Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2072054 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

Congrats brother, we, the Association of Solar Enthusiasts (ASE) cheesy are solidly behind you

Well done

Thank you sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
chris81964:
I hope you all had a phenomenal week. Permit me to share a wonderful four weeks with you.
Three weeks ago we were recognized as one the top solar installers in Nigeria by Schneider Electric and invited to participate in a round table in Lagos.

I'm impressed. Keep the spark alight. More power to your elbow Chris. Putting power in Nigerian homes since 1960.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by teamman(m): 6:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
Congratulations Chris, Really inspiring. I am proud to be associated with your company and progress. Key the flag flying. Oyinbooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
chris81964:
I hope you all had a phenomenal week. Permit me to share a wonderful four weeks with you.

Three weeks ago we were recognized as one the top solar installers in Nigeria by Schneider Electric and invited to participate in a round table in Lagos.

On February 29 Smallstarter.com recognized as one of the top 11 solar companies lighting upAfrica.

Last week the US consulate in Lagos invited us and will give us an opportunity to bid on providing solar power to the ambassador's residence. The trade desk got us an introduction to the Ex Im Bank who will finance equipment purchased in the US.

This week I got invited to be a guest speaker at Yale University Law School where I will talk about my experiences doing business in Nigeria as part of their Doing Business in Africa Series. It is a week long series and I am extra privileged to be able to stand on the podium and relay my experience.

I want to Thank Chidinma Byron our able VP and Mrs. Ahunna Cook for making the speaking engagement possible.

Please attend and show them that I have people behind me.

Monday, April 25, 2016 4:30 PM-6:00 PM. (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Where: Yale Law School, 127 Wall Street, New Haven, CT 06511

This month has been a dream. The journey has gotten so much sweeter.

Next week we are doing a survey for an estate with over 200 homes on the Lekki Peninsula to provide them with solar power. They accepted our proposal and we have now moved to the survey and feasibility phase.

Please continue to pray for us. AWPS Renewable Energy has worked tirelessly to distinguish herself in our market.

GOD HAS BLESSED US. OUR HARDWORK AND SACRIFICES ARE BEGINNING TO YIELD FRUIT.

When things look most bleak is when you double down and power through the darkness.

Hurray datz some great news, it's nt easy. God will continue to mk u bigger Mr chris

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 9:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
Way to go Chris81964!
This is only the beginning, greater things ahead!!

erhm, where can i bid for shares in ya company? i can't pass up a good investment opportunity wink

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Braaad: 1:30am On Mar 15, 2016
Mr chris, thank you very much for the help you are rendering on this forum. Please, I still have some questions with regards to the PIP MSD/MST series inverters.

what is the difference between the ones with the heat sink on top and the ones without?

Why do you have to install with an additional charge controller, could it be that the inbuilt CC is not effective??

Also, where can one get it for a reasonable price here in Nigeria(eg. Gaint Power version, mpp solar etc)

Thanks in advance as your response will go a long way to help

chris81964:

The inverter is manufactured by Voltronic Power. Different people sell it under different names. Ground the PV. Ground your combiner. I would not do a positive ground of the batteries. I have instructed my people to do negative grounding. Visit the company s website. They have a manual on their page.
They are pretty OK inverters. I run separate charge controllers. The 5 Kva is more finicky.
Good luck
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by draphantom(m): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2016
Hi,

I am looking for an installer that does standard and neat installation, this is an expansion project just running new cables and installation of 4 new panels, i need to see pictures of previous installation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:18am On Mar 15, 2016
DISCOUNT ! DISCOUNT !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

TROJAN IND 17-6V industrial line flooded lead acid batteries (1202AH) ......

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *NOW IN STOCK*.....

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@89k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" at very discounted prices......... "OUT OF STOCK"

PERLIGHT SOLAR PANELS;

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N15000. 120W 21000. 130W N25000. 200W N35000. 240W N40000. 300W N46000

YACHI SOLAR PANELS;

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
130W N28000. 200W 40000. 250W N50000. 300W N60000

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @57k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...

