Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,441 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2092283 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) ... (1709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 1:46pm On Apr 30
bassdow:

Circuit breaker is important between the following places
1. Inverter and Battery
2. Solar Panel and Charge Controller
3. Charge Controller and Battery
boss can I use panels for charging phones direct
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:27pm On Apr 30
Eagba:
Please house I need answers er with this;
My wife is running on a budget, so she's thinking of getting solar panels for charging to complement her pos bizness.
Now the thing is, she want to know if she can get only solar, no batteries and maybe charge controller for charging of customers phones and devices.
Thanks sirs and mas

100% possible.
But only sunlight.
Days of rain na bad market.
Ran a rechargeable fan with it yesterday without battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ayo1984: 2:34pm On Apr 30
Please house how reliable is pow Mr 80a solar charge controller

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:37pm On Apr 30
Dam5reey:

Not 260V.
we have High voltage starting at 36V now.
this is Sako 1.64KW watts panels producing 1.43KW with only 4 panels rated at 31Vmp
total input is 113V from PV

That's impressive to see that high VoC of the MPPT and low starting voltage. Most high input voltage inverter requires high starting voltage to run the MPPT controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:41pm On Apr 30
ayo1984:
Please house how reliable is pow Mr 80a solar charge controller

Used the 60A. Not bad.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30
dollarnaira:

100% possible.
But only sunlight.
Ok . Like what wattage of panel is advisable for an average of 25 phones charging simultaneously.

Later she can get batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30
dollarnaira:

100% possible.
But only sunlight.
Ok . Like what wattage of panel is advisable for an average of 25 phones charging simultaneously.
Bros what kind of controller will be needed to avoid damaging phones

Later she can get batteries .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:45pm On Apr 30
Eagba:
boss can I use panels for charging phones direct
what you mean by "DIRECT" ?

If you mean by connecting the phone directly to solar panel, without any thing in-between, then it's a NO
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 2:55pm On Apr 30
bassdow:

what you mean by "DIRECT" ?

If you mean by connecting the phone directly to solar panel, without any thing in-between, then it's a NO
what can I connect in between
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 3:04pm On Apr 30
Sapiosexuality:
I've been seeing some very high prices here and it made me take it out of my order of things. For this 2.5 KVA 24v hybrid system, do I still need my old MPPT charge controller or it's inbuilt into the inverter? Thanks.

please use your old charge controller and leave out the in-bult charge controller

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ayo1984: 4:09pm On Apr 30
mctfopt:

Used the 60A. Not bad.

Thank you sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 4:13pm On Apr 30
dollarnaira:

100% possible.
But only sunlight.

How did you do the connection?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 4:18pm On Apr 30
Eagba:
Please house I need answers er with this;
My wife is running on a budget, so she's thinking of getting solar panels for charging to complement her pos bizness.
Now the thing is, she want to know if she can get only solar, no batteries and maybe charge controller for charging of customers phones and devices.
Thanks sirs and mas

You want to charge 25 phones simultaneously, that's 250 watts of energy if each phone takes 10w. that's base charging 2A 5V.
Plan at least a small battery to serve as a buffer for cloudy periods.
Plan for LFP backup 12V, 50AH, or lead acid 12V 100AH will do for a start.
500w Sachet inverter, you can't run DC-DC due to the number of phones.
12V 60A PWM charge controller,
2PC of 180W Solar panel.
with 500K you will reach somewhere!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 5:05pm On Apr 30
Good evening to y’all great people
Please I’m curious about something and I hope y’all can clarify it.
What should be the battery full voltage and low battery of a 24V LiFePO4 battery pack?
Due to my knowledge, I thought each cell can attain 3.65V at fully charge and 2.5V while low?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 5:40pm On Apr 30
RickyM:
Good evening to y’all great people
Please I’m curious about something and I hope y’all can clarify it.
What should be the battery full voltage and low battery of a 24V LiFePO4 battery pack?
Due to my knowledge, I thought each cell can attain 3.65V at fully charge and 2.5V while low?
The allowable voltage range that will not harm the cells is 2.500v-3.650v.
The working voltage range is 3.000v-3.400v per cell.
Charging above 3.425v per cell gains you nothing other than tear and wear because there is no appreciable stored energy above that voltage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:00pm On Apr 30
Sapiosexuality:
If I may ask, from experience, how long, on average, would you say a hybrid inverter lasts before it breaks down or develops fault?
To the best of my knowledge, there is no specific time or duration.
Some may last for two months, some may last for one year, some may last for five years and some may still last beyond ten years. The durability depends on many factors including the quality of the products and the maintenance culture of the end user.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 6:12pm On Apr 30
Dam5reey:

This model required 120V... If he adds one more 545W it will work fine.

the 30-400V type works with 1Panel..

It is true that with 30v the inverter will register solar input but the spec design and requirements for these high voltage inverters differs from model to model.
Yours might require 120v for nominal operation but his inverter requires best nominal volt of 240v.
Correct me if am wrong, we are all here to know more.
See attached

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30
Sapiosexuality:
If I may ask, from experience, how long, on average, would you say a hybrid inverter lasts before it breaks down or develops fault?
Like for many inverters or electronics it depends on many factors- Quality of the inverter itself, protection provided at installation against grid surge, lightning strikes, types of loads its being used for, ambient temperature, duration of use etc. The worst hybrid I have used so far (SOROTEC 5KVA range) lasted about 3 months before suddenly packing up, most will last years but unless you are using the high end types, I will budget 2-4 years on average before you have to repair something . The National grid with its "dirty" voltage and current is a major enemy. Off grid, the worst enemy is the element- heat/fan stoppage , lightning strike etc, etc

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 7:05pm On Apr 30
Dam5reey:

