Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063289 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Parser: 4:37pm On Apr 25
bassdow:

you know there are people who don't know that something as little as 1-amps from a 200Volts source, is much deadlier than 12-amps from a 5Volts source.
True talk. Because with proliferation of solar like this, especially all this high V PV's installations for residential homes, he good make installers and users as well know the dangers. Proper cabling etc, to avoid story that touch
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:39pm On Apr 25
swagifted:
omo if our export no overshadow our imports nothing wey fit happen o.... And if the general public no MASSIVELY consume goods and services that are made in Nigeria nothing better go still come out... The story long but that's for another day. DSTV don increase money still no Nigerian competitor.. It is well.
I got the mail and I was like what grin grin grin

People are now porting to MetroDigital SLTV

It's well with us
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Parser: 5:04pm On Apr 25
Swagifted:
omo if our export no overshadow our imports nothing wey fit happen o.... And if the general public no MASSIVELY consume goods and services that are made in Nigeria nothing better go still come out... The story long but that's for another day. DSTV don increase money still no Nigerian competitor.. It is well.
......โ€ฆ.................

TechGeek777
I got the mail and I was like what grin grin grin

People are now porting to MetroDigital SLTV

It's well with us

@Swaggifted, you know the problem no be about import as some ppl dey shout import import. Do you know the rate of China import and export na almost the same thing. No person can become an island of it's own. How will person say him no need help from other people and nations. God wey create us in nations and varieties, languages know the reason why. So we can all depend on each other.

But here we are some people blaming imports. The problem we get for Nigeria na 'primitive accumulation of wealth' one person go one loot a whole nation dry & 'vested interest'. For every problem there are ppl benefiting.

Them get people that will fight to death make import dey sniffled as e dey now...cause them dey cash out.

A perfect economy should be an economy that encourages competition in markets not stifle it. If u feel people are patronising imports then improve your home grown solutions not block it. Archaic policies.

Make I know bore una sha, cause this one na solar thread not politics. But Buhari did us dirty & Tinubu just want to be copying this White guys style of capitalism whereby the nation isn't ripe for such policies. In all, I put the blame on Buhari!

Nigeria get long term fix and short term fix.

As a matter of urgency( short term fix): 1. open the border like LovePeddler all those products dey ban dey should unban them cause some ppl be cashing out from the restriction of imports.
2. We should be able to purchase dollar directly from bank not proxy
3. Bring back the fuel subsidy & subsidies in other sectors as well.
4. Export should be encouraged cause exporters dey complain also say dem dey face wahala.
5. Food inflation, they should fight the bandits cause many farmers are displaced( insecurity). A total ban on miners cause dem get northern cabals cashing out from it thereby constituting insecurities in some pivotal agri-states like Niger, Benue etc. Like anywhere there's mining there's insecurity. All these things started when Buhari enter office.

If them do this everything go normal again at least for a while.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 5:16pm On Apr 25
luvlyoracle:

I no get am oo I no go lie but call me or drop ur number
Not eight 181six7197nine
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deking(m): 5:55pm On Apr 25
luvlyoracle:
Any reliable used 24v at least 1.5kva hybrid inverter someone can buy for 180k
MPPT charge controller

Would really appreciate any help

Drop your contact
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 6:01pm On Apr 25
litaninja:
A quick one.
Please is this an inverter AC? What brand, model and what's the power consumption like when the compressor first kicks in and after the room has reached the set temperature?

Thanks.

My AC is the regular AC, bought close to 10 years ago. The power consumption depends on ambient temperature. When the weather is hot, it consumes more power.
I haven't seen any significant initial surge as I see with the pumping machine. When it came up yesterday night about 11:40pm, the starting power was 1457W which came down to 1421W at about 1:20am when it went off. Earlier yesterday in the afternoon, the starting power was 1588W.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 6:06pm On Apr 25
ojesymsym:
Nice one.
Do you control these devices at the DB or you use smart sockets compatible with Home Assistant to achieve all of these? If you are able to control at device level then you have to be able to communicate with the controls of those devices, right?

