Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2069271 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Im2Busy2Bother: 7:23am On Mar 28, 2016
fogechi:
I ve 12v 5w dc bulbs about 30 in number. How many solar panels do i need to charge 2 batteries of 100amp each to power the bulbs for at least 5hrs daily

Check here to give you an idea

http://www.mercurydirect.com.ng/solar/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mokrak(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
I have an issue with my mercury 3kva inverter.I usually have nepa light for 12hrs, even though the batteries are fully charged and the indicator show that.the fan of the inverter keeps on humming.is this normal or it was wrongly installed.
Also for my fellow mercury battery users which is better the mercury elite tubular or the mercury deep cell.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
kiekie1:
DISCOUNT ! DISCOUNT !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

TROJAN IND 17-6V industrial line flooded lead acid batteries (1202AH) ......

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *NOW IN STOCK*.....

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@89k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" at very discounted prices......... "OUT OF STOCK"

PERLIGHT SOLAR PANELS;

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N15000. 120W 21000. 130W N25000. 200W N35000. 240W N40000. 300W N46000

YACHI SOLAR PANELS;

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
130W N28000. 200W 40000. 250W N50000. 300W N60000

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @57k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...

1kw 12v
2kw 12v/24v
3kw"4kva" 24v= 140k
4kw"5kva" 48v =175k

EP SOLAR MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER 12/24/48V AUTO SELECT ;
60a @ 135k
45a @ 100k
30a @ 55k
30a @ 40k (PWM)

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @5k

Infinitum battery desulphators 12v & 24v "NOW IN STOCK"

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 55k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 55k

GP Malaysian deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 65k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ N1000 per yard

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

JOY SOLAR PANELS NOW IN STOCK !

POLY:80w#16000. 100w#20000. 120w#21000. 130w#25000. 180w#31000. 200w#35000. 250w#40000.
MONO: 100w#23000. 110w#24000. 120w#25000. 130w#26000. 180w#35000. 200w#40000

phocos controller :10a #10000 20a #15000 45a #65000 80a #90000

Battery:100ah #29000 200ah #57000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by iukpe: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
mokrak:
I have an issue with my mercury 3kva inverter.I usually have nepa light for 12hrs, even though the batteries are fully charged and the indicator show that.the fan of the inverter keeps on humming.is this normal or it was wrongly installed.
Also for my fellow mercury battery users which is better the mercury elite tubular or the mercury deep cell.

The fan is for cooling the inverter electronics. The electronics include the inverter circuit and the charging circuit. When mains power is ON, the unit is charging the battery and the fan would simply be cooling the built in charger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mrmachine: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2016
Kiekie, you are so wonderful. I am really enjoying my inverter. At a short notice you were able to supply the inverter same day . That amazes me.

I am planningto get the tubular battery you advertised but can I combine it with sealed ones that I have at the moment? Does that mean I will discard them?

iukpe:

The fan is for cooling the inverter electronics. The electronics include the inverter circuit and the charging circuit. When mains power is ON, the unit is charging the battery and the fan would simply be cooling the built in charger.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
mrmachine:
Kiekie, you are so wonderful. I am really enjoying my inverter. At a short notice you were able to supply the inverter same day . That amazes me.

I am planningto get the tubular battery you advertised but can I combine it with sealed ones that I have at the moment? Does that mean I will discard them?

Thanks for the commendation Sir.. Pls its not proper to mix up flooded batteries with sealed lead acid , or mix up old batteries with new ones.... Kindly call me on more info/enquiry ! Remain blessed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kogistar: 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
can 300w solar + 2kva inverter, power 4 tv & 4 decoders? can it power fridge?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 4:53am On Apr 03, 2016
kogistar:
can 300w solar + 2kva inverter, power 4 tv & 4 decoders? can it power fridge?
What matters is your battery, is it having enough capacity to run your stated load at your estimated time ? 300watt sp will always work even less than that d problem is that it will probably take days to replenish the battery energy back with those appliances......
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2016
Hello epsolar users in the house.
I hv 60amp epsolar mppt CC....noticed it never enter bulk charging state.....even when the batt was flat...it will still write boosting once sunlight comes.....i dont think this is normal....
Hv checked the settings and cant see where to tweak it.
Manual says bulk to boost to float....
Can some 1 throw more light on this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sosqui: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] Thanks Sir Frankie for the speedy delivery of the 4 yachi solar panels, power star inverter, infinitum desulfator and the GP 100AH batteries. The inverter is working very well and charges very fast. We will do more biz together.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kogistar: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2016
temizeee:
What matters is your battery, is it having enough capacity to run your stated load at your estimated time ? 300watt sp will always work even less than that d problem is that it will probably take days to replenish the battery energy back with those appliances......
no, i mean solar + inverter, i don't plan to buy battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2016
kogistar:
no, i mean solar + inverter, i don't plan to buy battery
if you have been following the thread from page 1,you know you probably can't do without battery in yr setup. Battery serves as a buffer between your inverter and solar panels....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kogistar: 11:21am On Apr 03, 2016
temizeee:
if you have been following the thread from page 1,you know you probably can't do without battery in yr setup. Battery serves as a buffer between your inverter and solar panels....
what will happen, if i use solar + inverter ? because no money to buy battery, i want to use it in the afternoon
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2016
kogistar:
what will happen, if i use solar + inverter ? because no money to buy battery, i want to use it in the afternoon

