Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063396 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
GeorgeD1:
saipro,
while i sympathize with you on your troubles, i'll encourage you to always stick with trusted brands.
for charge controllers you just can't beat tristar mppt. and there is a reason they are more expensive.
remember in solar as in life, you get what you pay for!

At Chief George,
I need you assistance and guidance on some solar/battery issues. Do not want to comment here as to mar people's livelihood due to various products being used. Please get to me via email 4javidonly@gmail.com.

Many thanks
Javid

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Javid4me:

At Chief George,
I need you assistance and guidance on some solar/battery issues. Do not want to comment here as to mar people's livelihood due to various products being used. Please get to me via email 4javidonly@gmail.com.

Many thanks
Javid

@ oga George D1. speak of d devil.
oya reply asap.

Mr Javid4me, I humbly suggest you rephrase ur question. it's better you make your questions public. Chief George is a busy man...u never can tell...someone who can help might be passing by.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
Javid4me:

At Chief George,

Many thanks
Javid

This is an open forum where knowledge is being shared. Open up on your issue and let experts in the house give you direction with opportunity for others to learn also.

Oga George is quite a busy person.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Javid4me:

At Chief George,

Many thanks
Javid

Javid4me,
check your mail. i have replied you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 4:03am On Jul 02, 2015
GeorgeD1:

Javid4me,
check your mail. i have replied you.
@ Chief George
Thank you Sir.

@Abunafiu & Salam12 & more
Apologies for my statement. it is not meant to deny anyone info as I have as well learnt quite a lot from this forum. I am only trying to seek some guidance from chief without my question or his response hurting some people's products.
Please understand the sensitivity.
Thank you for your insightful statements though, point taken clearly.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2015
It's not about hurting products. Many of these dealers actually field a vast array of products. The worst you'd do would be hurting one line of products. The people who would however learn from your observations and inferences (as you too undoubtedly have learnt from others) would be innumerable.

Your silence would be most damaging to novices.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Am interested in the bls or batt desulphator..
So any testimonies? ..has anybody used his nirmal deep cycle batts upto 5 or 6yrs? Cos the batts normally last 2 to 4yrs.

Would appreciate links to where u bought the exact products..amazon.ebay etc
Saw many on amazon..but want to buy tried n tested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
shithapuns:
Am interested in the bls or batt desulphator..
So any testimonies? ..has anybody used his nirmal deep cycle batts upto 5 or 6yrs? Cos the batts normally last 2 to 4yrs.

Would appreciate links to where u bought the exact products..amazon.ebay etc
Saw many on amazon..but want to buy tried n tested

I got one called battery saver off amazon, for a 24V system. It works very well for me.

Before, my batteries would fail as soon as mains supply went away, but now, they are able to hold charge and discharge in like 4-5 hours so far on a continuous 200watt load.

Would definitely recommend having one for both new and fairly used batteries.

Your battery must be recoverable though.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
No product is 100% efficient,

Sharing your experiences would assist I'm directing people to make the right decisions ,

no seller here manufactures wht he sells to the public as solar system components are no child's play.

If you visit solar forums and you see openness,

Moreso, someone else may have experienced your issue and may have solved it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Three days surviving on a backup PWM. Three days of poor insolation. One statement. In bad weather, there's no basis for comparison between PWM CC and MPPT CC.

MPPT rules!

PS: It's a Xantrex/Conext C60 PWM CC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bulbs are getting more and more efficient. Just saw a 6.5 watt led that should equate to a 40 watts incandescent bulb. Not bad at all.

They're expensive though, like NGN1,800 undecided

Guess one has to pay more upfront going the green way.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
Can't wait for more cheddar to try out that 1hp LG inverterv ac that claims to start with 0.9kva shocked shocked

That would mean I can run it with my 1.5kva sukam, before I upgrade to the 3.5 to have more appliance space.

Happy days ahead, hopefully cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
Bulbs are getting more and more efficient. Just saw a 6.5 watt led that should equate to a 40 watts incandescent bulb. Not bad at all.

They're expensive though, like NGN1,800 undecided

Guess one has to pay more upfront going the green way.

I have different ones from 3w to 10w equating to 40-150w incandescent and mine not that expensive
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
I bought a few SMD LED bulbs recently (10W, 20W and 30W). The 20W is blindingly bright. 10W is enough for many a floodlight.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
By the way, extensive reading suggests my iTracer MPPT might have a voltage switching MOSFET failure. Firmware issues too might present themselves this way. If what I read is to be believed, My MPPT CC has somehow been relegated to a PWM CC which works at factory preset values.

