
i dey fear o

pray,tell @ eboneyes
pl lets know wot u heard abt clinique
been using it off an on 4 almost 5 yrs and doing wonders on my skin
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by idifu(m): 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
spotin waves hair relaxer
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by chika98: 11:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
How about "Cover girl" is it any good??
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2010
I've used CG products, they haven't been wonderful, but that's just me.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Tatase(f): 1:29am On Feb 05, 2010
chika98:

How about "Cover girl" is it any good??

I've used CG and overall, whilst its not AMAZING, it's not bad. I really like their CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer with SPF 15, it has replaced foundation for me and I find it absorbs and moisturizes really well, doesn't run off your face when its hot outside, prevents shine but still lets the skin breathe all whilst evening out the skin tone, plus I've been bad a few times and slept in it and it still didn't clog my pores or cause pimples. I also use their CG Clean Pressed Powder which is also ok though not as much of a staple as the tinted moisturizer but good for extra "mattification" during the day.

I've used their CG AquaSmooth foundation in the past and I'm not really a fan. But then again I don't really like make up that sits on my face and says "I'm make up." The CG Lash Blast mascara does make a marked difference to the length and thickness of lashes but it also leaves clumps and small balls of mascara on. The CG Outlast LipStain is dry and really difficult to apply, and it doesn't last that long. I don't know if I've mentioned any of the products you were considering trying but that's my take on the ones I can remember right now.

@ topic:

I have many, because I used to be kind of a PJ (product junkie) and tended to be taken in by ads. But I've narrowed it down to the worst offenders.

Dr. Miracle's Temple and Nape Gro Balm- It made my hair fall out. The box says something like (paraphrasing) "the tingle tells you its working and your hair is growing. I don't think so! The tingle is the sensation of your hair ripping itself out of your scalp to escape this mess of a product.

Pink Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer - It made my hair super crispy (even when it was still wet). Needless to say, it broke my hair.

Clean & Clear Day Soft Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15 - I got this for the daytime because my favourite moisturizer (Ponds Dry Skin cream) didn't have any SPF and so I convinced myself I needed this. It sucks, in short. It sits like a coating on your face. You can actually feel your pores suffocating and it makes you sweat even in an air-conditioned room when you're sitting still and I'm generally not a sweaty person.

1 Like

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by ssumpta(f): 3:32am On Feb 05, 2010
Neutrogena Salicylic  Acid Body Wash. Used it for my body acne. Din't work.
My friend also said their body oil darkened her.
Although i've read that cosmetic products take 3-6 months to notice results, dont have that kinda patience.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 05, 2010
@post
WITH LOVE by Paris
It smells so good, but it doesnt linger or last long. Waste of precious money.

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by yjay(f): 9:35am On Feb 05, 2010
ssumpta:

[b[b]]Neutrogena Salicylic  Acid Body Wash[/b][/b]. Used it for my body acne. Din't work.
My friend also said their body oil darkened her.
Although i've read that cosmetic products take 3-6 months to notice results, dont have that kinda patience.

next time go for Neutrogena body clear body scrub., very effective for body breakouts,
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by whiteroses(f): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2010
Tatase:

I've used CG and overall, whilst its not AMAZING, it's not bad. I really like their CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer with SPF 15, it has replaced foundation for me and I find it absorbs and moisturizes really well, doesn't run off your face when its hot outside, prevents shine but still lets the skin breathe all whilst evening out the skin tone, plus I've been bad a few times and slept in it and it still didn't clog my pores or cause pimples. I also use their CG Clean Pressed Powder which is also ok though not as much of a staple as the tinted moisturizer but good for extra "mattification" during the day.

I've used their CG AquaSmooth foundation in the past and I'm not really a fan. But then again I don't really like make up that sits on my face and says "I'm make up." The CG Lash Blast mascara does make a marked difference to the length and thickness of lashes but it also leaves clumps and small balls of mascara on. The CG Outlast LipStain is dry and really difficult to apply, and it doesn't last that long. I don't know if I've mentioned any of the products you were considering trying but that's my take on the ones I can remember right now.

