Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050915 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 6:38pm On May 05, 2023
contease:
In trying to understand what 50% DoD for a 24v norminal system in Volts... Eg, from 29v to 20v, 21v,22v,23v or 24v use? considering that at rest, a Lead Acid battery would always drop to 26.xV without trickle charge (Float),

I got this unsatisfactory info:

"Open sidebar
24V Battery Depth Discharge.

User
what is 50% DoD for a 24v norminal system in Volts... Eg, from 29v to 20v, 21v, 22v, 23v or 24v use? considering that an rest, a Lead Acid battery would always drop to 26.xV without trickle charge (Float)

ChatGPT
If the nominal voltage of a 24V system is assumed to be 24V, then a 50% depth of discharge (DoD) would mean that the battery has discharged half of its capacity, which would equate to approximately 12V.

However, it's important to note that the voltage range you provided (from 29V to 20V) is a bit wider than what would typically be expected for a 24V battery system. Additionally, the resting voltage you mentioned (26.xV) would likely only be applicable after the battery has been fully charged and then allowed to rest for some time without any load or charging.

In general, the voltage of a lead-acid battery will vary depending on a variety of factors such as temperature, charge level, and load, so it's difficult to give a specific voltage range for a 50% DoD without additional information about the specific battery being used and the conditions under which it is being operated.

Send a message.

Free Research Preview. ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts. ChatGPT May 3 Version"

Can we have more indept info better than the above please from any member in the house...

The scenerio above is considering an off grid instance where at 5pm, the sun is completely out and loads depend on the backup till next morning

With the small knowledge I have, once your batteries hit 24V, that's 50% DOD.

Without load and solar/PHCN, my fully charged batteries sit at around 25.1V to 25.3V.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by geloorrrrdd(m): 10:35pm On May 05, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 3:51am On May 06, 2023
Guys abeg, I need your help and clear advise - preferably from those in the know.

I urgently need to set up 10Kva solar system and I need your advice abeg.

My needs are simple: power 2 inverter AC at least for 24 hours. Lights and TV, occasional water pump use.

I have narrowed things down to using LiFePo4 batteries due to have a longer use life, but picking a reputable brand seem to be a minefield. I'm leaning towards Felicity but I am not even sure anymore due to all I have read about them etc. Please advice.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:05am On May 06, 2023
ElRazur:
Guys abeg, I need your help and clear advise - preferably from those in the know.

My needs are simple: power 2 inverter AC at least for 24 hours. Lights and TV, occasional water pump use.

I have narrowed things down to using LiFePo4 batteries due to have a longer use life, but picking a reputable brand seem to be a minefield. I'm leaning towards Felicity but I am not even sure anymore due to all I have read about them etc. Please advice.
Try SRNE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2023
ElRazur:

Contact valto for battery

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:47pm On May 06, 2023
ElRazur:

You can get an 8kw hybrid inverter or simply get 2 unit of 5kva 100a inverter that is parallel compatible and parallel them to get 10kva 200a mppt.

You can contact me for your hybrid inverters.

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2023
ojeysky:

Sonoff still available for sale 8500 per unit

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2023
If you have a 24v hybrid with low VOC mppt for sale do quote me with price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2023
There are always choice to make when it comes to setup like this

for inverter there is a choice to go for all in one system AKA Hybrid DEYE, GROWATT, AXPERT, SRNE or a normal separate inverter VICTRON, ANY OTHER INVERTER with torodial transformers and match it up with other necessary accessories

your estimated energy is in the range of 53KWh and above with matching panels that can pump that battery up daily in good sunlight.
ElRazur:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2023
I want to personally say thank you to members of this forum for always trusting us at Rendezvous Solar for their project installation.

There is always a different story for everyone and working to your standard has always been what keeps us going, knowing that we meet your satisfaction.

A recent project delivered all the way south Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2023
Pls can i add a 12v 100ah or 12v 200ah lithium battery to my already installed 12v 220ah flooded luminous battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Pls can i add a 12v 100ah or 12v 200ah lithium battery to my already installed 12v 220ah flooded luminous battery?
not advisable as their charge profile is different

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:52pm On May 07, 2023
Oga o!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 1:25pm On May 07, 2023
olopan:
I want to personally say thank you to members of this forum for always trusting us at Rendezvous Solar for their project installation.

There is always a different story for everyone and working to your standard has always been what keeps us going, knowing that we meet your satisfaction.

A recent project delivered all the way south Nigeria.

Neat job.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damianking1(m): 4:03pm On May 07, 2023
I have a 3pcs 306watts solar panel
I have a 12pcs solar batteries of 12V 100Ah
A 2.5KVA inverter
A Charger Controller of 20A.
Please what can this batteries carry and how long can it be used.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 4:17pm On May 07, 2023
Wat kind of panels, are they new?
Wat kind of battery, are they new?
Wat kind of inverter
Ur charge controller amps is too small, b it pwm or mppt, so u don't av a charge controller.
damianking1:
I have a 3pcs 306watts solar panel
I have a 12pcs solar batteries of 12V 100Ah
A 2.5KVA inverter
A Charger Controller of 20A.
Please what can this batteries carry and how long can it be used.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gr8teejay: 7:03pm On May 07, 2023
Good evening all. What are your opinions on these types of inverters?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:17pm On May 07, 2023
Gr8teejay:
Good evening all. What are your opinions on these types of inverters?

