Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2077778 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) ... (1702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27
Drgreatone:

Tested and trusted 🙌🙌🙌🙌. Speaking from experience too
sorry if I may ask, which of the device did he repair for you, what's the fault
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hayo15(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27
Hello everyone,

Please i need a recommendation for a very effective solar street lamp. Looking to get some for a project and it needs to be very good. Please I am open to as many recommendations as possible. Most solar street lamp I have seen on the street rarely last more than 6 months. I need something that should do at least 2 years..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kwende(m): 9:58pm On Apr 27
Experts in the house, kindly suggest what complete solar solution I can get with the following

Budget: 5 million naira

Prefered Battery: lifepo4 lithium battery

Estate generator provides 12 hours of power per day

Thanks a lot....appreciated
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27
twinskenny:
My client want to sell 2 not 5000es growatt inverter

Bought brand new never used…

He decided to sell cause he want a bigger inverter

It was purchased for 690k each

He want a figure close to this amount

Any taker!?
BNIB never Open

You can WhatsApp me

This is still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 11:09pm On Apr 27
Danibestguy:

Can you share the inverter dealer's contact?

My brother is actually the one that connected me to them, he is into solar system installation

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:58am On Apr 28
kwende:
Experts in the house, kindly suggest what complete solar solution I can get with the following

Growatt 6KVA/SRNE 8KVA 48v inverter
SRNE 10kwh/15kwh LifePO4 battery (10 years warranty)
12x 625W Jinko panels

Buy what you need from Fouani Store and HMSolar.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abuzz33: 3:50am On Apr 28
HeavenlyBang:

Growatt 6KVA/SRNE 8KVA 48v inverter
SRNE 10kwh/15kwh LifePO4 battery (10 years warranty)
12x 625W Jinko panels

Buy what you need from Fouani Store and HMSolar.

Inverter - 1m
Battery - 3m
Panels - 2m

Not a 5m solution.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:29am On Apr 28
abuzz33:

Inverter - 1m
Battery - 3m
Panels - 2m

Not a 5m solution.

Close enough, though. Can do 10 panels instead, plus the 10kwh battery if the budget is absolutely fixed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by scottsland: 5:01am On Apr 28
Try Vellmax, I only know of someone who has been using it since last year, don't know of someone who used it for 2years.
The original Vellmax comes with Lifepo4 battery, most others use Li-ion Battery.
So you are looking for solar street light with inbuilt good quality lifepo4 battery.
So DYOR
hayo15:
Hello everyone,

Please i need a recommendation for a very effective solar street lamp. Looking to get some for a project and it needs to be very good. Please I am open to as many recommendations as possible. Most solar street lamp I have seen on the street rarely last more than 6 months. I need something that should do at least 2 years..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 8:48am On Apr 28
Pls house, connecting four 12v 150w panels in 2s2p, how many volt and amp am I expected to see on the 40ah mppt cc?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 8:53am On Apr 28
kwende:

There are so many factors to consider.
What time of the day do you have the 12 hours, if you can also charge with the estate generator, at affordable rate.

First your Energy consumption audit, to understand, how to size inverter, batteries for back up and Solar for generating power needed.
Second is Budget, your budget may need to be increased to meet the minimum requirements..

1. One solution is to go a back up. Just inverter and LFP batteries.. this means your Estate generator will be working for you 24 Hours.

2. Another solution is to have Solar generating your power to support the batteries in a on grid situation.

3. This is an OFF Grid solution..

Story go long here, you can message me on what's app, I will help you with the Analysis at no cost.. 23481-323-94478

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:57am On Apr 28
adibo:
Good afternoon all. I want to appreciate everyone for their advice and help, I was finally able to get my inverter system set up. Mercury 2.4kva hybrid, two 220ah mercury batteries and three 475w Jinko panels. I have been enjoying it since 5th of this month, it has been a wonderful experience, 24 hours light since then. My fridge is always on from morning till about 6pm.I also use it for ironing and blending, and for my washing machine. It was installed by one of us here - solarengr
What was the cost of the inverter? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:59am On Apr 28
adibo:

I actually bought the items myself from Cocharis. I bought the inverter at dealer price, 288k while the batteries cost 240k each at dealer price also. Then the Jinko panels cost 129k each. That's about 1.155m. Then I paid for the installation
288k for the hybrid 24v 2.5kva inverter? Wow.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 9:01am On Apr 28
Deluxe8000:
Pls house, connecting four 12v 150w panels in 2s2p, how many volt and amp am I expected to see on the 40ah mppt cc?

