Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) (32480 Views)

APC Cracks Widen, Tinubu, Governors Lock Horns As Court Suspends Oshiomhole / Court Suspends Oshiomhole As APC Chairman / BREAKING: Onnoghen: Senate Approaches Supreme Court, Suspends Plan To Reconvene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by jbloggs(m): 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
donsteady:
Dino vs Yaya 2:0
Dino vs Yaya 2:3 (Final score) .
You won't see it coming.
Stop deceiving yourself.
That is not a court of competent jurisdiction...
Dino is representing a constituency in Kogi and not Abuja...
Fake judgement will not stand at the end.

If the recall is thorough...
He would be recalled, go and study the electoral act properly.

2 Likes

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by nextstep(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
This is not news. This is a single tweet from Dino. Let's hear the full story from all involved parties yet - Court and INEC before we react. The way things go in Naija, tomorrow court will say "we did not suspend the recall"...

Why is Dino afraid of recall? Regardless that the governor started it, he can't be recalled if the citizens don't vote to recall... so he must have valid fears because he's been doing such a sh1t job.

And where in the Constitution does a court get to stop elections/recall? Isn't INEC supposed to Independently verify if the voter record and signatures are valid?

2 Likes

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Nbote(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Your logic is zero.
The question is not about what the governor has or has not achieved, it is about the power of the people to exercise their constitutional rights of 'oversight' in a recall process. Whosoever is the sponsor or organizer is irrelevant. What is pertinent is the legality of the process.
If Dino or any other person is willing he can institute a similar or parallel process against the Governor. It's his right

What logic?? Good U talked about d legality here.. I hope U do realise dat even INEC before now had sworn to go ahead with d recall process saying only a competent court of law are d only ones dat can stay the process.. Are u more competent than d Federal High Court?? Do U even know it was the Kogi APC dat actually went to court to stop d process?? Stop spewing thrash out of ignorance.. Here's a link
https://buzznigeria.com/dino-melaye-recall/
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by jbloggs(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Waiting for Sahara reporters to tell us how much exchanged hands.

But seriously Dino is becoming a 'force' politically and a cat with 9lives.

A time for him to release ajekun iya remix. Governor Bello brace yaself grin

I have seen this happened in Nigeria...
It is called delayed justice.
Supreme Court will be fast with it.
No worry yourself.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by jbloggs(m): 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Kathmandu:
what are you smoking

I should also ask how you knew or saw him smoking if you weren't smoking 10 times what you saw....
Electoral Act is no joke oooo.
Dino is only delaying his punishment.
he will get it in full dose lol.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by jbloggs(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
jconsulting:
Politicians always forget that one day they will come back to ask for people's vote , I pity this man Dinosaur political career , let him enjoy this for the next 2 years after that what next, you think all these idiots hailing you on social media will stand in the sun and cast their votes for you ....time will tell
GBAM!
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by RoyalUc(m): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nbote:
All of U ranting about how rotten d judiciary is or how Dino has d judiciary in his pockets, what was d credibility of d recall in d first place?? U dont see anything wrong in a Governor who has done absolutely nothing at all going all out to orchestrate the so called recall of a senator but yet there's something wrong because d senator is fighting back?? SMH

That's the essence of the verification exercise.
It is INEC's constitutional duty to thoroughly verify the signature of the petitioners to ensure there is no foul play.

I truly don't understand Nigerians. We complain about the state of things in Nigeria, always saying our politicians are taking us for a ride. Now the people, either sponsored or not, who voted someone into power in the first place now 'wants' to recall the person and the court wants to override the right of people.

1 Like

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by fancifulasuquo(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
"if I talk, I die.... if I no talk I go still die""" okpeni no worry u no go die but u go cum back
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by senatordave1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
On what grounds are inec suspending the lawful recall process? I believe the order would be vacated by next week

2 Likes

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Soso990240(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
xstry:

the court is the if you've anything against any of the people you just listed. Dino is using the judiciary to fight the same people that voted him and you u say the judiciary is saving lives
hey,if u dont know what is going on, kindly leave the poor masses out of this. Kogi state governor is sponsoring this rubbish "Recall Dino". Am currently in kabba, Dino is representing us and we dont want his Recall. If u are in Kogi state, u will get the real picture.Yahaya Bello should be impeached, not Dino Recall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
Melaye misleading his gullible followers
The court never stop any recall process

1 Like

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by david290(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
I have always known our judiciary to be like this. Whoever doesn't know where we're heading in this country should go and find yesterday's thread where a Skye bank manager who cornered #2million was granted a #100000 bail.
The thing is, if you don't have money in this Nigeria just avoid trouble like I'm doing (at least until you'll have money to buy judgement.)

1 Like

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by sleazy5(m): 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Same way you go about defending obasanjo amaechi and tinubu
Nice one bro. I duff my hat for this epic response.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nbote:

What logic?? Good U talked about d legality here.. I hope U do realise dat even INEC before now had sworn to go ahead with d recall process saying only a competent court of law are d only ones dat can stay the process.. Are u more competent than d Federal High Court?? Do U even know it was the Kogi APC dat actually went to court to stop d process?? Stop spewing thrash out of ignorance.. Here's a link

Another illogicality from you. Along with insults that betray the state of your mind. Need you toss insults to make your feeble point ? Who is arguing about the power of the court to stay proceedings ? Or the originator of the law suit ?
You have not grasped the issue under debate but you want to comment by all means.
You dodged the issue I raised and are busy chasing your strawman.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by hush15: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
xstry:
Rotten judiciary.