Time to invoke the warranty clause.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by drekings(m): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Please i need to undergo training on Solar energy ........ Can anyone give details where i can do it in Lagos Island, Victoria Island or Lekki
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Konnektions146:

I have different ones from 3w to 10w equating to 40-150w incandescent and mine not that expensive

Nice, where'd you get them from?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 8:21am On Jul 04, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
Another cool device (don't know if it's been mentioned already in one of the many pages), is a power meter to tell what power individual devices in your household draw.

I hooked my 80 watts fridge into this and was shocked at the current surge of the small fridge to over 500 watts. Obviously I knew there'd be surge current with the fridge, but I was thinking more like 300 or so grin grin

With accurate measurements of loads, proper planning and load shedding can be done to maximize battery life among other things.
HI. Where did you buy the meter. I'm interested.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 12:41am On Jul 05, 2015
tundebabzy:

HI. Where did you buy the meter. I'm interested.

I bought my power meter from amazon.co.uk. I don't regret the purchase at all, they're like 20 pounds or so.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by drekings(m): 1:02am On Jul 06, 2015
@George_D,Akanniade
Please i need to undergo training on Solar energy ........ Can anyone give details where i can do it in Lagos Island, Victoria Island or Lekki
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:36am On Jul 06, 2015
anybody has bls / batt saver for sale here in naija?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
earthrealm:
anybody has bls / batt saver for sale here in naija?

Yes,

Visit us at
www.solardepotng.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
c0ogumo:

Yes, visit us at
www.solardepotng.com

Where is your Ibadan office located?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 12:20am On Jul 07, 2015
Saipro:

Where is your Ibadan office located?

No:46 Hope Road,
Near New Airport
Alakia, Ibadan.

www.solardepotng.com
0702-300-1051
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:31am On Jul 07, 2015
c0ogumo:

No:46 Hope Road,
Near New Airport
Alakia, Ibadan.

www.solardepotng.com
0702-300-1051

will surely visit your shop one of these days though i have made so many empty promises in the past.
Eku ise sir.

@saipro, i saw ur msg. many thanks bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
abunafiu:

will surely visit your shop one of these days though i have made so many empty promises in the past.
Eku ise sir.

@saipro, i saw ur msg. many thanks bro.

Expect me next week!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Saipro:

Expect me next week!

I DEY interested too o. pick me on ur way.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dezo(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hello yall , looking for an installer that can stack outback inverters. If you are one or you know one .pls pm me. Thanx
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
SOME PEOPLE THINKS SOLAR SETUP IS CHEAP IN MY HOOD,SO THEY ASK ME `YOU WILL HELP US TO DO OURS` THEN THEY WILL ASK ME`TEMI HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? WHEN I TELL THEM,THEY JUST WONT`T TALK ABT IT AGAIN...LOL cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2015
temizeee:
SOME PEOPLE THINKS SOLAR SETUP IS CHEAP IN MY HOOD,SO THEY ASK ME `YOU WILL HELP US TO DO OURS` THEN THEY WILL ASK ME`TEMI HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? WHEN I TELL THEM,THEY JUST WONT`T TALK ABT IT AGAIN...LOL cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You must be a very rich guy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "STILL OUT OF STOCK".

USA OUTBACK mppt charge controller (FM 80)

Midnite Solar Surge arrestor "DC & AC Models" ............ @ call for price

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)...@ call for price

MUST POWER 2kw 12v, 2kw 24, 3kw 24v,3kw 48v , 6kw 24v,6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

Bluegate pure sinewave inverters (1kva 12v, 2kva 24v, 3.5kva 24v, 5.5kva 24v) .... In Stock

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pakingzzz(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2015
Hi, I have a couple dozens of 12v 100ah battery model no.; Storace SRG100-12. These batteries were the remains of a project I did for a client of mine, they are new and haven't been used. I am offering them for sale at N17,500.
Interested candidates can call me on 08122423549

Also have some dozens of Mppt charge controller with ratings; 12v/24v 10A 240w model no.; Tracer-1210RN. I am offering these for sale at N9,000 each.
Interested candidate can reach me on 08122423549 or email me on: kingsleyobinna26 @yahoo.com
Below are some pictures of the stocks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Ayomipoe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.