Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2052241 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (1686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Olumighty123(m): 6:01pm On Apr 17
projectandpages:

Hi,

Powerbox Pro(version2):
•1kWh lithium ion storage 🔋
• 2 years warranty
• 10 years life cycle

This 1kW power system can power the following:
1. Energy saver refrigerator,
2. ⁠All home indoor LED light
3. ⁠Wall sockets
4. ⁠Blender
5. ⁠Tv sets

Package comes with:
1. Two 150W each solar panels
2. ⁠10 yard connecting cable

N540,000

3. Charger (optional) - NGN70,000

[url]powerbox.com.ng[/url]

All home indoor led lights? Confusing😕 are you saying the numbers of light doesn't shake the powerbox? Can this power an 8 channel cctv set up ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:10pm On Apr 17
Mavor:
Hi, Please are you an official member of the Powerbox team? What is the 70k charger used for and why is it optional? Please is this a pure sine wave inverter? Lithium ion has fire hazard risks and considering I am a bachelor who lives alone and have to work onsite, I have concerns when I am away form home at work. Where is Powerbox located in Lagos? Thank you for replying.
Why didn't you tell us since the beginning of this debate that you're a bachelor.
If person wey never marry dey fear like this, what about family men like us.... grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 6:26pm On Apr 17
isangjohnson:

Why didn't you tell us since the beginning of this debate that you're a bachelor.
If person wey never marry dey fear like this, what about family men like us.... grin grin grin grin
Guy man, I got scammed 17m last year. Money when I been wan use start China import side business. Since then, one kind paranoia dey worry me when I wan invest money for any project. Make una no vex for here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:33pm On Apr 17
Obnoxious2001:
Please this is urgent.

Can a 1.5hp AC (inverter AC) run on a 2.5kva inverter.

Would the inverter be able to even start concerning the surge
No one can outrightly tell you YES. We can only tell you to try your luck but it's not advisable.
Most of these budget systems are not built according to the specifications.
Again, the more we push our system closer to the stated capacity, the more heat the system generate and it's not really good. Creating allowances make the systems run cooler and last longer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17
Drgreatone:

Combining in parallel defeats the purpose (I'd av to climb the roof again to reconfigure) and requires bigger wires. Using a 6mm wire already
Its a 300w panel with abt 9a of current though max i av gotten is 4.
Already mentioned its a 2kva12v hybrid inverter with mppt volt of 30-400vdc. Just feel it doesnt charge well wit solar which is why I'm considering getting a seperate mppt charger. Plan B is to add another panel and see if there's any change.

Hope they are not lower capacity, relabelled panels.

Check your panels, azimuth angle, elevation angle and shading. These three things must be as close to optimal as possible.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:44pm On Apr 17
Mavor:
Guy man, I got scammed 17m last year. Money when I been wan use start China import side business. Since then, one kind paranoia dey worry me when I wan invest money for any project. Make una no vex for here.

Good to know you have realized your mistake. Being scammed is not good enough reason to be discourteous to a group of people you came to seek assistance from, especially where experiential knowledge is shared FOC.

My one advice, take any all in one, power solution you see with a pinch of salt. Since it's a stop gap you need, just put your expectations to around 70% of their rated capacities.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:11pm On Apr 17
Trippledots:

Hope they are not lower capacity, relabelled panels.

Check your panels, azimuth angle, elevation angle and shading. These three things must be as close to optimal as possible.
The first line is my biggest fear, was only able to measure the volt which was around 34v but not the current b4 installing.
The roof inclination is almost like 70°, no shading around. I guess I'd just add an extra panel and see if there's any improvement before gking thr external cc way.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17
TechGeek777:

That's what they(GTB) told me yesterday.

Can current account from another bank Firstbank, reference for someone opening GTB Dollar Account?

Do you have experience with firstbank dollar account?

I really don't know if firstbank can reference for GTB, but GTB naira current account holders can reference for someone opening dollar account.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:18pm On Apr 17
Mavor:
Sorry if I sounded harsh to you... Na ur best interest dey all of us here mind. No one wants u getting ripped of ur hard earned money here. Hope u make the right choice in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 9:31pm On Apr 17
Drgreatone:

Shebi one oga at the top told him battery capacity he would need for his load and his response was did he see fridge or AC there and that he needs an expert obviously. I don commot hand for hin matter.
I dont know who's trying to form for by insisting he's getting 5kv inverter/10kwh battery in oct, who cares?

Just been watching y’all engage this guy..he is a known clown on Nl romance section
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17
Anyone here has a review of this inverter and its idle consumption.

Would really appreciate feedback

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by diabeticdeals: 2:18am On Apr 18
grin

luvlyoracle:

Just been watching y’all engage this guy..he is a known clown on Nl romance section
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 3:42am On Apr 18
Drgreatone:

Sorry if I sounded harsh to you... Na ur best interest dey all of us here mind. No one wants u getting ripped of ur hard earned money here. Hope u make the right choice in the end.
Thank you and my sincerest apologies for sounding very rude and pompous in the past.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 3:42am On Apr 18
Trippledots:

Good to know you have realized your mistake. Being scammed is not good enough reason to be discourteous to a group of people you came to seek assistance from, especially where experiential knowledge is shared FOC.

My one advice, take any all in one, power solution you see with a pinch of salt. Since it's a stop gap you need, just put your expectations to around 70% of their rated capacities.

Cheers bro.
Thank you. I apologize for my previous poor behaviour. I should have behaved better. No vex please. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:32am On Apr 18
@Mavor
You be man jor.
Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:32am On Apr 18
saint2ace:

What's the attached battery capacity of the setup? You only provided the inverter output capacity.