In real sense, nothing would happen

...and that's cos u don't have any setup

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2016
kogistar:
it won't work that way and I pray you don't destroy the inverter internal circuitry cuz sp voltage is always higher than battery voltage... Buy battery and enjoy your setup.......

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sosqui:
[color=#000099][/color] Thanks Sir Frankie for the speedy delivery of the 4 yachi solar panels, power star inverter, infinitum desulfator and the GP 100AH batteries. The inverter is working very well and charges very fast. We will do more biz together.
Thanks

Thanks for the patronage Sir . I humbly await more business deals from you !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
JUO:
Hello friends.
I hereby introduce this piece of a gadget to you.
I have been testing this small but mighty machine for over 3 weeks now.
The results turns out to be impressive.
I have a few number of them for sale to anyone interested.

It is 30 and 40amps mppt controller with additional features of equalization of flooded batteries every 28 days and inbuilt display .

New Epsolar Epever Tracer A series available. For small setup 12-24v. . Max pv input voltage 100v. 30a only 25k for the first buyer
Features:
• Advanced MPPT technology
• High tracking efficiency no less than 99.5%
• Peak conversion efficiency of 98%
• Ultra-fast tracking speed
• Accurately recognizing and tracking of multiple power point
• Multi-function LCD displays system information intuitively
• User programmable for battery types, load control etc.
• 3-Stage charge with PWM output
• Common positive grounding design
• RS485 port with industrial standard MODBUS open architecture
• Fully programmable function via PC software or remote meter

Electronic protections:
• PV reverse polarity protection
• PV short circuit protection
• PV over current alarm protection
• Battery overcharge protection
• Battery over discharge protection
• Battery reverse polarity protection
• Load short circuit protection
• Load overload protection
• Overheating protection

N.B Remote not included
o8o-987-33709
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:28am On Apr 05, 2016
shithapuns:
I hv 60amp epsolar mppt CC....noticed it never enter bulk charging state.....even when the batt was flat...it will still write boosting once sunlight comes.....i dont think this is normal....

"Boosting" is what is displays for both BULK and ABSORB phases of charging.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gwng: 11:07am On Apr 05, 2016
hello,

I need a quote for an inverter/solar system that will be able to power:

1. A single air Conditioner (1hp), Refrigerator (#800W), General House Lighting/Power needs.
2. Two air Conditioner (2hp), Refrigerator (#800W), General House Lighting/Power needs.

Kindly send quote (including installation fee) to gadgetworldng@gmail.com.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:09am On Apr 06, 2016
shithapuns:
cos your panels are not enough to charge the battery to float
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2016
Hello guys, thank God I stumbled on this tread today... pla I need advice and and suggestions. ... I have a 1.4kva inverter and 2 200A/12v batteries. the thing is even after being fully charged, it doesnt take more than 2hrs for it to start shouting (lol). actually I've had this for like a year+, so I know its time to change the batteries. but then I thought of adding a solar panel to the system. I got a quotation of 320,000naira from someone bt I think its on the high side. pls guys hw much do u think I need to replace d batteries and add a solar unit to it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
foonshur:
Hello guys, thank God I stumbled on this tread today... pla I need advice and and suggestions. ... I have a 1.4kva inverter and 2 200A/12v batteries. the thing is even after being fully charged, it doesnt take more than 2hrs for it to start shouting (lol). actually I've had this for like a year+, so I know its time to change the batteries. but then I thought of adding a solar panel to the system. I got a quotation of 320,000naira from someone bt I think its on the high side. pls guys hw much do u think I need to replace d batteries and add a solar unit to it.

whats the total load on the system in watts?.........its either the batts werent good/new to begin with or ur load was too much, thus the batt was running down everyday.