1kw 12v
2kw 12v/24v
3kw"4kva" 24v= 140k
4kw"5kva" 48v =175k

EP SOLAR MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER 12/24/48V AUTO SELECT ;
60a @ 135k
45a @ 100k
30a @ 55k
30a @ 40k (PWM)

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @5k

Infinitum battery desulphators 12v & 24v "NOW IN STOCK"

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 55k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 55k

GP Malaysian deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 65k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ N1000 per yard

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
draphantom:
Hi,

I am looking for an installer that does standard and neat installation, this is an expansion project just running new cables and installation of 4 new panels, i need to see pictures of previous installation.

Mail Info@monzpowersolutions.com or whatsapp 08184171193
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
Braaad:
Mr chris, thank you very much for the help you are rendering on this forum. Please, I still have some questions with regards to the PIP MSD/MST series inverters.

what is the difference between the ones with the heat sink on top and the ones without?

Why do you have to install with an additional charge controller, could it be that the inbuilt CC is not effective??

Also, where can one get it for a reasonable price here in Nigeria(eg. Gaint Power version, mpp solar etc)

Thanks in advance as your response will go a long way to help

I learn something new every day. The heat sinks seem to be market specific. It seems that they have them in Australia as well. I never paid attention prior to today. They have series and the differences are some have PWM or MPPT controllers. Others have bigger AC chargers while some have multiple MPPT controllers.
Controllers and chargers are heat sources. And for an array that is bigger than 2 kw I use external controllers to manage heat better. The heat sink on top of the inverter can help alleviate that concern.

I am not a pricing guy so sorry I can't help you there.
Good luck in your hunt.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
how things change, kie kie, this was ur advert about 14months ago.... grin

HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000watts 24v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 100k

MUST POWER 6000watts 48v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 160k

SAFE POWER 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave indian inverter .... @20k "company used with warranty seal"

BLUEGATE 1kva 12v pure sinewave power inverter.....@25k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 30k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... @ 52k

3. mecury deep cycle agm batteries 12v 200a "Korea"..... @ 45k

MERCURY & BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 90k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
earthrealm:
how things change, kie kie, this was ur advert about 14months ago.... grin

Na so we see am oooo my broda ! God dey
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:42am On Mar 17, 2016
*****AVOID ERNEST NGWU*******
This guy claims to repair inverters. We took 4 Inverters to him for repairs. He claims that the board and Mosfetts were blown. On the 5 kw units he claimed that the charging port was bad and the other had issues that he could not explain.
He denied repairing the 5 kw units that we never gave him 5 kw units. I have them and one of the readers here took it back to the client with me.
The defective charger port still does not charge the batteries.
The other inverter that we took back to a client last night the ATF function does not work, the charger light comes on but it does not charge the batteries. The fans in the inverter don't work. The most glaring was that the display on one of the inverters was no working and he did not notice it. So far two out 3 are bad. We made him return the 4 th.
HE IS A FRAUD, A LIAR, A CHEAT.

Please avoid Ernest Ngwu at all cost. He is a quack and has no clue what he is doing. We avoided repairing inverters in the past and our first attempt has ended in failure.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 10:14am On Mar 17, 2016
chris81964:
This guy claims to repair inverters. We took 4 Inverters to him for repairs. He claims that the board and Mosfetts were blown. On the 5 kw units he claimed that the charging port was bad and the other had issues that he could not explain.
He denied repairing the 5 kw units that we never gave him 5 kw units. I have them and one of the readers here took it back to the client with me.
The other inverter that we took back to a client last night the ATF function does not work, the charger light comes on but it does not charge the batteries. The fans in the inverter don't work. The most glaring was that the display on one of the inverters was no working and he did not notice it. So far two out 3 are bad. We made him return the 4 th.

Please avoid Ernest Ngwu at all cost. He is a quack and has no clue what he is doing. We avoided repairing inverters in the past and our first attempt has ended in failure.

It is so easy for people to come to this thread and air their judgment of others without telling us of what transpired between them before then. The don't even give a chance for the accused to defend himself. I may not be surprised to hear a different story from the guy in question. And i may also not be surprised to hear someone else somewhere refer to the said guy as a sent and a saviour. I personally have had dealings with a greater percentage of people on this thread even the ones that don't post but read only. The chris81964 I know here is not a sent. He also has his own skeletons. That so many things are kept from this thread is just out of maturity and for the decency of this thread.