Each of them has a contactor controlling them. The contactors are controlled by an 8-channel relay connected to an ESP32 which does the controlling through Home Assistant and Node-Red.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 6:14pm On Apr 25
This will suggest that everything is done around the distribution box then.

adrusa:

Each of them has a contactor controlling them. The contactors are controlled by an 8-channel relay connected to an ESP32 which does the controlling through Home Assistant and Node-Red.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abuzz33: 6:18pm On Apr 25
luvlyoracle:
Any reliable used 24v at least 1.5kva hybrid inverter someone can buy for 180k
MPPT charge controller

Would really appreciate any help

Have luminous 24v hybrid inverter but 40a pwm charge controller. Dm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 6:25pm On Apr 25
deking:

Drop your contact
On my siggy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25
Thanks for the details.
Trying to get a replacement for a hisense inverter ac. It used to ramp up around 1.2kw and drop to as low as 300w after reaching set temprature earlier in its life. But recently, it just maintains the 1.2kw, with occasional drops to 1kw. Its been serviced and cleaned a million times with no improvement, and even when ambient temp is pretty low, consumption remains same.
NB: Compressor hasn't been changed to a regular one.

adrusa:

My AC is the regular AC, bought close to 10 years ago. The power consumption depends on ambient temperature. When the weather is hot, it consumes more power.
I haven't seen any significant initial surge as I see with the pumping machine. When it came up yesterday night about 11:40pm, the starting power was 1457W which came down to 1421W at about 1:20am when it went off. Earlier yesterday in the afternoon, the starting power was 1588W.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25
which 12v inverter can one buy that will carry a normal 80w ac fridge effortlessly without short circuit?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25
Deluxe8000:
which 12v inverter can one buy that will carry a normal 80w ac fridge effortlessly without short circuit?

Well, it's just 80w. Any inverter will suffice.

Iinnov8:
Re-introducing the 3000W EASun Pure Sine Wave inverter (12V/24V)

Price: 94,000

Youtube link video shows the inverter powering an inductive electric cooker, pressing iron, microwave, washing machine, deep freezer, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgbL4Lw_Bw

Key Features:
- Peak power 3000w; Continuous 1500w
- Offgrid (no charging function. you need an external charger for your batteries). Recommendation avalable
- Consumes very low power (<5w) from your batteries to invert, so you will get more backup time from your batteries
- Protection against overload. It only trips off with an alarm sound and light when overloaded, but returns to normal working when you switch off and on again.
- Protection against surges from sparks, partial contacts and reverse polarity connections

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 11:12pm On Apr 25
Good evening

Please I have this kind of configuration setup in my apartment

5kva 24v Inveter
400Watts Solar panels (5)
220ah battery (2)
60amps charger

My question is whenever I try charging with Nepa light o shows it fully charged within few minutes but when itโ€™s on resting stage meaning when it not connect to any form of charge and I check the battery I get 77% even while on solar it shows it fully charged but at the end of the day I see 75% please how can I get it charged to 100% or should I just ignore the fact that it say fully charged and continue charging please any help would be appreciated. Thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 12:04am On Apr 26
ojesymsym:
This will suggest that everything is done around the distribution box then.

Yes, no individual smart plug except for smaller things like TV, fans, wall switches where I use sonoff switches flashed with esphome.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 3:25am On Apr 26
litaninja:
Thanks for the details.
Trying to get a replacement for a hisense inverter ac. It used to ramp up around 1.2kw and drop to as low as 300w after reaching set temprature earlier in its life. But recently, it just maintains the 1.2kw, with occasional drops to 1kw. Its been serviced and cleaned a million times with no improvement, and even when ambient temp is pretty low, consumption remains same.

try it when the weather is cold and see if it will maintain that 1.2kw...my LG AC been de behave like that too... But for this heat? E no de gree go down again like before.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 3:27am On Apr 26
adrusa:

Yes, no individual smart plug except for smaller things like TV, fans, wall switches where I use sonoff switches flashed with esphome.
please i use sonoff devices too, what are the benefits of this flashing?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 6:00am On Apr 26
This Sonoff is just rubbish, mine stopped working it just 1year of use.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:10am On Apr 26
swagifted:
try it when the weather is cold and see if it will maintain that 1.2kw...my LG AC been de behave like that too... But for this heat? E no de gree go down again like before.
That's how it supposed to be. Ambient temperature is the determinant factor.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:11am On Apr 26
litaninja:
Thanks for the details.

