Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures (18703 Views)

Banana Island In Pictures / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by SEFAGO(m): 3:23am On Feb 01, 2010
Oh, owerri is in Imo state cool. Isn't this one of the richest states in Nigeria? I could imagine what you could find in others states. And Ali Baba adababa gave me false information- the cheeky bastard.

You really should stop, Nigeria needs prayer, period

Thats true, but we have to start from somewhere- I cant let my blood brothers in owerri to be living under harsh conditions while I am living comfortably. That is not right, and it affects my conscience strongly. You are enjoying America while your fellow brothers are suffering under the sun undecided kiss

By the way what should I stop? I will not rest until every single Nigerian is comfortable and lives a lifestyle surpassing that of other rich nations.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by Nobody: 3:25am On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

Oh, owerri is in Imo state cool. Isn't this one of the richest states in Nigeria? I could imagine what you could find in others states. And Ali Baba adababa gave me false information- the cheeky naughty person.

Thats true, but we have to start from somewhere- I cant let my blood brothers in owerri to be living under harsh conditions while I am living comfortably. That is not right, and it affects my conscience strongly. You are enjoying America while your fellow brothers are suffering under the sun undecided kiss

By the way what should I stop? I will not rest until every single Nigerian is comfortable and lives a lifestyle surpassing that of other rich nations.

Oo moh nkan ti o n se. Iyen ko ki n se iranlowo.

Ibubu ni a n pe iyen o.

If you no understand that, too bad. Learn your language grin
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by SEFAGO(m): 3:33am On Feb 01, 2010
Ok. lol
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by Pweety4me(f): 4:13am On Feb 01, 2010
@OP all dat red meat at d top wat u call "delicious" kinda looks groose ooo. . . undecided
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by Afam(m): 7:53am On Feb 01, 2010
Submitted by WayoGuy
Source: http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/lounge/21769-owerri-my-nigerian-adventure-pictures.html
Jul 30, 2008

From the above, the post was originally submitted on June 30, 2008 that was by WayoGuy on another discussion forum.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by princekevo(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2010
OMG!!! I missed that soya jst seeing it on the pics.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by abadaba(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2010
@the poster: the Ikenga statute in Owerri is missing in the photographs presented here. Did I miss that, or is it no longer in Owerri?. I knew that some SU (scripture unionist) are not happy with that carving in Owerri.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by asha80(m): 11:36am On Feb 01, 2010
abadaba:

@the poster: the Ikenga statute in Owerri is missing in the photographs presented here. Did I miss that, or is it no longer in Owerri?. I knew that some SU (scripture unionist) are not happy with that carving in Owerri.

haha guy when last did you visit owerri. , the statue was removed as far back as 1999 or 2000.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by abadaba(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2010
asha 80:

haha guy when last did you visit owerri. , the statue was removed as far back as 1999 or 2000.
I visited Owerri 19 months ago. I might have overlooked some certain things which I thought were not essential. Now that I am registerd on Nairaland, I have to think about it and some other wood carvings around Owerri. Probably because I am not from Owerri, that made me not to pay attention to that Igbo symbol.
I will be in Nigeria this coming easter, but must surely visit Ekwuoma, Abadaba lake and Arugo city.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by THEAMAKA(f): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
bad belles. tongue
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by Hauwa1: 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2010
wish i could lay my hands on anara/GE to eat that yam there or make me a  good GE soup with ezigbo eba or cocoyam poundo grin
grandma, miss ya
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by aloyemeka2: 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
*Hauwa*:

wish i could lay my hands on anara/GE to eat that yam there or make me a  good GE soup with ezigbo eba or cocoyam poundo grin
grandma, miss ya

What is GE? General Electric? 
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by aloyemeka2: 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
☻ajali☺:

@aloy-emeka

yeah, aloy-emeka,
wonderful, simply wonderful. I like the photos very much. Thanks a lot.
I have already heard from many people that Owerri should be very nice.
In April we will visit my mother-in-law and the rest of my husband's family. I still never was there.

Now I must already laugh if I imagine as confused my husband will react if I will say him that
I wanted to go to the Eke Onunwa market. Where[b] he[/b] would like to show me Owerri.
I believe his face in this moment I will stick with the camera.  grin
But I am sure there is even more he can show me. Not only in Owerri.

grin  grin  grin

The pictures really do not do Owerri justice. Even though their governor is crooked, Douglas, Tetlow and wetheral roads looks like Manhattan now.

[img]http://www.tripwiser.com/get_photo.do?photoId=8a8c80fe19a60aec0119b37379b8094e&fullPhoto=1[/img]
Douglas road owerri.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by aloyemeka2: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2010
Owerri girls are the prettiest in West Africa. No joke, if you no fine as a woman, don't ever think of living in Owerri. There must be something in their water that makes their women look so hot.   grin grin grin

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QbygZlaM4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by ajalio(f): 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2010
@aloy-emeka

hehehe, this song I have as a ringing tone on my mobile phone. grin

It is unbelievable, the people start to smile if in the underground
or in the bus my mobile phone rings, honestly.
I like this song very much. It's one of my favorite songs.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by ajalio(f): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
@aloy-emeka

Owerri girls are the prettiest in West Africa. No joke, if you no fine as a woman, don't ever think of living in Owerri. There must be something in their water that makes their women look so hot.    grin  grin  grin