The post you quoted has the first line as 1KWH
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:32am On Apr 18
tsiriman:

I really don't know if firstbank can reference for GTB, but GTB naira current account holders can reference for someone opening dollar account.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 9:34am On Apr 18
dollarnaira:
@Mavor
You be man jor.
Kudos
Thank you Baba! God bless!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 11:58am On Apr 18
mctfopt:

The post you quoted has the first line as 1KWH

Thanks, just realised my error.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18
pelepeleb:
This guy is good faithful to the business.
I made request of some Items and made the payment.
Without any delay, he sent my consignment as requested and the delivery was dome without any delay.
Please patronize him.
This is type of people we want inn Nigeria, in business circle. they made things much more easier.
thanks.

Thank you my oga at the top. Gracias smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 1:55pm On Apr 18
luvlyoracle:
Anyone here has a review of this inverter and its idle consumption.

Would really appreciate feedback

of all the knowledge being shared here freely, why you would still settle/choose this type of inverter is mind boggling......unless its cheap, you shudnt really be considering this type of dumb inverter in 2024.

abi it has been upgraded?
does it have lvd and hvd settings?. is it lithium battery compatible?. does it have editable battery charge voltage settings?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:12pm On Apr 18
Malevonent:

of all the knowledge being shared here freely, why you would still settle/choose this type of inverter is mind boggling......unless its cheap, you shudnt really be considering this type of dumb inverter in 2024.

does it have lvd and hvd settings?. is it lithium battery compatible?. does it have editable battery charge voltage settings?
I guess the inverter is not an hybrid type and as such the lithium/lead acid battery charging could be channelled to the external CC.
I will rather tell him to check those vital information on the datasheet.
Though I've not used the sachet inverter before, but I'm told it doesn't have lvd. The person told me that his bms usually handles the cut off whenever the battery voltage is low. This is bad because the bms lvd was built in as a last resort. It's the work of the inverter to handle the lvd and not the bms.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18
Malevonent:

If only you would point me to where I could get the modern inverters for 100k

All pockets no be the same
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:12pm On Apr 18
luvlyoracle:

If only you would point me to where I could get the modern inverters for 100k

All pockets no be the same
He was just trying to advise you to look for a modernized model of similar type that could still fall within your budget.
As I earlier said, check the vital information like pv charging amps, pv max voltage, surge power, lvd, ac charging amps, the max pv watt, the inbuilt cc if it's an hybrid I doubt, and the type of cc on the datasheet.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18
isangjohnson:

I guess the inverter is not an hybrid type and as such the lithium/lead acid battery charging could be channelled to the external CC.
I will rather tell him to check those vital information on the datasheet.
Though I've not used the sachet inverter before, but I'm told it doesn't have lvd. The person told me that his bms usually handles the cut off whenever the battery voltage is low. This is bad because the bms lvd was built in as a last resort. It's the work of the inverter to handle the lvd and not the bms.

This isn’t satchet inverter this is transformer based psw inverter 24v 1.5kva
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:53pm On Apr 18
luvlyoracle:

This isn’t satchet inverter this is transformer based psw inverter 24v 1.5kva
I knew. I was only comparing the two.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 5:02pm On Apr 18
Good day guys.

Please I need some help. Trying to get some high capacity solar panels. 540W and above.
I would be grateful if I can get some pointers on the brands to look out for. And if possible, where to look.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:18pm On Apr 18
What defines our taste of type of inverter is largely different from one another.

Satisfaction is the key here.

Some are comfortable with a volt meter reading while some go beyond that as they want to monitor things via Bluetooth and remotely.

Some need to power energy guzzling appliances like Ac,heater,microwave,oven, electric cooker etc while some just need to turn on bulbs, tv and charge phones or laptops.

Some want to edit their settings satisfactorily without stress while some are comfortable with inbuilt 10.5v settings grin but monitoring.

Some want things in pipes and as neat as possible while some will not be bothered seeing wires flying around.

Some will never run their batteries with or without bms,earthings,surges,fuses etc.

SO IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT WORKs FOR MR A BUT NOT FOR MR B.

N.B : But Never underestimate the power embedded in a good psw satchet inverter with true capacity, e go dhock you.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:19pm On Apr 18
Thunderbolt:
Good day guys.

Please I need some help. Trying to get some high capacity solar panels. 540W and above.
I would be grateful if I can get some pointers on the brands to look out for. And if possible, where to look.

Thanks
Jinko
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SaintUlot: 5:34pm On Apr 18
5 months used 300w x 3 Solar panels available for sale

Price 65k

Call/WhatsApp 08035537864 if interested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by medulla01(m): 8:03pm On Apr 18
SaintUlot:
5 months used 300w x 3 Solar panels available for sale

Price 65k

Call/WhatsApp 08035537864 if interested
how.much is new when u want sell.used one for 65k

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by specialofficer: 8:50pm On Apr 18
odimbannamdi:

I have 8 of this fans, all working well. Very very energy efficient. Even when my battery is low, I can still use the fan all through the night. I hardly go above speed 3. At worst 4.
Boss abeg if you fit give me one, I'll be like the happiest person, I'm really in need of fan, I have exams, I can't read without the fan because where I stay is always stuffy, abeg help me boss.

I have a new fan, but the coil spoilt, new fan I just bought, to repair the fan, they're telling me 8k, and I don't have, that's why I'm begging boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (1686) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Eagba(m), Sapiosexuality(m), alosbaba007(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.