320k might b a fair deal for a complete solar assembly, with charge controller and other accesories..if the opanel wattage is at least 1kw..monopanels n 45amp mpppt charge controller....................
begin first by stating ur avg load in watts....and how many hours u hv the loads on
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
No light, no fuel, there ll always be sun. Contact us for your solar setup today, call 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com for more details

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NanaF: 7:52am On Apr 08, 2016
richmon74:

Well you need to check up with jumia again. I bet you they can't sell it for 130 because they don't even buy it for that price. The colours doesn't make any difference as I told you before. We are the cheapest reseller of PRAG product. We're the only one that can give you PRAG 4kVA 24V/48V H for 136k. The inverter comes with Standard Battery Cable and AC IN/OUT wires so you don't have to bother yourself with the cable sizings.

If you are interested contact us it and for any other PRAG products you see on www.buyright.com.
We also offer professional advice on product selections and installation as additional benefits.

PBASE Solar
Call/Whatzapp: 08023033135
email: contact@pbasesolar.com
FB Page: PBASE Solar
www.pbasesolar.com

How much is 4kva Prag Inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
NanaF:

Prag 4kva 48v is available .. Must power star light inverter 4kva 24v @ 140k is also available
........ Call now for mouth watering prices ! Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
When choosing the most appropriate solar PV panel for your project, consumers are faced with many choices on the quality and cost spectrum. In many markets, not just solar, consumers seek the best-possible combination of high-quality at a competitive price… but in doing so, they might overlook their technology options. In solar, it’s important to consider the performance advantages between monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels.

Simply defined, the material difference between polycrystalline and monocrystalline rests in the composition of the silicon substrate used to make solar cells, and in turn solar panels. As the name implies, monocrystalline means “a single crystal,” while polycrystalline means “many crystals.” Large crystal sizes lead to more efficient solar cells, which is why monocrystalline cells are typically 10% to 15% more efficient than their polycrystalline counterparts.

But there’s a catch: because of the silicon casting and wafering process, it costs about 20% more to create solar cells with monocrystalline structures. You could think of monocrystalline like single origin coffee, cultivated from one particular bean varietal, which requires more care and preparation than a blended product. Polycrystalline and multicrystalline silicon panels comprise the vast majority of PV panels sold in the global market.

So, which is better? In fact, the “debate” over whether to choose mutlicrystalline or monocryatlline solar panels is not really a debate at all, but rather a question of the specific goals for a solar project. The answer depends on the location and design parameters of your project, and other factors including local labour costs and utility rate structures.

Generally speaking, polycrystalline panels are ideal for installations with near-unlimited roof or ground space, and regions with lower “soft costs,” including project installation and permitting. They also make sense for owners looking to minimize upfront installation costs. On the other hand, monocrystalline panels are ideal for smaller roof tops or space-constrained properties, as monocrystalline technology produces higher efficiency cells so you get more power onto the same surface area. Monocrystalline panels also feature a lower temperature coefficient, which means that as the panels get hotter they will typically outperform their polycrystalline counterparts.

There are key differences to consider when weighing the benefits of polycrystalline and monocrystalline panels, but the key point to remember is that there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Solar buyers should be informed of all the technological options and make a choice best suited to a project’s specific energy needs.

That’s why we provide our customers with the option to choose either monocrystalline or multicrystalline panels. As a global leader in solar PV manufacturing and the world’s first fully vertically integrated module manufacturer, Yachi , Joy & Perlight takes pride in providing the highest-value products, and in being able to demonstrate the comparative benefits behind our various solar panel options. In addition, our solar panels are backed by third-party warranties, providing you an additional layer of assurance that your solar investment will be secure for years to come.

MORE ON SOLAR PANELS FROM SMARTCELL GLOBAL SERVICES !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cooldipo(m): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2016
kiekie1:
Easter is a promise God renews to us in each spring. May the promise of Easter fill your heart with peace and joy! Happy Easter to my numerous customers !

Basically, online transactions involves lots of courage & trust .. Marketing varies as you try to please so many and yet can't please all cos of individual differences "sanguine, melancholic,phlegmatic,laggards" ! Recently I received a call from one of my numerous online client complaining of a brand new timer switch he purchased few months ago, I sincerely replied him that I ordered a few of that and warranty issues ain't that simple with all those products cos I have had similar issues with an EP SOLAR mppt controller with my nairaland client"Saipro" here who can bear me witness but was finally resolved amicably & we are still best of friends .. I explained to him repeatedly that i ordered few quantity online from China and I really dnt know what he wants me to do.. He sprung up that he will come POST RIDICULOUS words on nairaland for a timer switch(4k few months ago) he got from me brand new after he insisted he wants to personally come pick up at my Ikeja outlet address which I referred him to few months ago .. I really want to make a point here , there is no point coming online to tarnish ones image for nothing . A reliable online salesman goes about his daily transactions without meeting so many of his clients incase some people dnt know .we have so many silent reader and viewers online incase most nairalander dnt know and i must tell you categorically that I have transacted with most of them . Few might insist for guarantors or referee because of dubious past business experiences which I always give out because I am always on the move for deliveries , most clients knows me for that here.. If you insist you want to pick up in one of my Lagos outlets ,, I always refer them to my Ikeja addresses freely which might be my brothers/uncle shop pending on convenience ... Please let's all encourage one another & may God almighty bless us all as we do so , Amen !