I agree with you, my mother-in-law is still very beautiful.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by THEAMAKA(f): 12:58am On Feb 02, 2010
i didn't spend too much time in Owerri, but from what i've seen, they do have knockouts, ones that you break your neck to look at.
[size=1pt]that's where i get mine from. hehe[/size]
cool
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by aloyemeka2: 7:01am On Feb 04, 2010
Ala Owerre lee grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by jorel1(m): 4:41am On Feb 05, 2010
i think Owerri is in Niger state, if am right
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by ajalio(f): 7:47am On Feb 05, 2010
jor-el:

i think Owerri is in Niger state, if am right

Sorry, but you are wrong. Owerri is the capital of Imo State.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by oyinda3(f): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2010
ada owerri oh ada owerri oh  grin obi mu o na ton ni ni ni ni
what lovely pics

ok. aloy.emeka? what state are u from? i'm sure i've asked u this b4 but didn't get a reply
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by aloyemeka2: 1:19am On Feb 06, 2010
oyinda.:

ada owerri oh ada owerri oh  grin obi mu o na ton ni ni ni ni
what lovely pics

ok. aloy.emeka? what state are u from? i'm sure i've asked u this b4 but didn't get a reply
Kalakuta state.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2010
I passed Owerri on my way to Aba and i can say that it's one of the few beautiful cities in Naija.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by THEAMAKA(f): 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2010
afam4eva:

I passed Owerri on my way to Aba and i can say that it's one of the few beautiful cities in Naija.
thank you. cool
i don't get it. what do people expect market pictures to look like? glamorous? clean?
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by oyinda3(f): 11:15pm On Feb 06, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Kalakuta  state.

i think nkem owoh is from there too
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by 0hsisi: 12:03am On Feb 12, 2010
Unu g'egbu kwa nmadu
Aloy Nwanne m
i shi k'iwere kpa gbuo nmanu ugbu ugbu?
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by 0hsisi: 12:06am On Feb 12, 2010
Ala owerre le le nu meeeeeee
Emeka shi ya nyem heart attack n'abali a
Kedu kwanu picture Ikenegbu layout ebe anyi no to obere agboghobia
ebe umu boys n'umu girls no mee onwe ha many things
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by ALUSI: 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2010
What changes and contributions have you made in your society Owerri.Those poor neighbours in you village,what did you do for them?You travelled back from Washington and take these pictures to mock your country.Dont you see how stupid and moronic you are.We contribute alot to our predicaments.We complain about everything.You will hardly see an Indian man posting pictures Bombay or Mumbai slums to mock there country.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by THEAMAKA(f): 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2010
ALUSI:

What changes and contributions have you made in your society Owerri.Those poor neighbours in you village,what did you do for them?You travelled back from Washington and take these pictures to mock your country.Dont you see how silly and moronic you are.We contribute alot to our predicaments.We complain about everything.You will hardly see an Indian man posting pictures Bombay or Mumbai slums to mock there country.
WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
okay where did that come? why are you so ashamed? what is there to be ashamed of?
i don't see that as mocking one's country. so one can no longer take pictures unless it looks like "Victoria Island/Lagos Island/Abuja" ect. . .
i don't see the insult here.
how about you stop ranting and help them out. gosh!
you seem really bitter.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by ALUSI: 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
THE AMAKA:

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
okay where did that come? why are you so ashamed? what is there to be ashamed of?
i don't see that as mocking one's country. so one can no longer take pictures unless it looks like "Victoria Island/Lagos Island/Abuja" ect. . .
i don't see the insult here.
how about you stop ranting and help them out. gosh!
you seem really bitter.

Clap for yourself and rejoice on 9ija hardships.There're ghettos in America,Europe etc.Most Nigerians start making fun of nigeria as soon as they fly oversea.I'm never ashame of been a nigerian or whatever pictures you post,but you guys should be ashame of the kind of statements,comments you post about nigeria.Dat oyibo country no be ur papa house.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by THEAMAKA(f): 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2010
ALUSI:

Clap for yourself and rejoice on 9ija hardships.There're ghettos in America,Europe etc.Most Nigerians start making fun of nigeria as soon as they fly oversea.I'm never ashame of been a nigerian or whatever pictures you post,but you guys should be ashame of the kind of statements,comments you post about nigeria.Dat oyibo country no be your papa house.
what are you talking about? so one should not take pictures of Owerri? who here is mocking?
stop feeing however your feeling over these pics.
im beginning to think YOU are the one that is ashamed of them.
why are you interpreting everything in a negative way?
so one cannot take pictures of their trip to naija anymore, if they don't look like the posh areas of Abuja?
oh please!!!
and what do american and european ghettos have to do with it?
get over yourself.
Re: Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures by ALUSI: 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2010
THE AMAKA:

what are you talking about? so one should not take pictures of Owerri? who here is mocking?
stop feeing however your feeling over these pics.
im beginning to think YOU are the one that is ashamed of them.
why are you interpreting everything in a negative way?
so one cannot take pictures of their trip to naija anymore, if they don't look like the posh areas of Abuja?
oh please!!!
and what do american and european ghettos have to do with it?
get over yourself.

Body don begin scratch you.Why body dey scratch? dey laugh dey go becos u dey oyibo land i no blame u.dat place no be ur papa land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. / Picture Update Of Some Ongoing Projects In Nigeria / Transitioning From Ppr To Landing In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.