Msw
Bad for:
Smart tv
Fluorescent bulbs
Freezer/fridge
Fans
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gr8teejay: 7:30pm On May 07, 2023
Do you mean I shouldn't use them on these devices you mentioned? Because I use them for my 10watt bulbs, charger, rechargeable fan, and TV. Is it safe?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 9:30pm On May 07, 2023
Hello guys. What's your thoughts on the use of voltage equalisers on batteries connected in series?

I am considering buying one to use with my setup.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:24pm On May 07, 2023
ElRazur:

I strongly believe you've already done your energy consumption calculation to arrive at 10kva inverter. I'm sure your plan has exceeded two units of 1hp otherwise 5kva inverter would've taken care of it but for the sake of people like us who may have an intention of powering our ACs with solar too, I'll like to know the two AC horse power you intend to power with 10kva inverter sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 1:09am On May 08, 2023
isangjohnson:

I strongly believe you've already done your energy consumption calculation to arrive at 10kva inverter. I'm sure your plan has exceeded two units of 1hp otherwise 5kva inverter would've taken care of it but for the sake of people like us who may have an intention of powering our ACs with solar too, I'll like to know the two AC horse power you intend to power with 10kva inverter sir.

Oga thanks for the reply.

This area isn't my strong point but the 10kva calculation is to cover for additional needs. E.g Supplemental flood lights (I find that solar powered one lacks the intensity of brightness as Electrical powered ones of same wattage)

There are then the occasional use of washing machine, water pumps, iron and other miscellaneous. I am open to your views if you feel a smaller Kva is better.

Just a quick recap, 6 ACs in the house but only 2 will be in use at most point in time. The ACs are all 1kva inverter types. Fridge/freezer will be on 24/7, flood lights (400watts or so x 6 points will be on from evening)

I look forward to your analysis.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 1:16am On May 08, 2023
olopan:
There are always choice to make when it comes to setup like this

for inverter there is a choice to go for all in one system AKA Hybrid DEYE, GROWATT, AXPERT, SRNE or a normal separate inverter VICTRON, ANY OTHER INVERTER with torodial transformers and match it up with other necessary accessories

your estimated energy is in the range of 53KWh and above with matching panels that can pump that battery up daily in good sunlight.

Thank you. I added a few of those names to my list and I have been actively looking and reading around small small.

You estimated 53Kwh, abeg how much is that in Kva?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:50am On May 08, 2023
Gr8teejay:
Do you mean I shouldn't use them on these devices you mentioned? Because I use them for my 10watt bulbs, charger, rechargeable fan, and TV. Is it safe?
Safe!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:18am On May 08, 2023
ElRazur:

Oga thanks for the reply.

This area isn't my strong point but the 10kva calculation is to cover for additional needs. E.g Supplemental flood lights (I find that solar powered one lacks the intensity of brightness as Electrical powered ones of same wattage)

There are then the occasional use of washing machine, water pumps, iron and other miscellaneous. I am open to your views if you feel a smaller Kva is better.

Just a quick recap, 6 ACs in the house but only 2 will be in use at most point in time. The ACs are all 1kva inverter types. Fridge/freezer will be on 24/7, flood lights (400watts or so x 6 points will be on from evening)

I look forward to your analysis.
Well, energy independent is all about personally satisfaction. If you have the fund and you're not on budget go for it but if you're on budget, go for 5kva inverter and 15kwh lifepo4 battery with sufficient pv and reduce the running time of the AC especially at night.
Someone posted here few months back that 1hp inverter AC consume about 487w. Running two at the same time will consume 974w, freezer might be 150w, fridge might be 110w, iron might be 1200w... Total 2,434w. Sufficient pv will take care of this during the day and charge your battery to float. You may also choose to alternative other appliances like pumping machine and washing machine.
Switch off the freezer in the evening when the sun is off and by this time, things has already blocked inside. You may allow the two ACs to run on battery for 9hours at night (8,766wh).
I'll advise you go for standalone floodlights and do not attach them to your system. I've 8 standalone floodlights in my compound running for two years now. They are all in sensor mode, turned on at night by itself and turned off when day break.
If you still need a bigger system, 8kw deye inverter might be a good option with 28kwh lifepo4 battery and corresponding pv.
Our big boys will advise better.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:12am On May 08, 2023
I need 1hp and 2hp inverter AC. Olopan said 1hp inverter AC is 480w while 2hp is 2100w. Please, what is the name of these products?
Does anyone here have better options? I'm more interested in energy efficient products as I intend to run them on solar.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:49am On May 08, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:51am On May 08, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Olarewajub: 11:02am On May 08, 2023
Any one with experience with the ADDO Opal Home inverter?

Mine doesn't seem to charge pass the two mark as shown in the attached image.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2023
Hello guys,
Anyone sell a wifi MCB? Anything from 10A and above.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 6:44pm On May 08, 2023
@temitimx I am in Kaduna.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Emperor3llion, Bb007, ekkywolex(m), Penuelseun(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.