Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,389 members, 7,812,150 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Population Density And IGR In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Population Density And IGR In Nigeria (5262 Views)

Obiano And IGR / Lagos, Rivers, Ogun, Delta Made N2.71tn IGR In Five Years / Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
I have just completed a course in Infographics on Coursera. The project-center course was organised by the Michinga State University. Here is a copy of my final project. I actually passed the course. I got the data from the National Bureau of Statistics. Please note: The population density refers to the 2006 census figures for each zone (i.e. summation of census figures in the States within a geopolitical zone) divided by fixed land area for each zone. That is the last authentic census figure. All other ones are estimates. It is assumed that the population growth at the same rate up to 2016. The IGR is the data for the 2016. Please take a look. DOES POPULATION DENSITY REFLECT THE IGR OF EACH GEOPOLITICAL ZONE?

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by realjoker(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
obasy09:
I have just completed a course in Infographics on Coursera. The project-center course was organised by the Michinga State University. Here is a copy of my final project. I actually passed the course. I got the data from the National Bureau of Statistics. Please note: The population density refers to the 2006 census figures for each zone (i.e. summation of census figures in the States within a geopolitical zone) divided by fixed land area for each zone. That is the last authentic census figure. All other ones are estimates. It is assumed that the population growth at the same rate up to 2016. The IGR is the data for the 2016. Please take a look. DOES POPULATION DENSITY REFLECT THE IGR OF EACH GEOPOLITICAL ZONE?
please wants to also run courses on coursera needs some tips.
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
realjoker:
please wants to also run courses on coursera needs some tips.
What tip do you need?
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by ifevictor: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
It has shown that there is little correlation between population density and IGR. This is largely to the fact that most governments in those states aren't taking advantage of their population and drive poductivity.

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
ifevictor:
It has shown that there is little correlation between population density and IGR. This is largely to the fact that most governments in those states aren't taking advantage of their population and drive poductivity.

Hmmm. good analysis. It appears that the SE geopolitical zone (not many States as alleged) are not taking advantage of their population density to generate more IGR.
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by FKO81(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
Op I hope you are aware doctors are still protesting in Osun over 22 months salaries Same state has been paying half salaries to workers for 26 months, why can't west high IGR on paper reflect to those dying in penury Five southwestern states received bailout funds twice to enable them pay the backlog of workers’ salary arrears.

3 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Ereolamide: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
According to your chart, the south east has the highest population density after the southwest, yet the southeast is the stiffest competitor with the terror ravaged north east as regarded the region with lowest igr in Nigeria.

The lack of mentally capable leaders in the southsouth part of the country is responsible for their low igr, even though it is low populated.

All in all I don't think your study shows that population density have anything to do with igr whether in Nigeria or abroad.

5 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ereolamide:
According to your chart, the south east has the highest population density after the southwest, yet the southeast is the stiffest competitor with the terror ravaged north east as regarded the region with lowest igr in Nigeria.

The lack of mentally capable leaders in the southsouth part of the country is responsible for their low igr, even though it is low populated.

All in all I don't think your study shows that population density have anything to do with igr whether in Nigeria or abroad.

Then, what could be driving the IGR in SW and SS?
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by realjoker(m): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
obasy09:

What tip do you need?
The rate of Data consumption(data na luxury for Naija u know), length of courses, what is the name of the course u take, etc
Blackfire:
Watch as this information is turned to e war...
honestly this ish has become a joke that is no longer funny. And what irks me most is the nonchalant attitude of the mods and admin of the forum toward it, they care not about the quality of the forum but only care about the quantity (traffic) since they know most of Nigerians(ads placers) care not about the quality rather care about the quantity(traffic)
Can just imagine how an ordinary information turns into an E-war within a blink of the eye
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
realjoker:
The rate of Data consumption(data na luxury for Naija u know), length of courses, what is the name of the course u take, etc
If you can get the glo 2.5k for 10gig, you will have enough data to do a course. The course that I took was 'Infographics'- project-centered course.
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
I dont think your computation is right...

