Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050783 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Functionalsol: 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
Functionalsol:
I have 2 units of 170W mono panel with a unit of 12V 170Ah Renogy lithium ion battery.

I’m planning on getting luminous or techfine 12V inverter with solar talker Mppt controller to set up the system. I’ll like to know if these products are ideal for my setup and if not, can anyone suggest something better to make it efficient ? Thanks

Please, any suggestion on this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:39pm On May 11, 2023
Functionalsol:

Please, any suggestion on this

Your answer dey inside the thread. If you are waiting for the ogas here you fit tey bc most make use of 24v and above.

As for me I go for what works especially online reviews. My inverter no get name sef. They are electronics that should be handle with care. You can be given a go ahead from someone who is using your planned purchase and won't work for you but works for the person. So gather mind and buy or buy what most are using here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by auwal8377(m): 7:30pm On May 11, 2023
isangjohnson:

If at all you're buying from Selina Li, don't allow her to handle your shipping else you'll pay twice and that's if you'll be lucky to see your cells.
Most of us that paid her for the shipping are yet to get refund.

But many people have reported positive comments doing business with her. What do you mean by paying twice? To whom?
I'm planning to order my cells soon from her company.
Please, expatiate.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:17pm On May 11, 2023
auwal8377:

But many people have reported positive comments doing business with her. What do you mean by paying twice? To whom?
Please, expatiate.
Thanks.
You may wish to check view pages back for people's review. Her previous positive review attracted me to her but things has changed probably due to the volume of sales she's handling.
To the best of my knowledge, she doesn't pay much attention to the shipping of cells. She might not even remit the shipping fees you'll pay to the clearing agent and you might end up setling the clearing agent here in Nigeria when your cells finally arrive.
You might also be unlucky to see your cells due to mix up with other unlabeled cells caused by her careless shippers. Those that buy volume of cells at a time from her do not experience this issue.
If you must buy from her, I advise you look for your shipping agent. This will give you rest of mind.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:00pm On May 11, 2023
isangjohnson:

You may wish to check view pages back for people's review. Her previous positive review attracted me to her but things has changed probably due to the volume of sales she's handling.

To the best of my knowledge, she doesn't pay much attention to the shipping of cells. She might not even remit the shipping fees you'll pay to the clearing agent and you might end up setling the clearing agent here in Nigeria when your cells finally arrive.

You might also be unlucky to see your cells due to mix up with other unlabeled cells caused by her careless shippers. Those that buy volume of cells at a time from her do not experience this issue.

If you must buy from her, I advise you look for your shipping agent. This will give you rest of mind.

Not holding brief for her. Matter of fact I have not even shipped from her. I have not even shipped from China. I have consistently shipped from the US. If I eventually buy LifePO4 batteries this June, that will be a first for me from China.

That said, from my experience shipping from the US. Most of the time things go well, but a few times, and very rarely things have gone wrong. Like there was a strike by those clearing guys one time, or there was a certain shipment (mine was part of that shipment but not the only thing in the shipment) that was seized by US customs for additional checks because of some suspected criminal package in the shipment.

Shipment that was not criminal was later released for onward movement to Nigeria by US Customs.

Those are the few that readily come to mind. But overall and this is speaking as someone who has shipped for several years, things have gone well.

I think if she has had generally good reviews, one incident should not soil an otherwise stellar record.

Because I had excellent shipping in the past with my shipper, I did not let that incident make me stop doing business with them.

In yet another incident, my package got lost and the shipper ( not the same as the former) had to buy a replacement and ship to me. Took a while, hurt me but eventually I got my package.

So sorry for your experience though.

This is not an attempt to minimize the pain you feel.

I just want to share the other side of the story.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by geloorrrrdd(m): 9:11pm On May 11, 2023
Hello, guys. Whenever i want to switch off my inverter entirely from use and electricity charging, do i put off both switch in the picture (blue and black button).

I'm asking this because i noticed that my power units don't last anymore since i got this inverter (5KVA, with 4 batteries). My area now has constant electricity so i hardly ever need to use the inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by auwal8377(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2023
isangjohnson:

Thanks bro!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2023
ojesymsym:
What reliable shipper to ship lithium from China?

Call/chat - 08117398294

We are very reliable

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:59pm On May 11, 2023
Justice629:

I have 45cells on transit via Zeestone99 shipping connect, employed his services after having a terrible experience with Selina shipping bruhaha.

My man. Thanks for the patronage.
Many more goods to come.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2023
auwal8377:

Please, expatiate.
Thanks.

Contact me for shipping. Selina will send it to our warehouse in china. Fast and easy.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Olarewajub: 3:13am On May 12, 2023
olopan:
The indicator are not exactly a pointer to watch out for for Addo, you will noticed that the indicator goes up and down with grid power, you should watch out for the the 3 stages of charging right by the battery bars you described.

if it gets to FLT or float then it is full

Thanks for the response.

Apparently, my installer put me in deep shit.

