Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President (29786 Views)

Buhari Campaign Organization To Occupy NASS If Saraki Fails To Resign. / "What We Will Do If Saraki Joins PDP" – Abdullahi Adamu / Why Saraki Didn't Defect To PDP Just Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by olajizz01(m): 10:13am On Jul 06, 2017
joe4real12:
Saraki my man.
Before the confused man returns, Saraki must have dealt thoroughly with all his boys.

Fashola has been flogged, who's next grin
pls how did they flog fashola,he will be invited and most of them will be looking him as if they have seen their mini god.even goje who overseen a state like LGA was talking.
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by ionsman: 10:14am On Jul 06, 2017
olapluto:
The level of intellectual inputs in Nairaland is falling badly. What has this op said that is sensible enough to make fp now? Politics in Nigeria is beyond cyber cafe attendants. If Saraki needed the grazing bill to get political position, he will help it.

Exactly why I seldom comment on Nairaland nowadays.I see some comments and just shake my head. There's been an increase of kids and mentally deficient people I guess.

The mods are also part of the problem. If the mod who put this here is not a mad person,I would be surprised actually. There're a lot of sound threads yearning for FP attention,but all they feed us with is silly and intellectually inept threads.
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2017
Suspect33:
dont generalise, i love the yoruba tribe and it people, my first love grin was a yoruba girl, she made me crush on every slim yoruba girl i come across grin, 70 percent of my friends are yoruba, i love their simplicity, so dont generalise, yorubas are loved by the igbos
its all love brah. believe it or not, and i am not saying this to appease anyone but for some strange reasons all my best friends have always been igbo. in high school, and in university. so people know this whole NL thing is just a tit for tat tribal war persona that i wear when i come on NL. its all love over here bro wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by kenny5811(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2017
GMBuhari:
lol

Saraki did not do shhhyytt
.. i wonder o.... he didnt do shhhyytt..... he jst crushed d little anti corruption effortz of d executive.. #cntcry49ja..

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:
i dont consider myself nigerian as such, was not born there and try as much as possible to distance myself from many nigerian traditional practices. but does that mean i am not nigerian ? lol. it is not what you consider yourself, it is what you are

and what is it you biafrans have against tinubu ? lagos is a vibrant beautiful city because of tinubu and many of your brethrens are enjoying the lagos he had the vision to create so why you hate him ? why dont you spend that energy in hating theodore and orji kalu who destroyed igboland by stealing all ya money ?

their adopted son is jona the drunken president

they hate everybody they perceive as being responsible for ousting jona from aso rock

end of

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by khalids: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2017
All the OP listed is all bull shit.....Saraki cannot and does not single handedly make decisions in the House and as such all the above cannot be credited to him.......
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by GeneralOjukwu: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:
sarakill the yoruba demon lol. so if saraki decides to be president that means yoruba is president and acting vice president. we still winning mayne lol . dunno why our brothers from biafra like to see division amongst us.

Thanks bro...it's amusing how Igbos don't see the Yoruba names of his father, siblings and children.

Saraki is a very smart person who is also deceiving Hausas that he is Fulani....he doesn't have a drop of Fulani blood in him.

His Parents = OLUSOLA + MORENIKE.

Hausas and Igbo don't know a Yoruba man is the most powerful man in Nigeria today grin grin grin
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Thanks bro...it's amusing how Igbos don't see the Yoruba names of his father, siblings and children.

Saraki is a very smart person who is also deceiving Hausas that he is Fulani....he doesn't have a drop of Fulani blood in him.

His Parents = OLUSOLA + MORENIKE.

Hausas and Igbo don't know a Yoruba man is the most powerful man in Nigeria today grin grin grin
right lmao. that sarakill is a real 419 yoruba demon . deceiving the nigerian masses since the time of adam and eve. power hungry and ruthless. cheesy
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2017
oyb:

their adopted son is jona the drunken president

they hate everybody they perceive as being responsible for ousting jona from aso rock

end of
you know oyb, thats one angle I didnt look at this whole thing from. thats a fresh perspective. I was thinking it was just general hate for anything afonja that they have. it all makes sense now. but when will they get over this whole jonathan debacle ? its been over two years now ? even otueke people have moved on ? lmao grin
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by LordOfNaira: 10:29am On Jul 06, 2017
coolscott:
Having their preferred man at the helm of the affairs in the senate would have made easier the backing of the whims and desires of the executive by the senate.