I dont think SW has more population that any of the regions in the North despite producing the highest IGR combined as alledged in your infographics... neither does the SE have such population. Please review and stop being tribalistic with data.

From your data analysis, SE is more populated than NE,NW,NC?, same for SS?

Can you give us state estimated population alongside IGR?

Modied...... guess it was an oversight, op meant Population density not actual population..
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Ereolamide: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
FKO81:
Op I hope you are aware doctors are still protesting in Osun over 22 months salary Same state has been paying half salaries to workers for 26 months, why can't west high IGR on paper reflect to those dying in penury Five southwestern states received bailout funds twice to enable them pay the backlog of workers’ salary arrears.
The region dying in penury in the southern part of Nigeria is the southeast, this is according to the united nations poverty index.

Better hold your apku leaders responsible for the deep shit in which your region is drowning, the same southeast generated the lowest igr in the south.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by uglyafonja: 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ereolamide:

This is a video of ebony state.....can you compare it with any SW state minus Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh96zkvO5xU

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by uglyafonja: 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
This a video of Ebony state...can any SW state compare with it minus Lagos....

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by uglyafonja: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
FKO81:
Op I hope you are aware doctors are still protesting in Osun over 22 months salary Same state has been paying half salaries to workers for 26 months, why can't west high IGR on paper reflect to those dying in penury Five southwestern states received bailout funds twice to enable them pay the backlog of workers’ salary arrears.

This is a video of ebony state.....Can any SW city compare with it

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
Watch as this information is turned to e war...
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Ereolamide: 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
uglyafonja:

This is a video of ebony state.....can you compare it with any SW state minus Lagos

I don't give a rat ass about the shit happening in ebonyi or the erosion ravaged southeast, various infographics has shown the southeast to be the poverty enmeshed region in the south, whatever nonsense posted in your video can't change the fact.

6 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by FKO81(m): 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ereolamide:

I don't give a rat ass about the shit happening in ebonyi or the erosion ravaged southeast, various infographics has shown the southeast to be the poverty enmeshed region in the south, whatever nonsense posted in your video can't change the fact.

West earthquake and flood zone

Since geophysical and geological studies have discovered that a fault zone that connects with the Atlantic fracture system exists along Ifewara-Zungeru, hence, Nigeria, especially South-West is susceptible to earthquake occurrence

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/property/55434-nigeria-is-prone-to-earthquake

http://venturesafrica.com/an-earthquake-looms-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by uglyafonja: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ereolamide:

I don't give a rat ass about the shit happening in the ebonyi or the erosion ravaged southeast, various infographics has shown the southeast to be the poverty enmeshed region in the south, whatever nonsense posted in your video can't change the fact.

Doctors are protesting in OSUN state over 22month salary arrears.....

Below is your brothers and sisters begging for just a plate of food....

We don't do statistics here....we believe what is on ground and what is visible....

SW almajiris

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Ereolamide: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
FKO81:

West earthquake and flood zone

Since geophysical and geological studies have discovered that a fault zone that connects with the Atlantic fracture system exists along Ifewara-Zungeru, hence, Nigeria, especially South-West is susceptible to earthquake occurrence

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/property/55434-nigeria-is-prone-to-earthquake

http://venturesafrica.com/an-earthquake-looms-in-nigeria/
Bullcrap, yet your red cap donning uncles and their children are ready plunge into the quake cracks to make their living.
Get the FVCK out my sight.

6 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by FKO81(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ereolamide:

This is region with highest IGR grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by uglyafonja: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
obasy09:

In SE.......money is in the hands of individual...

In SW...... money is in the hand of the government, while the people are hungry....

1&2...typical SW cities and building.
3&4...typical SE cities and building.