My set up is off grid.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 7:42am On May 12, 2023
Oh! I see.
Call your installer to have the grid the added for you.
Olarewajub:

Thanks for the response.

Apparently, my installer put me in deep shit.

My set up is off grid.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 8:27am On May 12, 2023
ElRazur:
Guys abeg, I need your help and clear advise - preferably from those in the know.

I urgently need to set up 10Kva solar system and I need your advice abeg.

My needs are simple: power 2 inverter AC at least for 24 hours. Lights and TV, occasional water pump use.

I have narrowed things down to using LiFePo4 batteries due to have a longer use life, but picking a reputable brand seem to be a minefield. I'm leaning towards Felicity but I am not even sure anymore due to all I have read about them etc. Please advice.

Get Solar, Pay later!
Spread your payment over a period of 3-12Months with our financing option!

Contact us today!

Call Bright Energy

08100089358, 07068446093.

Whatsapp:07032352337

Bright Energy will recommend best Bright solar package suit your energy demand.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 8:31am On May 12, 2023
ElRazur:
Guys abeg, I need your help and clear advise - preferably from those in the know.

I urgently need to set up 10Kva solar system and I need your advice abeg.

My needs are simple: power 2 inverter AC at least for 24 hours. Lights and TV, occasional water pump use.

I have narrowed things down to using LiFePo4 batteries due to have a longer use life, but picking a reputable brand seem to be a minefield. I'm leaning towards Felicity but I am not even sure anymore due to all I have read about them etc. Please advice.

✳️6. PLATINUM SOLAR SET UP

1. 10KVA Inverter
Energy Output 8Kw

2. Lithium Battery Capacity 31.2KW

3. 350W Solar Panel x30

Solar Capacity of 64,000Wh/D

4. MPPT Charge Controller Capacity 240A

5. 4 Gang Battery Rack x3

6. Thunder Lightning Earth Bonding

7.Load separation

PLATINUM PLUS LITHIUM BATTERY ₦11,000,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2023
Get Solar, Pay later!
Spread your payment over a period of 3-12Months with our financing option!

Contact us today!

Call Bright Energy

08100089358, 07068446093.

Whatsapp:07032352337

Bright Energy will recommend best Bright solar package suit your energy demand.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 9:23am On May 12, 2023
- Do you have solar panels in your setup?
- what type of inverter do you have, what is the idle consumption and can you configure charge source priority on it?
- what settings do you have configured for the
- what type of batteries?

My take is that while you may not need to actively use the inverter now because you have better power supply, the inverter still needs power to keep the batteries topped off which may be responsible for your consumption & may lead to your batteries getting damaged if you shut off power supply to it.

Also, many inverters are configured to cycle the batteries partially depending on the output source priority, leading to consumption when they need to be charged.

More details of your setup will help forum members provide a suitable solution.

geloorrrrdd:
Hello, guys. Whenever i want to switch off my inverter entirely from use and electricity charging, do i put off both switch in the picture (blue and black button).

I'm asking this because i noticed that my power units don't last anymore since i got this inverter (5KVA, with 4 batteries). My area now has constant electricity so i hardly ever need to use the inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:04pm On May 12, 2023
Valto:
NEW Arrival Alert! price reduced!
Large quantity of premium brand new grade A Eve 160ah Lifepo4 lithium battery cells with over 4000 cycles available. comes with authentic QR code, busbars and screws. price is 69k each, big discounts on 8pcs and 16pcs and above. we can also couple in a customised foreign metal box with 125A circuit breaker, 10mm copper battery terminals, 100A /150A Bluetooth bms as
12v 160ah
12v 320ah
24v 160ah
24v 320ah
48v 160ah.
whatsapp me 0802-057-4628

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 2:47pm On May 12, 2023
What kind of enclosure did you guys also get?
Do they have the wall hung ones, like the one Fidelity uses?

I don't know what keyword to use to search for that type of battery enclosure, I am not getting the required results. The one one seller showed me of iron.
Justice629:

I bought from Docan and i got my refund via paypal for the Selina transaction

isangjohnson:

If at all you're buying from Selina Li, don't allow her to handle your shipping else you'll pay twice and that's if you'll be lucky to see your cells.
Most of us that paid her for the shipping are yet to get refund.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 3:27pm On May 12, 2023
ojesymsym:
What kind of enclosure did you guys also get?
Do they have the wall hung ones, like the one Fidelity uses?

I don't know what keyword to use to search for that type of battery enclosure, I am not getting the required results. The one one seller showed me of iron.

I didn’t get enclosures, I stacked mine in a battery rack.
If the attached pix is what you are looking for, it's also called power wall

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 3:37pm On May 12, 2023
Yes, this looks like it.
They are looking more expensive than batteries though on Alibaba, perhaps I am seeing those already stacked with batteries.

Modified
On boy, they are empty o and already costing over $600 just for case only.E b like say I go pass.