How many HP?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:11am On Apr 26
adrusa:

How many HP is your AC Boss?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:22am On Apr 26
adeshina36:
Good evening

5kva 24v Inveter
220ah battery (2)
60amps charger

My question is whenever I try charging with Nepa light o shows it fully charged within few minutes but when itโ€™s on resting stage meaning when it not connect to any form of charge and I check the battery I get 77% even while on solar it shows it fully charged but at the end of the day I see 75% please how can I get it charged to 100% or should I just ignore the fact that it say fully charged and continue charging please any help would be appreciated. Thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ
When it shows fully charged, shutdown the system and take the voltage reason on the battery terminals directly via voltmeter. Better still, charge the battery individually to full, allow them to rest for an hour or thereabouts and take the reason.
What type of lead acid battery are you using?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:36am On Apr 26
adeshina36:
Good evening

5kva 24v Inveter
220ah battery (2)
60amps charger

The % you see is not accurate but guesswork by the inverter is based on voltages.
therefore we can't say it's an issue, so ignore all those readings.
The more reason the choice of batteries is now Lithium batteries is that BMS tells your correct SOC in % that is based on the Coulomb counter, AH in AH out.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:37am On Apr 26
Asba wisdom mining flag off construction of 1.6 million ton per annum lithium processing plant in abuja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EynxjuvZDjI?si=NeLMNgZwJw9BRwQ-

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:56am On Apr 26
TechGeek777:

Previous policy drafted to reduce exchanged rate has gone south by the cabals, forget what you see on TV, this country na God go fit save us.

There's underground plan for it to hit 1800/$

If the OGAs at the top want it to be 400/$ it's 100% possible, but you can't close a system you are benefiting from.
It's very unfortunate and painful. How long will EFCC continue crackdown on manipulator's platform?
People were bringing the price of their products down just to clear the old stock and make purchase with the new rate because we were expecting the new price regime next month ending........
The system is too porous with fake products all over the Nigerian markets.
Please, people should not be looking at what is written on the body of products again. Just do a test or physically inspect the products to be sure of what you're buying.
I bought 1 meter of 16mm single flex cable @ N2400 a few days ago in one of the popular electrical shop in Uyo. I was very busy to really check it before making the payment. I later checked it at home and saw 16mm boldly written on the body and when I peeled off the surface of the wire, the stranded wire was too small. I removed the 10mm Daly bms cable and checked and realized the 10mm cable size and even the stranded wire were far bigger than the 16mm cable.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Adinije(f): 9:07am On Apr 26
Pls, someone help me in solar setup that can run this freezer, and powerbanks.

I am also considering a setup that can run with or without batteries for a start.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 10:28am On Apr 26
swagifted:
please i use sonoff devices too, what are the benefits of this flashing?

The major benefit for me is that I don't need internet to control my switches. I actually came across Home Assistant, Tasmota and Esphome when I started looking for ways of controlling my switches when the internet is down in the house.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:46am On Apr 26
Between LG Inverter AC, Hisense Inverter AC and Thermocool GenPal Inverter AC, which amongst these three has the lowest consumption of wattage? I'm looking at the 1HP capacity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 11:49am On Apr 26
luvlyoracle:
Any used hybrid inverter someone can buy for 180k
MPPT charge controller

Would really appreciate

Still needed
Abeg see my budget before person go thief ontop sola

Thank u Regards grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 11:49am On Apr 26
1.5 HP

isangjohnson:

How many HP?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 11:51am On Apr 26
Would take note of that. But i'm doubtful of any really "cold" periods within southwest parts of naija anytime soon. Daily lows have been 25Deg upwards i think.

swagifted:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 11:54am On Apr 26
Ha. I can almost swear by them o. They do what they need to do, no issues, no palava.
Did you flash tasmota?

Oshomo12:
This Sonoff is just rubbish, mine stopped working it just 1year of use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: EduTechTainMent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.