Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2047396 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (1683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nasonaso: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
abunafiu:
If you are looking for cheap solar components. at least research why ure making ur choice.

bros, eyes don see oo..from panels to controllers and ultimately batteries. no be all our mistakes we dey post oo..
nasonaso , I hope I have shown you a clear path..d ball is in your cct

Thanks boss I do appreciate I had a tiring day today. I will read through the post dear.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 3:44am On Jul 01, 2016
********** SOLAR DEPOT NIGERIA ***********

Email: info@solardepotng.com Mobile: 0812 626 1756
www.solardepotng.com

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ATH: 6:29am On Jul 01, 2016
@Abunafiu,
How can I change the time setting on Morningstar MPPT charge controller from +0 (GMT+0) to GMT+1 (Nigeria time). . I have checked all the options but can't find how.

I also noticed in your post some weeks ago that you also left yours in default of (GMT+0).is there any reason for that or time can't be charged?

@Nasonaso
You don't need to be in an hurry. Start small but with best quality material.
I had 3.5kva inverter with 4 Batteries but when I started solar, the first thing I bought was morningstar charge controller, kept it and waited till when I had money to buy four 265W panels which served for almost one year before upgrading and so on.

People in my area are always coming to see my setup and wonder why I always have light. I always tell that I learnt from mistakes and experience of people on this forum. Please read through the posts .

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tnycee(m): 10:12am On Jul 01, 2016
kiekie1:

Hmmmn! its absolutely wrong for you to publicly type installation cost like this. Its totally unethical because you didn't put into consideration; height of roof"storey building spec", type of roofing sheet"aluminium or asbestos", pro solar roof mount or locally fabricated profiles, complex load isolation which you suddenly meet in some houses now etc . 1.5kva would work but can't really charge 4/6 batteries(series-parrallel if its a 24v system) & you forgot asking if client was totally offgrid"dependent on solar system alone" or hybrid .. Considering futuristic expansion. if client can a bit afford 3kw / 3.5kva / 4kva inverter, its OK by me because on solar clients keeps talking of expansion especially when the installation wasn't substandard ... Don't always relent on QUOTATIONS this days , simply task yourself by calling and discussing a bit to get good value for your money . Thanks ...

Don't mind the guy...just rushing to comment without making proper analysis.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
ATH:
@Abunafiu,
How can I change the time setting on Morningstar MPPT charge controller from +0 (GMT+0) to GMT+1 (Nigeria time). . I have checked all the options but can't find how.

I also noticed in your post some weeks ago that you also left yours in default of (GMT+0).is there any reason for that or time can't be charged?

@Nasonaso
You don't need to be in an hurry. Start small but with best quality material.
I had 3.5kva inverter with 4 Batteries but when I started solar, the first thing I bought was morningstar charge controller, kept it and waited till when I had money to buy four 265W panels which served for almost one year before upgrading and so on.

People in my area are always coming to see my setup and wonder why I always have light. I always tell that I learnt from mistakes and experience of people on this forum. Please read through the posts .

I am not sure if I am correct. I doubt if morning star mppt have time setting menu.
I have used and install a few numbers of TSMPPT and I never came across time menu.
However, using the controller via ur laptop then viewing the live performance indicates time (ur laptop time).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nasonaso: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
ATH:
@Abunafiu,

@Nasonaso
You don't need to be in an hurry. Start small but best
quality material.

People in my area are always coming to see my setup
and wonder why I always have light. I always tell that I learnt from mistakes and experience of people on this forum. Please read through the posts .

. Thanks boss I won't be in a hurry. Will take my time to learn more sir . I do appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
nasonaso:

. Thanks boss I won't be in a hurry. Will take my time to learn more sir . I do appreciate

thanks for thinking positively. I promise you that u will never regret going solar.
Na like money ritual...Once ure in. , no way out.

I once told a friend on this forum that he will be dissatisfied with his 12v 800va system in less than a month. To my surprise, he upgraded to a 24v system in less than a week. that he never knew this tin sweet like this, his wife is now a superwoman because her fridge don upgrade too. lol.

so experiences like d one above are very important to learn from before starting so that u can value d little u start off with.

Yes money is very important but let the knowledge come first except u want to hire a professional. even at that u may be duped. so learn d basics brother.

be blessed sir.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nasonaso: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
abunafiu:

thanks for thinking positively. I promise you that u will never regret going solar.
Na like money ritual...Once ure in. , no way out.