Clearly, more of the intentions of the executive would be out-rightly supported or subtly promoted by the senate president, if he was the man the executive so badly wanted to put in place.

Let us look at some of these executive intentions

1). Implementation of the social media bill.

2). Implenting a grazing reserve bill to ensure cattle is reared in Nigeria the same way it has been done thousands of years ago, even though we are in mordern times and absolutely none of the top beef producing countries in the world is practice nomadic herding. Other Nigerians would have been forced to forfeit their lands to empower the idea

What else do you think would have happened if the executive's choice became senate president, and Bukola Saraki chose not to exercise his rights to satisfy his desire to contest, as his party's stalwarts told him?

SMH...

Was it the executive that sponsored the grazing bill? Was the bill to check the movement and preservation of cattle sponsored by a PDP senator not also rejected? Please, let us educate ourselves before coming here to spew trash.

Also about the social media bill, it was sponsored by a senator and openly supported by Dino who felt he was disrespected by Sahara Reporters in one of its reports on him. Buhari openly distanced himself from that bill.
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:
sarakill the yoruba demon lol. so if saraki decides to be president that means yoruba is president and acting vice president. we still winning mayne lol . dunno why our brothers from biafra like to see division amongst us.

Saraki mother is from ekiti state while his grandfather is from abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2017
Idreal22:

Saraki mother is from ekiti state while his grandfather is from abeokuta.
and there you have it. case closed

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Goldfaze1: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2017
wellmax:
Nigeria would have been better.

PMB would not have been poisoned
and who told you we are not happy that Buhari is poisoned, we are waiting for his obituary to be announce so we can celebrate the eternal departure of the greatest evil that has bedevil our land
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:
you know oyb, thats one angle I didnt look at this whole thing from. thats a fresh perspective. I was thinking it was just general hate for anything afonja that they have. it all makes sense now. but when will they get over this whole jonathan debacle ? its been over two years now ? even otueke people have moved on ? lmao grin

if jona had returned, iweala would have been the next president. thats what all that coordinating minister stuff was - grooming iweala.

the ibos believed that pdp could federal might its way through the election process, and burned their bridges with the rest of nigeria. now they are in he political wilderness and brandishing kanu as a means to seek for political relevance.

it is the same reason they hate obama. the obama administration made it clear they did not approve of jona. lower minded individuals will claim it is about gay rights [forgetting that america is allid with countries that endorse far greater repression eg saudi arabia], when it was about jonas turning boko haram into a blank check for pdp, and aloowing a band of motor cycle riding thugs to morph into a force that threatened the entire west african region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by abbey621(m): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2017
Suspect33:
dont generalise, i love the yoruba tribe and it people, my first love grin was a yoruba girl, she made me crush on every slim yoruba girl i come across grin, 70 percent of my friends are yoruba, i love their simplicity, so dont generalise, yorubas are loved by the igbos

Hahahaha.... maybe 15 to 20 years ago but nowadays it is war! Biafra and the alignment of the SW with the North has changed things my friend, only the lucky ones still maintain close friendships like yours...the lucky ones!

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by kayzat: 10:48am On Jul 06, 2017
coolscott:
Having their preferred man at the helm of the affairs in the senate would have made easier the backing of the whims and desires of the executive by the senate.

Clearly, more of the intentions of the executive would be out-rightly supported or subtly promoted by the senate president, if he was the man the executive so badly wanted to put in place.