Let he that has no sin be the first to throw the stone.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Optimixim(m): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
chris81964:

Richmond74 I respect your take on this issue. chris8196[b]
chris81964:

Richmond74 I respect your take on this issue. chris8196[/b]
chris81964:

Richmond74 I respect your take on this issue. chris8196 making it a public thing is not the best. I have few questions for you. As an installer, when you get to an office where inverters are being repaired, you will definitely know. I don't blame any on this issue. There is this you need understand on the issue of installation and repair. Too many persons rush into installation without understanding what and what are obtainable inside a rugged inverter. At least if you know what are found there and their functions, you can comfortably know who is real of fake. I will make a serious disclosure here . The recent inverters do have a particular problem either inverting problem or charging problem. In some cases unable to start ON. The cause is this : in recent technology of inverter, we use H-bridge inverter system than is powered from the mosfet drives. The oscillators are programmable in that they use micro controllers like the ATMEGA, PIC or DSPIC. All this are mostly programmed with C# language. You can copy the program out if you understand what I mean. The mosfet does 3 works(as-switch,amplifier and chargers) the chargers are smart that's why they can charge on three stages (bulk,absorption and float). So when the mosfet allows a current which is above its rated current , it will fry despite all odds . There are virtually so many microchips inside the inverter that does different jobs like powering the lcd, sensing the voltage, overload, and short. There is another circuit known as the feed back. When the feed back is down, sir the inverter will always drop in voltage when there is increase in load. Very bad. The rectifiers are the bridge diodes and the voltage regulator IC's ( the 78** series) . So sir you need to understand why some inverters are transformerless yet the same power with the bulky transformer sinewave inverters.

I rest my case
Good afternoon house
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello,
We are looking to interview operators in Solar space in Nigeria who have worked with small /medium scale systems ( 5KWp to 50 KWp) particularity for small business/ corportaions or residential estates .
if interested pls. pm me with email and phone no. so we can interact further and I can better explain the objective and benefits

the primary aim of the study financed by world bank is " to assess the market conditions and demand of EE/small RE financing in general and off-grid solar technology financing in particular among Nigerian corporates and SMEs. It aims to provide local banks with better understanding of what business opportunities are emerging now and in the next three years, and what they can do to tap into this business niche"

wbr

Anil
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
richmon74:

It is so easy for people to come to this thread and air their judgment of others without telling us of what transpired between them before then
...... ...... .....
That so many things are kept from this thread is just out of maturity and for the decency of this thread.

You are so right
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
kiekie1:

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *NOW IN STOCK*.....

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@89k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" at very discounted prices......... "OUT OF STOCK"

PERLIGHT SOLAR PANELS;

POLY SOLAR PANEL:

YACHI SOLAR PANELS;

MONO SOLAR PANEL:

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...

1kw 12v
2kw 12v/24v
3kw"4kva" 24v= 140k
4kw"5kva" 48v =175k

60a @ 135k
30a @ 100k
30a @ 40k (PWM with display)

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ N1000 per yard

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

EP SOLAR MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLERS NOW IN STOCK .... Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2016
richmon74:

It is so easy for people to come to this thread and air their judgment of others without telling us of what transpired between them before then. The don't even give a chance for the accused to defend himself. I may not be surprised to hear a different story from the guy in question. And i may also not be surprised to hear someone else somewhere refer to the said guy as a sent and a saviour. I personally have had dealings with a greater percentage of people on this thread even the ones that don't post but read only. The chris81964 I know here is not a sent. He also has his own skeletons. That so many things are kept from this thread is just out of maturity and for the decency of this thread.

Let he that has no sin be the first to throw the stone.

We are all entitled to our opinions informed or uninformed. I have put the information out there. You decide how you want to use it. Caveat emptor.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
Many thanks to these awesome guys.
Their individual support assisted me in many wayways towards achieving the desired result.
My oga richmond74 for his behind the scenes tips.