I once told a friend on this forum that he will be dissatisfied with his 12v 800va system in less than a month. To my surprise, he upgraded to a 24v system in less than a week. that he never knew this tin sweet like this, his wife is now a superwoman because her fridge don upgrade too. lol.

Thanks so much I won't rush into it. I will take my time during d weekend to make a study of this thread

so experiences like d one above are very important to learn from before starting so that u can value d little u start off with.

Yes money is very important but let the knowledge come first except u want to hire a professional. even at that u may be duped. so learn d basics brother.

be blessed sir.

Thanks so much I won't rush into it. I will take my time during d weekend to make a study of this thread
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nasonaso: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
idsolar:

when it come to solar pls patient. ur location (north/south) also matter frm experience. pls on cost go for value for money. d 3kva i can install for N690, N980k can also be installed wt N1.6m. also this 3kva can also be packaged for N550k. so there's reason for d prices.
as advised pls go through old post here. it wl do u good

Thanks boss

Sori ve been busy lately. I'll take ur advise. u r far too kind u responded immediately n showed me a pathway I should follow. I will call u frm time to time if I need to clear my doubts on any issue once again thanks so much boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 5:41am On Jul 02, 2016
xreakz:

What would be the total Vmp and Ioc i would get from the 2 by 2?

You need to come clean on all your setup to be able to get good advise here. Especially has you have confirmed to be a noob on this subject. At least let us know what controller u are using, the estimated distance between charge controller and solar panels. There is no standard advise that apply to all type of setup. How u string your panel depends on many variables. Let us know the type of controller especially the model and rated output etc. Then u will get best advise not just a generic advise which might not apply to your setup.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xreakz(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2016
bigrovar:

You need to come clean on all your setup to be able to get good advise here. Especially has you have confirmed to be a noob on this subject. At least let us know what controller u are using, the estimated distance between charge controller and solar panels. There is no standard advise that apply to all type of setup. How u string your panel depends on many variables. Let us know the type of controller especially the model and rated output etc. Then u will get best advise not just a generic advise which might not apply to your setup.

Okay sir. I plan on using a Fangpusun Flexmax 60A. Approximate distance between panels and controller is about 40ft from my estimation.

Batteries are 2V 500Ah Huawei Agisson setup in series for 24V.
Inverter is a 1.5KVA Safe power.

Please let me know if i missed something out.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tholuxanny: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2016
Kindly call for hybrid/solar inverter with inbuilt pwm solar charge controller.

1.4kva(12V) hybrid inverter- 79k
2.4kva(24V) hybrid inverter- 85k

Also instock is 3.0kva(24V) pure sine wave with inbuilt solar mppt charge controller - 185k

Call 07032687954, also on whatsapp

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2016
Good morning, Pls can I use 60 AMPS EMERSON NETWORK CHARGER to charge 2 pairs of 200AH Batteries? Urgent.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2016
tholuxanny:
Kindly call for hybrid/solar inverter with inbuilt pwm solar charge controller.

1.4kva(12V) hybrid inverter- 79k
2.4kva(24V) hybrid inverter- 85k

Also instock is 3.0kva(24V) pure sine wave with inbuilt solar mppt charge controller - 185k

Call 07032687954

Pls house I need to repair an inverter like this, d hybrid mppt inverter, d red color inverter precisely. Pls share contact of gud inverter technician or send me a watapp msg on dis line 08117398294. thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2016
xreakz:

Okay sir. I plan on using a Fangpusun Flexmax 60A. Approximate distance between panels and controller is about 40ft from my estimation.

Batteries are 2V 500Ah Huawei Agisson setup in series for 24V.
Inverter is a 1.5KVA Safe power.

Please let me know if i missed something out.

Thanks
Good choice. The flex max can handle up to 150 volts. I would not advice that you go that high. I average between 70 and 110 volts on my installations that use the controller. No issues so far. I will run higher voltage to reduce string size. Also allows you to use smaller size pv breakers or fuses. Most panels are limited to 15 amps series connections.
The 2 V batteries are smart. Check the charge parameters for them and set them in your FM60.
Good luck.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tnycee(m): 11:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Please guys....please where can I get distilled /deionized water. I need to water my batteries. Also, it there an efficient way of producing it in large quantities?

Awaiting your responses. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2016
Tnycee:
Please guys....please where can I get distilled /deionized water. I need to water my batteries. Also, it there an efficient way of producing it in large quantities?