2). Implenting a grazing reserve bill to ensure cattle is reared in Nigeria the same way it has been done thousands of years ago, even though we are in mordern times and absolutely none of the top beef producing countries in the world is practice nomadic herding. Other Nigerians would have been forced to forfeit their lands to empower the idea

What else do you think would have happened if the executive's choice became senate president, and Bukola Saraki chose not to exercise his rights to satisfy his desire to contest, as his party's stalwarts told him?

The social media bill was actually sponsored by one of the senators loyal to Saraki and I doubt if the executive arm actually forward any bill on grazing reserves the Assembly because the Agric minister once debunked the rumour on the bill.
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 10:48am On Jul 06, 2017
oyb:

if jona had returned, iweala would have been the next president. thats what all that coordinating minister stuff was - grooming iweala.

the ibos believed that pdp could federal might its way through the election process, and burned their bridges with the rest of nigeria. now they are in he political wilderness and brandishing kanu as a means to seek for political relevance.

it is the same reason they hate obama. the obama administration made it clear they did not approve of jona. lower minded individuals will claim it is about gay rights [forgetting that america is allid with countries that endorse far greater repression eg saudi arabia], when it was about jonas turning boko haram into a blank check for pdp, and aloowing a band of motor cycle riding thugs to morph into a force that threatened the entire west african region .
hmmmm the oracle has spoken. very strong points made. This right here is the diagnosis of the pathology. The prognosis looks very bleak
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by LordAdam16: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2017
mostHandsome01:
other things thats who have happened

1) the executive will have gone through with the cotonou-nigeria border policy for imported cars, cars would have been super expensive today including high cost of transportation if nigerian were to clear thier cars only through the port .

2) car import duties will have been enforced on nigerians. import duty is quite a high cost to do . many nigerians who already have cars even if its an old model will be forced to pay alot to do thier import duty papers, this will force many people to park thier cars at home as only the rich will be left to drive cars on the road .

3) the executive will still be suffering nigerians that dont use prepaid meter by giving them estimations which in some cases this estimations are really ambiguous .
-A 3bed room house will be charged 5k estimation
and
-A one bedroom house will be charged 5k, estimation.
that is a reap off.
but thanks to the senate for insisting no house should until they have been served prepaid metres.

so many things bukola saraki and the senate helped the masses avert else the suffering will be more than this.

can go on and on.

Why is everybody forgetting the major one.

Buhari would have become a full-fledged dictator like Erdogan. The calls to suspend the constitution and give him sweeping powers would have been accepted and it'd be the end of democracy as we know it.

Imagine Buhari in a sick bed in London with the cabal (Abba Kyari) having supreme powers in Nigeria. Osinbajo for don dey 6 ft. Grazing bill would have been passed, Niger Delta would be a war zone, and Kanu would still be in Kuje.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by wellmax(m): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2017
Goldfaze1:
and who told you we are not happy that Buhari is poisoned, we are waiting for his obituary to be announce so we can celebrate the eternal departure of the greatest evil that has bedevil our land

So shall it be unto you.
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by FOLLEY20(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2017
olapluto:
The level of intellectual inputs in Nairaland is falling badly. What has this op said that is sensible enough to make fp now? Politics in Nigeria is beyond cyber cafe attendants. If Saraki needed the grazing bill to get political position, he will help it.
Sure! You are very correct!
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by emerged01(m): 11:24am On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:

Sometime I dey think whether dem no know say Saraki na Yoruba. What makes Saraki who he is today,is his plan to be president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=mostHandsome01 post=58175496]other things thats who have happened

1) the executive will have gone through with the cotonou-nigeria border policy for imported cars, cars would have been super expensive today including high cost of transportation if nigerian were to clear thier cars only through the port .

2) car import duties will have been enforced on nigerians. import duty is quite a high cost to do . many nigerians who already have cars even if its an old model will be forced to pay alot to do thier import duty papers, this will force many people to park thier cars at home as only the rich will be left to drive cars on the roa

wu told u import duties ar not paid upon cars purchased,,fr yu to even think dat import duties wil b paid on old serving vehicle shows u r a previlege dummy wit a smartphone.
what is their to celebrate if senate stops a fixed charge, wen residence's stil get crazy bills .. how on earth as d senate stop us frm paying fr what we ddnt use/consume
where n when as the senate deliberated on citizens welfare issues?? what bill as bin enacted so far by the senate that the citizens ar presently benefitin from..do they even represent us i doubt if yu watch news or well informed.

asides bin d most handsome on NL,,yu r d most dumbest of kids on NL .
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
wellmax:
Nigeria would have been better.