As output or input?
Is the connection done already, if not take the picture of the spec sheet on the panels, post here for review.

Assumptions at STC:
A 150w panel has VMP of 18V and ISC 8.3A
4 of this make a 600w total power

2s2p connection gives
Input 36V 16.6A
Out put depends on your system voltage
24V output will be 28V and ~21A
12V output will be 14V and ~40A

So say you will get arount 70%
Just multiplly the input and output current by 0.7

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 9:05am On Apr 28
Sapiosexuality:
288k for the hybrid 24v 2.5kva inverter? Wow.

You can get 24V 3.2KA, 2.9KW from Sako. At similar price or even less, I just completed an installation of such

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:08am On Apr 28
Dam5reey1:

You can get 24V 3.2KA, 2.9KW from Sako. At similar price or even less, I just completed an installation of such
For hybrid o? Not fairly used. The prices I've been seeing here have been scary.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 9:16am On Apr 28
Sapiosexuality:
For hybrid o? Not fairly used. The prices I've been seeing here have been scary.

Yes na, it was even way cheaper when rate was 1100.. now it's higher as reach reached 1400

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:30am On Apr 28
Dam5reey1:

Yes na, it was even way cheaper when rate was 1100.. now it's higher as reach reached 1400
I've been seeing some very high prices here and it made me take it out of my order of things. For this 2.5 KVA 24v hybrid system, do I still need my old MPPT charge controller or it's inbuilt into the inverter? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 9:37am On Apr 28
Dam5reey1:

What was the configuration of the panels you used?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:52am On Apr 28
kwende:

If you get power 12hours everyday, you probably don't need solar, just get 15KWh Lifepo4 and inverter and you are home and dry. You use the stored power when there is no electricity and you recharge the battery when electricity returns.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:00am On Apr 28
Sapiosexuality:
I've been seeing some very high prices here and it made me take it out of my order of things. For this 2.5 KVA 24v hybrid system, do I still need my old MPPT charge controller or it's inbuilt into the inverter? Thanks.

The inbuilt Solar charge controller is more suitable as it is 80A.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:03am On Apr 28
Danibestguy:

What was the configuration of the panels you used?

Sako 410w, 4s configuration. 1640W total capacity

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 10:06am On Apr 28
Dam5reey:

Sako 410w, 4s configuration. 1640W total capacity

What is the max voltage of each panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:07am On Apr 28
Dam5reey:

The inbuilt Solar charge controller is more suitable as it is 80A.
That means I have to sell it. Got from Odinnamdi more than a year or so ago but yet to use it. Power Mr 60A.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:11am On Apr 28
Danibestguy:

What is the max voltage of each panels

410W
VMP 31.36V Imp 13.08A
VOC 37.32 ISC 14.00A
108 half cell
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:12am On Apr 28
Sapiosexuality:
That means I have to sell it. Got from Odinnamdi more than a year or so ago but yet to use it. Power Mr 60A.

You may keep it anyways,but if the cost may be needed for the upgrade, sell it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 10:16am On Apr 28
Dam5reey:

410W
VMP 31.36V Imp 13.08A
VOC 37.32 ISC 14.00A
108 half cell

Can you share your contact?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:19am On Apr 28
Dam5reey1:

How's that battery performing? Almost bought a unit from them last week.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 10:22am On Apr 28
Dam5reey1:

As output or input?
Is the connection done already, if not take the picture of the spec sheet on the panels, post here for review.

Assumptions at STC:
A 150w panel has VMP of 18V and ISC 8.3A
4 of this make a 600w total power

2s2p connection gives
Input 36V 16.6A
Out put depends on your system voltage
24V output will be 28V and ~21A
12V output will be 14V and ~40A

So say you will get arount 70%
Just multiplly the input and output current by 0.7
thanks, I really appreciate.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:26am On Apr 28
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 10:30am On Apr 28
adrusa:

If you get power 12hours everyday, you probably don't need solar, just get 15KWh Lifepo4 and inverter and you are home and dry. You use the stored power when there is no electricity and you recharge the battery when electricity returns.

Don't forget the rate he will pay for recharging the battery, it is not free, kindly factor that in the calculation.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:13am On Apr 28
HeavenlyBang:

Close enough, though. Can do 10 panels instead, plus the 10kwh battery if the budget is absolutely fixed.

Call/chat - 08117398294

(1) (2) (3) ... (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) ... (1702) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Gshems and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.