Frankie, I can relate with the guy's frustration......I remembered about 2 years ago when I paid you online for 2kw power starlight inverter which you sent over to me in Akure. when I set it up and realized it was not charging the battery at all, i called and you ask me to return it for another and you gave me your uncle/bro's Ikeja shop address. I got there and ask after you but their response even left me more confused.....cos you go by another name there and hasn't left any info of anybody coming around or something like that......I journeyed from Akure and had to put the inverter on my laps on the bus and had to carry it on my head while asking around for your bro shop address. The most annoying part was you were always sounding bossy all the time while I tried to converse with you on the phone and after waiting for you for a while, you asked me to drop the inverter at the shop and also with the instruction that I should drop 5k which you claimed is for your transport to the warehouse or I shouldn't bother to drop it at all and all this happened just three days of purchase .....with guarantee fully in place like you promised......my choice were limited so I parted with the money with so much discomfort to the rest of my finance for the rest of the month. You might have forgotten but that experience still leave a bitter feeling each time I replayed it. I feel cheated, disrespected and arm twisted till date.

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cooldipo(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2016
richmon74:

I'll prefer to rate the Inverter and not the company.

on a scale of 0 to 10 I'll rate them 6.

My ratings is based on performance according to specifications, price, durability. It's a little pricy compared to their other China ones.

I installed 2 of them about 3 years ago with the same battery. One of them have gone for repairs repeatedly and at the end they eventually changed it but the other one hasn't had any issue since installation.

hello bro......pls I have a 2000watt of the same brand though it does not come with a lcd screen.....i have had it for over 2 years now. presently it does not charge the battery until I press the power button to put on the unit and will continue charging even if I put it off immediately by put the power knob in the middle. The challenge is if i'm away from home and I put it off to save stored charge and power happened to be restored.....it won't charge. Pls how can I fix this problem?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
NanaF:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
cooldipo:

Frankie, I can relate with the guy's frustration......I remembered about 2 years ago when I paid you online for 2kw power starlight inverter which you sent over to me in Akure. when I set it up and realized it was not charging the battery at all, i called and you ask me to return it for another and you gave me your uncle/bro's Ikeja shop address. I got there and ask after you but their response even left me more confused.....cos you go by another name there and hasn't left any info of anybody coming around or something like that......I journeyed from Akure and had to put the inverter on my laps on the bus and had to carry it on my head while asking around for your bro shop address. The most annoying part was you were always sounding bossy all the time while I tried to converse with you on the phone and after waiting for you for a while, you asked me to drop the inverter at the shop and also with the instruction that I should drop 5k which you claimed is for your transport to the warehouse or I shouldn't bother to drop it at all and all this happened just three days of purchase .....with guarantee fully in place like you promised......my choice were limited so I parted with the money with so much discomfort to the rest of my finance for the rest of the month. You might have forgotten but that experience still leave a bitter feeling each time I replayed it. I feel cheated, disrespected and arm twisted till date.

Thanks for sharing, we need stories like this to bring balance and force people to give due diligence to warranty cases. Yes I do understand how difficult it is for the supplier many of whom don't get covered by the OEM yet it is part of the risk of doing business. You can't sell a product with warranty and treat the customer like shit when he tries to claim. This is one area Nigeria businesses needs to improve on.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eesaah(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hi bigrovar

I have been trying to buy the Sukam falcon plus 1050VA inverter here in Kano but it unavailable. Pls can you kindly direct me to where you bought yours from. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cooldipo(m): 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
cooldipo:

hello bro......pls I have a 2000watt of the same brand though it does not come with a lcd screen.....i have had it for over 2 years now. presently it does not charge the battery until I press the power button to put on the unit and will continue charging even if I put it off immediately by put the power knob in the middle. The challenge is if i'm away from home and I put it off to save stored charge and power happened to be restored.....it won't charge. Pls how can I fix this problem?

still waiting for a response @ all

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Decentlyproud(m), xtremeidea(m), Ferdiwar, Gshems, Abiono28, ojeysky(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.