You want to charge 25 phones simultaneously, that's 250 watts of energy if each phone takes 10w. that's base charging 2A 5V.
Plan at least a small battery to serve as a buffer for cloudy periods.
Plan for LFP backup 12V, 50AH, or lead acid 12V 100AH will do for a start.
500w Sachet inverter, you can't run DC-DC due to the number of phones.
12V 60A PWM charge controller,
2PC of 180W Solar panel.
with 500K you will reach somewhere!
Thanks , but remove the battery in this equation. Is there a way around?
Let cloudy day be cloudy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:19pm On Apr 30
durodee:

Like for many inverters or electronics it depends on many factors- Quality of the inverter itself, protection provided at installation against grid surge, lightning strikes, types of loads its being used for, ambient temperature, duration of use etc. The worst hybrid I have used so far (SOROTEC 5KVA range) lasted about 3 months before suddenly packing up, most will last years but unless you are using the high end types, I will budget 2-4 years on average before you have to repair something . The National grid with its "dirty" voltage and current is a major enemy. Off grid, the worst enemy is the element- heat/fan stoppage , lightning strike etc, etc
Apart from the quality of products, which may be a factory designed fault, every other thing you listed here is the false of the end users.
Take a look at the heating temperature of the inverter via the attached picture. Very few people do create time to open the sides of their inverter and clean the dust/blockage. Some people do not even remember it till they pack the inverter. This blockages do not always create room for air circulation/ventilation inside the system as the fans are blowing, whereby creating unnecessary internal heat within the closed system.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 9:58pm On Apr 30
isangjohnson:

The allowable voltage range that will not harm the cells is 2.500v-3.650v.
The working voltage range is 3.000v-3.400v per cell.
Charging above 3.425v per cell gains you nothing other than tear and wear because there is no appreciable stored energy above that voltage.
There is still energy stored over 3.425v, I normally stop charging at 3.450v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:57pm On Apr 30
isangjohnson:

Apart from the quality of products, which may be a factory designed fault, every other thing you listed here is the false of the end users.
Take a look at the heating temperature of the inverter via the attached picture. Very few people do create time to open the sides of their inverter and clean the dust/blockage. Some people do not even remember it till they pack the inverter. This blockages do not always create room for air circulation/ventilation inside the system as the fans are blowing, whereby creating unnecessary internal heat within the closed system.

We have bad maintenance culture but we won't agree. There are also some cases of factory error.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:26am On May 01
48v 280AH cells with complete custom box and 200A JK BMS available for sale.

Price options:
2.9m (coupling inclusive)
2.650m (buyer couple himself)

Unit 280AH cells available @138k (minimum 8 units)
Contact in my signature. Call/WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Parser: 3:54am On May 01
kwende:
Experts in the house, kindly suggest what complete solar solution I can get with the following

Budget: 5 million naira

Prefered Battery: lifepo4 lithium battery

Estate generator provides 12 hours of power per day

Thanks a lot....appreciated

Depends on your load. Mostly 5 to 6kw inverter.

Next question should be choosing between transformer based inverter or chopper based? Cause 5M no b small money, @bassdow @bigbrovar and other experts make una pls come give expert advice. Anyone with experience with transformerless using iron and AC for like 2yrs no issues....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:01am On May 01
kwende:
Experts in the house, kindly suggest what complete solar solution I can get with the following

Budget: 5 million naira

Prefered Battery: lifepo4 lithium battery

Estate generator provides 12 hours of power per day

Thanks a lot....appreciated

Your 5m should get you the following:

48v 280AH lifepo4 battery
5kw Growatt or SMS hybrid inverter
6x580w jinko
Connection accessories
Installation workmanship

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:54am On May 01
ojeysky:

Your 5m should get you the following:

48v 280AH lifepo4 battery
5kw Growatt or SMS hybrid inverter
6x580w jinko
Connection accessories
Installation workmanship

SMS lipsrsealed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:16am On May 01
HeavenlyBang:

SMS lipsrsealed

If he can increase his budget I will have suggested Deye wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primeelectronix: 8:32am On May 01
AUTHORIZED DEALER ON JINKO SOLAR PANELS,GROWATTS INVERTER AND PYLONTECH LITHIUM BATTERIES

GET YOUR ORIGINAL JINKO PANELS AT THE BEST RATE EVER..

AVAILABLE PANELS RIGHT NOW ARE
JINKO 440WATTS@130,000
JINKO 550 WATTS @155,000
JINKO 555WATTS @160,000
JINKO 580 WATTS @ 175,000
WHY RUN TO ALABA AND ARENA..WE ARE HERE TO HELP EASE THE STRESS OF DELIVERING SOLAR PANEL AND INVERTERS

WE CAN DELIVER WITH LAGOS,OYO,OGUN,ILORIN,EDO,DELTA ,ANAMBRA, IMO,PH AND MORE.
SEND IN YOUR ORDERS TO WHATSAPP 09074488146
GET YOUR BEST RATE ON MORE QUANTITY..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:40am On May 01
ojeysky:

I prefer Felicity to SMS

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:42am On May 01
ojeysky:

SRNE is a quality middle ground. They're the biggest Chinese inverter makers, I think. It's their budget models that companies like Powmr and Easun rebadge.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 8:49am On May 01
Hello. I have a 24v 100ah lifepo4 battery.
Constant load - 240w which is just a fridge and a fan.
I want to get an inverter to match it. I'm also planning on getting panels later on.
Please note that we get up to 8hrs of grid light daily.
Is it advisable to get an hybrid inverter ?
Considering that I'm staying in a rented apartment(limited space), will 2 500/550w panels in series be enough?

Budget is 500k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) ... (1709) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.