Now,tell me who is poor

4 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by realjoker(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
obasy09:

Then, what could be driving the IGR in SW and SS?
Industrialization and service industry and better tax collection program.
like in SS for example
IOC IN OIL INDUSTRY (Total, ExxonMobil, chevron, Eni, Shell, Addax Petroleum, Statoil,China National Petroleum Corporation etc and other local oil companies)
NLNG
PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRIES
OIL AND GAS LOGISTICS BASE
OIL AND GAS SERVICE FIRMS
Terminal AND JETTIES OPERATORS
SHIPPING FIRMS etc
All contribute immensely to their IGR

And in SW

CONCENTRATION OF INDUSTRIES (There is No doubt that SW is the industrial power house of Nigeria as around 75%+ of industrial output is from the region)

AGRICULTURE AND AGRO Allied INDUSTRY (most of the formal agriculture industries which is the only source of government revenue in agriculture industry are found in SW producing livestocks, cash crops, Plantation etc

SEAPORT (even though FG is the sole collector of custom duty, VAT from seaports and sole operator/regulator of ports, terminals and dock yards which is the major source of non oil revenue to the Federation state governments still generates revenue from terminal operators, dock yards in form of PAYE, tenancy fees etc)

SERVICE INDUSTRY ( SW is also the service industry hub of Nigeria, from banking to tourism, travel/transportation, logistics, insurance, trade, Telecommunications, Pay TV, etc
Let me drop my pen here
And above all Responsible Government.

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Ereolamide: 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
uglyafonja:

Doctors are protesting in OSUN state over 22month salary arrears.....

Below is your brothers and sisters begging for just a plate of food....

We don't do statistics here....we believe what is on ground and what is visible....

SW almajiris
Yet Umahi is smacking his flat head against restructuring and secession because he realized poverty is gonna kill y'all when expelled to Biafra.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/dont-want-restructuring-biafra-ebonyi-governor-umahi/

I done with you Flattheads.

5 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by realjoker(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
Esseite:

I dont think SW has more population that any of the regions in the North despite producing the highest IGR combined as alledged in your infographics... neither does the SE have such population. Please review and stop being tribalistic with data.

population density it says.
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by FKO81(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ereolamide:

Bullcrap, yet your red cap donning uncles and their children are ready plunge into the quake cracks to make their living.
Get the FVCK out my sight.
Same way your uncles and aunties are selling agbo, carbucabu, load carriers in our markets and other minal jobs in the east

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by FKO81(m): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
uglyafonja:

This is a video of ebony state.....Can any SW city compare with it

\
Ebonyi is far better than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo oil producing state in all ramifications

2 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by uglyafonja: 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ereolamide:

Yet Umahi is smacking his flat head against restructuring and secession because he realized poverty is gonna kill y'all when expelled to Biafra.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/dont-want-restructuring-biafra-ebonyi-governor-umahi/

you people claim to be rich and live your lives in propagandas....

When recession happened, your region was the worst hit...

up till today, people are still protesting in SW...

Hungry people IDP camp are been opened in OSUN state....

Ogun claim to have high IGR but still collected 2 times bail out fund and is still owing deductions..

with all the high IGr in SW minus Lagos, non of your cities still beat Abakaliki, which is the least in SE...

Ibadan harbours the most poorest population in Nigeria.

EKITI state is in a sorry state....

people are begging for just a cup of rice

3 Likes

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
realjoker:
population density it says.
Okay... population density... well some tribalist and ethnic subscribers would obviously not understand it but would rather think its in favour of their tilted notion.
Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
Esseite:

The Southwest does not have the highest population but POPULATION DENSITY. That is the number of people per square meter. There is a difference bro.

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by uglyafonja: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
FKO81:
\
Ebonyi is far better than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo oil producing state in all ramifications

Even far better than Oyo and Ogun state....

just watch the video....seeing is believing...

1 Like

Re: Population Density And IGR In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
obasy09:

The Southwest does not have the highest population but POPULATION DENSITY. That is the number of people per square meter. There is a difference bro.

I thought it was population... thanks for the correction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Burnt Alive Baba Ewe Unit For Disrupting Election / Picture Of Bola Tinubu Adoring Aisha Buhari / Igbo-Etiti Traditional Rulers Pay Solidarity Visit To Governor Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.