Coogumo for his discounts despite the exchange rate wahala on 16 units of US BATTS and 60 units of 150w panles.

One and Only sharp marketer for prompt delivery of 3 units of outback FM80 even though he later withdrew his discount. ..I really owe you guys my deepest appreciation.
My juo and babs KP as well as chris81964 for being a positive inspiration.

Kindly visit https://m.facebook.com/apexsolarnigeria/ for more pictures. I also count on your likes too.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
abunafiu:
Their individual support assisted me in many wayways towards achieving the desired result.

Coogumo for his discounts despite the exchange rate wahala on 16 units of US BATTS and 60 units of 150w panles.

One and Only sharp marketer for prompt delivery of 3 units of outback FM80 even though he later withdrew his discount. ..I really owe you guys my deepest appreciation.

Kindly visit https://m.facebook.com/apexsolarnigeria/ for more pictures. I also count on your likes too.

Well done bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
good evening house. pls from experience between varta 260ah and zenith battery of same which one will u pick? pls where to get them and phone no. nagode
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
abunafiu:

more grease to your elbow Bros
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
@abunafiu. well done bros
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2016
abunafiu:

My oga, kudos to you. You got my +1

To house, does anyone have experience with Arnergy inverters? I like the idea of an inverter and CC in one unit but is it any good?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mrmachine: 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
Kiekie, thanks for your prompt response and delivery. I will call you as soon as I receive the inverter.

Thanks

kiekie1:

PERLIGHT SOLAR PANELS;

POLY SOLAR PANEL:

YACHI SOLAR PANELS;

MONO SOLAR PANEL:

1kw 12v
2kw 12v/24v
3kw"4kva" 24v= 140k
4kw"5kva" 48v =175k

60a @ 135k
45a @ 100k
30a @ 55k
30a @ 40k (PWM)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
abunafiu:
Many thanks to these awesome guys ...

Nice one, as always. Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fogechi: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
I ve 12v 5w dc bulbs about 30 in number. How many solar panels do i need to charge 2 batteries of 100amp each to power the bulbs for at least 5hrs daily
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
mrmachine:
Kiekie, thanks for your prompt response and delivery. I will call you as soon as I receive the inverter.

Thanks

God bless you Sir !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by donmajor2: 6:50am On Mar 27, 2016
This is to wish every member of this great forum a very Green Easter weekend!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:35am On Mar 27, 2016
Easter is a promise God renews to us in each spring. May the promise of Easter fill your heart with peace and joy! Happy Easter to my numerous customers !

Basically, online transactions involves lots of courage & trust .. Marketing varies as you try to please so many and yet can't please all cos of individual differences "sanguine, melancholic,phlegmatic,laggards" ! Recently I received a call from one of my numerous online client complaining of a brand new timer switch he purchased few months ago, I sincerely replied him that I ordered a few of that and warranty issues ain't that simple with all those products cos I have had similar issues with an EP SOLAR mppt controller with my nairaland client"Saipro" here who can bear me witness but was finally resolved amicably & we are still best of friends .. I explained to him repeatedly that i ordered few quantity online from China and I really dnt know what he wants me to do.. He sprung up that he will come POST RIDICULOUS words on nairaland for a timer switch(4k few months ago) he got from me brand new after he insisted he wants to personally come pick up at my Ikeja outlet address which I referred him to few months ago .. I really want to make a point here , there is no point coming online to tarnish ones image for nothing . A reliable online salesman goes about his daily transactions without meeting so many of his clients incase some people dnt know .we have so many silent reader and viewers online incase most nairalander dnt know and i must tell you categorically that I have transacted with most of them . Few might insist for guarantors or referee because of dubious past business experiences which I always give out because I am always on the move for deliveries , most clients knows me for that here.. If you insist you want to pick up in one of my Lagos outlets ,, I always refer them to my Ikeja addresses freely which might be my brothers/uncle shop pending on convenience ... Please let's all encourage one another & may God almighty bless us all as we do so , Amen !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fogechi: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
fogechi:
I ve 12v 5w dc bulbs about 30 in number. How many solar panels do i need to charge 2 batteries of 100amp each to power the bulbs for at least 5hrs daily

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.