Hater identified
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by GoldHorse(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
deomelo:

I don't even know how Nigerians got so bastardized to this ridiculous and absurd level.

Only in Nigeria

grin grin grin

Honestly! It is very sad indeed. Supporting criminality and stupidity.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by reuben79: 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
9ja my country..................ok ooooo
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by In4matic: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
So its via the twitter handle of the same dino I'll get to hear this news. neither the court nor the judge was stated. I'll believe when I see it from a more credible source.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Okpanwu(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
1000 Gbosaaaa for Judiciary. I stand with Dino Melaye
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Nbote(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
RoyalUc:

That's the essence of the verification exercise.
It is INEC's constitutional duty to thoroughly verify the signature of the petitioners to ensure there is no foul play.

I truly don't understand Nigerians. We complain about the state of things in Nigeria, always saying our politicians are taking us for a ride. Now the people, either sponsored or not, who voted someone into power in the first place now 'wants' to recall the person and the court wants to override the right of people.

Oga, INEC admitted before now dat only a competent court can put a hold to d proceedings and now dat such court has done so, what exactly is d problem? Are u more competent than d court? D state chapter of the APC were even the ones who took d matter to court.. D court is in no way overriding ppl's right and except U are more grounded on the Constitution and laws than d Federal High Court then Ur opinion is biased.. It's now left for the sponsors or INEC to go to the same court and prove why dey need to go ahead with d recall...
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Redman36(m): 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I don't even understand what status quo means in this case. He will remain a senator until the process is concluded, so whats the need for a status quo judgement? Is the judge saying that INEC should suspend all verification or are they saying INEC should maintain the status quo of verification?

I hope Dino is getting value for the money he paid because this status quo judgement get k-leg.
maintain a status quo in dis case is simply means for both parties to continue doing wot dey were doing,which is d recal process should go on.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by mechanics(m): 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
politics has taken place.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Nbote(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Another illogicality from you. Along with insults that betray the state of your mind. Need you toss insults to make your feeble point ? Who is arguing about the power of the court to stay proceedings ? Or the originator of the law suit ?
You have not grasped the issue under debate but you want to comment by all means.
You dodged the issue I raised and are busy chasing your strawman.

Insults?? What part of my comment earlier are the "insults" contained?? What question did u raise other than the right of the ppl to recall their senator? I remember I dropped a link earlier of INEC admitting only a competent court can stop d process.. Is it not left for INEC and d sponsors of the recall to go back to the same courts and present their case as to why they shld go ahead with d recall?? How logical are being by crying foul over a competent court stopping d process when even INEC demselves acknowledge d process can b stopped by such court??
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Yusman316(m): 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nbote:

Oga, INEC admitted before now dat only a competent court can put a hold to d proceedings and now dat such court has done so, what exactly is d problem? Are u more competent than d court? D state chapter of the APC were even the ones who took d matter to court.. D court is in no way overriding ppl's right and except U are more grounded on the Constitution and laws than d Federal High Court then Ur opinion is biased.. It's now left for the sponsors or INEC to go to the same court and prove why dey need to go ahead with d recall...
Are u saying when the people initiated the process in the first place, they didn't state their reasons?
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Emassive(m): 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
xstry:

the court is the if you've anything against any of the people you just listed. Dino is using the judiciary to fight the same people that voted him and you u say the judiciary is saving lives
shut up there, which people are talking about? Do you the poor Nigerians came out in the sun just to sign a recall on a senator they don't even understand anything of his duty. .... it was always going to fail
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by bashydemy(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin The judiciary has again defended the masses and once again proven to be the last hope of the common man. Dino melaye has always proven to be one of the very best and finest senator of the 8th assembly. God bless our judiciary. Light will surely outshine darkness.

Yarimo kindly take heart ehn, I feel your pain

LOL i never knew court can override the wishes of the people over who they voted for.. Can't wait to see Melaye family to be burn to ground and also his mother kidnap and families lynch to death..

1 Like

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by luckyogor(m): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
Good move,what rubbish re-call, wetin bello know.
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by omoiyalayi(m): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
Drama drama everywhere

Am sure these drama will nt end here

APC...........
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Nbote(m): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
Yusman316:

Are u saying when the people initiated the process in the first place, they didn't state their reasons?

First things first the court has not stopped d recall.. D court simply asked all parties to maintain d "Status Quo".. It is now left for INEC and the other parties involved to go to d same court and challenge dat.. It's not enough to jus sit in the comfort of our homes and make baseless and ignorant assertions. Google is ur friend.. U can search the case

1 Like

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Dmano: 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
I knew that it will end in court,i don't know d reason for the recall,if there is need for any recall then it should be other 2 senators i don't even know their names,meanwhile if u are in need of Housekeepers,Nannies,Cooks/Chefs,Laundry man,Drivers,Cleaners etc. Then call Nsekeng Resources Ventures, Tel. 08186153076: if u are in Lagos
Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
The recall process is too cumbersome. We need to copy better model.

1 Like

Re: Court Suspends Dino Melaye's Recall (Pics) by seunmsg(m): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nbote:

There was no injunction or stay of proceeding from the high court as regards Dino's recall. The process continues as planned. Don't be deceived by Dino's mischievous tweet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aviation Ministry Confirms N255m Vehicles Purchase For Oduah / Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi Olowo Of Owo Burial: Saraki, Akeredolu, Fayemi Attend / Gunboats And Landing Craft Of The Nigerian Army Amphibious Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.