@ topic:

I have many, because I used to be kind of a PJ (product junkie) and tended to be taken in by ads. But I've narrowed it down to the worst offenders.

Dr. Miracle's Temple and Nape Gro Balm- It made my hair fall out. The box says something like (paraphrasing) "the tingle tells you its working and your hair is growing. I don't think so! The tingle is the sensation of your hair ripping itself out of your scalp to escape this mess of a product.

Pink Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer - It made my hair super crispy (even when it was still wet). Needless to say, it broke my hair.

Clean & Clear Day Soft Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15 - I got this for the daytime because my favourite moisturizer (Ponds Dry Skin cream) didn't have any SPF and so I convinced myself I needed this. It sucks, in short. It sits like a coating on your face. You can actually feel your pores suffocating and it makes you sweat even in an air-conditioned room when you're sitting still and I'm generally not a sweaty person.

Public service announcement
Ladies dont put any of those pink oil whatever in your hair, its horrible its only good for hair extensions, dont put it on your own hair, it'll damage it.

@ tatase, i'm going natural at 13 weeks post relaxer and using Dr miracle hot gro, its supposed to grow your hair, is it bad as well? and is it the same as the one you used? tanks
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 12:15am On Feb 06, 2010
whiteroses:

Ladies dont put any of those pink oil whatever in your hair, its horrible its only good for hair extensions, dont put it on your own hair, it'll damage it.

What exactly is pink oil? Is the pinkish moisturizer thing that's popular in Nigeria?
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by whiteroses(f): 12:27am On Feb 06, 2010
shilling:

What exactly is pink oil? Is the pinkish moisturizer thing that's popular in Nigeria?
yep that product is a waste of space but unfortunately very popular in nigeria, its good on extensions tho but it builds up and extension starts smelling.
if someone is ready to ruin their hair, dash some pink oil on a relaxed hair and straighten it with a hot straightener, it will fry your hair i swear it will lol
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 5:26am On Feb 06, 2010
lol, that makes sense though.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by parislomo(f): 9:21am On Feb 06, 2010
whiteroses:

really?? Oh thanks then. . . I still applied some on ME hair this morning!! *Lord have mercy*
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by mamagee3(f): 12:40am On Feb 07, 2010
I regret buying Nivea. . .It makes my skin darker.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Tatase(f): 1:35am On Feb 07, 2010
whiteroses:

@ tatase, i'm going natural at 13 weeks post relaxer and using Dr miracle hot gro, its supposed to grow your hair, is it bad as well? and is it the same as the one you used? tanks

I second your PSA about Pink moisturiser o. . . When I was younger that stuff was put liberally in my hair before fighting it with a comb so I have painful memories of it when I smell it.

As for Dr. Miracle products: it's very rare that I've actually met someone with positive things to say about this line. Most people I know who've used it have terrible reviews and I'm talking about from the relaxer to the anti-breakage strengthening cream etc and never a good word.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 9:20am On Feb 07, 2010
Yeah, Dr. Miracle must really suck. Nothing but bad reviews, went to Walmart today with a friend and she cringed when she saw their relaxer, it ruined her hair, had to start again from scratch sad
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by BEAUTYGURU(f): 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
SKIN fair whitening cream
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by oge4real(f): 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^You are indeed a "GURU".
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 12:54am On Feb 09, 2010
lol grin
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by nezerst(f): 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2010
I've used a whole lot of uncountable rubbish till I came accross Clinique 3 step antiblemish solutions.
It worked wonders within a couple of days!
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by ubiaa5(f): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2010
BIOTIN-i was adviced to use biotin when i tried to grow out my hair two yrs ago.Did it grow my hair? yes,but not just on my head  grin hair started sprouting out of strange places.Be warned the product works but you will have a whole new problem of hair removal.
REVLON COLORSTAY-very dry,dosent last, no shine.
MOST DR MIRACLE PRODUCTS-garbage.
LORAC BAKED EYESHADOWS- very cakey,mixes into each other after a few hrs.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
nezerst:

I've used a whole lot of uncountable rubbish till I came accross Clinique 3 step antiblemish solutions.