PMB would not have been poisoned

Who poisoned him? I believe you all know no such thing happened. Continue...
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Amah70: 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
temptnow:
I don't know why, am now putting saraki in prayer. God will continue to keep him there for us. The thiefnubuu Slayer. The man who humbled thiefnubuu.

The man who singlehandedly kicked thiefnubuu out of Abuja politics. Thiefnubuu have no say in this government. Even if Buhari kick bucket.

Tinubu with his Afonja crowd in APC would have helped Buhari clan to insert Sharia Criminal Laws in the 1999 Constitution before now.

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by AngelicBeing: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:
i dont consider myself nigerian as such, was not born there and try as much as possible to distance myself from many nigerian traditional practices. but does that mean i am not nigerian ? lol. it is not what you consider yourself, it is what you are

and what is it you biafrans have against tinubu ? lagos is a vibrant beautiful city because of tinubu and many of your brethrens are enjoying the lagos he had the vision to create so why you hate him ? why dont you spend that energy in hating theodore and orji kalu who destroyed igboland by stealing all ya money ?
Dayuum tongue
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:
i hear ya. its not about their intentions. none of them have good intentions. i was simply making the point based on biafrans support for saraki to spite yoruba. meaning even if saraki succeeds it still is yoruba man as head and yoruba as vp so either way we still winning lol

THEY are winning. Not you.

In the grand scheme of things, you are insignificant

embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Amah70: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
sukkot:

Guess why those Biafrans are bent on leaving Nigeria finally for the North and your SW.

The Igbo is the largest single ethnic group in Nigeria, yet Arewa restructured Nigeria politically through its military dictators;

in the process, they shunted out Igbo and non-Igbo of the SS from apex political leadership of Nigeria.

Whenever Fula is tired of holding apex political power, it passes over to Yoruba.

Worse, with govt instruments, they scheme to impose their Islam upon the Igbo and the non-Igbo in the SS who are nearly 98% non-Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Ibnkathir: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
coolscott:

Lesson: Loading....nothing learnt from this post..
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by Splashme: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
temptnow:
I don't know why, am now putting saraki in prayer. God will continue to keep him there for us. The thiefnubuu Slayer. The man who humbled thiefnubuu.

The man who singlehandedly kicked thiefnubuu out of Abuja politics. Thiefnubuu have no say in this government. Even if Buhari kick bucket.
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Amah70:

Guess why those Biafrans are bent on leaving Nigeria finally for the North and your SW.

The Igbo is the largest single ethnic group in Nigeria, yet Arewa restructured Nigeria politically through its military dictators;

in the process, they shunted out Igbo and non-Igbo of the SS from apex political leadership of Nigeria.

Whenever Fula is tired of holding apex political power, it passes over to Yoruba.

Worse, with govt instruments, they scheme to impose their Islam upon the Igbo and the non-Igbo in the SS who are nearly 98% non-Muslims.
you do know the first two presidents of nigeria were igbo right ? azikiwe and aguiyi. i dont think its tribalism. they are still angry that you killed tafawa balewa and sardauna. two fine upstanding impeccable well spoken gentlemen. you wasted their bright shinning stars they still hold a grudge
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
EasyWork001:

THEY are winning. Not you.

In the grand scheme of things, you are insignificant

embarassed
you are very correct. i am a nobody grin
Re: Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President by sukkot: 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Dayuum tongue
bros, wehdone sir cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa: Sit-At-Home For 26th May 2022 Will Still Hold / King Mohammed Of Morocco Arrives Nigeria, Received By Osinbajo (photos) / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Lekki To Flag Off Deep Sea Port Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.