Justice629:

I didn’t get enclosures, I stacked mine in a battery rack.
If the attached pix is what you are looking for, it's also called power wall
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaybthaniels(m): 5:03pm On May 12, 2023
Does anyone have an experience with this inverter... It's a Gennex

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2023
On boy, they are empty o and already costing over $600 just for case only.E b like say I go pass.

[/quote]

Na why I no look that side grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 5:22pm On May 12, 2023
Kaybthaniels:
I have used Gennex products for about 8years now. While I had only fair respect for their 3.4kva I bought then ( have had to send it in for repairs three times) , the 5kva I bought in 2021 have really been capable of getting the job done. Able to handle the loads well and easy to use and understand. No regrets in that area.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaybthaniels(m): 5:30pm On May 12, 2023
Thanks for the response boss, what are the loads on yours if you don't mind me asking?, Is it able to handle the load of an Air conditioner? Two 1hp inverter ac to be precise. Both will not be turned on at the same time tho.

durodee:

I have used Gennex products for about 8years now. While I had only fair respect for their 3.4kva I bought then ( have had to send it in for repairs three times) , the 5kva I bought in 2021 have really been capable of getting the job done. Able to handle the loads well and easy to use and understand. No regrets in that area.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2023
ojesymsym:

Modified

600$ it comes with all accessories battery terminals and 200A seplos bms though. but shipping not included yet wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:10pm On May 12, 2023
litaninja:
- Do you have solar panels in your setup?
- what type of inverter do you have, what is the idle consumption and can you configure charge source priority on it?
- what settings do you have configured for the
- what type of batteries?

My take is that while you may not need to actively use the inverter now because you have better power supply, the inverter still needs power to keep the batteries topped off which may be responsible for your consumption & may lead to your batteries getting damaged if you shut off power supply to it.

Also, many inverters are configured to cycle the batteries partially depending on the output source priority, leading to consumption when they need to be charged.

More details of your setup will help forum members provide a suitable solution.

Thanks for the detailed response, Litaninja.
In regards to your questions,

Yes, I have solar panels. 10 Solars panel of 300 watts.
I use the Felicity solar inverter as attached in the picture and i believe charge source priority can be configured.
I'm not sure of the kind of settings used(I'm quite a newbie to these stuffs)
I use Four 220ah 12 volt tabular batteries.

And yes, i don't mind charging my batteries with power occasionally. My issue is how to completely disconnect the batteries from draining my units. I want to be in full control of the usage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by complexstuffs(m): 11:13pm On May 12, 2023
Good evening gurus in the house,

I just relocated to Abuja and hope to start a solar and inverter installation business in Abuja. Technical know-how is not a problem as I have had many years of experience in that field before relocating to Abuja.

Please what areas in Abuja would be best to set up a shop/location with N1.5 million rent money

Thanks, as I await your contributions
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 12:36am On May 13, 2023
geloorrrrdd:

Thanks for the detailed response, Litaninja.
In regards to your questions,

Yes, I have solar panels. 10 Solars panel of 300 watts.
I use the Felicity solar inverter as attached in the picture and i believe charge source priority can be configured.
I'm not sure of the kind of settings used(I'm quite a newbie to these stuffs)
I use Four 220ah 12 volt tabular batteries.

And yes, i don't mind charging my batteries with power occasionally. My issue is how to completely disconnect the batteries from draining my units. I want to be in full control of the usage.

Press and hold "ENTER" for 3 sec (Use ESC butting to go back to a previous page)

Press "UP" or "DOWN" key to switch the selection to 01 (Setting Page) and press "ENTER" key to enter selected page.

Press "UP" or "DOWN" key to switch the selection to 05 (Charger Priorirty) and press "ENTER" key to enter selected page.

You can choose between CSO Which means: Solar will charge the battery first, Then Nepa will charge battery only when Solar is insuffiecient.

Or CHS Meaning that Only Solar can Charge the Battery

In the event that you chose CSO, you can go to Page 07 (Max Utility Charging Current) and lower the Utility Charging Current.

This should get you going without worrying about your Nepa Unit Draining by Inverter Battery Charging.

I have attached links to your Inverter Manual to guide you further.
https://www.felicitysolar.com/uploadfile/downloads/IVEM说明书2022-6-1.pdf
https://www.felicitysolar.com/uploadfile/downloads/IVEM%20并机说明书.pdf

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 4:23am On May 13, 2023
Is their anywhere I can get the new felicitysolar mppt firmware? I don't like the fact my SCC remains in throughout the night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 7:48am On May 13, 2023
Can inverters be run 24/7 without shortening it's life span. Please note I'm not talking about the batteries but the inverter itself.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2023
Kaybthaniels:

Dm me for this beast. 100a

Sorotec vmii 100a mppt hybrid inverter.(parallel kit included).

Parallel up to 9unit

Price - 450k

Call/chat - 08117398294

(1) (2) (3) ... (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: moneyest(m), biggmusty(m), Danibestguy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.