Great stuff!!
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by browncocos(f): 8:57am On Feb 10, 2010
ubiaa5:

BIOTIN-i was adviced to use biotin when i tried to grow out my hair two yrs ago.Did it grow my hair? yes,but not just on my head  grin h[b]air started sprouting out of strange places.Be warned the product works but you will have a whole new problem of hair removal.[/b]
REVLON COLORSTAY-very dry,dosent last, no shine.
MOST DR MIRACLE PRODUCTS-garbage.
LORAC BAKED EYESHADOWS- very cakey,mixes into each other after a few hrs.

lol ure funny
things we women go thru

nezerst:

i totally agree
im still waiting for the person who says the line is cancerous to bring her facts
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Aaah, even me sef get experience if na that one. . . . . . . .a few years ago, I had dandruff in my hair and I bought this Heads & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo (then they had this fine, glossy advert running on tv). I used it every day (morning & night) for like a month but still the dandruff no gree go & I didn't see any sign of improvement. Luckily for me, I told a friend and he was like 'that thing na just hype and e no dey work jare, get Damatol medicated sulphur-based hair ointment instead. Next day I skinned my hair, bought the damatol ointment and applied it to my scalp and in about a week my dandruff was gone. Funny thing is the damatol cost me just N80 then while the yeye head & shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo cost me a few hundred bucks.
Lesson learnt- some of these oyinbo products na just hype and ain't always the best, lol. 

craw craw feeling funky
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
@post
Mac Liquid foundation. I hate it, I liked it at first, but after a few months, my skin was beginning to react to it.
It gets oily and real shiny, and it hard to remove blocking my pores, causing pimples.
And it feels like I'm wearing a mask angry angry
Worst even, after a few hours [like 3hrs] it begins to fade. I wouldnt wear it to an event that will last hours
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2010
ubiaa5:

BIOTIN-i was adviced to use biotin when i tried to grow out my hair two yrs ago.Did it grow my hair? yes,but not just on my head  grin hair started sprouting out of strange places.Be warned the product works but you will have a whole new problem of hair removal.

Wow, didn't know that about biotin, thanks for sharing.

FL Gators:

@post
Mac Liquid foundation. I hate it, I liked it at first, but after a few months, my skin was beginning to react to it.
It gets oily and real shiny, and it hard to remove blocking my pores, causing pimples.
And it feels like I'm wearing a mask angry angry
Worst even, after a few hours [like 3hrs] it begins to fade. I wouldnt wear it to an event that will last hours

I use clinique perfectly real makeup and it's wonderful, lasts all day (I use a primer though), it doesn't provide the fullest coverage out there, but if you don't have much to conceal, then this works great.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 06, 2010
shilling:

Wow, didn't know that about biotin, thanks for sharing.

I use clinique perfectly real makeup and it's wonderful, lasts all day (I use a primer thought), it doesn't provide the fullest coverage out there, but if you don't have much to conceal, then this works great.

Did you see my post in Mad_Max's thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313268.224.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313268.256.html

My mac was running out, wanted to try sth new, saw yours, and I bought it. Mehn, I loff Clinique products. Thanks to you smiley
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 1:05am On Mar 07, 2010
FL Gators:

Did you see my post in Mad_Max's thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313268.224.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313268.256.html

My mac was running out, wanted to try sth new, saw yours, and I bought it. Mehn, I loff Clinique products. Thanks to you smiley

Just saw that - I'm happy I helped.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Analissa(f): 11:34pm On Jul 16, 2010
Maybeline dream matte mouse was so dry it flaked around my nose i looked like a snake shedding skin
Maybeline dream satin liquid foundation after a few hours your face looks like you oiled it with vegetable oil plus i noticed i got more pimples on my face after i started using it.

about the shea butter thing does it really work, loads of people have been singing about it but i've used it for half a year now and i cant see any difference in my skin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I Wore To My Sister's Wedding Yesterday / Denrele's Outfit To Tiwa And Tee Billz Traditional Marriage / Female Corper's Amazing Weight Loss After 7 Months Fitness Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.