Awaiting your responses. Thanks.
My people purchased it in Ikeja. Email anwokolo@atlanticwastepower.com she will tell you where our service team purchased it. 4500 for 25 liters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tnycee(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2016
Ok got it

chris81964:

My people purchased it in Ikeja. Email anwokolo@atlanticwastepower.com she will tell you where our service team purchased it. 4500 for 25 liters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
Guy dey ur lane. someone mentioned my name, i responded, why are you pained? Solar system is not rocket science undecided the system i gave him is what i'm currently using and i installed evrything myself. undecided
Tnycee:

Don't mind the guy...just rushing to comment without making proper analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Im2Busy2Bother: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
Freedom of information looks like it's no longer allowed here....abeg make una allow information flow like River Nile cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
viazi:
Good morning, Pls can I use 60 AMPS EMERSON NETWORK CHARGER to charge 2 pairs of 200AH Batteries? Urgent.
Guyz I need response, output is 24v and 60amps, pls I need response b4 buying. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Tnycee:
Ok got it

They may just be purchasing AC Water. That water coming out of AC is one of the best distilled water.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 12:03am On Jul 03, 2016
Evening guys,

I'm wondering if anyone here knows the cost of the 'AC board' for the attached inverter. I've also attached a picture of the board.

I'd like to know the cost and location if possible.

Thanks.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2016
I rather use ac water than pay 4500 for some water some random people r selling xlaiming to b distilled water...na naija we dey so.
Peeps can b heartless......ac water is free...i just take my container n hook it to the ac drain hose at the office..in 2 days its full.n i harvest..chikena

@poster asking abt network charger...send a pics so we can understand what u mean...no1 knows what u mean by network charger!.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2016
earthrealm:
I rather use ac water than pay 4500 for some water some random people r selling xlaiming to b distilled water...na naija we dey so.
Peeps can b heartless......ac water is free...i just take my container n hook it to the ac drain hose at the office..in 2 days its full.n i harvest..chikena

@poster asking abt network charger...send a pics so we can understand what u mean...no1 knows what u mean by network charger!.
I paid 4500 for 25 liters and I have no problems with it. What is your objection to what I paid for it? Your solution while great still has contaminants. Leaching from the coils, dust and possible bacteria. You should filter it before use.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2016
The water coming from AC is as clean as the environment u stay. Its not distilled at all and even the AC get dirty as d dirty air from which d condensate comes out is not pure. Don't dull yourself guy and check before giving wrong advice unless you want him to ruin his batteries!
viazi:

They may just be purchasing AC Water. That water coming out of AC is one of the best distilled water.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2016
Check if its a smart charger(regulated). Only use smart charger else I'll charge ur batteries to death!
viazi:

Guyz I need response, output is 24v and 60amps, pls I need response b4 buying. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2016
Don't know the cost but most likely in Alaba you'll see it.
netotse:
Evening guys,

I'm wondering if anyone here knows the cost of the 'AC board' for the attached inverter. I've also attached a picture of the board.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
netotse:
Evening guys,

Thanks.
c0ogumo has a. lot in stock. I have seen them in person.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
kiekie1:
Must Power star light inverters
1kva-12v=80k
1.5kva-12v=95k
3kva(2000w)-12v=100,000
3kva(2000w)-24v=130,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=140,000
5kva(4000w)-24/48=200,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= 230,000
7.5kva(6000w)-24=250,000

Hybrid inverters with inbuilt PWM controllers
7.5kva-48v=290,000
5kva-48v=250,000
4kva-24v=220,000
3kva-24v=190,000
Hybrid Inverter with inbuilt MPPT control
12KW-48v=870,000

EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(e tracer) solar charge controller @ 135k

EP Solar 12/24 40a mppt(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 70k

MERCURY Docan Korean deep cycle batteries 12v 220a @80k (limited in stock)

Trojan 12v 205a USA batteries @ 88k...(limited quantity in stock)

With 35k , I can offer you the most important pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....

Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... GENUS , LUMINUOS , EPSILON PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,proforma invoices valid for just 1 week, contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

RITAR RA12-200 AGM VRLA Battery 3-5YRS Life Cycle 12V 200ah "weigh above 60kg"....... @ ₦95,000.00
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tnycee(m): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
I'm not pained bro....was just surprised at your response. Just surprised.

DMerciful:
Guy dey ur lane. someone mentioned my name, i responded, why are you pained? Solar system is not rocket science undecided the system i gave him is what i'm currently using and i installed evrything myself. undecided
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gennextech: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good day house , do not forget we haveHigh quality Canadian solar Solar Panels 255W polycrystalline in large quantity

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (1683) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: rajo4real(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.